HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XV)

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Then we'd be paying @ value. The whole point to Booth is not only do you not, you accept a bribe to take him.
Correct, I don't mind picking up a "value" guy.

But I would rather target Burrows and pay more because he's a much better player than Booth and would help us out much more IMO.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Correct, I don't mind picking up a "value" guy.

But I would rather target Burrows and pay more because he's a much better player than Booth and would help us out much more IMO.
I agree, but then we may as well just target any expensive RWer. The big point is taking advantage of the situation (the dropping cap) and getting players at a much lower value than they're typically worth. If we're paying teams @ value Chevy isn't doing a great job IMO. Unless it's a very, very good player ala Loui Eriksson.

Also Grabovski getting bought out? For around 3 million I would love to get that guy here. Great player and gets unfairly **** on in Toronto.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I agree, but then we may as well just target any expensive RWer.

Also Grabovski getting bought out? For around 3 million I would love to get that guy here. Great player and gets unfairly **** on in Toronto.
For sure, the only difference with Burrows is that Vancouver has cap issues. So "theoretically" maybe his cost wouldn't be as much as from a team without cap issues. So that's what my thought process is. That we wouldn't hopefully be paying "full value". Plus, Vancouver was mega high on Burmistrov in his draft year as well.....

For the right price, I would take Grabovski as well.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
For sure, the only difference with Burrows is that Vancouver has cap issues. So "theoretically" maybe his cost wouldn't be as much as from a team without cap issues. So that's what my thought process is. That we wouldn't hopefully be paying "full value". Plus, Vancouver was mega high on Burmistrov in his draft year as well.....

For the right price, I would take Grabovski as well.
That's true. Maybe Burrows could be had at a lesser price. Except Burrows has full control as he has a full NTC.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

I've always liked Grabovski, just thought he was a bit overpaid on his current contract. Would definitely welcome him here at the right price, though.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Old
07-04-2013, 11:45 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I've always liked Grabovski, just thought he was a bit overpaid on his current contract. Would definitely welcome him here at the right price, though.
I think he'll get 5 by someone. Which will probably more than what we're offering (IF we'd offer him a contract).

Old
07-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Wpgpage

vCash: 500
Huge Grabo fan, would love the Jets to pick him up. I doubt he gets 5M but something like 4.2-4.8 M is fair for him. A top 9 of:

Kane/Scheif/Wheeler
Ladd/Grabo/Little
xxxx/Burmi/Frolik

Looks actually pretty darn good, that 2nd and 3rd line can eat the tough minutes and free up KSW to feast on easy minutes.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Sweech
COYS!

I think our division rivals Dallas and Nashville will likely go hard for Grabo.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:01 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
What is a top 15 goal scoring centre and top 40 point producing centre worth?

...cause that is Grabo over the last three years.

Far worse players have garnered $5MM

Old
07-04-2013, 12:03 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
Huge Grabo fan, would love the Jets to pick him up. I doubt he gets 5M but something like 4.2-4.8 M is fair for him. A top 9 of:

Kane/Scheif/Wheeler
Ladd/Grabo/Little
xxxx/Burmi/Frolik

Looks actually pretty darn good, that 2nd and 3rd line can eat the tough minutes and free up KSW to feast on easy minutes.
Scheif is not starting out as our #1 center.

Adding Grabo actually gives us an option to move Little to RW. Which could potentially fix our RW problem.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:03 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post

Kane/Scheif/Wheeler
Ladd/Grabo/Little
xxxx/Burmi/Frolik

Getting Grabo could be the solution to our 2nd line RW problem. It's a good idea to put Little on RW for him though I'm not sure how he'd perform it would be a bit of a gamble he played good but also bad before as RW.

Ladd Grabovski Wheeler
Kane Scheifele Little
Burmistrov Jokinen Frolik
Wright Slater Thorburn/Tangradi

I would like it. But I doubt it happens.

*edit* haha duke beat me to it.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:05 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

^^^ I don't think it'd be much of a gamble to be honest. Little did score 31 goals as a RW. Albeit, with Kozlov and a career year from Todd freakin White. But from what I can remember of Little on the wing in recent years, he brings more offense from the wing position because he isn't always the last one up the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
What is a top 15 goal scoring centre and top 40 point producing centre worth?

...cause that is Grabo over the last three years.

Far worse players have garnered $5MM
Offensively, he's not much better then Little though. And what would you say Little is worth?

Old
07-04-2013, 12:05 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke89 View Post
Scheif is not starting out as our #1 center.

Adding Grabo actually gives us an option to move Little to RW. Which could potentially fix our RW problem.
Flip the order of those two lines, and shelter the KSW line - that could work. Give LGL the tough minutes.

Ladd - Grabo - Little
Kane - Scheif - Wheeler
Burmi - Jokinen - Frolik
Tangradi - Slater - Wright

Not bad, IMHO.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:06 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperRockChamp View Post
It seems like some/many are giving Scheif a roster spot this year. My opinion is probably unpopular but I see him in the AHL this year with Lowry, O'Dell, Trouba, and Redmond.

Also, when has Derek Roy played right wing? Was it for more than one game?
Again these two players are eligible for waivers, and certainly wouldn't clear. To retain their value to the club they either have to play in the NHL or be traded.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:06 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Yotes fan coming in peace. Would there be any interest in Rusty Klesla+ for Burmistrov? Right now I have the + as a 2014 2nd rounder and a conditional pick if Klesla doesn't resign. From what I've read you guys are looking for a Top 4 stay-at-home LHD and Klesla reliably fits that bill.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:08 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Again these two players are eligible for waivers, and certainly wouldn't clear. To retain their value to the club they either have to play in the NHL or be traded.
Every year people say the jets players will get picked up on waivers yet they never do.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:09 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Flip the order of those two lines, and shelter the KSW line - that could work. Give LGL the tough minutes.
And if Burmi can play 3rd line center, you can trust him with some tough minutes. Take the pressure off of Scheif.

Old
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Yotes fan coming in peace. Would there be any interest in Rusty Klesla+ for Burmistrov? Right now I have the + as a 2014 2nd rounder and a conditional pick if Klesla doesn't resign. From what I've read you guys are looking for a Top 4 stay-at-home LHD and Klesla reliably fits that bill.
I like Klesla and Klesla + 2nd 2014 is not that bad but I'd turn it down because of his age and only has one year left on his contract (two at least would be important, because of Morrissey's future).

Old
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
Every year people say the jets players will get picked up on waivers yet they never do.
I was unaware all Jets players were the same and had the same value.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:10 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
And if Burmi can play 3rd line center, you can trust him with some tough minutes. Take the pressure off of Scheif.
Yep - you'd have a defensive and offensive line that can take tough matchups, and allow Kane's line to feast. Wheeler becomes the setup man who can keep up with Kane, and Scheifele can setup and pick up the inevitable juicy scraps that those two dynamos leave lying around. He's quite opportunistic, so I could see that working well.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:12 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
I like Klesla and Klesla + 2nd 2014 is not that bad but I'd turn it down because of his age and only has one year left on his contract (two at least would be important, because of Morrissey's future).
Klesla is getting older (31) and has some durability issues, but he's still very reliable and I don't think will be that hard to resign. Can certainly add more futures to the package though.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 1077
Would the Jets be interested in bringing in Hedberg? Jersey is buying him out I believe, or at least putting him on waivers. Can he still fill the 1B role or is he nothing but an old backup that'll get 10-20 starts?

Old
07-04-2013, 12:14 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
I was unaware all Jets players were the same and had the same value.
then you missed the memo

Old
07-04-2013, 12:16 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
then you missed the memo
Touche.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:17 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Klesla is getting older (31) and has some durability issues, but he's still very reliable and I don't think will be that hard to resign. Can certainly add more futures to the package though.
The only way it would be a good deal for Winnipeg is if Klesla gets re-signed after 13/14 for 2 more years at let's say 1,5-2 mio but I doubt that happens. It would be too much of a gamble IMO, but this deal may work IMO:

Burmistrov for 2nd 2014 + Klesla

if Klesla get's re-signed from the Jets after 13/14, the 2nd round pick turns into a 1st round pick and Jets send a 3rd Round pick the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
Would the Jets be interested in bringing in Hedberg? Jersey is buying him out I believe, or at least putting him on waivers. Can he still fill the 1B role or is he nothing but an old backup that'll get 10-20 starts?
I'd be very interested, he's one of the best pure back up goalies in the league, IMO. He's familiar with a couple of our players (Bogo, Kane, Little, Slater, Thorburn) and Pavelec of course and played in MTS Centre before. A good match, IMO.

Closed Thread