HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XV)

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
What is a top 15 goal scoring centre and top 40 point producing centre worth?

...cause that is Grabo over the last three years.

Far worse players have garnered $5MM
As I said... "I've always liked Grabovski, just thought he was a bit overpaid..."

A bit as in I view him worth 4.5-5 million. His cap hit at 5.5 is a touch high to me, personally. I understand where his numbers fall, I'm just not entirely sold he's worth upwards of 6 million , as I don't think many agree he is (his contract reaches 6 million in actual dollars, and to some teams that does indeed matter).

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Old
07-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Wpgpage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Flip the order of those two lines, and shelter the KSW line - that could work. Give LGL the tough minutes.
That's what I was thinking yes didn't really order those lines correctly. Ether way Grabo has proven to be a solid puck possession player even when playing difficult opposition. A guy like that goes a long way on the a 2nd line.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Correct, I don't mind picking up a "value" guy.

But I would rather target Burrows and pay more because he's a much better player than Booth and would help us out much more IMO.
Agreed in full, Huff.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:24 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
Every year people say the jets players will get picked up on waivers yet they never do.
Who? Stapleton? Meech? The only player I can think of that we actually had a chance of losing was Kulda, and that was fall in 2011.

There's a reason Postma and Kulda stayed up at the big club this year, and Flood did last year.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Kelly Moore ‏@KellyMooreCJOB 20m

Aaron Asham of Portage just put on waivers by @NYRangers He's 35 but would certainly bring badly needed grit to @NHLJets
I've always liked Asham, and I agree with Kelly here. I wanted Asham as a UFA 2 summers ago, he's got one-year left at 1 million. A good hard-nosed checking forward that Jets could use, in my opinion. This is where we need to get rid of Thorburn. Me personally, I view Asham and what he brings better suited for us, he's tougher, he hits better, etc. Swapping Asham/Peluso in and out would be ideal with Wright & Slater, I think.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:28 PM
IPreferPi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
The only way it would be a good deal for Winnipeg is if Klesla gets re-signed after 13/14 for 2 more years at let's say 1,5-2 mio but I doubt that happens. It would be too much of a gamble IMO, but this deal may work IMO:

Burmistrov for 2nd 2014 + Klesla

if Klesla get's re-signed from the Jets after 13/14, the 2nd round pick turns into a 1st round pick and Jets send a 3rd Round pick the other way around.
Having a hard time following you - are you saying that if Klesla resigns, the Yotes actually have to send a 1st instead of a 2nd rounder? Shouldn't it be the other way around - a 2nd initially, a 1st in the case he doesn't resign?

Old
07-04-2013, 12:29 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Having a hard time following you - are you saying that if Klesla resigns, the Yotes actually have to send a 1st instead of a 2nd rounder? Shouldn't it be the other way around - a 2nd initially, a 1st in the case he doesn't resign?
Yeah thats not very logical Thats more what I meant.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Flip the order of those two lines, and shelter the KSW line - that could work. Give LGL the tough minutes.

Ladd - Grabo - Little
Kane - Scheif - Wheeler
Burmi - Jokinen - Frolik
Tangradi - Slater - Wright

Not bad, IMHO.
I like the looks of that. It's amazing what the addition of a legit top 6 forward can do to the looks of this group on paper.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:31 PM
IPreferPi

Quote:
Yeah thats not very logical Thats more what I meant.
Okay, just so we're clear, Klesla + conditional 2014 pick (2nd if he resigns, 1st if he doesn't) for Burmistrov. I think that's doable from our end (although I'd certainly appreciate a 2nd/3rd coming back our way if we do have to give up our 1st)

Last edited by IPreferPi: 07-04-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old
07-04-2013, 12:32 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Okay, just so we're clear, Klesla + conditional 2014 pick (2nd if he resigns, 1st if he doesn't) for Burmistrov. I think that's doable from our end.
I'd think about that trade, yes. But thats just my 2 cents

Old
07-04-2013, 12:33 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I like the looks of that. It's amazing what the addition of a legit top 6 forward can do to the looks of this group on paper.
Yep. Everyone slides down into better roles. That's a very good 4th line, a potentially tough checking 3rd that can pot a few, high scoring 2nd, and a 1st that can really hurt you while taking tough minutes.

Boston'esque.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:34 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Yep. Everyone slides down into better roles. That's a very good 4th line, a potentially tough checking 3rd, high scoring 2nd, and a 1st that can really hurt you while taking tough minutes.

Boston'esque.
#Whatischevydoing today?

Old
07-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Shakey Rustie
1L

vCash: 1077
Quote:
But does our PP still use Jokinen on the point?!

I agree that looks damn good.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

Quote:
gary lawless ‏@garylawless 7m

One guy in the trade market I know #nhljets have always been high on is #bruins forward rich peverley
This has been discussed here, and I'd like Peverly but not really as a top 6 forward. I think he's better suited on the 3rd line. With that being said, we've got Frolik there and I'd rather keep Frolik on the 3rd line than go into the season relying on him for top 6 RW production. But, you never know I guess...

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Scheifele - Frolik
Burmistrov - Jokinen - Peverley
Wright - Slater - Peluso/Tangradi

I think I'd just rather a forward (like Grabovski) who has a higher and more polished offensive ceiling and better offensive tools.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:38 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

PS: that potential lineup has a LOT of speed too. Grabo, Little, Kane, Wheeler, Frolik, Burmi, Wright all have good wheels, while the rest have decent to good speed. I think that'd be a tough roster to play against - little to key on, as its quite balanced.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:40 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
This has been discussed here, and I'd like Peverly but not really as a top 6 forward. I think he's better suited on the 3rd line. With that being said, we've got Frolik there and I'd rather keep Frolik on the 3rd line than go into the season relying on him for top 6 RW production.
Peverly won't be a Jet after we traded for Frolik. That was the only part that cried a little inside of me when the Frolik trade was announced

Old
07-04-2013, 12:41 PM
IPreferPi

Quote:
I'd think about that trade, yes. But thats just my 2 cents
Understood.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Yep. Everyone slides down into better roles. That's a very good 4th line, a potentially tough checking 3rd that can pot a few, high scoring 2nd, and a 1st that can really hurt you while taking tough minutes.

Boston'esque.
Exactly. Hard to compare to the elite team Boston is, but I've long (and others) compared our group to being constructed much like Boston. Group effort and team rather than elite star power.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:43 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Not too familiar with Klesla, what is his game like? Is his contract good value? If he doesn't re-sign that would really burn our ass.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:44 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

Quote:
(...)

I think I'd just rather a forward (like Grabovski) who has a higher and more polished offensive ceiling and better offensive tools.
Agree. I really like Peverly, but he pushes Frolik up. I'd rather push him down - better trend.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:45 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
gary lawless ‏@garylawless 19m

One guy in the trade market I know #nhljets have always been high on is #bruins forward rich peverley
hmmm

Old
07-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Peverly won't be a Jet after we traded for Frolik. That was the only part that cried a little inside of me when the Frolik trade was announced
Unless we use Frolik as 2nd line RW and put Peverley on the 3rd line. Which may work, i'd just really rather someone who is more of a legit 2nd line forward, while letting Frolik be a defensively responsible and reliable 3rd line + PK guy who can chip in offensively here and there.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:49 PM
IPreferPi

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Not too familiar with Klesla, what is his game like? Is his contract good value? If he doesn't re-sign that would really burn our ass.
Top 4 gritty shutdown defensemen with some offensive acumen. An LHD but can also play on the right as well. Very steady and reliable although Rusty does have some durability issues. Would love to keep him, but with our defensive depth and emerging prospects, Klesla's $3M salary is a luxury the Yotes can't really afford with their needs at forward.

I don't think he should be too hard to resign, which is why I'm willing to gamble on giving up next year's 1st if he doesn't. :-)

Old
07-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

looks like we signed Montoya.

Eghk....i wouldn't have minded signing him later in the season. Means we aren't bidding on Khudobin or an upgrade.

If we miss the playoffs this year i'm pointing it to this moment in history right here.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:54 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Top 4 gritty shutdown defensemen with some offensive acumen. An LHD but can also play on the right as well. Very steady and reliable although Rusty does have some durability issues. Would love to keep him, but with our defensive depth and emerging prospects, Klesla's $3M salary is a luxury the Yotes can't really afford with their needs at forward.

I don't think he should be too hard to resign, which is why I'm willing to gamble on giving up next year's 1st if he doesn't. :-)
I think he really would be a great player for our D.

Enström Buff
Klesla Bogosian
Clitsome/Stuart Trouba/Redmond

no worries here!

but you gotty think about it. Burmistrov is a very tough decision. I still love him and still think he could turn out to be a great player and with the right franchise and the right people around him, I'm sure he will. I'm just not SURE the Jets are that franchise.

Trade Postma for a 2nd and another C to B-prospect and re-sign Klesla until Morrissey is up and you have the right foundation on the D and already 1st, 3x2nd for 2014 draft. ... if he doesn't re-signs it's 2x1sr and 2x2nd.

Closed Thread