Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Vashanesh
Playoffs? Playoffs!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
Darn, Cap Lock key on my Macbook Pro broke in half. Easy to buy a new key and fix it myself or is there a place I should take it into to get it replaced?
Depends on your warranty status. If you're still covered under Apple's warranty, make them fix it.

Old
07-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Story of my life:

Overqualified for entry level jobs
Underqualified for senior level jobs

Old
07-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Vashanesh
Playoffs? Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Story of my life:

Overqualified for entry level jobs
Underqualified for senior level jobs
Sounds familiar...

Old
07-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm just going to start applying for senior level jobs. Eight years of experience and a degree should be enough even if my job title is slightly off. Clearly my salary demands are too high for most positions that are lateral moves so might as well try and sell myself as a cheap senior level guy who can add value.

Old
07-11-2013, 12:07 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Got ~17 miles in today. Feels good.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
07-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Vashanesh
Playoffs? Playoffs!

Quote:
I'm just going to start applying for senior level jobs. Eight years of experience and a degree should be enough even if my job title is slightly off. Clearly my salary demands are too high for most positions that are lateral moves so might as well try and sell myself as a cheap senior level guy who can add value.
Certainly worth a try. I have also heard a lot of places set their job requirements much higher than they actually require, to try to weed people out.

I'm trying to take job requirements with a grain of salt. It could stop me from getting something in the low end of "senior" work.

Old
07-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah, just applied for five senior level jobs. All of them I meet the qualifications or get pretty close. I just mentally see someone in that position as having a certain level of knowledge or experience in that field that I don't have, even though I have similar knowledge and experience just with different terminology.

Old
07-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Vashanesh
Playoffs? Playoffs!

So, it's looking like I am going to be working for the software company that made my old company's register software. I'm kind of interviewing over skype right now.

I have to say, it's pretty funny how things like that work. I guess that makes my job hunting moot.

Old
07-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Really good friend separating from his wife this week. Just feel terrible for him. Married 10+ years with four kids. Breaking up with my kid's mom was hard but I can't begin to imagine that. I always thought their was the strongest relationship of anyone I knew.

Old
07-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Jbcraig1883

Jarick,

How has your golf game been past few weeks?

I was able to play four times in MN (took a week vacation). Shot 107, 103, 99, and 97. No mulligans or gimmes, etc. (Not directed at you but I have met too many people in my 29 years that say they shoot 80s and low 90s but never count penalties for water/OB or missed short putts, cap the worst score at like 8 or 10, etc. When in reality, they probably shoot 105-120). Starting to get used to the interlock grip. My chipping and putting has gotten twice as good but my accuracy from the tee box is still inconsistent. Also have one or two holes where I get extremely negative which ends up costing me a few strokes. Improving my course management (punching out to fairway instead of trying to hit a draw or fade from the rough). I think if I can start hitting the fairways from the tee more consistently, I think I can get to 88-92 consistently, which was my goal for this summer.

Old
07-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcraig1883 View Post
Jarick,

How has your golf game been past few weeks?

I was able to play four times in MN (took a week vacation). Shot 107, 103, 99, and 97. No mulligans or gimmes, etc. (Not directed at you but I have met too many people in my 29 years that say they shoot 80s and low 90s but never count penalties for water/OB or missed short putts, cap the worst score at like 8 or 10, etc. When in reality, they probably shoot 105-120). Starting to get used to the interlock grip. My chipping and putting has gotten twice as good but my accuracy from the tee box is still inconsistent. Also have one or two holes where I get extremely negative which ends up costing me a few strokes. Improving my course management (punching out to fairway instead of trying to hit a draw or fade from the rough). I think if I can start hitting the fairways from the tee more consistently, I think I can get to 88-92 consistently, which was my goal for this summer.
I don't use any mulligans or gimmes either. However, I do improve my lie since the courses get used so much. It needs to be done, but I only move it when needed, and not very far.

My driving from the tee box was the last thing that I got trained in. That takes a lot of work, and many golfers and teachers say that there is a cycle of mediocrity. You will either drive great and have bad irons, mediocre at both, or great irons and drive bad. Since it takes 2 different types of swings and most people don't know how to change.

I always have that negative hole, mostly because its always in the 2 holes that I hate. However, when I do bad I stop thinking about golf and about hockey or something and relax, then I do good again.

As for course management, you could go to the driving range and work out those shots. Its actually pretty easy to draw and fade. Just change your grip and either put the ball in the back and close your stance or way out front and open up.

Do you hit driver off most tee boxes? It doesn't hurt to put it away and bring out the fairway wood, which can be used with an iron swing.

Old
07-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
I don't use any mulligans or gimmes either. However, I do improve my lie since the courses get used so much. It needs to be done, but I only move it when needed, and not very far.

My driving from the tee box was the last thing that I got trained in. That takes a lot of work, and many golfers and teachers say that there is a cycle of mediocrity. You will either drive great and have bad irons, mediocre at both, or great irons and drive bad. Since it takes 2 different types of swings and most people don't know how to change.

I always have that negative hole, mostly because its always in the 2 holes that I hate. However, when I do bad I stop thinking about golf and about hockey or something and relax, then I do good again.

As for course management, you could go to the driving range and work out those shots. Its actually pretty easy to draw and fade. Just change your grip and either put the ball in the back and close your stance or way out front and open up.

Do you hit driver off most tee boxes? It doesn't hurt to put it away and bring out the fairway wood, which can be used with an iron swing.
Yea, I would say that I was more consistent with my driver and decent with my irons but was absolutely horrendous around the green. It did not help I purchased a mallet putter - no touch with that thing.

Yea, like you, I have to stop and clear my head. Otherwise the round just gets worse.

As for the draw/fade, I have not gotten to the point where my new swing is muscle memory/reaction. I am still thinking too much, imo. However, I do need to go to the range like you said and practice those shots.

Well, my first two rounds were almost all driver. At the time, I figured I needed to work through it. Then I realized my stupidity in that I should use a range to work on the driver, and switched to a three wood. On the more difficult holes, I just used a five iron (did not have a 3 or 4 and my hybrids were not there) and punched it out there. On the holes I did this, I was much closer to GIRs.

I have had two lessons now. The first was pretty much irons (only swung a 7 iron) and the second was driver/chipping. He did show me a small difference with my hands/angle of shaft and where ball should be but the swing itself with the driver did not seem different. Perhaps that is the issue? Since he changed my grip and swing with the irons, I cannot stop pushing the ball right off the tee box.

Edit: I also have problems chipping in wet grass. I get all ground. Then, trying to pick it, I will skull it. After realizing this, I have been using a bump and run approach. It has worked well but I need to practice it more to get the distance/swing down.

Last edited by Jbcraig1883: 07-11-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old
07-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The last three times I went out I shot 11-over for nine holes. How honest are they? Well I took a mulligan twice in that span and didn't count an OOB a couple times. I also play from forward tees too. Honestly I know I'm not good so I'm not going to try and kill myself on the score sheet right now.

Basically I feel like I'm still learning how to play well enough to start to PLAY. If that makes sense. I haven't played 18 yet and once I start doing so, then I'll keep a stricter score.

I'm still learning to hit my shots relatively straight. I still can't use a driver at all because I slice or top it so badly. The 3 wood isn't much better and after sending a ball into traffic, that's going away as well.

The two good things I've done lately are working on my chipping and being able to establish yardages with my short irons and wedges. Getting my 58* wedge was huge for me since it has the right loft and bounce for my chipping style, and that's brought my scores down big time. As for yardages, my swing is now straight enough most of the time that I can notice a 10-15 yard gap between irons.

At the start of the year, I played with:

4 & 6 hybrids
8 & PW irons
56* wedge
Putter

Now I'm playing with:

5 hybrid
7, 8, 9, PW, AW irons
54* & 58* wedges
Putter

I've found that the 5 hybrid can get me out about 175-180 which is certainly playable and for the most part stay in the fairway. It's usable off the tee for the shorter courses I've played yet can still obviously play off the turf. And my misses don't go so far out that it gets me in trouble.

At worst, I have to use an extra club to get to the green. Instead of driving 250-ish and then hitting a wedge from say 50-75 yards, I'll hit the 5 and an iron and I'm either on the green or just off, and because I'm practicing my chipping so much, I'm getting up and down sometimes or at least two-putting regularly.

I actually chipped in from the fringe twice last week! That helped bring my score down, although I had a pair of snowmen which sucked pretty badly.

I agree on punching out, and that's what cost me twice. I tried to get through the woods on one hole and ended up hitting it THREE TIMES just to get back to the fairway. Or the first hole where I hit into the woods then hit a tree. BUT, I had a beautiful hybrid shot from the woods to about 40 feet out on another hole. Got lucky.

As for my plan, I'm just going to keep focused on short game and shots from 150 yards and in. Try to keep the ball flight straight and at some point I need to work on my aiming as I will often hit straight pushes or pulls. I don't think I'm going to touch a driver or wood the rest of the year but would like to get my 3 hybrid consistent on the range. I can hit that about 200-210 with roll when it's going well, but of course the lower the loft, the more I'm likely to slice, and the worse that slice gets.

Old
07-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Yea, I would say that I was more consistent with my driver and decent with my irons but was absolutely horrendous around the green. It did not help I purchased a mallet putter - no touch with that thing.

Yea, like you, I have to stop and clear my head. Otherwise the round just gets worse.

As for the draw/fade, I have not gotten to the point where my new swing is muscle memory/reaction. I am still thinking too much, imo. However, I do need to go to the range like you said and practice those shots.

Well, my first two rounds were almost all driver. At the time, I figured I needed to work through it. Then I realized my stupidity in that I should use a range to work on the driver, and switched to a three wood. On the more difficult holes, I just used a five (did not have a 3 or 4 and my hybrids were not there) and punched it out there. On the holes I did this, I was much closer to GIRs.

I have had two lessons now. The first was pretty much irons (only swung a 7 iron) and the second was driver/chipping. He did show me a small difference with my hands/angle of shaft and where ball should be but the swing itself with the driver did not seem different. Perhaps that is the issue? Since he changed my grip and swing with the irons, I cannot stop pushing the ball right off the tee box.
I've had one putter and one putter only. Technology really doesn't change much for putters over the years, so there really isn't a point in switching.

The greatest golf coach in the world says you should swing about 100 times a day. And you don't even have to hit a ball. If you can, get one of those momentus swing trainers. Its a heavy club that has the handle formed to what your grip should be. I've practiced with that a lot over the years and have never had a grip problem.

Most people don't realize that two 5 irons or 6 irons will do the same thing as driver - pitching wedge. I can go to a course around here with just a 4-7-SW and putter and shoot in the 70's, but since its at the average point for slope, I don't really count it.

When hitting the driver, you just have to forget about hitting the ball hard and put a good swing on it. The technology does the rest of it pretty well. Even with most clubs, you should do this, but especially the driver.

As for short game stuff, if you have a yard or a park around you, just take a frisbee and whatever you use to pitch and a few balls. Then just throw the frisbee and hit to it. Now that I don't have a yard to do this, my short game has stagnated, but if I'm anywhere around the green, I know I can get it within 5 feet to save par. Also, a surprising amount of people don't know when to pitch or chip. I think its fairly self explanatory and I'm sure you get it.

There are plenty of reasons you could be pushing the ball, but I'm not a coach, nor do I try to be, and I don't know what your swing looks like. I'm just saying what works for me.

Old
07-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Funny...

When I was a kid I used an Anser type knockoff and was a decent putter. Then spent all my allowance and savings on an Odyssey mallet. Never liked it.

Last year I got a Yes! Anser style and LOVED the thing, but after a few bad rounds this year curiosity got the better of me and I traded in my old Odyssey plus $25 for a TM Ghost Spider. I got it dirt cheap because the white paint was chipped up and it looked nasty, but this was a $150 putter last year! Who cares!

So far, the alignment and high MOI has really helped me, along with using alignment aids on the ball. I'm pretty decent at reading greens so I just point the ball line towards where I want to hit, then line up the lines on putter, and then just have to work on a smooth stroke. I try and let my brain figure out how hard to hit it (i.e. subconsciously) but I do tend to accelerate or deccelerate a bit too much.

Still, I'm having a lot more success this year with it and l feel like I'm not getting lucky but actually putting well.

As for chipping, I tried a lot of things, including bump and run. I know it's supposed to be the greatest old school thing ever, but my irons are SUPER hot on the face and I have no control over the ball. I actually picked up a cheap set of 52/56/60 wedges and spent hours on the practice greens and learned that I like more loft and less bounce.

For some dumb reason, I'm a really good picker/sweeper of the ball and like to fly it to the hole and then let it run the last little bit. With too little loft, I'm trying to hit it to the hole and then it runs way past. With too much bounce, I end up de-lofting so much that I get too much run, or else I will skull the ball a lot.

I kind of do a little hinge-and-hold stuff, but really it's mostly a smooth putting stroke and practicing a TON to get good contact. I didn't practice for a couple weeks and couldn't chip to save my life until I spent a good few hours on the putting green again. Right after that, two chip-ins from the fringe.

Old
07-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
The last three times I went out I shot 11-over for nine holes. How honest are they? Well I took a mulligan twice in that span and didn't count an OOB a couple times. I also play from forward tees too. Honestly I know I'm not good so I'm not going to try and kill myself on the score sheet right now.

Basically I feel like I'm still learning how to play well enough to start to PLAY. If that makes sense. I haven't played 18 yet and once I start doing so, then I'll keep a stricter score.

I'm still learning to hit my shots relatively straight. I still can't use a driver at all because I slice or top it so badly. The 3 wood isn't much better and after sending a ball into traffic, that's going away as well.

The two good things I've done lately are working on my chipping and being able to establish yardages with my short irons and wedges. Getting my 58* wedge was huge for me since it has the right loft and bounce for my chipping style, and that's brought my scores down big time. As for yardages, my swing is now straight enough most of the time that I can notice a 10-15 yard gap between irons.

At the start of the year, I played with:

4 & 6 hybrids
8 & PW irons
56* wedge
Putter

Now I'm playing with:

5 hybrid
7, 8, 9, PW, AW irons
54* & 58* wedges
Putter

I've found that the 5 hybrid can get me out about 175-180 which is certainly playable and for the most part stay in the fairway. It's usable off the tee for the shorter courses I've played yet can still obviously play off the turf. And my misses don't go so far out that it gets me in trouble.

At worst, I have to use an extra club to get to the green. Instead of driving 250-ish and then hitting a wedge from say 50-75 yards, I'll hit the 5 and an iron and I'm either on the green or just off, and because I'm practicing my chipping so much, I'm getting up and down sometimes or at least two-putting regularly.

I actually chipped in from the fringe twice last week! That helped bring my score down, although I had a pair of snowmen which sucked pretty badly.

I agree on punching out, and that's what cost me twice. I tried to get through the woods on one hole and ended up hitting it THREE TIMES just to get back to the fairway. Or the first hole where I hit into the woods then hit a tree. BUT, I had a beautiful hybrid shot from the woods to about 40 feet out on another hole. Got lucky.

As for my plan, I'm just going to keep focused on short game and shots from 150 yards and in. Try to keep the ball flight straight and at some point I need to work on my aiming as I will often hit straight pushes or pulls. I don't think I'm going to touch a driver or wood the rest of the year but would like to get my 3 hybrid consistent on the range. I can hit that about 200-210 with roll when it's going well, but of course the lower the loft, the more I'm likely to slice, and the worse that slice gets.

Sorry, fellas, my intention was not to come across as a *****. I am not that good and I know I will never be a scratch golfer. However, in my experience, I always run into people telling me how good they are and then when I play with them, I find out differently. I don't care how good one is or is not, just get frustrated with people exaggerating.

Sounds like you are definitely improving and know your strengths/weaknesses. Hope you continue to enjoy it and maybe can find a groupon or livingsocial deal for some lessons (based on our previous discussion).

Old
07-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Sorry, fellas, my intention was not to come across as a *****. I am not that good and I know I will never be a scratch golfer. However, in my experience, I always run into people telling me how good they are and then when I play with them, I find out differently. I don't care how good one is or is not, just get frustrated with people exaggerating.

Sounds like you are definitely improving and know your strengths/weaknesses. Hope you continue to enjoy it and maybe can find a groupon or livingsocial deal for some lessons (based on our previous discussion).
Meh. I'm a 6.5 handicap and thats okay with me.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Nah, I know what you're saying. I completely agree. I don't consider myself a golfer yet and haven't tried to establish a handicap. Right now I'm learning on the golf course. But there's an honor to the game.

Also, if you're giving yourself mulligans and not scoring penalty shots, how do you know if you're legitimately improving? You could be dropping 5-10 strokes but not see it because you were hitting a second ball before.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
I've had one putter and one putter only. Technology really doesn't change much for putters over the years, so there really isn't a point in switching.

The greatest golf coach in the world says you should swing about 100 times a day. And you don't even have to hit a ball. If you can, get one of those momentus swing trainers. Its a heavy club that has the handle formed to what your grip should be. I've practiced with that a lot over the years and have never had a grip problem.

Most people don't realize that two 5 irons or 6 irons will do the same thing as driver - pitching wedge. I can go to a course around here with just a 4-7-SW and putter and shoot in the 70's, but since its at the average point for slope, I don't really count it.

When hitting the driver, you just have to forget about hitting the ball hard and put a good swing on it. The technology does the rest of it pretty well. Even with most clubs, you should do this, but especially the driver.

As for short game stuff, if you have a yard or a park around you, just take a frisbee and whatever you use to pitch and a few balls. Then just throw the frisbee and hit to it. Now that I don't have a yard to do this, my short game has stagnated, but if I'm anywhere around the green, I know I can get it within 5 feet to save par. Also, a surprising amount of people don't know when to pitch or chip. I think its fairly self explanatory and I'm sure you get it.

There are plenty of reasons you could be pushing the ball, but I'm not a coach, nor do I try to be, and I don't know what your swing looks like. I'm just saying what works for me.

Thanks for the insight. I think I need to spend more time on the range and chipping/putting than I have been. I have just been playing once a week with little to no range/putting/chipping.

Even though this probably does not tell you enough but I had a natural draw which turned into a wicked hook if I swung too hard. I would get the baseball swing going sometimes as well. So, along with the grip change, I was told to make sure I keep my elbow in. I am so focused on that now...the swing feels different, and the ball is pushed right. My uneducated opinion is that I am simply opening the club face too much trying to control my right elbow.

Quote:
Funny...

When I was a kid I used an Anser type knockoff and was a decent putter. Then spent all my allowance and savings on an Odyssey mallet. Never liked it.

Last year I got a Yes! Anser style and LOVED the thing, but after a few bad rounds this year curiosity got the better of me and I traded in my old Odyssey plus $25 for a TM Ghost Spider. I got it dirt cheap because the white paint was chipped up and it looked nasty, but this was a $150 putter last year! Who cares!

So far, the alignment and high MOI has really helped me, along with using alignment aids on the ball. I'm pretty decent at reading greens so I just point the ball line towards where I want to hit, then line up the lines on putter, and then just have to work on a smooth stroke. I try and let my brain figure out how hard to hit it (i.e. subconsciously) but I do tend to accelerate or deccelerate a bit too much.

Still, I'm having a lot more success this year with it and l feel like I'm not getting lucky but actually putting well.

As for chipping, I tried a lot of things, including bump and run. I know it's supposed to be the greatest old school thing ever, but my irons are SUPER hot on the face and I have no control over the ball. I actually picked up a cheap set of 52/56/60 wedges and spent hours on the practice greens and learned that I like more loft and less bounce.

For some dumb reason, I'm a really good picker/sweeper of the ball and like to fly it to the hole and then let it run the last little bit. With too little loft, I'm trying to hit it to the hole and then it runs way past. With too much bounce, I end up de-lofting so much that I get too much run, or else I will skull the ball a lot.

I kind of do a little hinge-and-hold stuff, but really it's mostly a smooth putting stroke and practicing a TON to get good contact. I didn't practice for a couple weeks and couldn't chip to save my life until I spent a good few hours on the putting green again. Right after that, two chip-ins from the fringe.

I picked up one of those $30 blades from Giga and love it. I believe I two putted for 15 or 16 of the holes the last few rounds. I feel like I have some touch now - just need to work on my line sometimes as I can push it left. But, for now, I am happy because it is a noticeable improvement.

I also finally have gotten some confidence in my bunker play...used to always pick it but now I am using a full swing and hitting an inch or two behind the ball (near green of course).

Long story short...I am seeing things improve while some of the changes to my irons and driver are taking a step or two back. But, as VS stated, it seems to be normal.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Meh. I'm a 6.5 handicap and thats okay with me.
I would be very happy with that. My goal is to get to 10-13 range hopefully. Thinking 16-18 by end of this year.

I also do not play super difficult courses either. Play public courses in Louisville and the suburb courses in MN (Sawmill, Goodrich, Viking Meadow, Manitou, etc.)

Old
07-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Thanks for the insight. I think I need to spend more time on the range and chipping/putting than I have been. I have just been playing once a week with little to no range/putting/chipping.

Even though this probably does not tell you enough but I had a natural draw which turned into a wicked hook if I swung too hard. I would get the baseball swing going sometimes as well. So, along with the grip change, I was told to make sure I keep my elbow in. I am so focused on that now...the swing feels different, and the ball is pushed right. My uneducated opinion is that I am simply opening the club face too much trying to control my right elbow.

I picked up one of those $30 blades from Giga and love it. I believe I two putted for 15 or 16 of the holes the last few rounds. I feel like I have some touch now - just need to work on my line sometimes as I can push it left. But, for now, I am happy because it is a noticeable improvement.

I also finally have gotten some confidence in my bunker play...used to always pick it but now I am using a full swing and hitting an inch or two behind the ball (near green of course).

Long story short...I am seeing things improve while some of the changes to my irons and driver are taking a step or two back. But, as VS stated, it seems to be normal.
If you want to work on that elbow, a lot of pros say to put a towel in your armpit and swing. It shouldn't fall out of there.

Also, I keep track of my putts on the course to see how I'm putting, if you don't do that already, it might help. putting is where the most strokes can be added or lost.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:10 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
You're looking at the current #1 on the list of "Best Hourly Parties"!

I have so many people I'd like to thank...
Hope I'm one of them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Got ~17 miles in today. Feels good.
Nice!

Quote:
Really good friend separating from his wife this week. Just feel terrible for him. Married 10+ years with four kids. Breaking up with my kid's mom was hard but I can't begin to imagine that. I always thought their was the strongest relationship of anyone I knew.
That stinks. Two of my good friends are having a kid today so like to think that evens things out in the world.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
07-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

He was the first of my friends to get married and have kids. One of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. Not a mean bone in his body. He works 60+ hours a week as a plumber to feed the family. Just...terrible.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
If you want to work on that elbow, a lot of pros say to put a towel in your armpit and swing. It shouldn't fall out of there.

Also, I keep track of my putts on the course to see how I'm putting, if you don't do that already, it might help. putting is where the most strokes can be added or lost.
Will definitely try that. Thanks.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah connection is huge. I have a tendency for the elbow to fly and separate, and that's when things go to hell. Last time out I had to focus on keeping that arms (i.e. above the elbow) with the body and have more rotation with the hips and shoulders. Works when I remember it.

Closed Thread