Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2013, 03:39 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
Have you liked the new Futuramas? Personally, they've been missing that... Spark that the show had in it's initial run.
I feel like the last couple years of Futurama has seen higher highs (some of the best episodes of the entire series) mixed with lower lows. There isn't the same consistency that made the last year of the original run one of the better seasons in animated TV.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
07-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

I've normally liked American Dad and hated Family Guy. Futurama is incredible. Archer that much better.

I also admit the Cleveland Show is funny sometimes

Old
07-17-2013, 06:38 PM
tyratoku

I had to bust out some NHL knowledge at work today and feel bad about it.

I was talking to some kids about hockey, just bsing about favorite teams, who sucks, and so on(we all agreed that Edmonton and Calgary blow ), but then another teacher(worker lady, same position as me), comes up and goes:

Her: "Oh, hockey? The Wild are going to suck this year."
Me: "Why?"
Her: "Did you see the draft? We drafted bad people and traded away our best defender and our best offensive guy."
Me: "Who? Clutterbuck?"
Her: "Yes! He was our best guy!"
Me: "Um no. He's just our big-hitting guy."
Her: "And that's what hockey is! We're going to suck without him! Lots of people need to be fired for that."
Me: "He was good for 25 points a season. Not even that good."
Her: "That's like, really high though."
Me: "We have Zack Parise and Mikko Koivu, who are both good for 70-80 points this season."
Her: "Who's Koivu? He sounds terrible."

At that point I just said "he's really good" and walked away. I was a bit ticked off that she would try to out-hockey-knowledge me(Aww **** yeah look at me I'm a bad***), but then I felt terrible about trying to belittle her. She's a nice girl but not all that smart when it comes to sports in general.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
Which one do you guys like better, Family Guy or American Dad?

I can't really make up my mind. They're both great.
I need to catch up on both. Also, futurama, adventure time, south park, venture brothers, and sometimes ATHF, as well as anything else that is random and off the wall without being over the top in toilet humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post

I was talking to some kids about hockey, just bsing about favorite teams, who sucks, and so on(we all agreed that Edmonton and Calgary blow ), but then another teacher(worker lady, same position as me), comes up and goes:

Her: "Did you see the draft? We drafted bad people and traded away our best defender and our best offensive guy."
Her: "And that's what hockey is! We're going to suck without him! Lots of people need to be fired for that."
Me: "We have Zack Parise and Mikko Koivu, who are both good for 70-80 points this season."

At that point I just said "he's really good" and walked away. I was a bit ticked off that she would try to out-hockey-knowledge me(Aww **** yeah look at me I'm a bad***), but then I felt terrible about trying to belittle her. She's a nice girl but not all that smart when it comes to sports in general.
I think you may have lost hockey IQ by talking to this gentleman.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:37 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I need to catch up on both. Also, futurama, adventure time, south park, venture brothers, and sometimes ATHF, as well as anything else that is random and off the wall without being over the top in toilet humor.

It was a woman....

Old
07-17-2013, 07:38 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post

I agree.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:46 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:

Ha. I wonder if she saw the draft Well... if GMCF gets fired, we know who to contact to.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Haite
x

Quote:
Zack Parise
Shows how much you know.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
Shows how much you know.
Hahaha

i laugh becuz zach

Old
07-17-2013, 08:06 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
Shows how much you know.
Honestly, I typed Zach at first and then stopped, thinking it was Zach Phillips and Zack Parise.

Obviously I was and am wrong

Old
07-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
It was a woman....
My bad. I only skimmed it.

But my point remains valid.

Old
07-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Thats what its like talking hockey with anyone down here.

Old
07-17-2013, 09:15 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Spotify is pretty ****ing awesome. had a disastrous data loss of both my main network drive and my backup with all of my iTunes on it...I was somewhere in the midst of organizing from scratch what was on the iPod so not even 2% of my library was on there yet. Pandora has been serving me alright for the time being but when you want to listen to a whole Sigur Ros album on a run you're kinda ****ed. $10/mo for Spotifies library, random add-free radio ability (i like random most of the time), AND the ability to both download playlists and listen to whole albums/catalogs is much much better than apple and their hundred****ingmillion updates. **** iTunes.

i'm going to say that yes, Apple is/was hugely important as an innovator and shaper-of-direction but top end android phones are soooo much better than iPhones, and now Spotify (as long as it's model can last...not sure about the longevity here) comes off as a far more practical way to listen to music for me, as someone who is listening to music nearly constantly and who prizes nothing more than variety, and someone who has gone through four HD/iTunes library failures. **** that.
Sadies--Handsome Family--Alex Chilton--Replacements. <3

Old
07-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Spotify premium is awesome. So glad I started using it.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Whats the difference between premium and non? Is non like Pandora?

Old
07-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Spotify is pretty ****ing awesome. had a disastrous data loss of both my main network drive and my backup with all of my iTunes on it...I was somewhere in the midst of organizing from scratch what was on the iPod so not even 2% of my library was on there yet. Pandora has been serving me alright for the time being but when you want to listen to a whole Sigur Ros album on a run you're kinda ****ed. $10/mo for Spotifies library, random add-free radio ability (i like random most of the time), AND the ability to both download playlists and listen to whole albums/catalogs is much much better than apple and their hundred****ingmillion updates. **** iTunes.

i'm going to say that yes, Apple is/was hugely important as an innovator and shaper-of-direction but top end android phones are soooo much better than iPhones, and now Spotify (as long as it's model can last...not sure about the longevity here) comes off as a far more practical way to listen to music for me, as someone who is listening to music nearly constantly and who prizes nothing more than variety, and someone who has gone through four HD/iTunes library failures. **** that.
Sadies--Handsome Family--Alex Chilton--Replacements. <3
I don't even want to discuss most of those points, but you do know that you can re-download 99.9% of music purchases on iTunes, right?

Old
07-17-2013, 10:03 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

yeah non is like pandora...adverts. but spotify's library is much much larger.

premium you can DL 3333 songs at a time for offline listening (but you have to play them within a spotify client or use a hack) make and organize playlists, play whole albums, etc with no ads.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Whats the difference between premium and non? Is non like Pandora?
Kinda. Non Premium is free to use on your computer and phone. There are ads though and you can only use the radio feature on your phone. Then on premium you can 'download' all the music you want to your computer and phone. No ads, and you can also download it to your phone so you can listen to the music even if you don't have an internet connection. Really cool.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:08 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
I don't even want to discuss most of those points, but you do know that you can re-download 99.9% of music purchases on iTunes, right?
i do, and i've done it multiple times already. stopped buying music a while ago but it really irks me that about 7000 CDs (yes, CDs--non iTunes purchases) went goodbye this time along with everything else. iTunes of late had been mostly for loading an iPod for car/camping trips and DLing/organizing podcasts. most new music i got was from daily freebies i had no control over. constantly want new music so...what's the point in rebuilding iTunes? putting up with the ******* daily updates has always been annoying. there really is no reason (for me) to deal with iTunes at all anymore other than the apps store for the iPad (which i love, btw). movies are done better elsewhere, music is done better elsewhere. cloud is awesome. if i were synching a bunch of apple products i could see the point but i'm not.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Wow. That sounds like a ****ing deal compared to iTunes. Hypothetical scenario, could you pay for a month, download a bunch of songs and discontinue service? Seems easier since there are times of the year no new songs or music comes out that aren't interesting.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:12 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Wow. That sounds like a ****ing deal compared to iTunes. Hypothetical scenario, could you pay for a month, download a bunch of songs and discontinue service? Seems easier since there are times of the year no new songs or music comes out that aren't interesting.
no, the songs have to be played within a Spotify client. I'm sure there are hacks out there though. it's only $10/mo so why bother.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

So, once you stop paying there goes all the downloads?

I'm just thinking about if I run out, can I still use it

Old
07-17-2013, 11:06 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
So, once you stop paying there goes all the downloads?

I'm just thinking about if I run out, can I still use it
nope...the whole thing is subsidized by subscription fees (or Ads if you go for the Free version). at least I don't think you can still use the songs if your Premium subscription lapses...not sure how'd they'd be able to tell as long as you set Spotify not to connect automatically whenever you're networked.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:14 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I went to hospital today, clean bill of health, checkup again in 2 years.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:18 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Do Canadians have mandatory check ups?

Closed Thread