Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Derek Roy

07-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet
vCash: 50
He's a small diving centreman who can produce at a good clip

He needs to be surrounded by toughmess to be at his best

I wouldn't want him in Ottawa now that we have Ryan

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
07-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name
vCash: 50
Weiss got a 4.9 AAV. Same age as him. Do you rate Roy better/worse/on par with Weiss?

Roy could get 4.5 to 5 on the market on a 4-5 year deal IMO. Could see a team reach and give him 5.5

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
07-05-2013, 05:00 PM
vCash: 500
In Buffalo, Roy spent his best years with Vanek on his wing. The last year here where he didn't produce he spent most of his time on the second line while Vanek and Pominville played together on the 1st line with a rotating wheel at center. Naturally when this happened Pominville jumped back to a point per game player while Roy struggled.

He could fit as a first line center with the right pairing, you'd Ideally want a scorer on one wing and big bodied power forward on the other. I wouldn't want him in a place where he doesn't have legit top 6 wingers to work with though.

I can only speak of his time with buffalo, but he was always passable on the draw and decent at getting back in his own end. Also got lots of time in every situation and got a lot of PK time. You might be comfortable at him at 3.5 but he'll never sign for that little. Someone will give him $4.55-5 mil over 3-4 years with how little is left at center.

VegasSabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote