HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabovski bought out

Old
07-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Cyborg Yzerberg
Sitting on a Cloud

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudetheturtle View Post
How likely is a Bobby Ryan trade?
It's an Eklund rumor. If it's not pertaining to the Flyers, his rumors are not worth a grain of salt.

Cyborg Yzerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Cyborg Yzerberg
Sitting on a Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
If Jarnkrok isn't ready for 2C 3 years from now, he won't ever be. I definitely think he's the guy they have in mind, and with some luck he'll be ready for the role by then.
And if he is, you relocate Lecavalier down a line. Not a problem. Flyers fans speculate Lecavalier will play second line center until Schenn or Couturier are ready, by which time he will fall down a line. Similar scenario here.

Old
07-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Petes2424

vCash: 500
Quote:
How likely is a Bobby Ryan trade?
About a big zero. The great thing though, if they did move him, the Wings have the assets to make it happen. Not sure if we could've said that a couple years ago.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 01:18 AM
SportsballChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
Wow,really? Greg Stefan? Just when I was starting to like you, you go and rip Ozzie like that. I hope you get packaged in whatever deal we put together to get rid of Holland and then Cleary signs an 8 year deal with that team. I hate you with the power of 1000 suns right now.
Okay, he was a little better than Greg Stefan.

That having been said, do you really think it's a coincidence that "Meltdown Manny" Legace put up ridiculously good numbers as a Wings goalie as well? I mean we both KNOW Manny wasn't any good right? You'd never know it if you just looked at his record tho.

For the record, I do actually believe Ozzie belongs in the Hall... but not now, a long time from now after generational talents from his same era have already gotten in.

*shrug*

SportsballChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 01:19 AM
snailderby

Re Grabovski's comments: So he didn't like how Carlyle used him. That's perfectly understandable. Did he still play hard and do a good job playing a mostly defensive role on the 3rd or 4th line, despite his unhappiness with his usage?

snailderby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 01:19 AM
Cyborg Yzerberg
Sitting on a Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
I really hope so because I'm a huge Jarnkrok fan, I just expect him to get the couple-of-years-as-a-3rd-liner-then-maybe-some-time-on-a-top-6-wing routine that has happened to the likes of Franzen, Hudler, Flip, even Z/ D did their time, etc. 3 years from Europe -> top 6 C in the NHL is scary fast progress in Detroit Red Wings world.
I think that's fairly apt, Eternal Sunshine. Lecavalier would have also provided essential leadership and experience to the team. A locker room of leaders has always lead to a tradition of success for this franchise. My expectations for Jarnkrok, however, remain fairly high.

Last edited by Cyborg Yzerberg: 07-05-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old
07-05-2013, 01:28 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Re Grabovski's comments: So he didn't like how Carlyle used him. That's perfectly understandable. Did he still play hard and do a good job playing a mostly defensive role on the 3rd or 4th line, despite his unhappiness with his usage?
The Grabovski apologists will say he did but the answer is he sulked and in numerous games he was stapled to the bench. That's where I stopped being a fan of his. The comments today just cemented my opinion.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 01:32 AM
Syckle78

vCash: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsballChic View Post
Okay, he was a little better than Greg Stefan.

That having been said, do you really think it's a coincidence that "Meltdown Manny" Legace put up ridiculously good numbers as a Wings goalie as well? I mean we both KNOW Manny wasn't any good right? You'd never know it if you just looked at his record tho.

For the record, I do actually believe Ozzie belongs in the Hall... but not now, a long time from now after generational talents from his same era have already gotten in.

*shrug*
I'm not hung up on the hall thing. He is borderline at best. I just hate when when fans,especially Wings fans,talk about him as if he was a barely above replacement player. He wasn't just a product of stacked all time great teams. He wasn't flashy,he didn't have a sick mask and got a lot of undeserved flack because that's what happens in Detroit, blame the goalie. I'm just a big goalie fanndefending my boy. I always seem to have the goalie's back from the days of getting into a fight on the playground defending Timmy Cheveldae till now.

Syckle78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 01:38 AM
SportsballChic

Quote:
I'm not hung up on the hall thing. He is borderline at best. I just hate when when fans,especially Wings fans,talk about him as if he was a barely above replacement player. He wasn't just a product of stacked all time great teams. He wasn't flashy,he didn't have a sick mask and got a lot of undeserved flack because that's what happens in Detroit, blame the goalie. I'm just a big goalie fanndefending my boy. I always seem to have the goalie's back from the days of getting into a fight on the playground defending Timmy Cheveldae till now.
You do realize you're talking to the girl who was slinging Dryden/Tony O highlights around here huh? #GoalieFetish

Edit: Also Tim got a bum rap; he was a very good goalie for a team that didn't play defense.

SportsballChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
Not signing players in fear of what prospects may or may not contribute is not a good recipe for success. Besides, in this particular scenario, I'd rather take the chance at Lecavalier while Datsyuk and Zetterberg are performing optimally. It shows a commitment to winning which is a vibe I haven't received from management in recent seasons. I understand we have one of the best prospect pools in the NHL, but Zetterberg and Datsyuk are not getting younger. I'm not suggesting we mortgage the future of our franchise, but signing VL4 would have made our team much better in the next 2 seasons.
I don't know if you are agreeing with me or if you misread my post / my post was unclear, but we both have the same line of thinking and are in agreement on this topic.

Quote:
I think that's fairly apt, Eternal Sunshine. Lecavalier would have also provided essential leadership and experience to the team. A locker room of leaders has always lead to a tradition of success for this franchise. My expectations for Jarnkrok, however, remain fairly high.
Yeah, exactly.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:24 AM
Cyborg Yzerberg
Sitting on a Cloud

Quote:
I don't know if you are agreeing with me or if you misread my post / my post was unclear, but we both have the same line of thinking and are in agreement on this topic.

Yeah, exactly.
I was agreeing with you, it was my mistake for not being more clear and concise. I was trying to reinforce your post.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:39 AM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
I was agreeing with you, it was my mistake for not being more clear and concise. I was trying to reinforce your post.
We should run for office together.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Cyborg Yzerberg
Sitting on a Cloud

Quote:
We should run for office together.
The best ticket since Tippecanoe and Tyler too. Maybe we can restore a pulse to the front office of the Detroit Red Wings.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:53 AM
Syckle78

I would get SportsBallChic to be your campaign manager. She's doing a hell of a job with the GDT voting. Maybe Bench can write a jingle and Flashy can can make posters. Me and the rest of the anti-holland crew will post up outside voting booths strong arming votes.

Old
07-05-2013, 03:06 AM
Cyborg Yzerberg
Sitting on a Cloud

Quote:
I would get SportsBallChic to be your campaign manager. She's doing a hell of a job with the GDT voting. Maybe Bench can write a jingle and Flashy can can make posters. Me and the rest of the anti-holland crew will post up outside voting booths strong arming votes.
"Ask not what the Detroit Red Wings can do for Ken Holland. Ask what Ken Holland can do for the Detroit Red Wings."

Old
07-05-2013, 04:41 AM
sommervr

Leaf fan here. Sign this guy and play him top six.

sommervr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 05:11 AM
ricky0034

vCash: 257
too bad about those comments really,i'll be pretty surprised if the Wings pursue him all that seriously after that

I still want him but the Wings are incredibly stubborn about things like that

Toronto is gonna give Weiss gobs of money now too with Grabovski gone

Wings are gonna end up with someone like Cullen at best if they get anyone at all

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Syckle78

Quote:
"Ask not what the Detroit Red Wings can do for Ken Holland. Ask what Ken Holland can do for the Detroit Red Wings."
Lol Nice. Just don't promise an Abdelkader on every line and a Clearly in each power play unit.

Old
07-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Chance on Chance

Quote:

Yeah, exactly.
isnt the old saying "A bird in the hand is worth more then 2 in the bush" Vinny could have been our bird in hand

Chance on Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Tomas W

Grabovski? When we have Cleary pfff

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:15 AM
BF3
Boom Roasted.

Wings can't be afraid to sign a guy that rips his former coach, who everyone agrees misused him, after being bought out of a his contract. Can't just sign boy scouts.

4 years, $4.5MM would be great. Holland is probably going to go for 3 years, $5MM.

BF3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Paris in Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
too bad about those comments really,i'll be pretty surprised if the Wings pursue him all that seriously after that

I still want him but the Wings are incredibly stubborn about things like that

Toronto is gonna give Weiss gobs of money now too with Grabovski gone

Wings are gonna end up with someone like Cullen at best if they get anyone at all
You guys don't want passion?

Paris in Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:25 AM
ricky0034

vCash: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
You guys don't want passion?
Wings management? nah they tend to get pretty pissed off if you aren't a robot in public

I hope i'm wrong,but I just don't see a Grabovski signing happening

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Sports View Post
resign brunner,nyquist , smith

sign grabo

all smiles tomorrow
I would be really happy with that.

Would also like one more signing for a right handed Top 6 out of the FA.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:54 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1 min
Educated guess on likely landing spots for Grabovski include, Anaheim, Tampa Bay and St Louis. Fun day ahead. #TSN

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote