HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens cut 4

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 08:27 AM
shooter11

vCash: 500
Sens cut 4

With Zanon, Hedlund and Smrek all released today(sent to Bingo) along with goalie Billy Thompson, does that mean after the big 8 only Brookbank is still in camp? Thoughts on Brookbank being the first call-up if needed. Oh I guess Vauclair is still in camp anyways I think Brookbank will see some time in the show this season.

Old
09-29-2003, 08:49 AM
yintin

Brookbank

Did you see that pass Brookbank made on Sat.? I thought, when I saw the highlight, that it was Redden or Phillips! I mean, it was perfect tape to tape and resulted in Schastlivy's goal.
He also is physically intimidating....has fought Domi and now Belak. He is decent on most levels. Reminds me of Hnidy....but bigger and meaner.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:27 AM
Hossa

I'm still quite surprised to see Smrek cut. I know our defence is set, but I'm very surprised that Vauclair and Brookbank have lasted longer.

As for Broobank, the guy reminds me of Sean O'Donnell. Not necessarily as good, but very similar player.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
I'm still quite surprised to see Smrek cut. I know our defence is set, but I'm very surprised that Vauclair and Brookbank have lasted longer.
Well remember that Platil was sent down after the first day, and we're all expecting him to start in Bingo. Similarly a lot of these cuts are to players who we all agree have no shot at making Ottawa's roster (so they're best served by getting to Binghamton ASAP).

I think that the organization wants to have a look at some of these bubble players to see if they are worth retaining at all, given the pileup that's starting to occur in Binghamton.

Other Dave

Old
09-29-2003, 11:01 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Dave
I think that the organization wants to have a look at some of these bubble players to see if they are worth retaining at all, given the pileup that's starting to occur in Binghamton.

Other Dave
It's a good thing that Melnyk arrived when he did. If we were under our old salary budget, we probably wouldn't even be able to deal our players for prospects, since we wouldn't have any place for them to play. We'd be trading guys like Bonk for a first rounder in 2007.

Old
09-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Skrymir

I don't think you'll see many cuts until next Monday considering the crazy schedule the sens are playing. It' something like 5 games in 6 nights starting tommorow night, just brutal. I think they'll keep most of whose left, up for the stretch so the regulars won't get too worn out, and subsequently injured.

Closed Thread