HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
I'm starting to get the feeling bergy is ******** his pants as GM, he's terrified to make a bold move all of his moves have been safe bets
This feeling is based off what, exactly?

You are aware that there are other teams out there that want Clifford just as much, if not more, than Bergevin. Unless you know for a fact that Bergevin is the only GM that is interested and has declined any interest, put this "feeling" out if it's misery, Old Yeller style.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
07-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Et le But

We need to make more trades for the sake of making trades!

Old
07-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Bergy is scared and hesitant. The guy will only make the perfect trade, otherwise forget it. He is scared to look bad. Not a risk taker.

So far, in his 15 months as GM, we have the Cole - Ryder - Briere merry go round along with the Prust signing under his name.

That's it. Oh yeah, and hiring lots of his friends.
Also making the move to keep Gallagher and Galchenyuk with the team from the start of the season.

Or are we concentrating on the negatives? This board doesn't do that enough...

Old
07-17-2013, 12:05 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Su-Su-SuperFriends

Quote:
Bergy is scared and hesitant. The guy will only make the perfect trade, otherwise forget it. He is scared to look bad. Not a risk taker.

So far, in his 15 months as GM, we have the Cole - Ryder - Briere merry go round along with the Prust signing under his name.

Right...oh, and let's not forget building one of the strongest prospect bases in the NHL all the while remaining a competitive team in the toughest division in hockey...God, I hate our fan base sometimes...

Old
07-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Also making the move to keep Gallagher and Galchenyuk with the team from the start of the season.

Everyone knew they would make the team out of camp he didn't take a risk and they panned out they deserved their shots it wasn't his executive decision that meant they merited a roster spot... And last time I checked we can voice wtv opinions we want, just cause they aren't in line with yours doesn't make them wrong. I'm incredibly happy with the habs future and can't wait to see the future team take the ice but a guy like Clifford is severely lacking in the prospect pool/on the list of young players we have. Did bergy inquire maybe he did but I refuse to believe he was told "nope absolutely not" sometimes you have to give to get but he seems like he's afraid to give... All he's traded so far is an aging Cole that the whole city was begging to get rid of, a 5th round pick, a 7th round pick and a guy with no real NHL future in Lefebrve. I'm not saying I want him to trade everyone, but he seems hesitant to give up anything at all.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Right...oh, and let's not forget building one of the strongest prospect bases in the NHL all the while remaining a competitive team in the toughest division in hockey...God, I hate our fan base sometimes...
Okay come on Bergy built the prospect base? Who are you kidding!!! This was the first draft he really worked on, last years was pretty evident who should have been taken where, and the whole rest of the prospect base was already there!!

Old
07-17-2013, 12:16 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I'm starting to get the feeling bergy is ******** his pants as GM, he's terrified to make a bold move all of his moves have been safe bets
Briere wasn't a bold move? Trying to sign Lecave wasn't a bold move?

Old
07-17-2013, 12:20 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Jarred Boll please !

Old
07-17-2013, 12:20 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Not asking for miracles, but so far he is living off Gauthier's work. Not exactly a shining record so far. Last season's 48 game sked was an anomaly. It needs to be thrown out.

What has he really done? We need to get bigger, he keeps saying it, but keeps making us smaller. Right now, he is no more than a care taker.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:21 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Briere wasn't a bold move? Trying to sign Lecave wasn't a bold move?
He never wanted Lecav. Quit blaming Vinnie for that mess. MB offered him half the money and then he goes elsewhere. I would too.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:22 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Everyone knew they would make the team out of camp he didn't take a risk and they panned out they deserved their shots it wasn't his executive decision that meant they merited a roster spot... And last time I checked we can voice wtv opinions we want, just cause they aren't in line with yours doesn't make them wrong. I'm incredibly happy with the habs future and can't wait to see the future team take the ice but a guy like Clifford is severely lacking in the prospect pool/on the list of young players we have. Did bergy inquire maybe he did but I refuse to believe he was told "nope absolutely not" sometimes you have to give to get but he seems like he's afraid to give... All he's traded so far is an aging Cole that the whole city was begging to get rid of, a 5th round pick, a 7th round pick and a guy with no real NHL future in Lefebrve. I'm not saying I want him to trade everyone, but he seems hesitant to give up anything at all.

No. Especially not Gallagher. It came as a surprise to everyone here or almost.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 View Post
Jarred Boll please !
Not this season.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Gally11

He's stated several times he's building through the draft and has been drafting accordingly.. Last year was all BPA this year was a mix of BPA and need.. There's no point in trading assets right now until we're ready to be competing for cup. Clifford would be a nice addition but until we see the price on him no use bashing MB

Old
07-17-2013, 12:25 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
He never wanted Lecav. Quit blaming Vinnie for that mess. MB offered him half the money and then he goes elsewhere. I would too.
Oh yeah, where's your proof? Far more sources have claimed the opposite. You're just grasping at straws, now.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:28 PM
HatTricK09

Bergevin tried to trade up at the draft for a top 10 pick or something.
They said the price was high and they were prepared to pay for it but in the end, no one was willing to trade with them.

I heard that in an interview with TT during the draft.

Bergevin isn't afraid of making moves.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:30 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Oh yeah, where's your proof? Far more sources have claimed the opposite. You're just grasping at straws, now.
Well reported that he offered him a lot less money. It was a take it and show your Quebecois colors or leave it offer. Vinnie's agent even menitoned that MB wanted him to wait so that he could figure things out cap wise. Who the hell leaves money on the table while some other dude twiddles his thumb.

It was plain as sight that MB never wanted him, or wanted him at such a discount that no player would ever say yes to.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:31 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
Bergevin tried to trade up at the draft for a top 10 pick or something.
They said the price was high and they were prepared to pay for it but in the end, no one was willing to trade with them.

I heard that in an interview with TT during the draft.

Bergevin isn't afraid of making moves.
But moves are not being made. If he can't close deals or pull the trigger than why is he there?

Another thing I notice is that he is increasingly irritated at his press briefings. What's going on in the background? GM's not playing ball with him?

Old
07-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
He's stated several times he's building through the draft and has been drafting accordingly.. Last year was all BPA this year was a mix of BPA and need.. There's no point in trading assets right now until we're ready to be competing for cup. Clifford would be a nice addition but until we see the price on him no use bashing MB
Exactly!

People on here act like MB is the equivalent of Dr.Evil and they are Seth Green imploring him to do the obvious.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post

C'mon bro, anybody with intelligence would have make that decision. And that decision is more on Therrien than on MB.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:34 PM
HatTricK09

You can't blame him for not being able to find a dance partner when he's already willing to overpay.

And when he actually does make a move after making such an overpayment that the other GM couldn't refuse, he'll get crapped on.

There's just no way to win here

Old
07-17-2013, 12:35 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Also in those 15 months you neglected to mention that the team he manages finished 4th in the league, won its division, and saw him nominated for GM of the year. In his first year on the job.

But I swear, finishing high last year was the worst thing that could have happened for this impatient fanbase. Now everybody thinks we're Chicago or Boston where we're "ONE BIG TRADE" away from the Cup, instead of a young team still in a rebuilding phase with some work to be done yet.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
But moves are not being made. If he can't close deals or pull the trigger than why is he there?

Another thing I notice is that he is increasingly irritated at his press briefings. What's going on in the background? GM's not playing ball with him?
He is probably tired of dealing with people who don't have a clue.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:36 PM
The Nightman

Quote:
Well reported that he offered him a lot less money. It was a take it and show your Quebecois colors or leave it offer. Vinnie's agent even menitoned that MB wanted him to wait so that he could figure things out cap wise. Who the hell leaves money on the table while some other dude twiddles his thumb.

It was plain as sight that MB never wanted him, or wanted him at such a discount that no player would ever say yes to.
Yes, because you know everything that goes on behind the scenes.

Please M'lord bless me with more of your wisdom.

Old
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Not this season.
Hell yeah this season...now is as good a time as any.

Only problem is they dont need a center. With Anisimov and Dubinsky. Was hoping Deharnais would be attractive to them.

Trade for him now and sign him. He is making 1 mill this year.
If you wait for FA, he is sitting in TO.

Old
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

Didn't renaud lavoie, the most reputable insider when it comes to quebecois players, report that it wasn't money or term that made the difference, but external factors?

All signs point to vinny not wanting the pressure of Montreal. We've all accepted this. Trying to dig it all back up to slam bergevin isn't going to get us anywhere. There are plenty of other moves that we can be sure actually happened that you can bash.

Closed Thread