HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

James Mirtle: "lots of teams trying to shed money"

Old
07-03-2013, 04:40 PM
caley

vCash: 500
James Mirtle: "lots of teams trying to shed money"

per James Mirtle
Quote:
Pretty quiet on free agency front - many teams not in huge hurry to act during new window. Keep hearing "lot of teams trying to shed money."
Teams you'd have to think are trying to shed money:
-Boston: If they're talking to Daniel Alfredsson, and possibly Jaromir Jagr, they made need to shed money. Movable players could be Rich Peverley, Chris Kelly or Johnny Boychuk.

-Chicago: Especially as they're in ongoing discussions with Nick Leddy and Ray Emery, and are rumored to also want to bring back Michal Rozisval. I'd guess someone like Sheldon Brookbank could be had for a song.

-Detroit: They're buying out Colaiacovo. There might be injury reasons keeping them from buying out Samuelsson. If they want to be players in free agency, I could see someone like Jordin Tootoo, Patrick Eaves, Brian Lashoff or Cory Emmerton being basically given away.

-Minnesota: Are buying out Gilbert, dumped Clutterbuck for a pick, and might still like to move Setoguchi and Konopka.

-NY Rangers: I don't believe any of those "Rangers won't be players in free agency", you can't take Glen Sather out of free agency. I could see him making a move to add an UFA. Guys like Stralman, Del Zotto, Boyle etc. could be shipped out.

-Philadelphia: They're already at or over the cap and don't have a starting goalie. There will be moves here, for sure.

-Pittsburgh: I still think they're going to move another contract, maybe Niskanen or Orpik to give the some UFA flexibility.

-St. Louis: Some belief that they're players in the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes. They have about $10-14 million in cap space, but haven't signed Chris Stewart, Alex Pietrangelo or Jake Allen, yet. If they want Iginla and aren't likely to spend to the cap, they'll need to shed salary.

-Toronto: Nonis has said there are some deals they could make to shed salary, keep them in the hunt for UFA season.

-Vancouver: The Schneider trade and Ballard buy-out help, but I still think they might have interest in dumping some money. Not so much Edler, more like Alex Burrows.

07-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I feel like every team in the league is trying to shed money but us.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:58 PM
RCola88

vCash: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
We've got 16.5 mil in cap space, if we buyout Gill and Kostisyn, which is the plan. And we have nobody to sign on the roster besides Seth Jones. The best part about it is we wont get a damn thing in free agency

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I think Booth would be the more logical dump by the Canucks. Burrows pushed hard to get a NTC in his deal, I really doubt MG has interest in moving Burrows and even then the chances of Burrows waiving is slim to none.

07-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

If Detroit were to resign both Cleary and Brunner and maybe Weiss for our 2nd line center, Then yeah, We would have to shed some salary most likely Emmerton, Tootoo, and Eaves could be dealt or waived. Colaiacovo was a causalty from the Dekeyser signing and once Smith resigns that gives Detroit 7 Dman and that's all that Holland plans on carrying.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:06 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Blues won't have interest in Iginla, a center for sure, but definitely not Iginla.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:07 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
I think Booth would be the more logical dump by the Canucks. Burrows pushed hard to get a NTC in his deal, I really doubt MG has interest in moving Burrows and even then the chances of Burrows waiving is slim to none.
Booth might be more logical, but Burrows might be more practical. Booth is recovering from injury and can't be bought-out, so Canucks would have to trade him and I can't imagine a team around the league trading for him without sending their stinky contract back in return. Burrows could bring back a nice haul of a pick and prospect and knock $4+ million off the Canucks' cap. Burrows might not waive his NTC, but if he's going to a contender, I can't imagine he'd be too upset.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Miller Time

if Burrows were available, I'm sure that Habs would be very interested... and being from the area he may be ok moving his NTC to head back home?

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Ouroboros

Which teams are willing to take significant money? Can't be many.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:14 PM
DRWCountryClub

Detroit just signed Lashoff to a 3 year deal paying him 700,000 per season. Why would they give him away? Tootoo and Eaves I could see.

DRWCountryClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Kip96

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Booth might be more logical, but Burrows might be more practical. Booth is recovering from injury and can't be bought-out, so Canucks would have to trade him and I can't imagine a team around the league trading for him without sending their stinky contract back in return. Burrows could bring back a nice haul of a pick and prospect and knock $4+ million off the Canucks' cap. Burrows might not waive his NTC, but if he's going to a contender, I can't imagine he'd be too upset.
Trading Burrows would be insanely stupid

He's a fan favorite, complete player and one of the only big playoff performers that the Canucks have

Booth is useful but not worth 4.25 mil, Edler is another who could potentially bring in a big return

Kip96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:17 PM
SpezDispenser

Ottawa will take your cap dump - if he's good.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCola88 View Post
We've got 16.5 mil in cap space, if we buyout Gill and Kostisyn, which is the plan. And we have nobody to sign on the roster besides Seth Jones. The best part about it is we wont get a damn thing in free agency
We'll offer you Grabo -1.5 + Liles for Klein. So you get more offense and can reach the floor.

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
captainpaxil

flyers have some 4+ mil to resign gagne and get a backup golie.i don't see any problems there. could they move saly? yeah but it would have to be a hockey deal. especially givn what went down with Coburn at the draft

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:19 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
flyers have some 4+ mil to resign gagne and get a backup golie.i don't see any problems there. could they move saly? yeah but it would have to be a hockey deal. especially givn what went down with Coburn at the draft
2 backup goalies = solid plan

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:19 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Which teams are willing to take significant money? Can't be many.
The Flames.

Assets have to be coming with those cap dumps though. No team is just taking a camp dump.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Overkamp

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Blues won't have interest in Iginla, a center for sure, but definitely not Iginla.
Not entirely true.

Blues need a goal scorer and a finisher. Iginla, even at his age will put up 25-30 goals over the next couple years.

They sign Stewart and Pietrangelo for around $10 million total and then they would have to move probably Perron ++ (Cole/Halak?) for a center rather than through free agency.

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:21 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
If the Rangers wanted to shed money and test the FA market, they'd have bought out Richards.

So, I call BS. Boyle could be moved, but I highly, highly doubt the Rangers move a defenseman right now unless they get a top notch young forward coming back.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Love

Ahh I'd be sad if Burr left but would somewhat understand.

Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:23 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkamp View Post
Not entirely true.

Blues need a goal scorer and a finisher. Iginla, even at his age will put up 25-30 goals over the next couple years.

They sign Stewart and Pietrangelo for around $10 million total and then they would have to move probably Perron ++ (Cole/Halak?) for a center rather than through free agency.
Or we use free agency for a center...

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Flamesfan 26

Quote:
Flyers are over the cap. They signed Vinny.

Flamesfan 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Overkamp

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Or we use free agency for a center...
That's true too. Can pretty much trade those chips for picks/prospects I suppose.

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:26 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Haha, count the Isles in that group. Isles fans are wondering how we're going to get over the cap FLOOR, who cares about the cap.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:27 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
What happened with Coburn? Honest question.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Lindo

Oilers are in the perfect position to take on salary.

Lindo is offline   Reply With Quote