Notices

Burmistrov to KHL - [UPDATE JULY 8, 2013] Signs 2 year contract with AK Bars

Old
07-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Burmistrov to KHL - [UPDATE JULY 8, 2013] Signs 2 year contract with AK Bars

Figured we should have a thread on this. Really nothing we don't already know, but this was re-tweeted by Ken Wiebe. I personally believe Burmistrov won't be back if he doesn't get traded. I think he's playing the game of "trade me or i'm just going to go play in the KHL". We'll see.

Quote:
@IgorEronko: #Jets Alexander Burmistrov is in Kazan now. Several not too credible reports he’s already signed with hometown #AkBars but no confirmation
Quote:
"@WiebeSunSports: Important to remember that Alex Burmistrov has worked out in Kazan for years, so we will see if he stays there this year #KHL #NHLJets
Quote:
"@WiebeSunSports: Maybe Burmistrov could actually find his confidence, game if he goes to #KHL for two seasons. #NHLJets would keep his rights until he is 27

Last edited by Guerzy: 07-05-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:00 AM
TCsmyth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Figured we should have a thread on this. Really nothing we don't already know, but this was re-tweeted by Ken Wiebe. I personally believe Burmistrov won't be back if he doesn't get traded. I think he's playing the game of "trade me or i'm just going to go play in the KHL". We'll see.
I agree with you Guerzy, I think we will see Burmi off to the K for a little while

TCsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:04 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 973
He has every right to go there if the Jets can't find a good deal to be made.

The Jets have every right to not trade until he goes to Russia for a few years, develops further, wants to come back and drives his own value up... It's not a disaster if he leaves.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:14 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Still wouldn't bet on him leaving.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Rheged
JMFT

Quote:
@IgorEronko: #Jets Alexander Burmistrov is in Kazan now. Several not too credible reports he’s already signed with hometown #AkBars but no confirmation
Find that extremely humorous for some reason.

Rheged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
same. if you pay attention, this is complete spin. Pretty much everything on burmi is spin on the exact same circumstances of last season.

it's frustrating to me to see so many piggy backings of missinformation and sensational opinion writing to the point where both become accepted fact when in reality they were never true.

Winnipeg NHL media is essentially Fox News. "We will not be beholden to the truth".

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:24 AM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Truck, I would take that bet. I believe he wants a lot of money, and I think that money is there for him right now in the K. I would be happy to be wrong...

Old
07-05-2013, 10:28 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

I am a Burmi fan and want to see him in our opening line up. That being said I see this as a place TNSE draws a line in the sand. IMHO we got jacked by Pavs using the KHL leverage so fool me once! If Alex gets a great offer to play in the KHL so be it we can't let that dictate the terms of our negotiation this time around.

It's a long summer and there is lots of time to work a trade out if Alex is set on moving on or we hold on to his rights and let him develop in the K.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:28 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Once again
Don't want too be here? Get the **** out then
We will get someone to take your ice time then

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:30 AM
koth

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Winnipeg NHL media is essentially Fox News. "We will not be beholden to the truth".
I think it depends on who you listen to. I wouldn't take anything the Sun says as credible. The Free Press usually gets things right.

As for Burmistrov, I find it really annoying that going to the KHL is a serious option. His agent said previously that he will not be going to the KHL, but that could have changed.

Of course, this whole thing could just turn out to be a contract negotiation tactic... which doesn't lessen the annoyance of it.

But I like Chevy's stance on the KHL. He basically said if players want to go to the KHL then he can't/won't compete with that. It pretty much removes that negotiation tactic from the agent's/player's arsenal.

koth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Truck, I would take that bet. I believe he wants a lot of money, and I think that money is there for him right now in the K. I would be happy to be wrong...
i guess my issue TC, and i don't mean to be calling you out in particular on this, why do you beleieve that ? Just a hunch? He certainly hasn't officially said/done anything to suggest all he wants is money.

It seems a lot of people believe this, but no one has any inside info. All we've got is literally the exact same circumstances as previous seasons, except a) a year later and B) the media has continually framed them in a negative light.

You could be right, maybe he does want money - but my point is that i honestly believe NONE of us would think that if we hadn't read 6 articles of Gary lawless/etc saying "burmi's doing the same thigns he always does but MAYBE, this time, he's a bad guy?"

It's soft opinion/angling writing that should be harmless- but since it gets repeated and repeated we start to skip over the "but maybe" and make judgements on his character.

Now i know he's young. And i know he was some head butting with Noel, but I would be shocked and dissapointed if that lead him to go the KHL. There's a lot more hard evidence of him probably staying here, but there's a tonne of opinion-conjecture about him leaving, so for some reason we latch onto that.

sorry for the rant/ramble, Just wish this would die at this point. sign him to 8 years witha NMC and be done with it, or trade him.

Old
07-05-2013, 10:38 AM
GoldenJet89

Quote:
i guess my issue TC, and i don't mean to be calling you out in particular on this, why do you beleieve that ? Just a hunch? He certainly hasn't officially said/done anything to suggest all he wants is money.

It seems a lot of people believe this, but no one has any inside info. All we've got is literally the exact same circumstances as previous seasons, except a) a year later and B) the media has continually framed them in a negative light.

You could be right, maybe he does want money - but my point is that i honestly believe NONE of us would think that if we hadn't read 6 articles of Gary lawless/etc saying "burmi's doing the same thigns he always does but MAYBE, this time, he's a bad guy?"

It's soft opinion/angling writing that should be harmless- but since it gets repeated and repeated we start to skip over the "but maybe" and make judgements on his character.

Now i know he's young. And i know he was some head butting with Noel, but I would be shocked and dissapointed if that lead him to go the KHL. There's a lot more hard evidence of him probably staying here, but there's a tonne of opinion-conjecture about him leaving, so for some reason we latch onto that.

sorry for the rant/ramble, Just wish this would die at this point. sign him to 8 years witha NMC and be done with it, or trade him.
Please tell me you're joking about the bolded?

GoldenJet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by koth View Post
I think it depends on who you listen to. I wouldn't take anything the Sun says as credible. The Free Press usually gets things right.

As for Burmistrov, I find it really annoying that going to the KHL is a serious option. His agent said previously that he will not be going to the KHL, but that could have changed.

Of course, this whole thing could just turn out to be a contract negotiation tactic... which doesn't lessen the annoyance of it.
I'm not sure who his agent is, but this would not be good for his business. NHL GMs are already a bit wary of Russian players (and their agents) using the KHL option for a quick score or for leverage in contract negotiations.

If Burmi and/or his agent are trying this ploy, then I think that Chevy should play hard ball and see if Burmi and his agent want to abandon his NHL career at 21.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:46 AM
TCsmyth

Quote:

I don't feel called out, so no worries. By the way, Burmi has done nothing to warrant an 8 year deal with NMC, so I suspect that point is just frustration on your point. It is not so easy to trade an unsigned RFA.

Also, none of my opinions or thoughts are based on what Gary Lawless says or writes. Can we not have hunches? The moment that his agent (who is a blowhard) said that Burmi was not interested in the KHL, it made me think that it was a reverse Russian ploy. It is no secret that there is big money in Russia that would love to have him there, and I believe that Burmi wants big money in NA or he will go to a hometown option...which is not the worst option in the world for him.

As I said, I am happy to be wrong...cheers

Old
07-05-2013, 10:47 AM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I'm not sure who his agent is, but this would not be good for his business. NHL GMs are already a bit wary of Russian players (and their agents) using the KHL option for a quick score or for leverage in contract negotiations.

If Burmi and/or his agent are trying this ploy, then I think that Chevy should play hard ball and see if Burmi and his agent want to abandon his NHL career at 21.
The NHL is hugely wary of Russia...I believe only 8 Russians drafted this year

Old
07-05-2013, 10:54 AM
koth

vCash: 883
Quote:
The NHL is hugely wary of Russia...I believe only 8 Russians drafted this year
Yeah, the KHL seems to be hurting these players more than helping them. NHL caliber players, that is. It's definitely good for the players that aren't good enough for the NHL.

koth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:59 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

The one good thing about Atlanta rushing Burmi is that after his 1st ELC he is still 21 and the Jets retain his rights until he is 27 if he chooses to go to the KHL.......

Is it coincidence that a story is planted about Burmi on one of the most important days of the Nhl season........I think not

Burmi and his agent are whining and looking for some attention........

Jets need to play hardball with him until the right deal is on the table for them ..... be it 1) a trade with another team this summer 2) A show me what you can really do 2 year contract that keeps him with the Jets or 3) a trade for his rights in 2 years, after he realizes that grass is not greener on the other side of the fence (khl)

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet89 View Post
Please tell me you're joking about the bolded?
Not joking persay, but exaggerating to make a point. i don't mind the 8 year NMC if it's only for 1-2 mil

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17
The one good thing about Atlanta rushing Burmi is that after his 1st ELC he is still 21 and the Jets retain his rights until he is 27 if he chooses to go to the KHL.......

Is it coincidence that a story is planted about Burmi on one of the most important days of the Nhl season........I think not

Burmi and his agent are whining and looking for some attention........

Jets need to play hardball with him until the right deal is on the table for them ..... be it 1) a trade with another team this summer 2) A show me what you can really do 2 year contract that keeps him with the Jets or 3) a trade for his rights in 2 years, after he realizes that grass is not greener on the other side of the fence (khl)
these two quotes are EXACTLY my point.

1 write wrote "based on completely unvarifiable sources" that he had signe din the KHL. That writer speak for "i cannot be trusted for anythign i'm about to say". it's cart blanche to just make **** up, and both of these quotes make it seem like the two have you have already assumed there's validity to the statements.

I don't think there is any actual KHL angling going on here-which is my point above. His agent hasn't said anything except "no he's not oging". All we know is he's in Kazan, where he is every off season. Another writer decided to throw some conjecture in there about KHL angling because, hey why not?

this is my point made above. Your response leads me to believe that your now operating on the assumption that his agent is behind this "not-credible-what-soever-source" which is cart blanche for writers just write whatever they want.

what really happened?
Burmis agent said he won't go to the khl.
Burmi went to the same place he does every summer.
a writer said he might sign with the KHL based on a fart and a prayer.

how we've reacted: There's a legitimat chance burmi goe sto the KHL.

my point being the only reason we have right now to legitimately think burmi will go the KHL is the fact that he's Russian. that's it.

Quote:
I don't feel called out, so no worries. By the way, Burmi has done nothing to warrant an 8 year deal with NMC, so I suspect that point is just frustration on your point. It is not so easy to trade an unsigned RFA.

Also, none of my opinions or thoughts are based on what Gary Lawless says or writes. Can we not have hunches? The moment that his agent (who is a blowhard) said that Burmi was not interested in the KHL, it made me think that it was a reverse Russian ploy. It is no secret that there is big money in Russia that would love to have him there, and I believe that Burmi wants big money in NA or he will go to a hometown option...which is not the worst option in the world for him.

As I said, I am happy to be wrong...cheers

yah the 8 year NMC was exaggeration/frustration. I guess i just have trouble with hunches as i always force myself to logic my way through my own hunches (thus usually abandoning them if there's no actual evidence to support them).

Obviously we all think differently. Just seems alot of people piggy backing onto hunches "just because" and then all of a sudden were talking about character flaws and motivation in a person we don't actually know nor have insight into. It's just frustrating to see that happen.

Hopefully these Hunches do end up being nothing but and Burmi turns it around, or signs/trade etc.

Old
07-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
Once again
I agree!

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

Burmi's agent is Mark Gandler, who is well-known for these tactics. Think of any Russian NHL player with contract issues and deemed a flight risk at some point, odds are Gandler is/was his agent.

His M.O. seems to be getting the most money for his clients right away, burning bridges with NHL clubs (and the NHL in general) be damned.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:16 AM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
Once again
Agreed. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Burmi's agent is Mark Gandler, who is well-known for these tactics. Think of any Russian NHL player with contract issues and deemed a flight risk at some point, odds are Gandler is/was his agent.

His M.O. seems to be getting the most money for his clients right away, burning bridges with NHL clubs (and the NHL in general) be damned.
Well, if Burmi wants to pay Gandler to set him up with a KHL career, so be it. It hurts the Jets, but not as much as it will hurt Burmi (and maybe his agent, in the longer term). The only group that benefits is the KHL, because it will make all but the very best Russian players much less interesting and valuable.

But in the end, I think that Burmi (and Gandler) will understand that it would be foolish to abandon the NHL at this stage of life / career. The Jets will either resign him or trade him. I hope they keep him, and see how he develops in the next few years.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

I think this is pure negotiating from his agent. Burmi has stated many times that he wants to stay in Winnipeg, and i would be pissed if we lost him. He is going to be an amazing player soon and I'd prefer it to be here.

Howard Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
I'm kind of hoping that the Jets sign him, announce it, and then trade him the following day; the meltdown here amongst his legions of fanboys and online lawyers would be legendary in scope!

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
I'm kind of hoping that the Jets sign him, announce it, and then trade him the following day; the meltdown here amongst his legions of fanboys and online lawyers would be legendary in scope!

The meltdown would be tied to the return I would think.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote