Burmistrov to KHL - [UPDATE JULY 8, 2013] Signs 2 year contract with AK Bars

Old
07-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
The meltdown would be tied to the return I would think.
Definitely. Wether deservedly or not i would assume i'm labeled as a "burmi fan-boy". As long as we get a return worthy of what he is, i don't mind trading him. it's trading him for crap that would be my issue.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:38 AM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

vCash: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Definitely. Wether deservedly or not i would assume i'm labeled as a "burmi fan-boy". As long as we get a return worthy of what he is, i don't mind trading him. it's trading him for crap that would be my issue.
exactly!

I'm definately one of the Burmi-fan-boys and we've every right to be that. Burmistrov can still develop into an amazing NHL player. I have to admit that worries grow a little since last season, that he will become the player he has the potential to with the Winnipeg Jets but I can't accept a trade just for the sake of trading him for an underpayment. No way!

If the right deal comes along and both sides have the feeling it's the right solution to part ways - I'm ok with it.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I would have written the same thing.

Howard Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:12 PM
s1g

He's probably just visiting his "buddies" out there.

(Hint - check his instagram. Something's a bit "weird".)

s1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:14 PM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post

Whatya talking about? I'm on NY phone

Old
07-05-2013, 02:54 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post

Talking about all the clubbing and lake pics or the one with all the ladies?

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 03:07 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Ya I don't get it.

*Most* (not all, there are definitely some exceptions) are not some weird form of Burmentalists...

I can't speak for everyone but I know a good part of those who defended him were more concerned about proper evaluation of talent, reasonable expectations of development and deeper understanding on how players affect the game beyond boxcar stats. More of myth busting then any weird blind favouritism.

I for one would have been fine with a trade at any point in his career (and still am for future terms), as long as the returns are of something that is wise and best for the team. This is no different then any player. I'm not married to any of the Jets current roster, be it Ladd, Slater, Bogosian, Pavelec, Thorburn, Burmistrov, Scheifele, Morrissey or Trouba; however, I am married to the team (at least according to my wife I am).

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:04 PM
knorthern knight

vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
The NHL is hugely wary of Russia...I believe only 8 Russians drafted this year
Given our experiences with...
  • Burmistrov
  • Jokinen
  • Miettinen
  • Pavelec
  • Ponikarovsky
I have no sympathy for the crowd that whines...

<WAHHWAHHWAHH> Chevy doesn't draft Europeans </WAHHWAHHWAHH>

Once Twice Three Four Five times burned, sixth time shy. This is not about about racial ancestry. Most NHL players are of European ancestry. It's about their environment growing up and learning hockey... and also about the likelihood of them having the KHL as a serious option.

knorthern knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Skinnyjimmy08

k honestly whats his game plan have u guys heard??? is he pretty much waiting to be traded and if he isnt traded pretty quick here, he is signing in KHL?? Im very curious to see what happens with Burmi... Its kinda taken a bit longer than I thought for Jets to do something. I thought by the draft forsure they woulda done something

Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:22 AM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

vCash: 50
Chevys priority are the other big 3 RFAs. I don't expect any sort of leak, the Jets seem like the tightest organization in the league.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:34 AM
StronGeer
POWWWAHHHHH

vCash: 1337
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Chevys priority are the other big 3 RFAs. I don't expect any sort of leak, the Jets seem like the tightest organization in the league.
Frustratingly true.

StronGeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:07 AM
Jets
All hat, no cattle.

NJD seems to be collecting Russians (Ponikarovsky, Volchenkov) and Russians with rumored attitude problems (Kovalchuk, Lokitionov)... maybe they would swing a deal around Henrique and Burmistrov. I guarantee playing in that environment would help Burmistrov.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 06:33 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
NJD seems to be collecting Russians (Ponikarovsky, Volchenkov) and Russians with rumored attitude problems (Kovalchuk, Lokitionov)... maybe they would swing a deal around Henrique and Burmistrov. I guarantee playing in that environment would help Burmistrov.
What? There is zero rumoured attitude problems with Loktionov. At all.

He did want to explore other opportunities, possibly KHL, at the expiration of his contract this year since LA has Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Stoll, Lewis, Fraser, even maybe Vey on the depth chart ahead of him, yeah. Not sure how that is an attitude problem, the fact the he went to AHL and worked hard this whole lockout with complaining would suggest he has a real classy pro attitude actually.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:26 AM
arby18
#whatdidchevydotoday

vCash: 537
It annoys me so much when people, especially members of the local MSM, ask how much longer we have to wait for Burmistrov to start producing. Well...

1) He's 21. That's one year older than "our savior" Mark Scheifele, who most seem content to wait however long it'll take before he can skate with the big boys.

2) It's not Burmistrov's fault he was rushed by the fools in Atlanta. He never developed properly which is easy to see, yet he is still a very effective player, with excellent possession numbers, in whatever role he's put in.

3) How in the eff is he supposed to produce offense when he's either in the press box or buried in a bottom-6 full of waiver-wire scrubs or Chris Thorburn?

4) There is obviously a disconnect between player and coaching staff, as the relationship between Burmi and Noel is a crappy one. Wasn't Noel known for developing young players? Not saying that it's all on one side or the other, but I have a hard time thinking a better coach couldn't find out a way to make this work...

5) He's one of the few guys on the team with enough talent to stick-handle in a phone-booth. His hands are likely one of the reasons he was a top-10 pick. But let's completely neuter his creativity and turn him into a grinder. Nice.

If he wants out, then he wants out. But I for one wouldn't blame him one bit. The MSM (especially Rick Ralph, for some reason) seem intent on railroading him right out of town, and for what? He's a really good defensive player, is one of the few guys who lays the body on the forecheck and his hands are unbelievable. Let's play him with Eric "Stone Hands" Tangradi or Chris "Face-Puncher" Thorburn and then complain when he doesn't produce...

And if the team wants to get rid of him, why not showcase him for a bit? His value is as low as it possibly could be. This has been handled so poorly from start to finish that it's laughable. Almost as funny as when that kid at the MTS Centre said his favorite player is Burmi while he's parked in the press box and the crowd went nuts...

/

Last edited by arby18: 07-07-2013 at 08:56 AM.
arby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:48 AM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arby18 View Post
It annoys me so much when people, especially members of the local MSM, ask how much longer we have to wait for Burmistrov to start producing. Well...

1) He's 21. That's one year older than "our savior" Mark Scheifele, who most seem content to wait however long it'll take before he can skate with the big boys.

2) It's not Burmistrov's fault he was rushed by the fools in Atlanta. He never developed properly which is easy to see, yet he is still a very effective player in whatever role he's put in.

3) How in the eff is he supposed to produce offense when he's either in the press box or buried in a bottom-6 full of waiver-wire scrubs or Chris Thorburn?

4) There is obviously a disconnect between player and coaching staff, as the relationship between Burmi and Noel is obviously a crappy one. Wasn't Noel known for developing young players?

5) He's one of the few guys on the team with enough talent to stick-handle in a phone-booth. His hands are likely one of the reasons he was a top-10 pick. But let's completely neuter his creativity and turn him into a grinder. Nice.

If he wants out, then he wants out. But I for one wouldn't blame him one bit. The MSM (especially Rick Ralph, for some reason) seem intent on railroading him right out of town, and for what? He's a really good defensive player, is one of the few guys who lays the body on the forecheck and his hands are unbelievable. Let's play him with Eric "Stone Hands" Tangradi and then complain when he doesn't produce...

And if the team wants to get rid of him, why not showcase him for a bit? This has been handled so poorly from start to finish that it's laughable. Almost as fun when that kid at the MTS Centre who said his favorite player is Burmi while he's parked in the press box.

/
good post arby!

Old
07-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

[mod]

Quote:
He is a veteran of near 200 NHL games and should by now fathom how an NHL team would like him to perform. No one is calling Scheifele a savior here aside from yourself.

Quote:
2) It's not Burmistrov's fault he was rushed by the fools in Atlanta. He never developed properly which is easy to see, yet he is still a very effective player in whatever role he's put in.
He isn't really an effective player in whatever role he's put in, at all, counter to your claim; if he was then his play would have dictated a top line role and it clearly hasn't. He continually makes poor decisions with the puck, and for some reason does not play within the systems that his coach requests he play - systems that all of his teammates somehow manage to generally follow.

Quote:
He has been afforded those opportunities on several occasions over the past two seasons. Whenever given the opportunity to play on the top lines he winds up back on the lower lines; that is a reflection of his poor/ineffective play.

Quote:
4) There is obviously a disconnect between player and coaching staff, as the relationship between Burmi and Noel is a crappy one. Wasn't Noel known for developing young players? Not saying that it's all on one side or the other, but I have a hard time thinking a better coach couldn't find out a way to make this work...
21 year old players do not dictate the terms of their own employment; doing exactly what the coach asks and doing it effectively is the best and near sole route to advancement at that level.

Quote:
Rob Schremp has the same sort of skills; I see a parallel there, big skills and poor decision making.

Last edited by Jet: 07-07-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Leave the personal attacks out of it.
Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Skidooboy

I have never understood where all the Burmi love comes from. All the rumourssay he is a difficult, arrogant uncoachable player. I haven't seen much progress in his game over the last two years, and think his ceiling is , yet another, talented, unmotivated, mediocre , greedy, inconsistent unproductive puck hog . No need of that in our organization thank you. Move along to Russia thanks

Skidooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:29 AM
broinwhyteridge

vCash: 291
What does MSM stand for?

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
What does MSM stand for?
Mainstream media.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:47 AM
arby18
#whatdidchevydotoday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
As a writer for a blog it is clearly self-serving for you to critique the words of others that are paid to cover the team. Not at all surprised you chose to lead with that specific line.
Ha ha. Not sure I follow, as I get paid exactly zero dollars to write, but okay. Can I not criticize narratives regardless?

Quote:
He is a veteran of near 200 NHL games and should by now fathom how an NHL team would like him to perform. No one is calling Scheifele a savior here aside from yourself.
Please. Scheifele can do no wrong around these parts. Perhaps "savior" was a little over the top, but I think the point is evident.

Quote:
He isn't really an effective player in whatever role he's put in, at all, counter to your claim; if he was then his play would have dictated a top line role and it clearly hasn't. He continually makes poor decisions with the puck, and for some reason does not play within the systems that his coach requests he play - systems that all of his teammates somehow manage to generally follow.
I don't follow your logic. He was tremendous in a 3rd-line shutdown role to end the season. Heck, even Noel praised him. But I don't know how success there would dictate a promotion to the top line.

Quote:
He has been afforded those opportunities on several occasions over the past two seasons. Whenever given the opportunity to play on the top lines he winds up back on the lower lines; that is a reflection of his poor/ineffective play.
Several occasions? This past season? Not sure I'm on board there, as a quick look at Left-Wing Lock's Line Combo's shows that isn't the case. He played with Kane a little bit but nowhere near as much as Olli, yet Burmi produced at a better rate while there. Any at any rate, he had different linemates all season until the line with Tangradi and Santorelli finished the year together.

Quote:
21 year old players do not dictate the terms of their own employment; doing exactly what the coach asks and doing it effectively is the best and near sole route to advancement at that level.
I will agree here. However, living in Chez Bow-Wow makes that tough to. I wonder if there is a bit of a communication barrier.

Quote:
Rob Schremp has the same sort of skills; I see a parallel there, big skills and poor decision making.
LOL. I've used the same player as an example to try and temper expectations about Scheifele dominating the OHL...

Old
07-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arby18 View Post
Ha ha. Not sure I follow, as I get paid exactly zero dollars to write, but okay. Can I not criticize narratives regardless?
You are free to say whatever you wish. If you are going to question the narratives of others though, then by extension you open yourself to questions as to your own motivation in doing so. Your own narrative is perhaps spun for example from a need to be seen as "different" from the competition. The difference as I see it however is that the MSM have near relative full access to team management, coaching, and players from which to formulate their own opinions regarding situations such as these, while your own opinions conversely are being formed within a comparative vacuum of access to such information.

Quote:
LOL. I've used the same player as an example to try and temper expectations about Scheifele dominating the OHL...
I don't have time to respond to your reply line-by-line as I'm currently busy writing a report for a client but I will suggest that perhaps you just chose the wrong person to compare to Schremp.

Old
07-07-2013, 10:00 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
That is the big question though. What is Burmi to the so called "fan boys" and what is he to rival GM's?

Do you want a return worthy of what he IS or do you want a return worthy of what he could "MAYBE POTENTIALLY" become?

That's the grey area between differing opinions. Is there a GM out there that is a Burmi fan boy and is willing to give more value in assets than what Burmi has shown to date? Or will his market value be strictly on his accomplishments up until now and the supposed problems he's had in regards to being coached or being a flight risk?

The whole KHL tactic is not benefitting his trade value though because any interested parties may be scared of by the KHL ploy. I wouldn't want Chevy giving up anything of real value for a Russian player who is "reportedly" a flight risk who has problems being coached and who has yet to produce much of any sustained offensive numbers.

In all honesty. I like Bumri and would love for him to come back on a 2 year deal and prove everyone around the league wrong, but at this point, with all of the above factors, I would just as soon take a mid 1st and decent prospect so the organization could move on.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 10:01 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
As a Capitals fan I'm thinking the same, therefore how about a straight up deal involving our RFA Marcus Johansson for your RFA Burmistrov.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 10:06 AM
KenAF

What would you guys expect for Burmistrov in a trade?

Last edited by KenAF: 07-07-2013 at 10:14 AM.
KenAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 10:10 AM
arby18
#whatdidchevydotoday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
You are free to say whatever you wish. If you are going to question the narratives of others though, then by extension you open yourself to questions as to your own motivation in doing so. Your own narrative is perhaps spun for example from a need to be seen as "different" from the competition. The difference as I see it however is that the MSM have near relative full access to team management, coaching, and players from which to formulate their own opinions regarding situations such as these, while your own opinions conversely are being formed within a comparative vacuum of access to such information.
Ha. The MSM have relatively full access, but rarely say anything. Especially with TNSE, as they are literally given nothing to write about other than opinions. I can't wait to hear what Wheeler's agent has to say next...

Why is it that the knives come out when players leave town (see Seguin/Boston and Bryz/Philly), but those stories are rarely written about when the players are still there? Pressure to keep their press pass? Don't bite the hand that feeds? This is all just speculation on my part, but as blogs with access don't need to worry about my press pass being revoked, perhaps they can say things that the MSM can't/don't/won't.

Quote:
I don't have time to respond to your reply line-by-line as I'm currently busy writing a report for a client but I will suggest that perhaps you just chose the wrong person to compare to Schremp.
Fair. I realize that they are hardly the same player, but when people point to point in the OHL as an overager, it's a quick and easy reference point.