HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offer Sheets -- Pietrangelo

Old
07-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Curious, what report. I'm not saying you're wrong, but last I heard no teams were talking to Petro or the Blues.
Quote:
Rich Smith ‏@ALLsportsINTEL 1h
NHL - I was informed at least 4 teams are believed to have contacted the Blues about Pietrangelo. Oilers, Flyers, Islanders, Flames

IDK how credible, if at all this guy is but I'm doing this more for the sake of conversation.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:19 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
IDK how credible, if at all this guy is but I'm doing this more for the sake of conversation.
You have to understand Blues fans have as much desire to trade Pietrangelo as NYI fans have to trade JT. So you will not get very much conversation from Blues fans on it.

Trading Pietrangelo after signing a player like Roy would make zero sense. Roy is a player you sign to add to a team. Pietrangelo is a player you build the team around. We'd basically ruin our team by trading our best player away.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 07:01 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
Quote:
To me I just take those sort of comments as "well duh" comments. High profile young player who would improve nearly every team in the league? Of course the Blues are going to get calls about him, unsigned RFA or not. Other GM's are simply doing their jobs by working the phones. Heck I'm sure Armstrong has contacted the Isles about Tavares at some point and possibly more than once.

Now when it gets to the "hearing a potential deal in the works" then I start getting interested.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 11:45 PM
BlueDream

Well yeah I'm sure teams have talked to us about Pietrangelo. But it doesn't mean we talked to them for longer than 15 seconds.

*ring ring*
Armstrong: This is Doug.
Other GM: Hey, we're interested in Pietrangelo.
Armstrong: Nope.
Other GM: We're willing to offer--
Armstrong: Have a nice day.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:16 AM
Cotton McKnight
BLUESBLUESBLUESBLUES

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
I hope this was a sarcastic post.
I hope my opinion is completely false, but, we shall see.....

Cotton McKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:30 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
At least the Islanders can at least put a package together that says, "hey, at least we tried." Better than what I can say about Philly.
In the thread on the isles board, I suggested it would take Strome, Reinhart ,1st and nhler( I'm thinking one of Bailey/KO/Grabner).

I had arguments with fans about DiPietro + top assets in dump proposals. Those fantasy offers do get irritating.

Hopefully, your gm gets Pietroanglo signed.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:41 AM
TheKingPin

Is he not wanting to sign for what's currently being offered?

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Ummm... yeah, otherwise he would have signed

Some "reporters" have said that he is wanting more money, but it might be about term. If his agent believes that the cap is going to rocket in the next couple of seasons, a bridge deal might be their preference.

Last year was the same with Oshie, and we got him signed at $4.175m for 5 years a few weeks into RFA. This is how Armstrong chooses to work, and neither side is concerned that a deal isn't going to get done.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:25 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
His agent probably wanted to see what offer sheets might be forth coming before settling with the Blues. I believe Pietrangelo will be signed within a week. Armstrong is likely waiting to finish Petro before signing Stewart. Just my opinion.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
His agent probably wanted to see what offer sheets might be forth coming before settling with the Blues. I believe Pietrangelo will be signed within a week. Armstrong is likely waiting to finish Petro before signing Stewart. Just my opinion.
Heard that talks will pick up this afternoon, not sure how true that is, but we might well hear something pretty soon.

Old
07-07-2013, 10:52 AM
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

vCash: 1111
Quote:
He has a sunflower and he's pulling one petal at a time Philly, St. Louis, Philly, St. Louis.

But it's a real big sunflower so it's taking sometime, but when he's done we'll know.

bluesman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 11:37 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
He isn't credible at all. Not even a little bit.

Quote:
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 5 Jul

Oh, and all these reports that Alex Pietrangelo has/will sign an offer sheet are not true, his agent told me.
As much as I would love for my Oilers to poach him from you guys, it seems AP has no interest in an offersheet according to his agent. I expect you'll get him signed in the next few days. You GM would have to have been dropped repeatedly as a child to let AP go.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:37 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
He isn't credible at all. Not even a little bit.

As much as I would love for my Oilers to poach him from you guys, it seems AP has no interest in an offersheet according to his agent. I expect you'll get him signed in the next few days. You GM would have to have been dropped repeatedly as a child to let AP go.
Finally a fan from another fan base that understands. The last player the Blues get rid of is Pietrangelo.

Could you imagine the fan backlash if signing Derick Roy to a one year deal forced us to trade Pietrangelo.

It would be like if the Hemsky resigning preventing the Oilers from resigning Hall and being forced to trade him

Old
07-07-2013, 08:35 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton McKnight View Post
I hope my opinion is completely false, but, we shall see.....
If the Blues don't put up the $$$ and term and lose him I am done with this team.

If Army is out there signing Roy and the super pest and then cry poor I will never watch this team again.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
If the Blues don't put up the $$$ and term and lose him I am done with this team.

If Army is out there signing Roy and the super pest and then cry poor I will never watch this team again.
Relax. Petro isn't going anywhere. Army is not stupid. If he had any doubt about getting Petro signed, there's no way he would have signed Roy. And I bet my bottom dollar that the issue is term and not dollars. I think Petro's agent wants a short term deal so he gets even bigger bucks when the cap goes up. Army's probably pushing for max term.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:37 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Relax. Petro isn't going anywhere. Army is not stupid. If he had any doubt about getting Petro signed, there's no way he would have signed Roy. And I bet my bottom dollar that the issue is term and not dollars. I think Petro's agent wants a short term deal so he gets even bigger bucks when the cap goes up. Army's probably pushing for max term.
Next to losing him completely him signing for 2 years would be horrible...I would be willing to go up from 7 per all the way up to 8 if it means at least 6-8 years...Really don't care how overpaid that would make him...Hopefully he wants to stay with the Blues and is not just trying to get to UFA status.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Next to losing him completely him signing for 2 years would be horrible...I would be willing to go up from 7 per all the way up to 8 if it means at least 6-8 years...Really don't care how overpaid that would make him...Hopefully he wants to stay with the Blues and is not just trying to get to UFA status.
Two years puts him still in RFA. You are freaking out over nothing right now. He's not going anywhere. Meehan pulled this with Doughty too and he eventually signed long term.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:58 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Two years puts him still in RFA. You are freaking out over nothing right now. He's not going anywhere. Meehan pulled this with Doughty too and he eventually signed long term.
Thought 2 years was his UFA but either way we will see what happens and what kind of deal they work out and then see what his intensions are. And see if this ownership group is ready to sign a longterm big money contract. So far they have not signed any big money long term deals. At this point time will tell.

Old
07-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Thought 2 years was his UFA but either way we will see what happens and what kind of deal they work out and then see what his intensions are. And see if this ownership group is ready to sign a longterm big money contract. So far they have not signed any big money long term deals. At this point time will tell.
He has to be 27 or have 7 years of service to hit UFA. He's not close to either right now. But he will get his long term deal. It's a matter of if it's now or in a couple of years.

Old
07-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Alklha

McDonagh gets 6 x $4.7m...

Old
07-08-2013, 09:00 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
McDonagh gets 6 x $4.7m...
Yep, Come on Petro sign for 8 X 6.7 and call it a day already...

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:28 AM
tmack224

Hey guys, I know it's unlikely he s moved and only if a deal can't be worked out. In the case this happens, what would it take from Buffalo?

Vanek at a discount, Zadarov, +?

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 10:28 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post
Hey guys, I know it's unlikely he s moved and only if a deal can't be worked out. In the case this happens, what would it take from Buffalo?

Vanek at a discount, Zadarov, +?
Nothing Buffalo has lands Pietrangelo. He's only be moved fora true #1 center and it would still be doubtful....

Old
07-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Nothing Buffalo has lands Pietrangelo. He's only be moved fora true #1 center and it would still be doubtful....
If Armstrong moved Pietrangelo under any circumstance he should be taken to the nearest desert, tied to a cactus and left for dead.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 10:41 AM
tmack224

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Fair enough.

What's the reason he hasn't signed yet? Any rumor on what he is asking for?

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote