Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in KHL.

Old
11-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
It looks like that nichlas hardt will most likely be playing for Jokerit next year,so that also means in KHL,what do you guys think his point production could be? could he be a 20 points guy? or is he more like a grinder?
Nichlas Hardt is a hard working forward, so he contributes a lot more on his team than just point production - especially in playoff. Season 2011-12 was really good for him, though last year with a lot of injury. He seems just recently to have found his old form again.
So by 20 points you mean 20 goals or 20 points in all?
I doubt 20 goals, but around 10G 15A if he plays first/second line minutes?

Then I don't known how much Jokerit will upgrade their roster for next season?!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:53 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Nichlas Hardt is a hard working forward, so he contributes a lot more on his team than just point production - especially in playoff. Season 2011-12 was really good for him, though last year with a lot of injury. He seems just recently to have found his old form again.
So by 20 points you mean 20 goals or 20 points in all?
I doubt 20 goals, but around 10G 15A if he plays first/second line minutes?

Then I don't known how much Jokerit will upgrade their roster for next season?!
If he won't have a place in Jokerit, there is always Bjorkstrand who can recomended him to Medvescak. If he is really hard working forward, there should be no problem for him to adapt on Medvescak roster

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficohok View Post
If he won't have a place in Jokerit, there is always Bjorkstrand who can recomended him to Medvescak. If he is really hard working forward, there should be no problem for him to adapt on Medvescak roster
I definitely think he will stay in Jokerit, as Finnish team like to have hard working forwards.
He is second in point production for Jokerit this season so far.

Old
11-21-2013, 12:16 PM
admire

Quote:
He will stay, but would actually fit in great in the KHL, i would believe.

Awesome player all around.

admire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by admire View Post
He will stay, but would actually fit in great in the KHL, i would believe.

Awesome player all around.
Nichlas Hardt is a player that is really tough and hard working. Saying he actually likes taking the giving-and-taking in the crease and he can fire off some really hard tackles inspite of his not so big size.
I think his lack of size is the only reason he is not in the NHL, but then Finnish hockey is perfect for him.
Jokerit will probably upgrade their team for KHL, but I think they would keep him as at least a third line playing bringing the hustle and that also is quite productive when in form.

Old
11-23-2013, 12:02 PM
admire

Quote:
Nichlas Hardt is a player that is really tough and hard working. Saying he actually likes taking the giving-and-taking in the crease and he can fire off some really hard tackles inspite of his not so big size.
I think his lack of size is the only reason he is not in the NHL, but then Finnish hockey is perfect for him.
Jokerit will probably upgrade their team for KHL, but I think they would keep him as at least a third line playing bringing the hustle and that also is quite productive when in form.
Completely agree. He is also a very important player for the NT. He brings great intensity while also providing goals.
Another case of it being so irritating that we won't go to the olympics. Him on either the 3rd line on on a line with the NHL'ers would be awesome. Still hope we will have a oppotunity at some point to see all of our talent at the same time. We don't have a lot of success in sweden anymore, but we are getting more players in other leagues. Quite a few players playing in germany but that has always been the case i guess.

I really hope Bjorkstrand can help get the KHL to look at danish players. We will probably be able to provide them with 1-2 ex-NHL players after this season ends.

Old
11-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Completely agree. He is also a very important player for the NT. He brings great intensity while also providing goals.
Another case of it being so irritating that we won't go to the olympics. Him on either the 3rd line on on a line with the NHL'ers would be awesome. Still hope we will have a oppotunity at some point to see all of our talent at the same time. We don't have a lot of success in sweden anymore, but we are getting more players in other leagues. Quite a few players playing in germany but that has always been the case i guess.

I really hope Bjorkstrand can help get the KHL to look at danish players. We will probably be able to provide them with 1-2 ex-NHL players after this season ends.
So you are thinking Peter Regin and Philip Larsen here?

Old
11-24-2013, 01:09 PM
admire

Quote:
So you are thinking Peter Regin and Philip Larsen here?
Yes. I have to admit to judge Philip on what I have seen Oilers fans say and match reports, but it seems that he only plays well on powerplays which makes sense. His game needs the extra space.

I see the regin debate as almost over. I have almost no hope for him after this season. Ive seen him play quite a few times this year and have not been impressed once.

Old
12-03-2013, 10:02 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Yesterday Bjorkstrand had asist in 5:1 victory over Novokuznetsk. That is his 10th point of the season.

Old
12-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Yesterday Bjorkstrand had asist in 5:1 victory over Novokuznetsk. That is his 10th point of the season.
First point in a pretty long time, but he has also played the last couple of matches on the 4'th line.

Old
12-03-2013, 01:32 PM
admire

Quote:
Good to see him continuing his form. Has he started to be a fan favourite?

Old
12-03-2013, 05:11 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Good to see him continuing his form. Has he started to be a fan favourite?
Well, not exactly a fan favourite, but he is really appreciated as a hard-working player who is vital part of our PK unit(s) and generaly speaking he is considered as biggest suprise due to low expectations, because nobody really knew what to expect from 21yr old player coming from Allsvenskan to KHL

He is player whose absence would be noticeable which can't be said for some "bigger" names like Glumac, Perkovich, Jessiman.

Old
12-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Ivan94

- he ice one of medvescak´s 5 forwards who played all 34 games.
- he gets an average of 12.5 minutes per game
- he, murray and walker are very important at PK

until maybe a week ago he was on 3rd line with walker and murray. but last games the coach changed line-ups. against metalurg he was on 4th line. today on 3rd with jessiman and ellison

Ivan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
- he ice one of medvescak´s 5 forwards who played all 34 games.
- he gets an average of 12.5 minutes per game
- he, murray and walker are very important at PK

until maybe a week ago he was on 3rd line with walker and murray. but last games the coach changed line-ups. against metalurg he was on 4th line. today on 3rd with jessiman and ellison
It seems that Bjørkstrand usually plays 3'rd line, but on occasion 2'nd or 4'th. Perhaps because Medvescak have had some injuries?!
But impressive that he has played all matches so far, when he was only brought in to the team originally as filling the youth quota.
That he is doing so well on the PK is great for the Danish NT team. I think he could be a 3'rd/4'th line player for the Danish NT for many many years.

Old
12-06-2013, 11:14 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
It seems that Bjørkstrand usually plays 3'rd line, but on occasion 2'nd or 4'th. Perhaps because Medvescak have had some injuries?!
But impressive that he has played all matches so far, when he was only brought in to the team originally as filling the youth quota.
That he is doing so well on the PK is great for the Danish NT team. I think he could be a 3'rd/4'th line player for the Danish NT for many many years.
No, coach French simply mixed lines a little bit

Old
12-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Justinov

Quote:
No, coach French simply mixed lines a little bit
Yeah he was back on the 4'th line for todays match. Medvescak really have secured themselves a place 7 in the west-standings. It looks like the top 9 have still a chance to be in the top 8. Really is gap point-wise in the division.

Old
12-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Ivan94

2 points for bjørkstrand at a crazy 6:5 win over Ak Bars Kazan.

i saw 2 goals from him, but game report say 1+1

Ivan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
2 points for bjørkstrand at a crazy 6:5 win over Ak Bars Kazan.

i saw 2 goals from him, but game report say 1+1
Apparently they still have him as 1G 1A from that game, but still great after being on the 4'th line only playing 10 min.
So he has 4G 8A and -1 in 37 games now.
Medvescak was close to losing a 4-1 and 6-3 lead but held it together.
They are still 7'th in the west.

Old
12-16-2013, 09:29 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Bjorkstrand won award for best young player in past week. That is second time that Bjork won it.

Old
12-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Bagge

Quote:
Bjorkstrand won award for best young player in past week. That is second time that Bjork won it.
In the club or in the entire KHL?

Bagge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 11:21 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagge View Post
In the club or in the entire KHL?
entire KHL

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 11:33 AM
Bagge

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
entire KHL
That sounds good, but kind of hard to understand. Surely there must be 100's of russians better than Bjorkstrand?

Bagge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 12:06 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
That sounds good, but kind of hard to understand. Surely there must be 100's of russians better than Bjorkstrand?
Well, it is a weekly award, based on how some xy young players played and performed in one week. It is not about "who is most talented or skilled player"

Old
12-16-2013, 12:18 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
as ficohok said, it is base on productivity of player. Bjorkstrand played 2 games, with GWG and A, if I know.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
as ficohok said, it is based on productivity of player. Bjorkstrand played 2 games, with GWG and A, if I know.
Still it's impressive he won it twice as it is KHL, since he then twice have produced more than other young players in the league on a given week.
Happy Medvescak dared to gamble on a young danish player from Allsvenskan playing bottom6 there.

I know he will be very valuable for the Danish NT for many years and hopefully also for Medvescak these next seasons!