HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit interested in Brenden Morrow

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2013, 03:41 PM
  #76
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,791
vCash: 515
Some teams are missing out today, maybe the market for Johan Franzen gets bigger and a tempting enough offer comes through.

Was surprised to hear they are still chasing Cleary and that they plan on still doing more though.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 03:41 PM
  #77
1st Line Interloper
Will Drop the Gloves
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
Interesting quote.

Bob Duff ‏@asktheduffer 3m
#redwings Holland on his roster: "This is going to be a work in progress over the summer."
I think that's just alluding to the trades that are going to be made to clear the roster of some players.

It's going to be interesting if the Red Wings run themselves right against the cap and then use training camp/the summer to clear themselves of the dead weight.

1st Line Interloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 03:56 PM
  #78
bullocks
Registered User
 
bullocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,020
vCash: 500
People are still talking about moves?

We have 4.3 mill cap space with RFA's to sign, not happening.

bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 03:57 PM
  #79
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,828
vCash: 545
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 38s
Morrow camp patiently taking calls... wants to play on a contender. Played with a split knee cap in playoffs which hurt his productivity

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:01 PM
  #80
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 38s
Morrow camp patiently taking calls... wants to play on a contender. Played with a split knee cap in playoffs which hurt his productivity
Jesus. I've had that happen and it's really, really painful. My doc didn't want me to walk or bend my knee.

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:01 PM
  #81
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,236
vCash: 500
i can see us adding morrow if its for two years and 2 million or so and then moving guys out all summer

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:02 PM
  #82
Wolverine Wings
#thankyoubasedgod
 
Wolverine Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullocks View Post
People are still talking about moves?

We have 4.3 mill cap space with RFA's to sign, not happening.
Look at the roster: http://www.capgeek.com/redwings/

Red Wings have to make moves, they don't have much toughness and have 16 forwards including Gus and Joakim. Tootoo, Emmerton, Bert, Eaves, Sammy and even Abby can/will be gone. The Wings want another "tough" player so they are going after Clearly and B.Morrow.

The Wings have to trade, they don't have a complete roster and still have 3 too many forwards.

Wolverine Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:05 PM
  #83
JRB86
Registered User
 
JRB86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
Interesting quote.

Bob Duff ‏@asktheduffer 3m
#redwings Holland on his roster: "This is going to be a work in progress over the summer."
We still need to sign Cleary, and since we didnt get Ference, we will probably end up with one of Lebda, Meech, or Lilja.

JRB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:06 PM
  #84
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,828
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB86 View Post
We still need to sign Cleary, and since we didnt get Ference, we will probably end up with one of Lebda, Meech, or Lilja.
Maybe we'll sign them all!

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:07 PM
  #85
Fine young man
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Fine young man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 238
vCash: 1268
Just had a thought: do you guys think we should fear someone offer sheeting Nyquist?

Fine young man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:08 PM
  #86
crashman
Registered User
 
crashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fine young man View Post
Just had a thought: do you guys think we should fear someone offer sheeting Nyquist?
Yeah, Ottawa.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:08 PM
  #87
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fine young man View Post
Just had a thought: do you guys think we should fear someone offer sheeting Nyquist?
Nope.

WingedWheel1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:09 PM
  #88
JRB86
Registered User
 
JRB86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fine young man View Post
Just had a thought: do you guys think we should fear someone offer sheeting Nyquist?
yeah, Holmgren

JRB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:11 PM
  #89
bullocks
Registered User
 
bullocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MGoBlue2 View Post
Look at the roster: http://www.capgeek.com/redwings/

Red Wings have to make moves, they don't have much toughness and have 16 forwards including Gus and Joakim. Tootoo, Emmerton, Bert, Eaves, Sammy and even Abby can/will be gone. The Wings want another "tough" player so they are going after Clearly and B.Morrow.

The Wings have to trade, they don't have a complete roster and still have 3 too many forwards.
True, still think Hollands done.

bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:13 PM
  #90
bababooeyII
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
If he was done he would say he's done and its clear he isn't done, he's still in on Cleary. In my opinion if they lose Cleary they're getting someone else to replace him. Morrow or Iginla.

bababooeyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:15 PM
  #91
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Exchange Kyle Quincey for Douglas Murray. That clears up cap room instantaneously. Problem is, Morrow keeps one of Tatar and Nyquist off the roster unless Bertuzzi is bought out.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:21 PM
  #92
Wolverine Wings
#thankyoubasedgod
 
Wolverine Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fine young man View Post
Just had a thought: do you guys think we should fear someone offer sheeting Nyquist?
Unless it a ridiculous overpayment, Wings will match. Offer sheets rarely work. Even if the Wings accept the terms, the compensation is pretty good.

So I'm not worried and if Gus leaves via offer sheet the compensation will be really good anyways.

Wolverine Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:21 PM
  #93
sepster
Registered User
 
sepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North of the 'D"
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
The buy-out period for this offseason is over, correct? I was under the impression that buy-outs needed to be completed by the start of free agency.

sepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:33 PM
  #94
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,828
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepster View Post
The buy-out period for this offseason is over, correct? I was under the impression that buy-outs needed to be completed by the start of free agency.
Correct. The compliance buyout period is done.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 05:35 PM
  #95
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 06:47 PM
  #96
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
The look of the roster, I think, depends on whether we get our "tough guy" or not. If we do, Tootoo, Emmerton, and Quincey goes while Bert likely gets bought out. If not, what you see is what you're likely gonna get.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($5.500m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Brenden Morrow ($3.000m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.750m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($2.000m)
Douglas Murray ($1.500m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Petr Mrazek ($0.790m)
OTHER
Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.625m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,384,545; BONUSES: $3,205,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,120,455


Last edited by JmanWingsFan: 07-05-2013 at 06:56 PM.
JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:04 PM
  #97
Frk It
#FireHolland
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 9,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
The look of the roster, I think, depends on whether we get our "tough guy" or not. If we do, Tootoo, Emmerton, and Quincey goes while Bert likely gets bought out. If not, what you see is what you're likely gonna get.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($5.500m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Brenden Morrow ($3.000m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.750m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($2.000m)
Douglas Murray ($1.500m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Petr Mrazek ($0.790m)
OTHER
Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.625m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,384,545; BONUSES: $3,205,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,120,455

Nyquist on line 4? Are you high?

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:07 PM
  #98
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Nyquist on line 4? Are you high?
Don't think of it as line four, think of it as our second third line.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:07 PM
  #99
Frk It
#FireHolland
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 9,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Don't think of it as line four, think of it as our second third line.
Hahahaha

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:20 PM
  #100
KJoe88
#Fire Holland
 
KJoe88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn, MI
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
The look of the roster, I think, depends on whether we get our "tough guy" or not. If we do, Tootoo, Emmerton, and Quincey goes while Bert likely gets bought out. If not, what you see is what you're likely gonna get.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($5.500m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Brenden Morrow ($3.000m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.750m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($2.000m)
Douglas Murray ($1.500m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Petr Mrazek ($0.790m)
OTHER
Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.625m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,384,545; BONUSES: $3,205,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,120,455
I don't think we'd buyout Bert, but I like that roster. Sick actually. Switch Sammy and Gus, though.

I think Kenny has to worry about tweaking the roster first... too many fowards atm. Then worry about maybe signing Morrow.

KJoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.