HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Khudobin, come on down! (1 year, 800k)

Old
07-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Swag Surf Aho
Find Your Own Style

vCash: 500
All of a sudden when Burmistrov takes part in the "Russian factor", pre-conceived notions of bad work ethic and locker room cancer arise and applies to all Russians. Coincidence? Maybe.

If you watched the same Semin that I did last year, you'd realize that his contract isn't really a problem considering that he's exactly what this team's been missing. Tlusty's an awesome compliment to that line, but you no longer hear complaints about finding Eric Staal a winger. Semin's everything you want offensively while playing smart not but spectacular defense. The only slowing down that's coming from Semin is the game when the puck is on his stick.

The "Russian factor" is very real but doesn't apply to some. Hearing this nonsense come from our board about our Russian superstar is bothersome, especially when browsing the Khudobin thread.

Swag Surf Aho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:35 PM
jstaal
go canes go

good point! In replying to taken seriously whats said out here, now , so love this signing, how soon before everyone is clamoring for cam to sit on bench... lol

Last edited by jstaal: 07-08-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: didnt mention what reply i ws refering too
jstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Carolinas Identity
In Nelson We Trust

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf Karlsson View Post
All of a sudden when Burmistrov takes part in the "Russian factor", pre-conceived notions of bad work ethic and locker room cancer arise and applies to all Russians. Coincidence? Maybe.

If you watched the same Semin that I did last year, you'd realize that his contract isn't really a problem considering that he's exactly what this team's been missing. Tlusty's an awesome compliment to that line, but you no longer hear complaints about finding Eric Staal a winger. Semin's everything you want offensively while playing smart not but spectacular defense. The only slowing down that's coming from Semin is the game when the puck is on his stick.

The "Russian factor" is very real but doesn't apply to some. Hearing this nonsense come from our board about our Russian superstar is bothersome, especially when browsing the Khudobin thread.
The only good thing about Russians, is the ability to get unpronounceable things written on your NHL jerseys.

The two currently available to Hurricanes fans atm are:

"Сёмин" & "Худобин"

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline

Semin's contract isn't a problem...at the moment.

That doesn't exclude it from becoming a problem down the line. Especially if Semin does become that "lazy, floater Semin" that apparently showed up in DC.

Hoping it doesn't happen, but certainly not disregarding the possibility.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Boom Boom Aho
Sooo Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf Karlsson View Post

I wouldn't care if Semin was Russian, Finn, Swede or Canadian. As I said, I liked what I saw last year and am glad he's signed, but am a bit nervous that he's signed at $7M / year for 5 years. I hope he's worth every penny, but it doens't change the fact that the Canes signed a guy who has 2 consecutive 54 point seasons to a $35M contract, based on a half seasons' work.

Boom Boom Aho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:38 PM
What the Faulk
Auggie

No blame for being nervous, but keep in mind that he's only about 4 months older than Eric Staal. If Eric can rebound and earn his keep, so can Semin.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:22 AM
HankClerval
Fifth Line Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinas Identity View Post
The only good thing about Russians, is the ability to get unpronounceable things written on your NHL jerseys.

The two currently available to Hurricanes fans atm are:

"Сёмин" & "Худобин"
The former of which is, of course, pronounced "Syomin". Kinda surprises me that Chuck K hasn't pushed this more.

--hank

HankClerval is online now   Reply With Quote