HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs trade Philippe Lefebvre and a 7th to Florida for George Parros

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Thats Robert Maillet a professional wrestler and actor from the province of Quebec. He is known for his tenure in the World Wrestling Federation, as a member of the Truth Commission and the Oddities, wrestling under the name Kurrgan.
He's not from Quebec he's from Bouctouche in NB. A few of my friends went to school with him, very very nice guy.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:05 AM
EveryDay

Sooooooooooooooooo happy with this trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
07-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The part people here seem to be missing is Parris should make guys like Subban Emelin White Prust Moen Bourque Tinordi better and more comnfortable. It should allow them to play a more physical "in your face" style without always having to look over their shoulder. THAT is Parros' value. Marchand plays like he is 6'3" because he has guys to protect him, our guys haven't really had that. Prust helped but having a HW goes that much further.

This isn't BGL, he'll smack somebody around even the guy won't drop the gloves if somebody is taking liberties, a true "enforcer".

Old
07-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The part people here seem to be missing is Parris should make guys like Subban Emelin White Prust Moen Bourque Tinordi better and more comnfortable. It should allow them to play a more physical "in your face" style without always having to look over their shoulder. THAT is Parros' value. Marchand plays like he is 6'3" because he has guys to protect him, our guys haven't really had that. Prust helped but having a HW goes that much further.

This isn't BGL, he'll smack somebody around even the guy won't drop the gloves if somebody is taking liberties, a true "enforcer".
Absolutely true.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Shaby23

It's Georges Laraque all over again. Do you magically think that our midgets won't get hit with him in the lineup?? If Lucic hit someone and Parros go on him and take a 5minutes and we lose the game, are you gonna be happy??? And to the people saying he is a better player than Armstrong LOLLLLLL. I know that he was terrible offensively but at least he wasn't doing any mistake that cost us goals.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:14 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
It's Georges Laraque all over again. Do you magically think that our midgets won't get hit with him in the lineup?? If Lucic hit someone and Parros go on him and take a 5minutes and we lose the game, are you gonna be happy??? And to the people saying he is a better player than Armstrong LOLLLLLL. I know that he was terrible offensively but at least he wasn't doing any mistake that cost us goals.

He's the 13th forward..... stop crying for christ sake!

Old
07-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Like somebody said not that long ago in this thread, it is a double win for us. You have to realize that Parros was not worth 1 player AND 1 pick. Habs clearly insisted for Florida to take Lefebvre so we'd have 1 more spot to sign players. There are REALLY interesting players in the dev. camp, much more interesting than Lefebvre. So we get a tough guy, and we get 1 more player due to Lefebvre being gone.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Shaby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
He's the 13th forward..... stop crying for christ sake!
Can i cry if i want???? Since when we should all agree on a signing?? I always hated heavyweight and it won't change. If this guy was soo good he would make more than that.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:21 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
As some posters have just pointed out earlier. A guy like Parros can't stop dirty plays just like police can't stop crime. But Parros can stop brawls from breaking out since the other team may not have a guy that wants to tangle with him. When we had Laraque he did not ever jump anybody but all the opponents that we faced never tried a line brawl for fear of retribution from the big guy. After Laraque was gone and we have lacked an enforcer how many teams have we gotten into tustles with and lost the brawls? Boston, Ottawa, Toronto and add to it they are laughing at Montreal after they beat them up and usually go on to win the game or series while doing it. You can bet a guy like Neil or Thornton will not laugh at our bench with parros their because unlike Laraque he'll go over and wipe that guys smile off of his face pretty quickly. He'll make the whole team tougher and less afraid.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Shaby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
As some posters have just pointed out earlier. A guy like Parros can't stop dirty plays just like police can't stop crime. But Parros can stop brawls from breaking out since the other team may not have a guy that wants to tangle with him. When we had Laraque he did not ever jump anybody but all the opponents that we faced never tried a line brawl for fear of retribution from the big guy. After Laraque was gone and we have lacked an enforcer how many teams have we gotten into tustles with and lost the brawls? Boston, Ottawa, Toronto and add to it they are laughing at Montreal after they beat them up and usually go on to win the game or series while doing it. You can bet a guy like Neil or Thornton will not laugh at our bench with parros their because unlike Laraque he'll go over and wipe that guys smile off of his face pretty quickly. He'll make the whole team tougher and less afraid.
Funny that i saw some Florida's fans saying he was completely useless and were happy to see him gone. I guess it's all speculation at this point and we won't know until the season start. But i still believe that he won't make any difference at all.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:36 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNimitz View Post
What this poster doesn't seem to understand is that it's not a question of what I want or what he wants. The decision will be made in a boardroom filled with insurers, re-insurers, underwriters, risk analysts, owners and their lawyers. And if they decide the financial risks associated with retaining fighting (and the costs of insuring against such risks) exceed the benefits from fighting, it is almost a certainty that fighting will be removed from the game. The world is far too litigious for them not to act in a defensive manner. Where all sports are taking material steps to promote safety and, in particular, to reduce the chances for head injuries, how can anyone condone an element of the sport that allows two grown men to strike each other in the head with their bare fists? And at the colossal risk of a five minute penalty. It's a form of willful blindness if not collective insanity. In twenty five years from now people will look back at us with respect to the issue of fighting in disbelief and properly view us savages. Not much different than how we now view coaches of forty years ago who actually discouraged their goalies from wearing masks.
Fighting is part of Hockey. If you don't like it, then watch Basketball.
Born in Montreal, played the game.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:52 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
Signing Parros looks like a patchwork attempt at fulfilling a concept by Bergevin.

It's "Rent-A-Goon" for $937K, a 22 year old forward who really can't play, will average around 5 mins a game and averages 1 goal and 1 assist all season. He had a -15 +/- record last year.

Obviously he is just a one year stop gap, and granted they got him for absolutely nothing, but I do think MB could have found a younger big guy who will fight but with more (at least some) talent to fill the spot. Maybe even finding a diamond in the rough that might help a bit longer, but Parros is purely a "disposable" player.
So who's they guy he was supposed to find? Why do you post such *****? Guys on this board know the league.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:56 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Like somebody said not that long ago in this thread, it is a double win for us. You have to realize that Parros was not worth 1 player AND 1 pick. Habs clearly insisted for Florida to take Lefebvre so we'd have 1 more spot to sign players. There are REALLY interesting players in the dev. camp, much more interesting than Lefebvre. So we get a tough guy, and we get 1 more player due to Lefebvre being gone.
Exactly WS. As usual. We get one more signing, and nobody will **** with Chuckie or Gally now. Zero loss, all gain.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:10 AM
bsl

Quote:
Funny that i saw some Florida's fans saying he was completely useless and were happy to see him gone. I guess it's all speculation at this point and we won't know until the season start. But i still believe that he won't make any difference at all.
Florida is a losing team going no where, except Seattle. Habs are a winning team that needs to protect our valuable youth.

It was idiotic for Florida to have Parros. It is not idiotic for Habs to have him.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Andy

Wasn't Parros on the ice this season when Gorges gave a cheap shot to a Panthers player and Parros responded by doing absolutely nothing?

I remember that pretty clearly.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Wasn't Parros on the ice this season when Gorges gave a cheap shot to a Panthers player and Parros responded by doing absolutely nothing?

Gorges' low hipcheck was on Parros.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Mats86

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPracIySyo

Old
07-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Hope he defends others better than he defends himself.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Hey for once other players went to his defense...he let that happen.

Yet, one day, this incredibly STUPID, DUMB, IDIOTIC idea that you have to fight a guy who gave you a freakin CLEAN check, will dissapear for good.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:27 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
So who's they guy he was supposed to find? Why do you post such *****? Guys on this board know the league.
Have a look at the Habs development camp roster there you will find your answer. The guy that's 6'5" and 228 lbs. exactly Parros's measurements "Guess Who?" The Habs newest PWF in the making expected to be 250 lbs when he joins the Habs in two years.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Hope he defends others better than he defends himself.
Tell me you are not serious here. He always comes to his teamates defense. Besides, he was not going to pound on Gorges.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Tell me you are not serious here. He always comes to his teamates defense.
I'm not actually. Just having fun with all of you. That being said, I expect Parros to be a flop.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Shaby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Florida is a losing team going no where, except Seattle. Habs are a winning team that needs to protect our valuable youth.

It was idiotic for Florida to have Parros. It is not idiotic for Habs to have him.
Most ridiculous statement i've ever heard.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post

Parros should be better than BGL in that regard, but you still want him on the bench for all but 3 minutes, meaning there's only so much he can "protect" everyone else. Once again the Bruins comparison doesn't work because the Bruins have some big hulking fighter on the ice at almost all times.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I'm not actually. Just having fun with all of you. That being said, I expect Parros to be a flop.
If so...it will be a one-year flop. Probably the softest flop of them all. Yet, like I said, Prust is happy to not have to take everybody else so he'd play more hockey. Other players are happy, feel like they are more protected. And we gained 1 more contract by sending Lefebvre out. And add the moral victory aspect, we might win some fights along the way. Honestly....I'd like flops like that.

Closed Thread