Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

IV. 2013 Offseason Thread: The Russian Standard

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2013, 05:14 PM
bug

vCash: 500
According to @TheFourthPeriod - MTL may look to add to their top 4 via trade ...

What are your thoughts on flipping Daley for Jarred Tinordi? Seems to be in a similar situation to Oleksiak, big man who needs a year or so in the AHL to develop his game. We would probably need to add to this seeing as he was a 2010 first rounder, but Daley is locked up to a great contract.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
According to @TheFourthPeriod - MTL may look to add to their top 4 via trade ...

What are your thoughts on flipping Daley for Jarred Tinordi? Seems to be in a similar situation to Oleksiak, big man who needs a year or so in the AHL to develop his game. We would probably need to add to this seeing as he was a 2010 first rounder, but Daley is locked up to a great contract.
That doesn't make us any better. I actually think we are in good shape unless we want to clear space via Rome or Fiddler. Definitely no to adding to Daley for something either.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Absolutely not. Tinordi has ZERO offensive talent. He's a lost cause when he touches the puck. He's a poor skater as well. He's got Hall Gill with less offense upside.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Troy McClure

I'm only for acquiring Jarred Tinordi if the Stars also trade for Sam Gagner.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand New Stars View Post
I would really question Nill if that happened.
Why? This team absolutely needs another right wing. As it stands now, our top two RWs are both rookies, Nichushkin and Chaisson. We can not go into next season with two rookies on our top six wing.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Why? This team absolutely needs another right wing. As it stands now, our top two RWs are both rookies, Nichushkin and Chaisson. We can not go into next season with two rookies on our top six wing.
He was pretty bad for Boston and I just don't like the guy. Absolutely we can go into next season with 2 rookie RW's. Dallas isn't winning the Cup so it'd just be great experience and opportunities for both of them.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:47 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
So it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post

Beaulieu, maybe.

Tinordi, no. He's several tiers below Oleksiak and would be too redundant here. Also nowhere near worth Daley.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
He was pretty bad for Boston and I just don't like the guy. Absolutely we can go into next season with 2 rookie RW's. Dallas isn't winning the Cup so it'd just be great experience and opportunities for both of them.
Those are awful reasons. Jagr was a bad fit for Boston, that has more to do with why he didn't produce than anything. You don't like the guy? So what. I don't just dislike Seguin, I hate Seguin, so that means I should think we should get rid of him?

It's a poor plan to go into a reason with two rookies in a top 6 position. Edmonton didn't plan on winning a cup either but at least winning would help develop the team. Losing doesn't help.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Beaulieu, maybe.

Tinordi, no. He's several tiers below Oleksiak and would be too redundant here. Also nowhere near worth Daley.
Beaulieu has really poor hockey sense. Not sure he's got much upside given that. Just makes boneheaded plays, in his own end and in the other teams. Doesn't have a quick mind.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Those are awful reasons. Jagr was a bad fit for Boston, that has more to do with why he didn't produce than anything. You don't like the guy? So what. I don't just dislike Seguin, I hate Seguin, so that means I should think we should get rid of him?

It's a poor plan to go into a reason with two rookies in a top 6 position. Edmonton didn't plan on winning a cup either but at least winning would help develop the team. Losing doesn't help.
Yeah, let's compare a 21 year old potential franchise center with a 41 year old at the very end of his career. That's sound reasoning.

Jagr isn't the difference between being like Edmonton and being a "winning" team. For Edmonton, just about every one of those players are at the beginning of their careers. Dallas already has plenty of veterans mixed in. The situations couldn't be more different.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:59 PM
________

vCash: 234
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch 30m
Murray says he needs another defenceman and that is what he is looking at. #Sens
Not sure if Ottawa's looking for a defenseman on the trade market or in free agency. In the past they were interested in Robidas.

Old
07-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Beaulieu has really poor hockey sense. Not sure he's got much upside given that. Just makes boneheaded plays, in his own end and in the other teams. Doesn't have a quick mind.
If Montreal is crazy enough to offer Nathan Beaulieu, I hope Dallas takes it and runs. He's their top defensive prospect and the guy is going to be a good offensive D-Man. He needs to be better in his own zone, but he's only 20 years old. There is plenty of time for him to get better. In addition, he fits with the same age group that Nill is trying to establish.

If we get Beaulieu that could make Goligoski expendable. However, I don't see Montreal trading him.

Old
07-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Clardz

Quote:
Those are awful reasons. Jagr was a bad fit for Boston, that has more to do with why he didn't produce than anything.
Exactly. As they pointed out on Marek vs Wyshynski on several occasions, Boston is a north-south team and Jagr is an east-west player. Boston didn't have a line that he was a good fit on. People seem to forget that he put up some good numbers in his short time here. Ruff has talked about an emphasis on puck posession and that's Jagr's specialty. Also with all the young guys, his work ethic sets a great example. I doubt they'll bring him back but I'd be thrilled if they did

Old
07-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Troy McClure

No thanks on Jagr. Her served his purpose. He helped the team hit the cap floor, he sold a bunch of jerseys, and he made it look like the team was trying to be proactive. But that's where his usefulness ends.

With the D the way it is, the team may still struggle to make the playoffs. Jagr won't change that; he sure didn't this season. Might as well roll with the two rookies on RW. Playing time can only help them.

Plus, I'm worried about how Jagr holds up over the course of 82 games. He was fine for 30 or so, but he fell off after that. In the playoffs against good teams, he was downright slow.

Old
07-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Yeah, let's compare a 21 year old potential franchise center with a 41 year old at the very end of his career. That's sound reasoning.

Jagr isn't the difference between being like Edmonton and being a "winning" team. For Edmonton, just about every one of those players are at the beginning of their careers. Dallas already has plenty of veterans mixed in. The situations couldn't be more different.
You're not even addressing what I said, you're just rambling. One of the reasons you gave for not wanting Jagr is you don't like him. Well I don't like Seguin, so that means I should not want him? Not liking is an awful reason for not wanting a player if that player could help your team for free (No assets moved).

Your second point is just as bad. You took my example of Edmonton, who while not contending was set up to be a winning team, but didn't. Winning as in just making a playoff spot and competing hard would have contributed positively to the development of the team. I doubt they cared they weren't ready to compete yet, they wanted to win and perform well.

Dallas is in a similar situation to Dallas, and Jagr gives us experience in our top six that we would have none of on the right side. Jagr also makes this team better, and it allows Chaisson to continue to get sheltered minutes.

Old
07-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Brand New Stars

Lol, I addressed each point you made. Huge difference between not wanting a player because I don't like them that is 41 and provides nothing beyond maybe this season (if he could even be effective) and you not liking the guy who could be our legit #1 center for a decade.

And no, clearly Edmonton didn't want to compete. They were just fine collecting top draft picks hoping that would translate into what Pittsburgh and Chicago have done.

"Your points are terrible!" Look, I can do it too.

Old
07-05-2013, 06:38 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
So it goes.

We have enough players who would prefer to keep the puck than pass already. We sure as hell don't need another one.

Old
07-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Don't want Jagr back either. It was great seeing him play in Dallas and we got Jason Dickinson because of him, but his stint is over. Besides, Nill seems to believe that Chiasson is ready for a top 6 role.

Old
07-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Phil Connors*

No to Jagr.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:13 PM
SolidusAKA

Anyone interested in Iginla? I think he wants to go to a contender though

Old
07-05-2013, 07:15 PM
chirrrs

Ryder signed at 2yr/7M with NJ. Heck, I would have been fine giving him 2/9 if it made the difference. Maybe he wouldn't come here anyway.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:20 PM
TrillMike

No thanks on Jagr. Didn't like the way the young guys always felt the need to get him the puck.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:21 PM
PezRadar
Peverley #1 Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusAKA View Post
Anyone interested in Iginla? I think he wants to go to a contender though
I'd take Iginla. I'd also take Brunner. :X

Old
07-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Phil Connors*

Setoguchi for a 2nd round pick.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:28 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirrrs View Post
Ryder signed at 2yr/7M with NJ. Heck, I would have been fine giving him 2/9 if it made the difference. Maybe he wouldn't come here anyway.
For real. So much for trading him because we couldn't afford to re-sign him. He just have really tanked his value during the playoffs with MTL.

Closed Thread