HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Saga: Deal is sealed (Read post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2013, 05:31 PM
letsgoavs1921

vCash: 500
We'll see. I'm nervous.

I hope I'm wrong and they don't even come close

Old
07-10-2013, 05:50 PM
kihekah19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoavs1921 View Post
We'll see. I'm nervous.

Yes, you are noticably nervous.

Old
07-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Mossy

Someone should go make sure the people helping dont speak French.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:13 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
Someone should go make sure the people helping dont speak French.
I'm willing to cuss them in French if it helps.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:16 PM
XX
It's finally over

Quote:
Rev. Jarrett Maupin ‏@ReverendMaupin 30 Minutes ago
Pending lawsuit, requests for investigations, financial backing uncertain, referendum full-steam ahead #Glendale #Coyotes #AZ #NoDeal #Sorry
Quote:
Rev. Jarrett Maupin ‏@ReverendMaupin 20m
#Glendale City Hall 2mro@ 10AM, Press Conference. Talking referendum, AG letter/investigation, Wall Street initiative, #Coyotes #NODEAL #AZ

Old
07-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Howler Scores

vCash: 967
Stand up guy

Former mayoral candidate Maupin arrested

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...st1120-ON.html

Old
07-10-2013, 10:07 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebranded Fan View Post
Stand up guy

Yeah, he was on the school board for my district. Until he got arrested. Good riddance, he's got a big mouth without the morals.

Old
07-10-2013, 10:10 PM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

Quote:
Stand up guy

Maybe one of the 5 people in attendance can ask about his criminal history?

Old
07-10-2013, 10:10 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

I always love the "Pending Lawsuit" style comments. Just file the lawsuit if you think you have grounds to do so.

No clue what "Wall Street Initiative" means in regards to the Coyotes.

Old
07-10-2013, 10:14 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Stand up guy

Some personal stuff: as I mentioned during last Tuesday's CoG meeting, I was classmates in high school with Maupin for a year before he transferred. Very polarizing and controversial figure on campus, always quick to play the race card - in jazz band he once mused aloud that pianos were racist because there were more white keys then black.

He's a political opportunist in all the worst senses. I don't underestimate his ability to galvanize, as he's very good at public speaking. But he's a charlatan if I ever met one.

Old
07-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Mosby
Howl On

Is this something we should be concerned about, or a long shot at best?

Old
07-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Desert Ice 11
;)

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoavs1921 View Post
We'll see. I'm nervous.

I haven't seen any facts or sources from this individual. I saw a link earlier but nothing else. Of course I did not click the link because I have no clue who this person is or their credentials.

I wish I could rename you to Chicken Little.."The sky is falling the sky is falling!" .... or maybe you are up to a scam...I know fear is a great tool to get people to make quick irrational decisions like send money to a unknown person.

Also, why would your "friend" give us a way to defeat Jones if they are helping Jones?

Either way I don't think I like yo letsgoavs1921.. you give me an uncomfortable slimy feeling.

Old
07-10-2013, 10:46 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

yeah, he's a great guy:
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/relat...arrett+Maupin/

Oh, and..."UPDATE (April 28, 2009): Rev. Jarrett Maupin Jr. has resigned from the Phoenix Union High School District Board as part of a plea agreement in U.S. District Court after being arrested for giving false information to the FBI. In exchange for his plea, he will not be prosecuted for other crimes, for which he is paying restitution to victims."

So there is plenty of criminal smoke, it would seem.

Old
07-11-2013, 12:52 AM
rt
DingDongTippIsGone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Some personal stuff: as I mentioned during last Tuesday's CoG meeting, I was classmates in high school with Maupin for a year before he transferred. Very polarizing and controversial figure on campus, always quick to play the race card - in jazz band he once mused aloud that pianos were racist because there were more white keys then black.

He's a political opportunist in all the worst senses. I don't underestimate his ability to galvanize, as he's very good at public speaking. But he's a charlatan if I ever met one.
I want to quote this for emphasis. I'd like to continue quoting it for emphasis as this silliness unfolds in the coming weeks.

07-11-2013, 12:55 AM
rt
DingDongTippIsGone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
yeah, he's a great guy:
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/relat...arrett+Maupin/

Oh, and..."UPDATE (April 28, 2009): Rev. Jarrett Maupin Jr. has resigned from the Phoenix Union High School District Board as part of a plea agreement in U.S. District Court after being arrested for giving false information to the FBI. In exchange for his plea, he will not be prosecuted for other crimes, for which he is paying restitution to victims."

So there is plenty of criminal smoke, it would seem.
All of those articles are hilarious. What a moron.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:22 AM
vtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
in a city of 225,000.
You have to be a registered voter for your signature to count. Just before the last primary Glendale only had 106,725 registered voters. A number of availability factors will cut into that number even more so. The last attempt only succeeded at getting a little over 1,500 signatures.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:33 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
All of those articles are hilarious. What a moron.
But he's a moron with followers, rt.

All it takes is for him to get his minions out collecting enough signatures to push the lease ordinance to a general election to throw a wrench into the entire works.

There's no doubt in my mind that Maupin is in this for the publicity more than anything. But people like Norma Alvarez [rumor has it she's involved too] and Ken Jones don't care who they jump in bed with as long as they get the result they want.

Old
07-11-2013, 09:43 AM
letsgoavs1921

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan11 View Post
I haven't seen any facts or sources from this individual. I saw a link earlier but nothing else. Of course I did not click the link because I have no clue who this person is or their credentials.

I wish I could rename you to Chicken Little.."The sky is falling the sky is falling!" .... or maybe you are up to a scam...I know fear is a great tool to get people to make quick irrational decisions like send money to a unknown person.

Also, why would your "friend" give us a way to defeat Jones if they are helping Jones?

Either way I don't think I like yo letsgoavs1921.. you give me an uncomfortable slimy feeling.
Um, what? My friend is part of the group that is trying to stop Jones.

Old
07-11-2013, 10:46 AM
DowntownBooster

Quote:
Jokinen was on his way out of the NHL. 14 points for $4.5 million dollars? At that rate, yeah, stick to the draft.

Making money off of desperate and eager fans is not the same thing as spending it on the product.

You keep parroting the lines fed to you by upper management. Where are the new contracts for Bogosian, Little, and Wheeler? Why have the Jets explored trading Kane if they are building through the draft? Why are the Jets forced to trade for players already under contract like Frolik and Setoguchi when equivalent players are freely available (and to this day not signed) on the open market? Is Noel going to have to answer for chasing away Burmistrov?
Olli Jokinen was an example of the Jets signing a free agent at a competitive salary. Iím sure management expected a lot more from Olli but at least it was a short term deal.

Bogosian, Little and Wheeler will be signed (it is only early July). The Jets exploring trade options for Kane is prudent as itís always a good idea to keep all options open to improve the team. Kane was not drafted by Winnipeg but a carryover from when the franchise was acquired from Atlanta. I am happy that they kept Kane as he is one of my favorite players. Frolik and Setoguchi are in the final year of their respective contracts and Iím sure an effort will be made to re-sign them if they provide positive results during the upcoming season. Noelís fate will be determined by how the team is positioned at seasonís end. Burmistrov has a lot of potential and I definitely hope to see him back in the future.

Old
07-11-2013, 10:50 AM
letsgoavs1921

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan11 View Post

And what is your problem? I've been to multiple council meetings in support of the Coyotes. I drive 40 minutes several times a year to go to a game. I want the team to stay but figured I should let you all know what someone with more info than us is saying about the referendum effort. So whatever reason you have to not like me is not justified.

Old
07-11-2013, 10:58 AM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

And...GWI will be MIA this time around. Huzzah! http://goldwaterinstitute.org/blog/s...anagement-deal

Quote:
Based on the information available to us at this time, we do not believe that the Glendale arena management deal would be held unconstitutional. Changes made to the agreement during the course of negotiations partially bridged the gap between the market cost of arena management and the amount of the payment to the team owner, thus bringing the deal into conformity with cases interpreting the Gift Clause of the Arizona Constitution.

Old
07-11-2013, 11:04 AM
letsgoavs1921

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
And...GWI will be MIA this time around. Huzzah! http://goldwaterinstitute.org/blog/s...anagement-deal
Yes!

Old
07-11-2013, 11:09 AM
XX
It's finally over

They didn't challenge the $25m payment straight to the NHL. So why would we expect them to jump on this lease? The referendum is all that matters.

Old
07-11-2013, 11:28 AM
DowntownBooster

Quote:
Rich owner doesn't mean spending to the cap each year. Not when you've got the smallest arena in the league currently.
Not sure what the issue is with the arena in Winnipeg. The MTS Centre generates $ 1.3 million per game in ticket sales which places it pretty high in relation to other NHL teams. The size of the building is good for our market. If anything, I would say that a lot of teams play in arenas that are too large for their markets. If you have fewer seats available you create more of a demand for tickets. There are only a few markets (Montreal, Toronto and Chicago) that require buildings as large as the ones they have. Too many teams play in buildings of 18 or 19 thousand when there isnít the demand to fill the seats to capacity. As a result, the teams in those locations have to reduce ticket prices or provide freebies to entice people to come to the games. More teams would benefit if they played in smaller buildings. I think the Islanders will do well when they move to Brooklyn with a smaller seating capacity than they had at Nassau Coliseum.

Old
07-11-2013, 11:39 AM
kihekah19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownBooster View Post
I think the Islanders will do well when they move to Brooklyn with a smaller seating capacity than they had at Nassau Coliseum.

Without even looking, I'd be willing to wager that the Islanders attendance looked pretty good in the 80"s.

Closed Thread