Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy - Part III

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
CDJ

vCash: 500
People want to take Blake the Fake over Marchand?

Suit yourself guys, I'll just take Marchand and win.

Old
08-04-2013, 06:12 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
People want to take Blake the Fake over Marchand?

Suit yourself guys, I'll just take Marchand and win.
sayin Blake`s not a winner??? Um...er...wait....

I like the guy, seems to have gotten the offsides issue and in general mind cramp hockey out of his system, but some here make it sound like the guy was a steal for the Jets.

Met some real nice folks from the Peg at the restaurant last night, Jets season tix holders and and while they too like Wheels, they are sincerely worried that Mngt has locked up a core who`s made exactly zero playoff appearances while adding next to nothing

Old
08-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
sayin Blake`s not a winner??? Um...er...wait....

I like the guy, seems to have gotten the offsides issue and in general mind cramp hockey out of his system, but some here make it sound like the guy was a steal for the Jets.

Met some real nice folks from the Peg at the restaurant last night, Jets season tix holders and and while they too like Wheels, they are sincerely worried that Mngt has locked up a core who`s made exactly zero playoff appearances while adding next to nothing

Our first line winger at the time agrees that it was a steal. Not for Atlanta/Winnipeg, though.

At the end of the day, we won a Cup, Peverley was a major part of it, Wheeler has been dynamite for the Jets. Win/Win.

Old
08-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Shaun
twitter:shaunjamesss

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 6s
Jamie Tardif signed with the Sabres. 1 year / $550 000 (2 way)

Old
08-05-2013, 08:30 AM
MioneRask134
Queen in the North

Hope he gets a shot with them. He played extremely well down in Prov. And the short time he was called up, he was pretty good. He was making sure to hit everything in sight and always seemed to be behind the net. Seemed like a decent guy too.

Old
08-08-2013, 01:50 PM
BergyWho37

Just wanted to bring this up. I might sound greedy and do love the way our roster looks on paper but does anyone think we have a chance to sign Teemu Selanne ?

Probably will sign with Ducks but I wonder if he would like a good run at the cup before he retires

Old
08-08-2013, 02:51 PM
CanadianBruinsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
Just wanted to bring this up. I might sound greedy and do love the way our roster looks on paper but does anyone think we have a chance to sign Teemu Selanne ?

Probably will sign with Ducks but I wonder if he would like a good run at the cup before he retires
No place for Selanne. Top 2 lines are full and he's too one dimensional and slow for the lower 2. Plus they can't afford it. They have to get creative as it is just to fit what they have under the cap.

He already has a Cup anyway. At this point I think he's happy to just collect a couple million and play hockey in SoCal until he can't anymore.

Old
08-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Ogrim

Quote:
Adam Kaufman ‏@AdamMKaufman 20m
BREAKING: Bill Zito (Tuukka Rask's agent) is leaving Acme World Sports to become the assistant GM of Columbus Blue Jackets (@BlueJacketsNHL)
Maybe a little OT ..

Columbus are making some interesting choices lately. I like what they have going on.

Old
08-12-2013, 01:46 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

"@ESPNJoeyMac: Shawn Thornton: I like where our teams at. On paper it looks great, but we have to perform, still. Im excited about the upcoming year.

""@ESPNJoeyMac: Rask: "We didn't even play our best hockey last year and we still reached the finals."

"@ESPNJoeyMac: Shawn Thornton: "I hate losing more than anyone and last year stung and that will stick with me, for sure ."

Old
08-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Shaun

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov 1m
Russian parents and interviews. Geno's dad tells SovSport Dallas offered Malkin a bigger contract than the #Pens, but he stayed.

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov 26s
More from Geno's dad: "Son said 'If I were ever to leave Pittsburgh, I would go to the Rangers or the Canadiens.'" (Via SovSport)

Woah

Old
08-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Russian parents and interviews. Geno's dad tells SovSport Dallas offered Malkin a bigger contract than the #Pens, but he stayed.

More from Geno's dad: "Son said 'If I were ever to leave Pittsburgh, I would go to the Rangers or the Canadiens.'" (Via SovSport)

Woah
Horse crap

Malkin signed his second contract with one year remaining on his ELC. Signed his last extension with one year remaining on his contract. Malkin was never a free agent. If that story has any truth to it whatsoever expect the Pens to file tampering charges yesterday.

Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano 4m
@dchesnokov When did #Stars offer Malkin more money? I don't recall Malkin ever not being under contract with #Pens. Is that not tampering ?

Old
08-12-2013, 06:13 PM
CanadianBruinsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post

Woah
Second tweet entirely plausible, first one is technically possible that they would verbally offer him money in the case he's a FA, but doesn't make sense because you can't sign deals when you still have one with your old team... plus that's blatant tampering.

Old
08-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom - OHL View Post
Horse crap

Malkin signed his second contract with one year remaining on his ELC. Signed his last extension with one year remaining on his contract. Malkin was never a free agent. If that story has any truth to it whatsoever expect the Pens to file tampering charges yesterday.

@dchesnokov When did #Stars offer Malkin more money? I don't recall Malkin ever not being under contract with #Pens. Is that not tampering ?
Thats why I was so surprised considering he was still under contract. I think Mr. Malkin misunderstood the question.

Old
08-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Horse crap

Dom, is this Chesnokov fella credible to your knowledge?

This just seems so blatant and overt, and especially for such a high profile player, that I have to wonder if something was lost in translation and that we don't have a Sedins/Wilson type situation brewing.

Old
08-12-2013, 06:51 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post

This just seems so blatant and overt, and especially for such a high profile player, that I have to wonder if something was lost in translation and that we don't have a Sedins/Wilson type situation brewing.
He writes for Puck Daddy and TSN, he wouldn't be making this up. More likely the father just rambling and talking **** like fathers are known to do.

Old
08-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post

Reputable, yes.

But he was quoting an article from a not so reputable source. The article is in Russian, Malkin's father is Russian and so is Chesnokov. I doubt anything was lost in translation

Old
08-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Reputable, yes.

But he was quoting an article from a not so reputable source. The article is in Russian, Malkin's father is Russian and so is Chesnokov. I doubt anything was lost in translation
Gotcha. Thank you. I suppose we'll wait and see if this has any legs and starts showing up elsewhere.

I'd also suspect these kind of situations happen more frequently than we know about, and since everyone does it to a certain degree, no one really wants to say quite anything unless it's terribly egregious...but that's just my opinion.

At worst, it's information that's sure to get Montreal fans all aflutter with false hope and glee. That's always fun during the slow part of the off-season.

Old
08-22-2013, 02:07 PM
BoyntBergie

Doug Murray to the Habs, 1 year for $1.5m.

Not a bad signing. Habs have undergone quite a facelift in the last couple of seasons. For better or worse remains to be seen but much different composition to their team than in recent seasons. They're actually somewhat tough, on paper at least.

Old
08-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Doug Murray to the Habs, 1 year for $1.5m.

Not a bad signing. Habs have undergone quite a facelift in the last couple of seasons. For better or worse remains to be seen but much different composition to their team than in recent seasons. They're actually somewhat tough, on paper at least.
Great signing for them.

I don't know what they're doing exactly. But I think we'll see a more competitive team to hate.

Old
08-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Colt.45Orr

The Habs have a group of really punishing hitters on the backline. Murray is the only guy that will hurt you even if you see him coming --the other 2 get really brave when they have someone with his head down.

Old
08-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
The Habs have a group of really punishing hitters on the backline. Murray is the only guy that will hurt you even if you see him coming --the other 2 get really brave when they have someone with his head down.
Getting hit by Murray these days is like getting run over by a glacier.

Grabowski to the Caps, one year, per A. Ward.

Old
08-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

This James Duthie tweet extravaganza about Luongo is FASCINATING.

Old
08-23-2013, 11:19 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Glad the Habs just got slower on the back end. Good for us, Murray sucked in the playoffs too.

Old
08-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Montreal keeps making their team worse by signing tough guys who are either washed up or have no talent at all. Murray in his prime was a great player but the last few seasons have been pretty meh.

I am Boston Strong

Closed Thread