HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Marlies Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2013, 11:34 PM
LeafOfBread

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Ranger needs to sit and regroup.
Quote:
Ranger has been making bad decisions and really seems to lack any sort of speed to his game. He's 29, anyone really think he's got a lot of upside to him now?
What a joke. Ranger was great the last two games and wasn't on for any goals against. He finished tonight with a +1 rating, 22 minutes of ice time, and spent almost 4 minutes on the PK.

Old
10-13-2013, 12:13 AM
ULF_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
What a joke. Ranger was great the last two games and wasn't on for any goals against. He finished tonight with a +1 rating, 22 minutes of ice time, and spent almost 4 minutes on the PK.
Well if you just want look at stats and not the film, then he's was obviously the Leafs #2 d-man.

Last game was a shut-out, no defender had a goal scored against them.

The New York Rangers are the most valuable NHL franchise at $1.2 billion, taking the top spot on the Forbes list for the first time since 2004.

The magazine said Tuesday that Montreal is second at $1.18 billion, followed by Toronto at $1.15 billion.
Old
10-13-2013, 12:27 AM
ChrisCall

Quote:
Ranger has been making bad decisions and really seems to lack any sort of speed to his game. He's 29, anyone really think he's got a lot of upside to him now?
Ranger has been better every game he has played. Average of 20 minutes a game and +2 so far. I'm happy to see how it plays out.. especially after how much he dominated the AHL last year.

Percy though ... Percy is looking so good (Brennan too).

Old
10-13-2013, 12:29 AM
LeafOfBread

Quote:
Well if you just want look at stats and not the film, then he's was obviously the Leafs #2 d-man.

Last game was a shut-out, no defender had a goal scored against them.
Except I watched him very carefully as well and he made a lot of smart defensive plays and had good positioning, not to mention he's been great along the boards using his size and strength.

Edmonton scored 5 today and he wasn't on for any of them.

Old
10-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Quote:
I wouldn't say great but it's a lot better than his first few games. He's settled down a bit. Gardiner too.

Old
10-13-2013, 11:33 AM
ULF_55

Quote:
Except I watched him very carefully as well and he made a lot of smart defensive plays and had good positioning, not to mention he's been great along the boards using his size and strength.

Okay, I'll concede he played better than Franson and Rielly. His skating has to improve and his pinching has to get better. Last night showed Bernier isn't going to bail the team out every game. I think Ranger is more a media story than a hockey story. Check out how bad the Lightning were when he was getting all those minutes. Based on the hype you'd have thought he was leading the NJ Devils during their heyday.

He's 29 and would love to see him turn into a top 4 defender on a good team, I just don't expect it.

Phaneuf and Gunnarsson were out for the 5-3, so I don't hold that against them for having a goal scored.

Old
10-14-2013, 11:25 AM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

I just looked into Marlie tickets. $40 for Upper Bowl seats. You gotta be kidding me. I know their upper bowl is probably only 20 seats back, but it's still over priced. For that cost I'd probably get real estate with my tickets in FLA. I'm sure they don't sell out in Ricoh.

Does anyone know of ways to get discounted tickets. I know they go on sale for the Bulldogs in Hamilton.

Old
10-14-2013, 11:34 AM
WhatASaveDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
I just looked into Marlie tickets. $40 for Upper Bowl seats. You gotta be kidding me. I know their upper bowl is probably only 20 seats back, but it's still over priced. For that cost I'd probably get real estate with my tickets in FLA. I'm sure they don't sell out in Ricoh.

Does anyone know of ways to get discounted tickets. I know they go on sale for the Bulldogs in Hamilton.
Buy 10 dollar seats and just walk down, works like a charm

Old
10-14-2013, 03:49 PM
ChrisCall

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
Buy 10 dollar seats and just walk down, works like a charm
This. Very seriously the case. People in Toronto sadly don't give a **** about the Marlies. I was at the round 2 playoff game last spring and there were barely 1,000 people in the stands. Even in a more crowded game, it's rarely sold out, EVER. Just get the $10 standing room ticket and find an empty seat.

Unlike the ACC, there's no security at each entry way. You can mostly have your way around the arena.

Old
10-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Patience

I watch the game from standing room up top. It's a great overall view of the game. I've noticed a lot of scouts watch the games from up there.

There are many seating sections at the Ricoh less than $40.

Old
10-14-2013, 09:36 PM
horner

Quote:

Iam not to sure what game ULF was looking at

I agree with you Rangers game has been getting better and better
I thought he was one of our better Dman.

WOW

Keep Doing what you are doing Ranger

Old
10-17-2013, 03:14 PM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post

I used to live walking distance from Ricoh. Just go over 5 mins before puck drop and by $14 seats and sit wherever the hell you want.

Old
10-17-2013, 08:33 PM
IceCapsFanNL

St. John's IceCaps / TML fan coming in peace.

I don't get how in a city the size of T.O. that the Marlies don't sell out every night. I just don't.

How many seats go for $40 ? That seems steep.

With the exception of two token rows at the top of MileOne, All our seats go for about $27 a pop fees in. If I lived in T.O I doubt I could front the price of a TML game more that once every year or so, but I'd be all over the Marlies.

BTW Marlies looked good last weekend.

Good luck to the Marlies, (except when they play the Caps)

Old
10-17-2013, 10:51 PM
S2S
6-8-5-13

Yes they are overpriced by AHL standards, but just buy a cheaper one and move around. Not a bad seat in the house.

As for attendance, ya you'd think they should sell out, but its a Leaf town. Though last season they did a lot better, with the lockout helping. Last season they were 9th in the league with an average of 6681, close to 1000 over league average. 2011-2012 they were at 5480 and 4694 in 2010-2011. Before that from their infancy in 2005-2006 until 2009-2010 they were always between 3700 and 4400. So they have really improved.

Playoffs have been interesting, last season was in only in the 4000s, but you gotta wonder if it conflicted with the Leafs playoffs at that point. In the 2012 during the Calder Cup year they average 7000 which is really good, way better than the 2700 they averaged in 2008 when they made the final 4.

Game 3 and 4 of the Calder Cup both listed at 8,084 which likely means they were sold out. They have really improved the last few years, I'm sure a mix of better marketing and the Leafs having better prospects playing for them.

Back in the day you had your odd prospect (Colaiacovo, White, Tlutsy, Pogge) mixed with tons of veterans going nowhere or some who get a cup of coffee (Pohl, Johnny Malkin). The last few years it seems the core of the team were quality Leaf prospects.

Old
10-18-2013, 06:47 AM
Joey Hoser

So... did they cancel the Marlies or what? Why no games?

Old
10-18-2013, 07:37 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post

Yes they are overpriced by AHL standards, but just buy a cheaper one and move around. Not a bad seat in the house.

As for attendance, ya you'd think they should sell out, but its a Leaf town. Though last season they did a lot better, with the lockout helping. Last season they were 9th in the league with an average of 6681, close to 1000 over league average. 2011-2012 they were at 5480 and 4694 in 2010-2011. Before that from their infancy in 2005-2006 until 2009-2010 they were always between 3700 and 4400. So they have really improved.

Playoffs have been interesting, last season was in only in the 4000s, but you gotta wonder if it conflicted with the Leafs playoffs at that point. In the 2012 during the Calder Cup year they average 7000 which is really good, way better than the 2700 they averaged in 2008 when they made the final 4.

Game 3 and 4 of the Calder Cup both listed at 8,084 which likely means they were sold out. They have really improved the last few years, I'm sure a mix of better marketing and the Leafs having better prospects playing for them.

Back in the day you had your odd prospect (Colaiacovo, White, Tlutsy, Pogge) mixed with tons of veterans going nowhere or some who get a cup of coffee (Pohl, Johnny Malkin). The last few years it seems the core of the team were quality Leaf prospects.
Thats a lot more than I thought. You'd think they would drop the prices to fill the barn.

Old
10-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Number13

So I keep hearing all this talk about making room for Rielly to stay on the big club, but it's getting hard to ignore TJ Brennan's work with the Marlies. This guy deserves to be in the NHL. 10 points in 3 games!! I mean if we're gonna be a team that preaches the best players play, then we need to give this guy a game. At only 24 years old, he should be considered one of the better prospects in our system right now. Ulmer did a little write up on his hot start:http://blog.mapleleafs.com/marlies-d...-for-the-ages/

Old
10-18-2013, 06:18 PM
S2S
6-8-5-13

1-0 Amerks only 9 seconds in, Sparks getting the nod tonight.

Old
10-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Geez, AHL broadcasts are so bad.

Yikes Sparks looking shaky.

Old
10-18-2013, 06:56 PM
ULF_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Geez, AHL broadcasts are so bad.

Yikes Sparks looking shaky.
Toronto outshoot Rochester, 15 to 8.

8 shots from Brenna, McLeod, Smithson
7 from everyone else

Goals: Luke Adam 23, Dan Catenacci 20

Old
10-18-2013, 07:55 PM
sommervr

Gah Marlies this year are a bunch of good defencemen and a bunch of rugby scrum forwards. All the points are coming from the D.

Liles is way too good for this league. I wouldn't send Leivo back nobody here for him to play with. He would probably get hit by a puck in the rugby scrum.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:20 PM
William Hylander
There can be only 1

vCash: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
So I keep hearing all this talk about making room for Rielly to stay on the big club, but it's getting hard to ignore TJ Brennan's work with the Marlies. This guy deserves to be in the NHL. 10 points in 3 games!! I mean if we're gonna be a team that preaches the best players play, then we need to give this guy a game. At only 24 years old, he should be considered one of the better prospects in our system right now. Ulmer did a little write up on his hot start:http://blog.mapleleafs.com/marlies-d...-for-the-ages/
This is something we need to sit on for a bit. But this is becoming weird, we are getting some diamonds in the rough in the AHL with Ranger, Fraser, Kostka, Brennan.

The Marlies must really be a selling point to alot of good AHLers. Lets hope they keep up the reputation of being a road to the leafs, we can continue to get some good players on the AHL roster.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:20 PM
ULF_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommervr View Post
Gah Marlies this year are a bunch of good defencemen and a bunch of rugby scrum forwards. All the points are coming from the D.

Liles is way too good for this league. I wouldn't send Leivo back nobody here for him to play with. He would probably get hit by a puck in the rugby scrum.
Too early to know, but cupboard looks pretty bare of top 6 forwards.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:22 PM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet Kadri View Post
This is something we need to sit on for a bit. But this is becoming weird, we are getting some diamonds in the rough in the AHL with Ranger, Fraser, Kostka, Brennan.

The Marlies must really be a selling point to alot of good AHLers. Lets hope they keep up the reputation of being a road to the leafs, we can continue to get some good players on the AHL roster.
Remember that the Marlies play in the same town as the big club, and train at the same facility

I remember watching a Burke speech as a college, and he was talking about how when he convinced Marcel Mueller to come to Toronto, one of the selling points was that he would likely start with the Marlies, and unlike almost every other NHL club, both Toronto teams are in the same city.

The issue of getting an apartment doesnt come up.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:25 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Marlies losing 4-1, but outshooting them 31-21.

Corsi >>>

Closed Thread