HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stop being so negative !

Old
07-06-2013, 08:16 AM
habsroom

vCash: 500
Stop being so negative !

We have a good young roster that includes a norris trophy winner,an all star goalie and an future elite #1 centre not to mention some young skilled wingers and some young defensemen with top pairing talent.

We have a great group of prospects from a top goalie to a group of defensemen that should play in the nhl to a forward group that has skill and size. Plus we have all our draft picks for next years draft.

This team will have success this year and for many years to follow. The roster looks good to me plus we have about 4 million if we want to pick up another player now or maybe 2 players at the trade deadline.we have added toughness to the team in parros/prust/tinordi/moen/white.yes we have some small forwards but maybe we trade 1 or 2 of them this year who knows.

No team is perfect in the nhl but this team is on the right track and has talent in the nhl and more to come in the minors so why not cheer for them instead of ripping every move they make and ripping every player that has a bad game or 2. If you just want to be a negative person go cheer for the leafs they have been losers since colored tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go habs go

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Danny Briere ($4.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($3.500m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Ryan White ($0.722m) / Brandon Prust ($2.500m)
George Parros ($0.938m)
DEFENSEMEN
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Jarred Tinordi ($1.083m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.500m) / Davis Drewiske ($0.638m)
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,632,708; BONUSES: $2,697,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,364,792

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 07-06-2013 at 09:22 AM.
habsroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Cups are not won and lost on the Free Agent Frenzy day...not by a longshot.

Yes a team can help itself but very rarely is it by overpaying for average players.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:34 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsroom View Post
We have a good young roster that includes a norris trophy winner,an all star goalie and an future elite #1 centre not to mention some young skilled wingers and some young defensemen with top pairing talent.

We have a great group of prospects from a top goalie to a group of defensemen that should play in the nhl to a forward group that has skill and size. Plus we have all our draft picks for next years draft.

This team will have success this year and for many years to follow. The roster looks good to me plus we have about 4 million if we want to pick up another player now or maybe 2 players at the trade deadline.we have added toughness to the team in parros/prust/tinordi/moen/white.yes we have some small forwards but maybe we trade 1 or 2 of them this year who knows.

No team is perfect in the nhl but this team is on the right track and has talent in the nhl and more to come in the minors so why not cheer for them instead of ripping every move they make and ripping every player that has a bad game or 2. If you just want to be a negative person go cheer for the leafs they have been losers since colored tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go habs go ....the real fans are cheering for you not against you

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Danny Briere ($4.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($3.500m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Ryan White ($0.722m) / Brandon Prust ($2.500m)
George Parros ($0.938m)
DEFENSEMEN
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Jarred Tinordi ($1.083m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.500m) / Davis Drewiske ($0.638m)
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,632,708; BONUSES: $2,697,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,364,792
Could not have said it better myself. It bothers me when everyone is being so negative when the season hasn't even started yet.
I think we have a good team now, but we are really setting ourselves up to be contenders year after year in the near future.
And that leafs have been losers since colored TV,

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:36 AM
habsroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by monctonscout View Post
cups are not won and lost on the free agent frenzy day...not by a longshot.

Yes a team can help itself but very rarely is it by overpaying for average players.
yes i agree with you moncton scout that is why i feel the habs are on the right path and i can't believe there are so many so called fans that jump on every draft pick/trade/signing the habs make. Do you feel the habs are on the right path?

Old
07-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I don't like the roster as it sits today, so I hope MB isn't done tinkering.

I think this lineup will have a hard time over the course of a long 82 game schedule. Depth on defense is a major concern to me. Emelin is going to miss some time and I don't believe we can count on Markov at this point of his career. Markov for me is no longer a top 2 defenseman at ES, so I would really love to see an upgrade made.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Never!

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:46 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Good post.

We finished 2nd last year and hopefully Briere improves over Cole and even Ryder's overall effect to the team. Having Parros added should make it so players aren't taken advantage of as much.

Also Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Tinordi, and Diaz are one year older. That should help our. Desharnais can't be wrose than he was last year and Gionta can maybe move down to the 3rd line where people won't be on his case as much.

Hopefully Price bounces back as well.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsroom View Post
yes i agree with you moncton scout that is why i feel the habs are on the right path and i can't believe there are so many so called fans that jump on every draft pick/trade/signing the habs make. Do you feel the habs are on the right path?
In general yes, very much so. Was not a fan of the Briere signing...but there isn't the big downside of 5 and 7 year deals to Lecavalier Clarkson Clowe Horton. Briere signing looks a lot better today than 3 days ago.

I would still like some way to move DD out and bring in Coburn and Malone/Stewart without sacrificing top young players. May or may not be available.

Old
07-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Dagistitsyn

Agree with most of what you said but IMO DD has gotta go, still need help on defense (Scuderi would have been awesome) and personally I have no faith in Price in the playoffs.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:48 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Cups are not won and lost on the Free Agent Frenzy day...not by a longshot.

This is true. They are also not won with 5'6 top 6 centermen.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:50 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahH57 View Post
Could not have said it better myself. It bothers me when everyone is being so negative when the season hasn't even started yet.
I think we have a good team now, but we are really setting ourselves up to be contenders year after year in the near future.
And that leafs have been losers since colored TV,
I don't think the sky is falling but I also don't think we should be jumping in the streets either.

Our D is not good right now...and then factor in Emelin being injured. We also have to hope Price gets his game back....but I'm not too worried about that.

Old
07-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Good post.

We finished 2nd last year and hopefully Briere improves over Cole and even Ryder's overall effect to the team. Having Parros added should make it so players aren't taken advantage of as much.

Also Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Tinordi, and Diaz are one year older. That should help our. Desharnais can't be wrose than he was last year and Gionta can maybe move down to the 3rd line where people won't be on his case as much.

Hopefully Price bounces back as well.
Given the Habs situation and other pieces I think Parros could be a huge addition.

He allows guys like Subban Emelin Prust Moen White Bourque Tinordi to play a bit tougher by having "big brother" looking out for them...especially in this division. It's not that we had no tough players, it's just that we had no answer for guys like Orr Mclaren Kassian Scott without Prust risking injury against a bigger, less useful player.

I wouldn't mind a guy like PLLL for Hamilton.

Old
07-06-2013, 08:52 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Agree with most of what you said but IMO DD has gotta go, still need help on defense (Scuderi would have been awesome) and personally I have no faith in Price in the playoffs.
The D can't be rebuilt in one offseason, but I hope we do add some pieces. The book is still out on Price in the playoffs, so we need to insulate him with better dmen for the time being.

Diaz, Bouillion, Gorges, Markov....talk about easy to play against.

Old
07-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I don't think the sky is falling but I also don't think we should be jumping in the streets either.

Our D is not good right now...and then factor in Emelin being injured. We also have to hope Price gets his game back....but I'm not too worried about that.
Not how the D isn't good. We managed to finish #2 in the conference with Price being an average to below average starter. People on here are too obsessed with size instead of effectiveness.

Old
07-06-2013, 08:53 AM
phil76

Welcome to habs fan who are ocd... No matter what the gm
Do they are never happy.. Don't reply much on here because
When i read y'all comments makes me wanna puke to have such
Disgusting fan. Been a habs fan since the won the cup in
1986 against calgary.. Every years i trust management.
Even though most of the time they let me down i still trust them.
Ive got the habs tattoed on my heart...the habs are like my family
Even though sometimes im disapointed with them.. I trust them
And would never trade them fir anything in the world..
In habs i trust

phil76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:54 AM
ChristosCUP

Love this post. People always want some home run... Get over it. Briere regardless of his size is a great addition. And Parros will help out during those "lets beat on the Habs" games.. Really like having the guy on our squad.

Thets also keep in mind our young players will only get better... PK ... Eller... Alex... We have SOLID foundation. Not to mention tinordi seems to have put on some muscle ... Gonna be super exiting.

Thets give the team some credit peeps !

Go Habs go

ChristosCUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
This is true. They are also not won with 5'6 top 6 centermen.
The goal is to build into a cup contender through draft and decelopment, not try and do it by shortcuts. DD won't be a top 2 center once Eller and Glachenyuk hit their prime. Eller-Galchenyuk-Plekanec might be ridiculous strength up the middle in 2-3 years.

Old
07-06-2013, 08:59 AM
habsroom

Quote:
In general yes, very much so. Was not a fan of the Briere signing...but there isn't the big downside of 5 and 7 year deals to Lecavalier Clarkson Clowe Horton. Briere signing looks a lot better today than 3 days ago.

I would still like some way to move DD out and bring in Coburn and Malone/Stewart without sacrificing top young players. May or may not be available.
YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD AGAIN MONCTON SCOUT ,THAT IS EXACTLY THE WAY I SEE IT AS WELL. I WOULD HAVE LOVED 1 OF HORTON,CLOWE,VINNY OR CLARKSON AND WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM 5 MILLION A YEAR BUT THE NUMBER OF YEARS THEY GOT WERE WAY TO LONG. BRIERE SIGNING DOES LOOK BETTER TODAY THEN IT DID A FEW DAYS AGO BOTH IN MONEY AND YEARS. HE ISN'T THE GREATEST FIT BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF SMALL FORWARDS BUT IF MB CAN TRADE A Gionta OR BETTER YET Desharnais FOR A BIG FORWARD LIKE STEWART OR A BIG DEFENSEMEN LIKE COBURN MONTREAL WILL BE LOOKING GREAT.

Old
07-06-2013, 08:59 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Not how the D isn't good. We managed to finish #2 in the conference with Price being an average to below average starter. People on here are too obsessed with size instead of effectiveness.
I hope to God Bergevin does not have your mindset. The D is soft and small. It has nothing to do with obsession, it has to do with being able to clear the bloody crease and bang in the corners as well as blocking shots. This is basic hockey.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Maybe some "negative" people are being realistic and seeing things as they are.

Dont bemoan the simple truth that some people's "dream bubble" is being popped by the hard facts.

Please let the readers decide if they want dreams or reality. Thanks!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:00 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
The goal is to build into a cup contender through draft and decelopment, not try and do it by shortcuts. DD won't be a top 2 center once Eller and Glachenyuk hit their prime. Eller-Galchenyuk-Plekanec might be ridiculous strength up the middle in 2-3 years.
He's signed to 4 years. No matter how you try to spin it, the deal makes absolutely no sense.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

I wanted to create a thread like this one during the night but it was 3AM so my bed was calling me.

Great post, the negativity is terrible here.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:04 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Heard the same **** during the Gainey and Gauthier eras... "so negative". I'm not saying Bergy is anything like that...but lets not forget the time when Higgins, Chipchura, the Kostitsyns, Latendresse, Komi, etc were all going to be part of our core into the future.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:05 AM
xposbrad

First of all, there's a misconception that we have some great pool of prospects. But, we actually are slightly better than average, with no real top 6 forward now left after AG is not considered a prospect. That's my opinion, but it usually is right since everyone here thinks we are winning the cup every year and I don't.

Habs fans don't even care about the cup anymore. After we had a good season last year and lost in the first round to the SENATORS????? Everyone was like, oh well at least we had a good regular season and we have this and this to look forward to. It's actually amusing as people create excuses for the end of the season where we didn't even get past the first round. What will seperate us from a team like Toronto (who will continue to be stuck in mediocrity) is actually dumping players like Markov/Gionta etc.. before they expire worthless and rebuild with picks/prospects before they are left with little to no value.

xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:09 AM
btallett

I really like the way the roster is. The only tinkering i could forsee or would want to see myself would be us trading DD for a reliable net clearing DMAN.

btallett is offline   Reply With Quote