HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Stop being so negative !

Old
07-06-2013, 10:25 PM
groovejuice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Those who say they are critical are often extremists instead. Being a critic is not to be mistaken with critical thinking. To actually be critical in the same vein as 'critical thinking', you need to look at all the possibilities, all the variants and all the components and being able to grasp all the subtleties of their mix, and foremost, being able to put everything outside the context of your own wants and needs as they tend to create a bias that constrains the field of perception. Being overly negative without even seeing results is not -critical thinking-, that much can be said.
Bravo!

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Questions for Bergevin:

-Does the collective size of our Top-3 Centers need to get bigger? (vs could)

-Does the collective size of our Top-9 Forwards need to get bigger? (vs could)

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
For the love of hockey..................this place is a frickken hockey message board.

People have opinions and when people whine about whining, well it steps up the whining to a new level.

Everyone has an opinion and depending on what YOU expect, you will either agree or disagree or simply follow the crowd regarding this team.

Put on the big boy pants and realize that there are people who disagree with you. No big deal. The sun will still rise tomorrow.
The Habs wont make a change based on this board, the game will be played and the Habs will forever be TWO years away from winning the Cup.

Go Habs Go.
So typical of you to make a pertinent and intelligent post and then find it impossible to resist adding a codicil that reeks of agenda and diminishes the fine points you previously made.

Old
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
For the love of hockey..................this place is a frickken hockey message board.

People have opinions and when people whine about whining, well it steps up the whining to a new level.

Everyone has an opinion and depending on what YOU expect, you will either agree or disagree or simply follow the crowd regarding this team.

Put on the big boy pants and realize that there are people who disagree with you. No big deal. The sun will still rise tomorrow.
The Habs wont make a change based on this board, the game will be played and the Habs will forever be TWO years away from winning the Cup.

Go Habs Go.
Well said. I complain about size but I still root and love my boys, even the little ones. (I just don't want to see us get physically abused.)

I'm actually okay with this past week. Adding Briere and Parros and Fournier has elevated my thoughts. I liked our draft. Plus, I think MB is trying to make a trade that can help us get bigger and hopefully better. We have a lot of fine D prospects, so why not package one (and DD) to get back something we need - a big center? I'm still hoping.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
With so many bonafide experts lying around here, it's surprising how the Habs didn't pluck some away to use their great minds at building a cup winner.

They probably had too much character, it didn't fit with the Habs, and neither through the doorway when they tried to enter management, they just couldn't pass...
I think they were probably just too tall... Once you get over 5 foot 8 you aren't allowed in the organization.
Quote:
What is foolish is expecting a rookie GM to reinvent the game, to completely change free agent's outlook of Montreal in just little over a season.

When Bergevin was signed, I wasn't stoked. I wasn't displeased either.

Like any mature person would do, I decided to wait and see what he could do in the span of at least 3 to 5 seasons. Despite not liking the fact that he seems really good at putting the media on his side, and pandering to them somewhat, I still wanted to wait and see. Still doing that right now.

The way many fans are reacting right now is more a sign of who they are as a person, rather than any indication to Bergevin's overall aptitudes as a GM.
What a load of BS.

Our GM made an idiotic move and folks here are telling it like it is. A week ago we had several threads here talking about how we could get bigger and which smurf we should move. Our GM said we had to get bigger.

Now we go out and sign the prototypical type of player that we're trying to get rid of. And yet you sit there and spew this BS about how its about the posters? Yeah right...
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
At a personnel level, the PK is a non-issue. We have mostly the same horses we did for the 2nd best PK a few years ago. The problem is therrien coming in and messing it all up. Bright ****ing idea.
Therrien has messed things up without a doubt. Not playing Subban there made no sense at all. However, we are lacking the horses here. We really do need a shutdown guy here who can clear the crease. Tinordi will help but we need another guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I think the worst thing about Clowe was left out of your post. His concussion issues are very, very scary.
Say hello to Nathan Horton as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
This thread is so childish.

It's not being negative, it's being critical of the situation presented before us. The idiot GMs we've had over the years all claimed the same thing: build through the draft, it's not worth taking risks or risking the future, patience, stand pat, the price was too high, yada, yada, yada.

It's been 10 years and nothing's been different. It's been 20 years since we last won anything. We have good pieces in place but what's the point of signing Briere if you won't trust them to step up to the next level instead of just get 3rd line minutes? And if not, if they're absolutely not ready, why the hell do you sign a broken down Briere and not a better FA?

It's always the middle-ground, unambitious, complacent option and it always results in failure. Kinda like Gretzky's thing there about missing shots, the Habs' braintrust gets their rocks off by never taking a shot at anything. We end up with Robert Lang as a big-time centre in our centennial year, and after that? Scott Gomez.

Are Bouillon and DD parts of a Stanley Cup winning team? Is Gionta the #1 RW of a Stanley Cup winning team?

Why aren't we directing the team toward THAT goal and not toward making the playoffs? ffs you have to be merely MEDIOCRE to make the playoffs, it's really not that hard. I'm tired of that being the ultimate goal.

For the record I'm not saying that we sign Clarkson or trade first rounders, I'm just saying this organization's mandate has been mediocrity - systematic mediocrity. From the choices of coach, to the size we present, to the friggin extensions they hand out. Mediocrity turns Molson & Co on.
Of course you are 100% right.

It's a deflection to try to blame the poster rather than look at the moves themselves. I don't always agree with you and I may not agree with all the details here but you are dead on right in the big picture. We've made a lot of mistakes in the past and just when you think we've learned from them, we make them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
WE ARE NOT A CUP CONTENDING TEAM RIGHT NOW. WE DO NOT STAND A CHANCE AGAINST A PLAYOFF CHI, BOS, LA, PHI

Right now, as in July 6, if the roster stays as is. I agree. However I do believe that we're a few good decisions away from standing a chance against a playoff CHI, BOS. LA, PHI.

You people are delusional if you think the habs can win a stanley cup within the next 2-3 hell even 4 years

With a few good roster decisions and a goalie that plays light out in the playoffs, the Habs can win a Stanley Cup this season. If our goalie plays the way Steve Penney, Halak, or even Jose Theodore played for us in the playoffs we can win the Cup right now. Won't bother bringing up Roy... Penney was a second string backup playing in front of a much worse Habs team than we have now and took the Habs up 2 games to 0 vs the Isles in the Conference Finals. The Isles won the Cup.
Well, we're not a contending team but maybe we could've been. Add a shutdown bluelliner and a big winger... we'd have been in much, much better shape. Maybe we're not a cup winner this year but we'd be closer.

Instead we do the opposite...
Quote:
That would be epic
But if he scores 10 goals we'll never hear from you guys again. It will be "well I never said he'd have a great year..." But if he has a great year, we'll never hear the end of it.

Taking no position is a great one to take. That way you can claim to be right either way.
Quote:
Those who say they are critical are often extremists instead. Being a critic is not to be mistaken with critical thinking. To actually be critical in the same vein as 'critical thinking', you need to look at all the possibilities, all the variants and all the components and being able to grasp all the subtleties of their mix, and foremost, being able to put everything outside the context of your own wants and needs as they tend to create a bias that constrains the field of perception. Being overly negative without even seeing results is not -critical thinking-, that much can be said.
There is every reason in the world to hate this move. It goes directly against what everyone has wanted for years and that includes our own GM. You keep trying to change the topic and make it personal on the posters. Give it up.

If our GM doesn't want to be criticized, then he should stop making senseless moves. Most of us were open minded (even optimistic) about his hiring. Just like we were with Gainey and the last guy. But they ****ed up. I'm not going to apologize for ripping them when they make dumb moves. And if it weren't for Timmins this team would be royally ****ed right now.

All these idiotic moves that we've made over the years. You always come here and attack the posters. And when the moves blow up it's all "well, I never said they'd be good..."

Have the balls to take a position and defend it. Was the Briere signing good? Did you actually like it? If it blows up will you say that you were wrong? Because if not, then stop chirping about posters complaining about these kinds of moves.

Last edited by piqued: 07-07-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: unnecessary
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
I understand what you are trying to say, don't worry about telling it straight.

A degree, if anything is proof of hard work and dedication at that stage of your life. You also need the means to afford the degree. It took hard work to achieve my degree and many hours of studying in the latter years. This is only the start of a journey. Many people with a degree amount to nothing. They do not possess the required skills needed for advancement. You can posses a high level of critical thinking, without a degree to back it up. Many of these types work their way up as they grow older into very successful positions. On the other front, I have seen many people with a piece of paper who assume they now know everything. These types fail to continue learning and fail to progress. My father has a higher paper degree than my mother (both in the programming field). While both are successful, my mother has achieved higher levels of success for this very reason. She is the type who spends each and every day learning something new and uses her critical thinking to apply it in her everyday life.

I do agree with you on critical thinking being a very important trait.
I'm agreeing on all you are saying. Only getting tired of the same old approach this team is taking. Rarely adressing needs. Getting smaller even if we saw what happen year after year during playoff. Not adressing our need at the blue line. Signing average, redudant washed up UFA. Not being willing to take risk and pay the price to improve. You want to build with the draft? Fine, but don't sign 35 Briere, give Eller, Chucky and Gally more ice time and PP time. Maybe give a chance to another of our young guy to make a place for himself into the line up. Make some small smart move , like going for some quality depth at the blue line, drop some death weight for picks or prospect. Do not ADD more ffs.

Remember how ALL season long people here we begging to give more ice time to the young guy? How they were more effective player than Desharnais and Gionta, but were waiting on the bench 'cause Therrien add to play the "vets"? Remember when Therrien choose to sit Galchenyuk during playoff after he scored a beauty to play Desharnais more, and the Habs ended up loosing a 2-0 lead? Well guess what, good chance Therrien is now gonna have to justify Briere contract , and ne now gonna have ANOTHER one useless one-dimensional player taking the place of our young studs.

People might now realise it, but he can see it from a miles away. Our powerplay, 0 in 4 that night, Briere and DD , completely useless like always, still on the ice for a crucial Powerplay while 2 of our best foward in Chucky and Eller are stuck on the bench. Feels like puking.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:56 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsroom View Post
We have a good young roster that includes a norris trophy winner,an all star goalie and an future elite #1 centre not to mention some young skilled wingers and some young defensemen with top pairing talent.

We have a great group of prospects from a top goalie to a group of defensemen that should play in the nhl to a forward group that has skill and size. Plus we have all our draft picks for next years draft.

This team will have success this year and for many years to follow. The roster looks good to me plus we have about 4 million if we want to pick up another player now or maybe 2 players at the trade deadline.we have added toughness to the team in parros/prust/tinordi/moen/white.yes we have some small forwards but maybe we trade 1 or 2 of them this year who knows.

No team is perfect in the nhl but this team is on the right track and has talent in the nhl and more to come in the minors so why not cheer for them instead of ripping every move they make and ripping every player that has a bad game or 2. If you just want to be a negative person go cheer for the leafs they have been losers since colored tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go habs go

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Danny Briere ($4.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($3.500m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Ryan White ($0.722m) / Brandon Prust ($2.500m)
George Parros ($0.938m)
DEFENSEMEN
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Jarred Tinordi ($1.083m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.500m) / Davis Drewiske ($0.638m)
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,632,708; BONUSES: $2,697,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,364,792
As it sits, your line-up is pretty much what it would be if game one was tomorow.I see a weakness on the right wing. Even at center depending on your preference.
The D needs work since Emelin won't be there till Late November.
I wasn't crazy about the Briere signing but it still has potential. Whether you like the guy or not, it's the type of talent. Briere should and is a upgrade on Ryder. Ryder has 3 inches but doesn't show in his game. I like the roster but at the same time I could see a trade or 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Cups are not won and lost on the Free Agent Frenzy day...not by a longshot.

Yes a team can help itself but very rarely is it by overpaying for average players.
At the cost of UFA, I don't see where the money comes from. Top price for UFA. It's a gamble no matter who the player is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I don't like the roster as it sits today, so I hope MB isn't done tinkering.

I think this lineup will have a hard time over the course of a long 82 game schedule. Depth on defense is a major concern to me. Emelin is going to miss some time and I don't believe we can count on Markov at this point of his career. Markov for me is no longer a top 2 defenseman at ES, so I would really love to see an upgrade made.
We have great depth, it's just that we need something else in this soup. Like salt and pepper, just enough.....
The way i see it, it needs a Dman more then anything and make a choice on some similar type of player

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:57 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Cups are not won and lost on the Free Agent Frenzy day...not by a longshot.

Yes a team can help itself but very rarely is it by overpaying for average players.
Totally agree. We did well not to hand out more long term contracts we usually loathe after 1-2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahH57 View Post
Could not have said it better myself. It bothers me when everyone is being so negative when the season hasn't even started yet.
I think we have a good team now, but we are really setting ourselves up to be contenders year after year in the near future.
And that leafs have been losers since colored TV,
We do have a good team now and we have plenty of prospects that can be used as trade bait in order to fill our needs. I mean let's be real here - not all those Dmen in the minors can play on Habs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsroom View Post
yes i agree with you moncton scout that is why i feel the habs are on the right path and i can't believe there are so many so called fans that jump on every draft pick/trade/signing the habs make. Do you feel the habs are on the right path?
Relax and let fans be fans and share their viewpoints. Quit trying to make people think like you. It's okay to disagree in love.

Quote:
Questions for Bergevin:

-Does the collective size of our Top-3 Centers need to get bigger? (vs could)

-Does the collective size of our Top-9 Forwards need to get bigger? (vs could)
Answer to both: YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
So when the gm decides to do precisely what he said he would not and the fan base feels confused, deceived and betrayed, the fault clearly lies with the fan base and not the gm who did precisely the opposite of what he promised he would do ?

If you want a fan base that praises their gm irrespective of what they do there are plenty of choices. I didn't know fan and sheep were synonymous. Live and learn
I agree that fans have the right to voice their opinions no matter what they believe. My God fellows, this is hockey, not life or death matters.

Old
07-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post

Answer to both: YES

I'm waiting for a member of the media to ask Bergevin both those question in absolute terms and for him not to sidestep them.

Old
07-06-2013, 11:06 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
I'm waiting for a member of the media to ask Bergevin both those question in absolute terms and for him not to sidestep them.
I think MB is taking his time making us bigger, but I do think his goal is to get us there. I say that after looking at this year's draft. Our first 3 were large men.

I know the Leafs got bigger last offseason very quickly, but I think MB is thinking Tinordi and Parros and Bealieu will add more grit to the team this year already, and maybe he is working on a trade to add more. I hope.

Old
07-06-2013, 11:10 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
There is every reason in the world to hate this move. It goes directly against what everyone has wanted for years and that includes our own GM. You keep trying to change the topic and make it personal on the posters. Give it up.
Umm, what he wrote about critical thinking is actually correct. Whether or not his or your critical thinking fits into his definition is something else entirely (and I'm not going to comment on that since I haven't been reading this whole thread so can't judge...not that I would want too or be willing too).

Last edited by piqued: 07-07-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: qep
pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Umm, what he wrote about critical thinking is actually correct. Whether or not his or your critical thinking fits into his definition is something else entirely (and I'm not going to comment on that since I haven't been reading this whole thread so can't judge...not that I would want too or be willing too).
The context of his quote was very clear...

Old
BeliveauFan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven View Post
This. Chiarelli basically turned a soft, irrevelant group of hasbeen into a constant contender.
The fact Chiarelli was able to accomplish that in one year is what is most amazing.

Oh, wait...

BeliveauFan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
I think MB is taking his time making us bigger, but I do think his goal is to get us there. I say that after looking at this year's draft. Our first 3 were large men.

I know the Leafs got bigger last offseason very quickly,.
You think his goal is to get us there... I was looking forward to the press conference specifically for him to tell us that was his goal, and that the timeframe was October and not in 2 years. I hope he's clear in some other PC/interview.

Old
07-06-2013, 11:46 PM
bsl

Quote:
Molson will never state this in front of the cameras, although if you let me digress for a minute, I read an article in La Presse a few months ago (it was in the lockout period) where Molson stated, in relation to shareholders vs employess, that what really mattered is what the shareholders thought, now... what do you believe Molson is asking first and foremost from Bergevin?? Why do you think every GM in Montreal is conservative since the Habs have become a cash cow?

On the other hand, what I see is that this whole process is starting to pay dividends. Talent-wise, this team can drive offense from all three lines, and 4 of the main ingredients are just getting started (Subban, two Gallys, Eller) while we have a few other good players that should come in (Tinordi, Beaulieu, Leblanc, Collberg...), and then several others who are hitting their prime (Price, Gorges, Pac, Emelin, Diaz). This sizable core has an average age of 22. Any accumulation of talent tends to be chaotic in filling specific needs, and sometimes give redundancies, like how we had Diaz, Subban and Weber, all has offensive right handed Ds. And the funny part is that it's actually a rare thing. How you take a chance on a guy like DD who wasn't drafted and then a guy like Gallagher in the 5th round, also taken a chance on, and both end up performing, rather than other higher picks, like say, Ben Maxwell or Kyle Chipchura.

Adding Brière might seem illogical, but if we follow Mb's train of thought, his logic of building through the draft, well then you at least want to create an environment where they can showcase their talent, whether a young player or veteran, and adding depth, no matter if 5'10, will only help maintain this, helping to get good value on his own players. In the end, this depth will help sell some of our talent to fill the true needs of the team.

Not many players in such an open market would accept a short term contract, this too fits the logic as you don't want to shackle yourself with lenghty contracts to overpaid role players.

Now, is it the only route to take? Sure as hell no. But none of us are there to hear what is actually proposed from one GM to another, or to a player.

Funny how, if Lecavalier would've signed, the whole narrative would change and Bergevin would be seen as a hero and blah blah blah. All hinging on the player's decision, in a market with few commodities and a lot of suitors.

Let's be realistic here. It has nothing to do with being 'content'.
Great post. I have zero problem with Parros and DB signings. These are filler/protecter players until our window opens in 2015. And except for DD, MB has not taken on one long term contract that could kill us. Bunch of girly hysteria on this board...

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Not a Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemiseBleuHonnete View Post
We're now talking about how it's not so bad because it's only 2 years. Why sign him in the first place. I think the habs had their fair share of washed-up players in the past decade, might as well go for a real change for once and not sign one. People are talking like if 4 millions a year is pocket change.
You're correct in your assessment. I'll also add that these so called "washed-up players" are taking away crucial development minutes from players such as Eller and Galchenyuk.

Not a Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:09 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
So typical of you to make a pertinent and intelligent post and then find it impossible to resist adding a codicil that reeks of agenda and diminishes the fine points you previously made.
Exactly. Well done. He had a decent post and then proceeded to **** it all up. Creates massive confusion. My communications never involve more than one concept or idea, let alone completely contradictory views.

I think it was an attempt at humour, or irony. And not successful.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:18 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Exactly. Well done. He had a decent post and then proceeded to **** it all up. Creates massive confusion. My communications never involve more than one concept or idea, let alone completely contradictory views.

I think it was an attempt at humour, or irony. And not successful.
You're perfectly entitled to criticize my comments as I am to criticize someone else's.

You may have missed my salient point though, and that is without his obsessive agenda that putrifies most of his 6000 posts, SH would be one of the best posters here.

Unfortunately, it only leaves him as one of the most prolific.

Old
07-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
I think they were probably just too tall... Once you get over 5 foot 8 you aren't allowed in the organization.

What a load of BS.

Our GM made an idiotic move and folks here are telling it like it is. A week ago we had several threads here talking about how we could get bigger and which smurf we should move. Our GM said we had to get bigger.

Now we go out and sign the prototypical type of player that we're trying to get rid of. And yet you sit there and spew this BS about how its about the posters? Yeah right...

Therrien has messed things up without a doubt. Not playing Subban there made no sense at all. However, we are lacking the horses here. We really do need a shutdown guy here who can clear the crease. Tinordi will help but we need another guy.

Say hello to Nathan Horton as well.

Of course you are 100% right.

It's a deflection to try to blame the poster rather than look at the moves themselves. I don't always agree with you and I may not agree with all the details here but you are dead on right in the big picture. We've made a lot of mistakes in the past and just when you think we've learned from them, we make them again.

Well, we're not a contending team but maybe we could've been. Add a shutdown bluelliner and a big winger... we'd have been in much, much better shape. Maybe we're not a cup winner this year but we'd be closer.

Instead we do the opposite...

But if he scores 10 goals we'll never hear from you guys again. It will be "well I never said he'd have a great year..." But if he has a great year, we'll never hear the end of it.

Taking no position is a great one to take. That way you can claim to be right either way.

If our GM doesn't want to be criticized, then he should stop making senseless moves. Most of us were open minded (even optimistic) about his hiring. Just like we were with Gainey and the last guy. But they ****ed up. I'm not going to apologize for ripping them when they make dumb moves. And if it weren't for Timmins this team would be royally ****ed right now.

All these idiotic moves that we've made over the years. You always come here and attack the posters. And when the moves blow up it's all "well, I never said they'd be good..."

Have the balls to take a position and defend it. Was the Briere signing good? Did you actually like it? If it blows up will you say that you were wrong? Because if not, then stop chirping about posters complaining about these kinds of moves.
Someone has to be given credit for finishing 2nd in the conference and first in the division in the season following a 15th place finish. As for Briere, while I didn't like the signing he hasn't played a game for the Habs and he can't singlehandedly put them back in 15th.

Last edited by piqued: 07-07-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: qep
Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven View Post
The NEED to hire a french GM just confirm that the priority of this team are wrong.
Because Bob Gainey was french.

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Someone has to be given credit for finishing 2nd in the conference and first in the division in the season following a 15th place finish. As for Briere, while I didn't like the signing he hasn't played a game for the Habs and he can't singlehandedly put them back in 15th.
I'm not suggesting we burn MB at the stake. Nor am I saying that I've completely lost faith in him. But man, he's lost a lot of credibility.

As for Briere, I don't think he'll put us in 15th either. But he hurts us more than he helps us. Those who will only look at his points don't understand this. When you look at the big picture this is a terrible signing. And I hate cutting up the Canadiens. I know I do it often. I know that my posts come across as negative. But sir, the Canadiens have done a lot of negative things over the years. There's been lots to be negative about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
Touche.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Great post. I have zero problem with Parros and DB signings. These are filler/protecter players until our window opens in 2015. And except for DD, MB has not taken on one long term contract that could kill us. Bunch of girly hysteria on this board...
Dude, you normally have more sense than this. What's up? Who stole bsl's brain from us?

Old
07-07-2013, 02:00 AM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
As far as I know, yes, he could speak french really good. I didn't meant a quebecois pure laine du lac st jean.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:12 AM
elite1prospects

All these wannabe GMs should go pack to trading there 1st round picks on nhl13 and let MB do his job without criticizing every move. still 3 months before season starts

elite1prospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:17 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Dude, you normally have more sense than this. What's up? Who stole bsl's brain from us?
and to no surprise, that's what you think of people with dfferent views.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:43 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
It is rude. Marc Bergevin:

- Has 1191 NHL games played
- Was pro scout with the Blackhawks' organization
- Served as an Assistant Coach for the Blackhawks
- Was appointed the team's Director of Player Personnel (While in this position, he won the Stanley Cup in 2010 after five years working to build this team)
- Was promoted to the position of Assistant General Manager of the Chicago Blackhawks
- Was named General Manager and Executive Vice President of the Montreal Canadiens

Do you honestly think someone fresh out of university with a degree would be better? How does this prepare him for an NHL GM position? How is a Doctor's or Master's degree going to help them perform better?

He was promoted right through the blackhawks organization all the way up the ladder. With a university degree you can hope to do the same in your field of study after years of hard work and dedication.
I would also like a GM who has some sort of education.

I still remember when it was said of Bergevin that "he's not a numbers guy" ... scary.

None of us want someone fresh out of university with a bachelor's degree.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote