HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stop being so negative !

Old
07-07-2013, 01:48 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
With respect to Ozymandias, sometimes the fanbase is indeed more intelligent than the management. A good example is the Scott Gomez trade. Most of the fanbase was against it, management was for it, and Ozymandias said that we should give management a chance.

Your most point, that we should be patient and have faith in the management and stop overanalyzing things, is an old song that you've been chanting for years. Some of us have lost patience.

[RDS] Chris Higgins traded to Rangers for Scott Gomez
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=656981

Higgins+McDonagh for Scott Gomez - Pt.II (All trade Related Posts Here)
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=657223
the issue was simple

wtf was Gomez going to do for us with the midget Gio and Cammie on board ?

are those 3 legit cup core guys compared to teams that win cups ?

I dont give a S**T if you are a rocket scientist or a drunk on the street

I said it years ago ,those moves were ******** from day 1 , and will blow up in our face and it did . When you patch your leaky roof it will still leak and when you patch your team with bandaids nothing will change

LUCKILY OUR F UP GOT US GALCHENYUK

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
How on earth did Ottawa get weaker? I think they got better. Alfie is not the same player anymore.

Koolaid Hab fans always trying to downplay the moves of other teams just to prop up the weak moves/non-moves of their GM.
I think they'll be harder to play against this year for sure. Alfie was over the hill and as much as Ottawa's fans lament his loss I always felt he was overrated even in his prime. Right now he's pretty close to being a passenger and Bobby Ryan should be a pretty big upgrade on that front.

Long term... guess we have to wait and see. Maybe Silverberg becomes a stud and that would obviously suck for Ottawa. I don't think that draft pick will be a high one so that shouldn't hurt them too bad either. I don't think Ottawa lost that trade and I think short term at least they improved their team. We'll see how Silverberg pans out because he's the main piece.

Again, it's picking a direction. They obviously feel like they're close to having a winner over there so they're doing what they can to win it now. We aren't doing this. We're in the mushy middle rebuilding and competing at the same time.

I really hope that MB has something up his sleeve. We really need a shutdown blueiliner badly because Tinordi is going to be a rookie. No matter what he does though, we took a step back with the Briere signing. A 60 point season from him or not, it was a stupid move.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 07-07-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:16 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I think they'll be harder to play against this year for sure. Alfie was over the hill and as much as Ottawa's fans lament his loss I always felt he was overrated even in his prime. Right now he's pretty close to being a passenger and Bobby Ryan should be a pretty big upgrade on that front.

Long term... guess we have to wait and see. Maybe Silverberg becomes a stud and that would obviously suck for Ottawa. I don't think that draft pick will be a high one so that shouldn't hurt them too bad either. I don't think Ottawa lost that trade and I think short term at least they improved their team. We'll see how Silverberg pans out because he's the main piece.

Again, it's picking a direction. They obviously feel like they're close to having a winner over there so they're doing what they can to win it now. We aren't doing this. We're in the mushy middle rebuilding and competing at the same time.

I really hope that MB has something up his sleeve. We really need a shutdown blueiliner badly because Tinordi is going to be a rookie. No matter what he does though, we took a step back with the Briere signing. A 60 point season from him or not, it was a stupid move.
Yes a dumb move and yes we need a shutdown d

and please dont resign Diaz he isnt a d built for the playoffs

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:18 PM
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.

vCash: 300
This thread title and attitude would make a ton more sense if the Habs were just eliminated from the Stanley Cup Finals in a devastating manner. Not after getting chumped in 5 games by a team full of rookies and a one-legged Karlsson.

Don't be negative guys! We made the playoffs! Maybe next year, if the stars align, we'll make the playoffs again. By golly how swell would that be -- the playoffs! Anything could happen there!

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
This thread title and attitude would make a ton more sense if the Habs were just eliminated from the Stanley Cup Finals in a devastating manner. Not after getting chumped in 5 games by a team full of rookies and a one-legged Karlsson.

Don't be negative guys! We made the playoffs! Maybe next year, if the stars align, we'll make the playoffs again. By golly how swell would that be -- the playoffs! Anything could happen there!

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:23 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

Habs fans have gotten so complacent it's not even funny. It's actually bothersome.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:29 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
We need to make changes, we cannot be positive until we get size and toughness, right now, we are among the smallest teams in the league.

1) Trade Desharnais, Markov, Moen and Diaz
2) Acquire Coburn, Talbot and Perron

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Briere - Perron
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Parros

Gorges - Subban
Coburn - Emelin
Tinordi - Bouillon

Price
Budaj
Markov's trade value is somewhat suspect because of his history of injuries and his age, Talbot is a lateral move for Moen, whom I like as a player but if he won't fight without doing the washing machine I'm not sure where he fits. If we are getting y someone from st Louis, I'd greatly prefer Stewart but the cost might be too night. Plus emelin is out for the start, I guess you could swap in whiskey for the start of the season.

If its not obvious I didn't mention did because I think we are stuck with him. With the cap going down the market for serviceable guys to make the cap floor is pretty thin. I also don't know if you want Talbot if he's not even on the fourth line unless you meant Talbot/staschy.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:59 PM
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.

vCash: 300
Quote:
Habs fans have gotten so complacent it's not even funny. It's actually bothersome.
  • Drewiske is a great pickup -- depth never hurt anybody!
  • Bouillon resigned at 1.5m? Fantastic! Depth never hurt anybody! Plus, he's a cube lol!
  • Desharnais extended?? Did you know he was 4th in assists by centres last year, so that's a fair deal! Never hurts to have too many centres!
  • Briere is a fine pickup - did you see what Clarkson and Clowe got? NHL GMs sure are crazy! Thank god we only committed 4m a year to an undersized 35 year old player with awful fundamental stats coming off two massive injuries who produces best at centre. You can never have too many centres, remember?!
  • Gionta is a fantastic captain. BEST CAPTAIN IN THE LEAGUE. So much character, so much heart. You hate the Habs if you don't think Gionta is the best captain of all time. And you don't hate the Habs, do you???
  • Therrien took our team from 15th to 2nd!! That's amazing. Can you believe we had 36 games without our team crapping their pants?? 36 games! Who cares if the other 17 games we played like crap, the first 36 were awesome!! Remember all those times where we won? Wow! Therrien got robbed of the Jack Adams if you ask me.

Ad infinitum. Ad vomitum.

I love how DAChamp kinda shut Ozymandias and the rest of the kool-aid klan up by quoting his diatribe defending the Gomez trade. I defended the trade as well but have since understood exactly how I was wrong.

The kool-aid tastes good but rots your teeth. I love the Habs and want nothing else than to watch them win the stanley cup. I obsess over the Habs religiously, but I won't blindly support corrupt nepotism without at least complaining about it on HFboards.

Bergevin's track record indicates he's at least as blindly pro-French, anti-risk as Gainey was. The mediocrity fetish disgusts me.

We deserve a better team, a better coach, a better image. We need to be feared, to be respected by every team in the league and the media. We need to shed the culture of diving, whining, getting broken, giving preferential contracts to awful french players (Dandenault, Bouillon, Desharnais) and signing dumb coaches.

I'm all for having more French guys on the team, I really am and most would disagree with me on that point - I hate having BAD French guys though. There's a Basque soccer team called Athletic Bilbao whose mandate is to only sign players born in the Basque region between eastern France and Spain. I respect the crap out of them because they stick to their word and field respectable teams. The Canadiens insist on hiring French coaches and management, fringe French players but have mercenary American captains and leadership. One or the other, fellas. This protocol is asinine.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Would we have been any better off with Trevor Timmins as GM?

There are some aspects that go into being a good scout (head scout even) that are helpful into being a GM...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:15 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
So typical of you to make a pertinent and intelligent post and then find it impossible to resist adding a codicil that reeks of agenda and diminishes the fine points you previously made.
Let me ask you a simple question.

Are we going to compete for a Cup this season?

What about next season?

bsl, the poster, stated clearly that the "window" for the Habs opens in 2015.

Not to belabor the point, but that is exactly two years from this year. Over the last two decades of futility, I have heard the exact statement that bsl made..........we will be competing for the Cup in two years........year after year.

With all of that said, I am pleased that Bergevin signed Parros. The Briere signing is pointless with regard to filling the needs of this team. We are still lacking a stay at home DMan and Drewisky is not the answer as shown by his play at the end of the season.

That "two year" comment was not an attempt at humor. No, it was cynical frustration over the inaction of Bergevin to address the biggest glaring needs of this team come the start of the new season.

There is still time to fill those needs. As of now, those needs are still here. And to complain about people recognizing those needs and dismissing those complaints as "negativity" is, for a lack of a better word, dumb and arrogant.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Et le But

Quote:
  • Drewiske is a great pickup -- depth never hurt anybody!
  • Bouillon resigned at 1.5m? Fantastic! Depth never hurt anybody! Plus, he's a cube lol!
  • Desharnais extended?? Did you know he was 4th in assists by centres last year, so that's a fair deal! Never hurts to have too many centres!
  • Briere is a fine pickup - did you see what Clarkson and Clowe got? NHL GMs sure are crazy! Thank god we only committed 4m a year to an undersized 35 year old player with awful fundamental stats coming off two massive injuries who produces best at centre. You can never have too many centres, remember?!
  • Gionta is a fantastic captain. BEST CAPTAIN IN THE LEAGUE. So much character, so much heart. You hate the Habs if you don't think Gionta is the best captain of all time. And you don't hate the Habs, do you???
  • Therrien took our team from 15th to 2nd!! That's amazing. Can you believe we had 36 games without our team crapping their pants?? 36 games! Who cares if the other 17 games we played like crap, the first 36 were awesome!! Remember all those times where we won? Wow! Therrien got robbed of the Jack Adams if you ask me.

Ad infinitum. Ad vomitum.

I love how DAChamp kinda shut Ozymandias and the rest of the kool-aid klan up by quoting his diatribe defending the Gomez trade. I defended the trade as well but have since understood exactly how I was wrong.

The kool-aid tastes good but rots your teeth. I love the Habs and want nothing else than to watch them win the stanley cup. I obsess over the Habs religiously, but I won't blindly support corrupt nepotism without at least complaining about it on HFboards.

Bergevin's track record indicates he's at least as blindly pro-French, anti-risk as Gainey was. The mediocrity fetish disgusts me.

We deserve a better team, a better coach, a better image. We need to be feared, to be respected by every team in the league and the media. We need to shed the culture of diving, whining, getting broken, giving preferential contracts to awful french players (Dandenault, Bouillon, Desharnais) and signing dumb coaches.

I'm all for having more French guys on the team, I really am and most would disagree with me on that point - I hate having BAD French guys though. There's a Basque soccer team called Athletic Bilbao whose mandate is to only sign players born in the Basque region between eastern France and Spain. I respect the crap out of them because they stick to their word and field respectable teams. The Canadiens insist on hiring French coaches and management, fringe French players but have mercenary American captains and leadership. One or the other, fellas. This protocol is asinine.
Well, I think this team is better than you probably do. Complaining about diving smurfs makes you sound like a Bruins fan - every team in the league is filled with divers and whiners, it's the nature of modern sports and the obsession with image is the type of nonsense that leads the Leafs to trade their best two way center because he was "different" and then give grinders absurd extensions.

If anything Bergevin has been the victim of trying too hard to appease to the media and perception, and it's why I'm not convinced he's good at his job. Gauthier wasn't a good GM, he was terrible at personnel manbagement and lost his mind completely at the end, but one of the best things about him, especially compared to Gainey, is he basically told the parasite media to **** off and didn't spend half his time trying to appease the Francophone media by going after Quebecois players regardless of need, while at the same time trying to appease the Anglophone media with "character" underdog stories which ultimately lead him to make the infamous Gomez trade and sign Cammalleri and Gionta to ridiculous contracts.

And the Briere signing is more of that. I'm really starting to worry the only reason Bergevin was hired is because Molson thought he was media-savy and would make the team more marketable locally. For all the credit he got for last year, he inherited a team, made a good move in signing Prust by outbidding the competition for him, signed a bunch of other scrubs for "character" purposes, managed to luck into Therrien being a far better coach than he used to be (though the jury is still out on what that means), The Cole for Ryder trade was brilliant, but MB already undid that by trading Ryder for an inferior player for more money than Ryder ended up signing for. All because of some cliche about the playoffs, despite the fact that this is a different context, where Briere will be more easily pushed around, and he's both older and worse since his last playoffs.

Other than that, what has Bergevin done? The Subban bridge contract makes him look more like a great politician than a visionary GM, since all it did was move the problem back two years. And what good is that cap space if it's going to guys like Briere, Boullion, Drewhiske and Parros?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:23 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post

There are some aspects that go into being a good scout (head scout even) that are helpful into being a GM...
I'm not anti mb, he has a really really hard job and who knows, when vl signed with Philly there may have been some directive over his head to sign shrimpy Briere. I'm pretty happy with the drafting ( which timmins obviously had a hand in) and I'm down with his vision of the team. I'm okay with the slow and steady, I'm just not okay with him spelling out his vision of how the team will get better, and then betray this vision by signing shrimpy briere.

If we has signed some beef with briere I might be willing and to accept that not every step has to be forward, I can accept one step forward one step back from time to time. One step backwards no step forward is kinda hard to swallow.

I've made my point clear, to the people who approve of the signing of briere, do you think he dons the CH if Tampa does not buy out VL? What if we actually signed VL, do you think we still go after his "playoff clutchness" . I think the answer to both of these questions is no, which makes DB nothing more of some perverse consolation prize. That's even harder to swallow.

Old
07-07-2013, 03:24 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I'd call it luck more than anything, pretty much everyone is bashing the moves made by Habs management, every move...

this time, the so called fans got lucky and were right in their bashing...

bashed for hiring MT
bashed for the way he handled the P.K. negos
bashed for trading Cole away (although this one didnt last long)
bashed for acquiring Halpern
bashed for giving a 5th rounder for Drewiskie
bashed for not acquiring a big physical D at trade deadline
bashed for acquiring Briere
bashed for not being able to land Lecavalier
bashed for acquiring Parros
bashed for not acquiring BIG and overpaid wingers trough FA
bashed for not acquiring a big physical D trough FA

considering the "realists" do most of what I've listed, they're bound to be right at some point... yet it doesnt make them any smarter than the Zamboni driver at the Bell Centre.
I bolded the parts where I "bashed" him. If by bashing you mean completely disagree with the moves.

I didn't bash him for Lecavalier because it's possible he never wanted to come here. I don't know all the details. But I was disappointed.

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:25 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
I totally dont agree with that.

Noesen is a PPG player in the OHL. He got hurt, but he regressed. Hes the prototype 3rd liner/ career ahler. Here on HFBoards every prospect is ranked as the next Crosby, Toews, Perry, Lucic. But in reality, its almost never the case.

Silfverberg got a good 1st season. But the closest we have to him in our organisation is Collberg. Silfverberg is really close to Collberg, the only thing he has on him is age. Hes 4 years older. Stats are similar when they were the same age.

So lets say it again.

Would you have trade :
Collberg + Leblanc (18ov) + 1st in 2014 for Ryan?

Silfverberg + Noesen (20ov) + 1st in 2014 for Ryan?

Theres a major difference between Gallagher (calder nominee and Galchenyuk 3rd overall, future superstar) then Silfverberg and Noesen. Sorry but Noesen is nothing more than those late first rounders picks that most of the time, never blow up.
To answer your question, yes, I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:32 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I bolded the parts where I "bashed" him. If by bashing you mean completely disagree with the moves.

I didn't bash him for Lecavalier because it's possible he never wanted to come here. I don't know all the details. But I was disappointed.
You don't like the Parros deal? Its not ideal but it bests seeing colton orr sucker punch guys like bourque. At a the very least it frees up prusty from having to take on all comers and if someone has to be in the press box, Is rather a guy like Parros who we can dress when needed.

He's no rick tocchet but at least what he brings addresses an important need.

Old
07-07-2013, 03:35 PM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

Quote:

/thread

CaptainBenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:39 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
You don't like the Parros deal? Its not ideal but it bests seeing colton orr sucker punch guys like bourque. At a the very least it frees up prusty from having to take on all comers and if someone has to be in the press box, Is rather a guy like Parros who we can dress when needed.

He's no rick tocchet but at least what he brings addresses an important need.
A goon who has seen better days and can't play hockey. That's what we're getting. He won't play in the playoffs but I guess he will help Prust get there in better health.

Still, it's an inconsequential move. It won't make us feared, it might relieve Prust of some pressure. But if you want a tough team, the tough players have to play. If they play 5min a game they are close to useless. Also, why did Florida get rid of him within the same division ?

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Yes. But there are some who have learned from past mistakes. There are quite a few posters here who I think would've defended this move today but have learned their lessons from the past. They defended the Gomez and Gionta moves and they aren't defending this one.

There will always be the Kool-Aid guys and some of them will never learn. But some have.
Quote:

Good question. I love the results from his drafting but a GM has to have negotiating skills and having a friendly network out there helps as well. Maybe he'd be a great GM though because he certainly seems to understand young talent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well, I think this team is better than you probably do. Complaining about diving smurfs makes you sound like a Bruins fan - every team in the league is filled with divers and whiners, it's the nature of modern sports and the obsession with image is the type of nonsense that leads the Leafs to trade their best two way center because he was "different" and then give grinders absurd extensions.

If anything Bergevin has been the victim of trying too hard to appease to the media and perception, and it's why I'm not convinced he's good at his job. Gauthier wasn't a good GM, he was terrible at personnel manbagement and lost his mind completely at the end, but one of the best things about him, especially compared to Gainey, is he basically told the parasite media to **** off and didn't spend half his time trying to appease the Francophone media by going after Quebecois players regardless of need, while at the same time trying to appease the Anglophone media with "character" underdog stories which ultimately lead him to make the infamous Gomez trade and sign Cammalleri and Gionta to ridiculous contracts.

And the Briere signing is more of that. I'm really starting to worry the only reason Bergevin was hired is because Molson thought he was media-savy and would make the team more marketable locally. For all the credit he got for last year, he inherited a team, made a good move in signing Prust by outbidding the competition for him, signed a bunch of other scrubs for "character" purposes, managed to luck into Therrien being a far better coach than he used to be (though the jury is still out on what that means), The Cole for Ryder trade was brilliant, but MB already undid that by trading Ryder for an inferior player for more money than Ryder ended up signing for. All because of some cliche about the playoffs, despite the fact that this is a different context, where Briere will be more easily pushed around, and he's both older and worse since his last playoffs.

Other than that, what has Bergevin done? The Subban bridge contract makes him look more like a great politician than a visionary GM, since all it did was move the problem back two years. And what good is that cap space if it's going to guys like Briere, Boullion, Drewhiske and Parros?
It's not a bad team. The frustrating part though is that it could be a great one with one or two good moves and now we've taken a step back. It's only for two years... well okay, but why **** ourselves for no reason?

And I suspect you could be right. Maybe it's the politics because why the **** else does he make this move?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
I'm not anti mb, he has a really really hard job and who knows, when vl signed with Philly there may have been some directive over his head to sign shrimpy Briere. I'm pretty happy with the drafting ( which timmins obviously had a hand in) and I'm down with his vision of the team. I'm okay with the slow and steady, I'm just not okay with him spelling out his vision of how the team will get better, and then betray this vision by signing shrimpy briere.

If we has signed some beef with briere I might be willing and to accept that not every step has to be forward, I can accept one step forward one step back from time to time. One step backwards no step forward is kinda hard to swallow.

I've made my point clear, to the people who approve of the signing of briere, do you think he dons the CH if Tampa does not buy out VL? What if we actually signed VL, do you think we still go after his "playoff clutchness" . I think the answer to both of these questions is no, which makes DB nothing more of some perverse consolation prize. That's even harder to swallow.
You realize that I have a patent on this phrase right?
Quote:

You're wasting your time with that guy...

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 07-07-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:49 PM
sandysan

Quote:
A goon who has seen better days and can't play hockey. That's what we're getting. He won't play in the playoffs but I guess he will help Prust get there in better health.

Still, it's an inconsequential move. It won't make us feared, it might relieve Prust of some pressure. But if you want a tough team, the tough players have to play. If they play 5min a game they are close to useless. Also, why did Florida get rid of him within the same division ?
Again its far from ideal but between taking some pressure off prust and giving us a heavyweight ( which prust is not, but he is willing to his own detriment).

Beggars can't be choosers, if the desire to get bigger and tougher to play against is real, parros fits that bill even if the fit is imperfect. Part time toughness is still better than no time toughness.

Old
07-07-2013, 04:21 PM
JohnLennon

I still don't know what to think of Marc Bergevin.

I don't really like the Danny Briere signing, and I was never a fan of the David Desharnais extension, nor the Bouillon one.

I do think that he has done a lot to improve this team though. He drastically improved our management team, by adding many scouts we didn't even have positions for a couple of years ago. He hired an acclaimed goaltender coach in Stephane Waite. His Erik Cole trade was quite good, and his Brandon Prust signing looks fantastic at this point in time.

I think the drafting our team has done under him and Trevor Timmins has also been stellar, at least at this point in time. His obsession with character worries me a bit, but I still have reason to be optimistic, as we all do.

I'm just hoping there is more to this Danny Briere signing, because I really don't see the reasoning behind that one.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:00 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:

if those guys could play hockey, they wouldnt be goons...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:05 PM
habsroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemiseBleuHonnete View Post
Over-reaction to what I said... I'm tired of people saying that we shouldn't question what the mangement does and which players are wearing this jersey. Of course, this is our team and we like it. And this is a discussion board, this is the place to say what we think about it. And just like everyone else, when I go see the games (like I did when I went to Ottawa to cheer for them) I make sure I get back home voiceless and I cheer for every single player wearing the jersey and hate every other player who don't wear it. I'm a habs fan, as hardcore as any other one. But I'm not blind and I don't like what the management is doing and it's my right to say it.
what has this management team done that you don't like? and what should they have done?

habsroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:07 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:

I like the guy a lot... He's one of the best scout in the league, he has two master degrees (including a MBA) and he studied in exercice physiology. If there's one guy who understand this sport, it's him.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:12 PM
habsroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant mccagg View Post
he signed a ufa in briere who has been one of the leading playoff scorers the past four years. He traded for one of the league's heavyweights. These moves will make the team "tougher to play against". He still has another 100 days or so to make further changes if he can.

This place is literally a joke. The habs were second in the eastern conference...you expected a complete turnover? The day trading began..you wanted him to "give away" desharnais just for the sake of getting rid of him? Now that's asset management! Glad that you and all of the other whiners on here have nothing to do with the club...it would be run into the ground with houle panic-type moves. I'll say this one more time - 100 days before the season starts.
great post

habsroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:13 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
if those guys could play hockey, they wouldnt be goons...
So Fraser McLaren can't play ? Its really funny, guys who are willing to drop the gloves are often called talentless goons, but softies ( like shrimpy briere) who are completely aphysical are called one dimensional scorers.

McLaren will never be confused with Wayne Gretzky but he is a far better player than shrimpy briere is a tough guy.

We need more prust lites, if these are not available I'm fine with guys like parros so long as they don't suffer a crisis of conscience like BGL and stop doing the only thing we signed them for. The one saving grace is that if parros becomes "enlightened" we can call up tarnasky whom I'm pretty sure has no conscience at all and would punch his mother in the chops fort a paycheck.