HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLI

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 500
There's no rush to trade Stastny.

Right now his value is pretty low, considering his play has fallen off so much and the contract he's under (though it expiring next year makes that a lesser concern than previously). He's not going to bring in what the Avs need. Far better to see what he does in the new system. If he excels, the Avs either keep him or trade him at much better value. If he remains the same, no loss. He'll be that much easier to deal at the deadline. I just don't think the Avs should be rushing into getting rid of him. And apparently, they don't think so, either.

I personally hope he bounces back in a big way this season and remains with the team for the foreseeable future.

Then again, I don't want to trade Wilson, either. There's something Boychuk-like about him, meaning that after we trade him he'll turn out to be the sort of piece we were going for when we did it. Perhaps not, but I wouldn't be too quick to throw Wilson in as an afterthought to proposals.

Old
07-08-2013, 07:06 AM
InjuredChoker

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl 2 min
Expect the New York Rangers to announce Ryan McDonagh's 6 year extension today. #TSN

Old
07-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Avs71

Anyone know when the schedule comes out?

Old
07-08-2013, 08:16 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 1 min
McDonagh's deal worth $4.7M per for 6 years. Fair number, very fair for Rangers...
Good deal.

Old
07-08-2013, 08:40 AM
RoyIsALegend
Gross Misconduct

Excellent deal.

Old
07-08-2013, 10:45 AM
hughdreamz

Nice for the Rangers.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:13 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Chris Nichols ‏@Nichols_NHLPool 7 min
Alexander Burmistrov signs two-year contract w/ AkBars of #KHL, per @IgorEronko. #NHLJets
Wow, it really did happen, apparently.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:49 AM
S E P H
@SEPH_WHL

I just read the whole Edmonton/Colorado core going forward thread and I can say that I totally understand why I hate Oiler fans.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Lemieux22

I think Roy and company know they have extra forward assets, but are waiting to see how everything fits together before making a desperate move. I expect one of Stastny or O'Reilly will be dealt in in March once we have the flexibility to trade ROR.

Although I love ROR, I almost think he's more likely to go. He's probably more valuable, and certainly will cost more to re-up than Stastny. Plus, long-term, as Mackinnon develops, Stastny will be the age where he can slide down to the #3 center role and fit salary-wise + I think he'd be more willing to accept that role than O'Reilly (2 years down the road). Staz comes back at 4.5m/year for 4 years. O'Reilly traded for a D-man.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Wow, it really did happen, apparently.
I think he comes back to the NHL in a couple years. Jets/Thrashers kind of screwed him up.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:54 AM
CB Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieux22 View Post
I think Roy and company know they have extra forward assets, but are waiting to see how everything fits together before making a desperate move. I expect one of Stastny or O'Reilly will be dealt in in March once we have the flexibility to trade ROR.

Although I love ROR, I almost think he's more likely to go. He's probably more valuable, and certainly will cost more to re-up than Stastny. Plus, long-term, as Mackinnon develops, Stastny will be the age where he can slide down to the #3 center role and fit salary-wise + I think he'd be more willing to accept that role than O'Reilly (2 years down the road). Staz comes back at 4.5m/year for 4 years. O'Reilly traded for a D-man.
I think a lot depends on if either or both can transition to a winger role.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
I think he comes back to the NHL in a couple years. Jets/Thrashers kind of screwed him up.
The thrashers more than anyone. Completely rushed the kid, he'll get traded and come back.

That's a steal for Mc

Last edited by Duchene2MacKinnon: 07-08-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old
07-08-2013, 12:54 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I just read the whole Edmonton/Colorado core going forward thread and I can say that I totally understand why I hate Oiler fans.
Where is this?

Old
07-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Iceberg*
IWantRoyAsMyGM

Quote:

I would be very surprised if Stastny accepted that contract, i'm expecting something around 5.5m - 6m.

I agree that, right now, it looks like ROR is the most likely to be traded.

Old
07-08-2013, 01:36 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
There is epic level homerism by both fanbases but Oiler fans combine blind blatant fanboyism with plain ole nastiness.

Old
07-08-2013, 01:49 PM
RoyIsALegend
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Where is this?
Enjoy:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1454941

Old
07-08-2013, 03:00 PM
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I think a lot depends on if either or both can transition to a winger role.
I want to see them tried together next to Landy. I just think the three of them together would dominate the puck against any line in the NHL, with Mac and Dutchy bombing past people on the other lines, those three would make the perfect compliment. In if it works as well as it does in my head, that may make both want to stick around for a similar fair rate, like 5-5.5 per over long term.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:23 PM
AslanRH
Plebeian Poster

Quote:

My thoughts to a T except I think Avs will give him a "Career" deal of 5-7 yrs @ 5.5-6m/per, and then he'll do what Hejduk did by signing shorter term deals til he's done playing.

07-08-2013, 03:27 PM
AslanRH
Plebeian Poster

My offer sheet hope now being signed to a sweet deal, I'm starting to think Ryan Wilson will be our #2. While I'm ok with that personally, I still would have liked to see the Avs try and obtain McDonagh.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
My thoughts to a T except I think Avs will give him a "Career" deal of 5-7 yrs @ 5.5-6m/per, and then he'll do what Hejduk did by signing shorter term deals til he's done playing.
Sounds about right. 6mil open market, 5-5.5 from us as a hometown discount with term to his contract.

But I'd like to see if we can slot him on Duchy or Mack's LW before moving him or ROR. I still think there's potential to create a SJS or LAK dynamic where our skilled centers adapt to wing when needed and give us some good flexibility in the lineup.

If that happens, I'd like to keep them all for a little bit longer, even if we have to sign ROR for a little extra cash, he could be worth a lot later or Staz could.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Bubba Thudd
#WorkWithUs

Quote:
My offer sheet hope now being signed to a sweet deal, I'm starting to think Ryan Wilson will be our #2. While I'm ok with that personally, I still would have liked to see the Avs try and obtain McDonagh.
They might have tried. We'll probably never know, since he chose to stay put.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Lose O'Reilly and give Stastny another extension for big money? That would really suck. O'Reilly's next contract will be cheaper than that anyways.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:34 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Would have been awesome. Now the hope is the Caps do something stupid like spend big on another center so we can swoop in and grab Alzner.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:37 PM
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Sounds about right. 6mil open market, 5-5.5 from us as a hometown discount with term to his contract.

But I'd like to see if we can slot him on Duchy or Mack's LW before moving him or ROR. I still think there's potential to create a SJS or LAK dynamic where our skilled centers adapt to wing when needed and give us some good flexibility in the lineup.

If that happens, I'd like to keep them all for a little bit longer, even if we have to sign ROR for a little extra cash, he could be worth a lot later or Staz could.
Why not try them together and give us a puck dominating line that we can throw out against other teams' top lines and expect to win possession? Leaves Mac and Dutchy with lines they can blast past and wingers that'll play to their strengths well, with McGinn and Downie as good complimentary sandpaper guys and crafty wingers to set them up in Parenteau, Tanguay and eventually Sgar and maybe even Hishon, so Mac and Dutch both have perfect complimentary wingers for them to just do their thing.

The defense will still need time for someone to get good enough to play big minutes with EJ and for one of Duncan, Elliott or Bigras to join EJ, Barrie and Hejda as legit top 4 guys, but those forwards seem set up perfectly to be able to beat down any other team's top 9 in a couple years.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
It sucks having to be militant in these types of situations but sometimes you just have to give Oilers fans a taste of their own medicine.

Closed Thread