HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs have spoken with Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2013, 02:41 AM
Punkeater

vCash: 500
MB should sign him to a one year deal. No risk contract. Have chemistry with Plekanec and I love the idea of Briere playing with them for a veteran line. That could be an homerun ++ one more year of Galchenyuk on the wing to ease the transition to center because if the Habs signs Jagr, that would probably means they keep Plekanec to play with him. The odd man out would be Gionta since DD just signed his contract...

I say do it MB!

Old
07-07-2013, 02:43 AM
elite1prospects

Its from a BS looking twitter account

Old
07-07-2013, 03:20 AM
Xegiie

because speed is everything...
watch 0:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pGsBZcEfMI
And for goods sake stop with he cant handle 82 games.

Old
07-07-2013, 04:00 AM
PricePkPatch*

Indeed. Speed is the ultimate key, especially in the playoffs, where interference is clamped down harsh and our players can use their fast movement pace with ease.

Old
07-07-2013, 04:29 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Indeed. Speed is the ultimate key, especially in the playoffs, where interference is clamped down harsh and our players can use their fast movement pace with ease.
Maybe I missed the sarcasm but the truth is the exact opposite of what you just wrote.

The refs put their whistles away and allow far more interference in the playoffs than in the regular season.

Old
07-07-2013, 04:49 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Maybe I missed the sarcasm but the truth is the exact opposite of what you just wrote.

The refs put their whistles away and allow far more interference in the playoffs than in the regular season.
that holding and hooking were barely whistled

Old
07-07-2013, 04:50 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post

Sarcasm was indeed the entirety of my post.

Point is, our usual strenghts don't mean ******* in the playoffs where the opposition can just cheat they way through us and the ref suddenly forget their ****ing job. Speed isn't the key

Old
07-07-2013, 04:58 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Sarcasm was indeed the entirety of my post.

Point is, our usual strenghts don't mean ******* in the playoffs where the opposition can just cheat they way through us and the ref suddenly forget their ****ing job. Speed isn't the key
yeh, but its silly actually, you play by rules 82 games and then play offs comes and the rules changes, i dont like it

Old
07-07-2013, 05:24 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
yeh, but its silly actually, you play by rules 82 games and then play offs comes and the rules changes, i dont like it
Whining about it won't change it. We have to deal with that reality, period.

Now, this doesn't mean that speed isn't an asset. Especially for transition game and player cycling from and to the bench; we have a good edge in that. But once we are established in the zone, i'd take puck control, hockey IQ and passing skill over speed anytime of the day.

And Jagr has all of these three in spades.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:21 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
The best news about Jagr coming here would be that somebody else has to leave.
Not really.

Gionta and Emelin are out to start the year. Emelin till at least December.

Old
07-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Guy Lafleur View Post
Even if it's only one year, Jagr would bring so much to this team as a 41 yrs old teaching those kids what work ethics and the will to win is all about.

I always been a big fan of his. Bring it on, something exciting to cheer about.
Jagr's teaches from the point of view of a mercenary. Play, whine, leave the league when a salary cap threatens your insane salary, come crawling back, go to highest bidder 2 or 3 times, call it a career.

Old
07-07-2013, 07:21 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Jagr's teaches from the point of view of a mercenary. Play, whine, leave the league when a salary cap threatens your insane salary, come crawling back, go to highest bidder 2 or 3 times, call it a career.
That's just speculations.

As for "go to higher bidder 2-3 times", what choice he has when no one offers him more than a 1-year contract?!

Old
07-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Kafka

Can't see how this one could fit in. Jagr is good to move the puck, slow down the pace (like Kovalev was doing) and to make great passe. On a team that relies on speed like Les Canadadiens, there is no room for that kind of player.

I bet Svoboda is using this "meeting with the Habs" to suggest there is demand for his client.

Old
07-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Xegiie

seriously??? highest bidder point again??
am i on pens boards, i have to check again.. .no .. what?

i ll just repost what i did yesterday.

If you care, go and google offers from KHL he got before he came back and signed to flyers. if i remember correctly it was close something like 5$ dollars maybe even more BUT in russia there are way smaller fees, he would have to pay then in US/Canada, means he could earn way .. WAY more than in any team in NHL. I also read when he joined to flyers he had higher offer from other NHL teams from more sources..

which makes point MONEY first invalid..
only pens fans spread this info because Jagr declined their what was it 1.5$ offer? not sure now. But Jagr thought he would not get enough space next to crosby malkin ect... instead he got better offer from flyers, but he was promised 1st line and to play with Giroux, something Pens could not offer him...

seriously its so silly, if you would follow Jagr you would know HE LOVES hockey.. and he is playing his last career years he wants to get something out of it and money is not the priority....
he wants to make plays he wants to contribute, didnt you hear he is willing to go for less money just to play with Plekanec .. just yesterday news.. and you dare to come and say highest bidder... dont make me angry please

Old
07-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Can't see how this one could fit in. Jagr is good to move the puck, slow down the pace (like Kovalev was doing) and to make great passe. On a team that relies on speed like Les Canadadiens, there is no room for that kind of player.

I bet Svoboda is using this "meeting with the Habs" to suggest there is demand for his client.
actually holding down the puck, draging 2 players on him and then passing it to fast skater works..

Old
07-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Xegiie

for those.. too slow, here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f61-RfJjjuU
yes he is slow.. but he has other attributes..

Old
07-07-2013, 07:39 AM
BrimStone64

Jagr just using Habs to drive up bidding to team he really is going to.

Old
07-07-2013, 07:45 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
for those.. too slow, here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f61-RfJjjuU
yes he is slow.. but he has other attributes..
Anybody saying we have basic need

what you just saw in that video is exactly what we need. Someone who can hold on the puck while being held and pushed by interfering Ds, and still make the freakin' play.

Old
07-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Kafka

Not if his linemates have already brought the puck in the zone and are waiting for him to get out of his own zone.

Seriously, he won't sign with the Habs, specially with Brière + Gionta already there.

The only thing that could make this situation change is a trade. And if it happens, one of Gionta or Markov will be moved.

edit: respond to "actually holding down the puck, draging 2 players on him and then passing it to fast skater works.."

Old
07-07-2013, 07:50 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Not if his linemates have already brought the puck in the zone and are waiting for him to get out of his own zone.

Seriously, he won't sign with the Habs, specially with Brière + Gionta already there.

The only thing that could make this situation change is a trade. And if it happens, one of Gionta or Markov will be moved.

edit: respond to "actually holding down the puck, draging 2 players on him and then passing it to fast skater works.."
Please explain to my why A (Briere and gionta being there) means B (Jagr won't sign).

We have the cap space to sign him.

Old
07-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Xegiie

Quote:

well you are mixing in 2 things one is full roster and 2nd you was questioning his usefulnes, i comented only the 2nd point of yours.
yes, he is no speed monster who can get away from players, we can agree on that other than that no

Old
07-07-2013, 07:52 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
AFAIK, he has good hockey IQ and seems to be half a step ahead of the play when it comes to transition. He makes up for lack of explosive acceleration with knowledge of the play.

Look at the video: he was ahead of Giroux, waiting on the blueline for his teammate to cross. And it's not like Giroux is known as one of the slug of the NHL

Old
07-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
AFAIK, he has good hockey IQ and seems to be half a step ahead of the play when it comes to transition. He makes up for lack of explosive acceleration with knowledge of the play.

Look at the video: he was ahead of Giroux, waiting on the blueline for his teammate to cross. And it's not like Giroux is known as one of the slug of the NHL
yes that .. and also dude he is slow, no argument there, but he is not THAT slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ND...487131200AE86A

Old
07-07-2013, 07:58 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
yes that .. and also dude he is slow, no argument there, but he is not THAT slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ND...487131200AE86A
Like I said, he has hockey IQ; knows when and where to go better than many players we've seen.

Plus, he seems to be agile on his skates. Isn't one of the thing we said is a drawback to McCarron?

Old
07-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Not really.

Gionta and Emelin are out to start the year. Emelin till at least December.
Is this for sure? I thought there was a reasonable chance that Gionta would be ready to start the season?

Closed Thread