HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Maybe the league would like to thank your for posting such a great list and are using it as we speak.
My high horse isn't high enough....

Old
07-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
I don't get why Beaulieu is so highly viewed on this board, never been impressed by him at the WJC, the MC, AHL... Never WOWd me when I watched him play, other than his skating I don't see anything special. He's a prospect for Montreal so I obviously want to see him succeed but I don't think he'll become a top 4 defenseman because of his putrid defensive skills and his lack of physicality.

Old
07-08-2013, 01:41 PM
yianik

In terms of Bobby Ryan I will say that over the past couple of years I have also been interested in him given that its appeared the Ducks have been open to moving him. Only concern I would have had in paying the price Ottawa did is that Ryan is only signed for 2 more years and then is UFA. Sure they hopefully can extend him and maybe he will eagerly sign a 4-5 year extension. I know there will be some who will say you have to take risks but again, for the price the Sens paid, I wouldn't have paid it as the Habs because only being assured of 2 years just doesn't cut it for me. Not saying this doesn't make sense for Ottawa as they might believe they can make a run at the Cup these next 2 years. I would pay this price if we were that player away at a Cup run.

Old
07-08-2013, 01:43 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I don't get why Beaulieu is so highly viewed on this board, never been impressed by him at the WJC, the MC, AHL... Never WOWd me when I watched him play, other than his skating I don't see anything special. He's a prospect for Montreal so I obviously want to see him succeed but I don't think he'll become a top 4 defenseman because of his putrid defensive skills and his lack of physicality.
I like Beaulieu and all but I agree, people here calling him untouchable is something I just don't understand. People keep calling him "our eventual replacement for Markov" but I always thought Beaulieu was way more of a Ron Hainsey than an Andrei Markov. Won't have Markov's hockey IQ in a million years.

I'd move him to get a really good piece back, for sure.

Old
07-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:

I think most people are worried about his lack of progression. All the trade offers from Habs fans include him these days.

Old
07-08-2013, 02:38 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
I think most people are worried about his lack of progression. All the trade offers from Habs fans include him these days.
He was drafted 2 years ago... In the first round of an incredible draft.. He's our best player in Hamilton at 20 years old.. What's not to like about that progression?

This was a vid I made of him at the beginning of last season in the AHL. He won the award for most improved player for Hamilton last year, to put things into perspective.

Sorry for quality, but if that doesn't excite you as a fan of the Habs, I don't know what will.. Well, maybe this one actually:

Old
07-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Luke Adam isn't known as someone tough, it's gonna take more than that to impress me with his fighting skills.

Old
07-08-2013, 02:43 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#Habs-R-FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Ummm, no, most Habs fans that have ever watched him for more than 5 minutes are happy he's coming along so well...the reason he makes an appearance in alot of proposals is because he happens to be one of our most highly valued assets...and if you'll take notice, most Habs fans wouldn't trade him for anything less than a vast overpayment...

Old
07-08-2013, 02:55 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Luke Adam isn't known as someone tough, it's gonna take more than that to impress me with his fighting skills.
Beaulieu knows how to throw a punch, which is obvious in that video. I wouldn't ever want him to be known as a fighter, but the fact that he can fight will go a long way in helping him protect our crease and play his game in the NHL. He will be a target ala Subban, you can bet.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin

The hate on Beaulieu is ridiculous, cant wait to rub it in your faces when hes a star.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:37 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
The hate on Beaulieu is ridiculous, cant wait to rub it in your faces when hes a star.
Leads Hamilton in scoring as D and as a rookie.

Hasn't progressed.

Cant explain that.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:41 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Hasn't progressed.

Cant explain that.
I have to admit, I wasn't super high on beaulieu going into this year. Was tough to get a grasp of what he could really do in St-John with all that talent around him.

He really impressed me this season with the dogs. Wasn't expecting that good of a season from him at all, and he even saw some time with the habs which I never would have expected. Good on him.

I'd be open to trading him, like any player, but it would have to be an overpayment.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:48 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
I like how "I don't understand why Beaulieu is so highly rated" becomes "the hate on Beaulieu is ridiculous". How mature.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Myron Gaines*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I like how "I don't understand why Beaulieu is so highly rated" becomes "the hate on Beaulieu is ridiculous". How mature.
HF boards in a nutshell

Old
07-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Bieber fever

I wouldn't trade beaulieu . Kid is amazing , he got the total package.

Old
07-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
No he doesn't. Not yet. He's got the mad skills. He's got the skating. Got the puck skills even if after 5 minutes, he starts fumbling it, he's got the grit, got the shot....but he didn't proove, so far, that he knows how to use his teamates. He still has the "I want to do the show" that PK used to have. As we saw, it can be corrected. Let's hope it is.

By the way, again, his really awful game yesterday, was just that. An awful game.....on a Sunday afternoon......in July....... So let's wait before judging him on where he is at as of now. He's got the skills to work with him. We will lose Markov at one point, having more than Subban offensively would be great. Especially since this kid DOES have a whole lot of other things going for him.

Old
07-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Yeah physically, but I question his hockey sense, and that's a make it or break it for a guy with his tools. He could easily turn into the next Yandle or bust and turn into a Campoli/Gilroy.

Old
07-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Year 101

Beaulieu hate just seems like the HF habs summer scapegoat. There's always one every season, I don't know why it was Beaulieu this time though but there is always one. I think it's vastly impressive that he lead the dogs in point as a rookie D, no D even came close to him in terms of points even. I think he'll be a stud in this league and can't wait to see him be a regular after next season. But there's always one and people will forget about it the next summer.

Who remembers Pleks after 39 point season? He was in every proposal out of MTL then he gets 70 the next season and he was an untouchable.

Old
07-08-2013, 05:47 PM
PricePkPatch*

Can people stop assuming that just because we may be willing to trade away Beaulieu it means we think he's a bust?

I like Beaulieu. He's a damn fine prospect, even if he has some way to go before fulfilling his promises. And we could potentially fetch a strong return if we packaged him in a trade to get something we need more than another skilled PMD.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Well it depends how you interpret each comment. 'Hate' can be something as not liking his hair while questioning his 'high value' would entirely depend on how the person reading sees his value. It could be 'he's our 2nd best prospect' highly or 'untouchable future star' highly. In either case, fans would say they want to keep the player.

I think Beaulieu will be traded entirely due to 'character'.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:08 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
actually that's not true luke adam is known as someone tough, he's not heavyweight fighter but he can handle himself, he is of the power forward mold, his development has stalled the last year or two

Old
07-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Beaulieu is going to be good. Possibly very good. He's just such a fluid skater, he reminds me of Duncan Keith in that department. He's also a good set-up man on the power-play.

People expect the world out of our young PMDs seemingly ever since Subban had that crazy development curve, but he's the exception that proves the rule. Some dman can take up until their late 20's to fully develop.

The Beaulieu situation somewhat reminds me of Gardiner in Toronto, and there's little to no doubt in my mind that Gardiner will end up a very, very solid player maybe as soon as next season. Beaulieu is a keeper, unless trading him makes us a better team, both short term and long term.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:20 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#Habs-R-FUBAR

MB should offer sheet Cody Franson - level 3, somewhere between 2.5 to 3 mill for a couple years...

Old
07-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
I think Beaulieu is great, but I honestly don't see the star potential in him that others seem to see. I just see him as a solid player.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:56 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Hasn't progressed.

Cant explain that.
It's really sad the leading scorer on Hamilton was a rookie defenceman with 31 points.

Closed Thread