HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Frolov or Brad Richards?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2005, 11:52 AM
  #1
Champ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Alex Frolov or Brad Richards?

Who you pick? and why?

who have the best talent?

Champ is offline  
Old
06-12-2005, 03:54 PM
  #2
David A. Rainer
Registered User
 
David A. Rainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Huntington Beach
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Frolov

Younger, cheaper (for now), bigger, more of a scorer, left wingers are tougher to come by. Richards has put up more points, but Frolov was playing on an injury depleted team that struggled to score. I wouldn't mind have Richards, but I think I would lean towards Frolov.

__________________
Saxon Sports Information and Research
David A. Rainer is offline  
Old
06-12-2005, 04:07 PM
  #3
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,707
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
you posted this in other forum and i put my answer there yet posting it here everyone will tell you Frolov since all of us are biased =)

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
06-12-2005, 05:21 PM
  #4
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,999
vCash: 500
Richards. Only two years older than Frolov and almost has an additional 200 points in his two extra seasons in the NHL. Was almost a PPG player last year (79 points in 82 games) and has a Conn Smythe to his name.

Sam is offline  
Old
06-12-2005, 05:36 PM
  #5
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
Frolov

Younger, cheaper (for now), bigger, more of a scorer, left wingers are tougher to come by. Richards has put up more points, but Frolov was playing on an injury depleted team that struggled to score. I wouldn't mind have Richards, but I think I would lean towards Frolov.
Not mention that Richards gets to play with Lecavalier, and St. Louis. Frolov gets guys like Anson Carter.....

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
06-12-2005, 05:44 PM
  #6
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Not mention that Richards gets to play with Lecavalier, and St. Louis. Frolov gets guys like Anson Carter.....
Richards doesn't play with Lecavalier. They're both centers. According to joeminus, his linemates were
Quote:
Primary linemates (not including some brief, minor tweaks here and there):
2000-'01: Modin-Richards-St. Louis
2001-'02: Modin-Richards-St. Louis (first half of season)
2001-'02: Prospal-Richards-Clymer (second half of season)
2002-'03: Modin-Richards-St. Louis (regular season)
2002-'03: Modin-Richards-Fedotenko (playoffs)
2003-'04: Modin-Richards-St. Louis (first half of season)
2003-'04: Modin-Richards-Stillman (second half and playoffs)
Still more talented than Frolov's linemates, though.

Sam is offline  
Old
06-12-2005, 05:51 PM
  #7
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
According to joeminus, his linemates were Still more talented than Frolov's linemates, though.
Yep, way better.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
06-12-2005, 07:28 PM
  #8
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
I'm a HUGE A-Fro fan, but I think I'd pick Richards.
My best friend is a die-hard Bolts fan and last season I watched with him almost every Tampa's playoff game. Richards played most of the time on a line with Stillman and Modin, while Lecavalier was with St.Louis and Fedotenko. He has a deadly accurate wriste shot, he's a reliable 2 way forward and has the rare quality to score the big goals when his team need them. Alex is a rising star and he'll get even better, but now I'd pick Richards. This guy is the next Joe Sakic.

Albi is offline  
Old
06-12-2005, 07:47 PM
  #9
Mxpunk
Registered User
 
Mxpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: RPV, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
Frolov

Younger, cheaper (for now), bigger, more of a scorer, left wingers are tougher to come by. Richards has put up more points, but Frolov was playing on an injury depleted team that struggled to score. I wouldn't mind have Richards, but I think I would lean towards Frolov.
Agreed. Frolov also plays better in the corners, and I also agree Frolov had a weaker cast. Also, the Kings seem to be slowly giving Frolov more PT each year, in order to ease the transition (like the Sens and Spezza).

Mxpunk is offline  
Old
06-12-2005, 08:39 PM
  #10
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk
Agreed. Frolov also plays better in the corners, and I also agree Frolov had a weaker cast. Also, the Kings seem to be slowly giving Frolov more PT each year, in order to ease the transition (like the Sens and Spezza).
Very true. He has been eased into playing full time. He's also had to earn that ice time with consistant play on both sides of the ice.

It'll be interesting to see what happens this upcoming season. He really seemed to start taking off toward the end of the year, was on of Russia's best players in the the World Cup, and tore up the RSL last season. I'm thinking he may be rounding the corner; turning into the superstar player that we've all thought he could become.

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline  
Old
06-12-2005, 10:13 PM
  #11
Twist and Shout
Registered User
 
Twist and Shout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,271
vCash: 500
Frolov, 7 days in a week.

Twist and Shout is offline  
Old
06-13-2005, 12:02 AM
  #12
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Richards. Only two years older than Frolov and almost has an additional 200 points in his two extra seasons in the NHL. Was almost a PPG player last year (79 points in 82 games) and has a Conn Smythe to his name.
He was also playing with a much more talented team when healthy.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
06-13-2005, 12:31 AM
  #13
Champ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
I think Richards can do season like 70pts to 90pts

but frolov gonna do what in 2 or 3 years? 60? 70? 80? or more?


thanks again

Champ is offline  
Old
06-13-2005, 01:04 AM
  #14
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ
I think Richards can do season like 70pts to 90pts

but frolov gonna do what in 2 or 3 years? 60? 70? 80? or more?


thanks again

I would still take Frolov over Richards. Richards has been on some much more talented teams. Frolov has been playing with differant players all the time due to the injuries.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
06-14-2005, 03:16 AM
  #15
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Frolov should become the next face of the Kings

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
06-14-2005, 10:58 AM
  #16
jt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Orange County
Country: Norway
Posts: 963
vCash: 500
RIGHT NOW? Richards, hands down. Better player, better leader, more complete, he's won a Cup AND a Conn Smythe. It's a no-brainer.

But based on the potential that Frolov should(?) become a player who can single-handedly dominate a game and score tons of goals, it's a toss-up. The problem is that it's still potential.

If both players reach their potentials, I would want Frolov by a LONG shot over Richards. But if TB came calling and offered Richards for Frolov RIGHT NOW, it would be about even. For me, though, the sole determining factor is that the only proven way to win a Cup is to develop 2-4 core players acquired by age 20 to lead the way to the Cup (i.e. not role players). And trading Frolov goes against that so, no, I wouldn't trade him.

jt is offline  
Old
06-14-2005, 12:06 PM
  #17
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
RIGHT NOW? Richards, hands down. Better player, better leader, more complete, he's won a Cup AND a Conn Smythe. It's a no-brainer.

But based on the potential that Frolov should(?) become a player who can single-handedly dominate a game and score tons of goals, it's a toss-up. The problem is that it's still potential.

If both players reach their potentials, I would want Frolov by a LONG shot over Richards. But if TB came calling and offered Richards for Frolov RIGHT NOW, it would be about even. For me, though, the sole determining factor is that the only proven way to win a Cup is to develop 2-4 core players acquired by age 20 to lead the way to the Cup (i.e. not role players). And trading Frolov goes against that so, no, I wouldn't trade him.
Exactly my point.
Right now? YES

Albi is offline  
Old
06-14-2005, 04:13 PM
  #18
David A. Rainer
Registered User
 
David A. Rainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Huntington Beach
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
RIGHT NOW? Richards, hands down. Better player, better leader, more complete, he's won a Cup AND a Conn Smythe. It's a no-brainer.

But based on the potential that Frolov should(?) become a player who can single-handedly dominate a game and score tons of goals, it's a toss-up. The problem is that it's still potential.

If both players reach their potentials, I would want Frolov by a LONG shot over Richards. But if TB came calling and offered Richards for Frolov RIGHT NOW, it would be about even. For me, though, the sole determining factor is that the only proven way to win a Cup is to develop 2-4 core players acquired by age 20 to lead the way to the Cup (i.e. not role players). And trading Frolov goes against that so, no, I wouldn't trade him.
Exactly my point. Frolov for the long term.

David A. Rainer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.