HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Frolov or Brad Richards?

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Champ

vCash: 500
Alex Frolov or Brad Richards?

Who you pick? and why?

who have the best talent?

Old
06-12-2005, 03:54 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Frolov

Younger, cheaper (for now), bigger, more of a scorer, left wingers are tougher to come by. Richards has put up more points, but Frolov was playing on an injury depleted team that struggled to score. I wouldn't mind have Richards, but I think I would lean towards Frolov.

06-12-2005, 04:07 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
you posted this in other forum and i put my answer there yet posting it here everyone will tell you Frolov since all of us are biased =)

Old
06-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Richards. Only two years older than Frolov and almost has an additional 200 points in his two extra seasons in the NHL. Was almost a PPG player last year (79 points in 82 games) and has a Conn Smythe to his name.

Old
06-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
Frolov

Younger, cheaper (for now), bigger, more of a scorer, left wingers are tougher to come by. Richards has put up more points, but Frolov was playing on an injury depleted team that struggled to score. I wouldn't mind have Richards, but I think I would lean towards Frolov.
Not mention that Richards gets to play with Lecavalier, and St. Louis. Frolov gets guys like Anson Carter.....

Old
06-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Not mention that Richards gets to play with Lecavalier, and St. Louis. Frolov gets guys like Anson Carter.....
Richards doesn't play with Lecavalier. They're both centers. According to joeminus, his linemates were
Quote:
Primary linemates (not including some brief, minor tweaks here and there):
2000-'01: Modin-Richards-St. Louis
2001-'02: Modin-Richards-St. Louis (first half of season)
2001-'02: Prospal-Richards-Clymer (second half of season)
2002-'03: Modin-Richards-St. Louis (regular season)
2002-'03: Modin-Richards-Fedotenko (playoffs)
2003-'04: Modin-Richards-St. Louis (first half of season)
2003-'04: Modin-Richards-Stillman (second half and playoffs)
Still more talented than Frolov's linemates, though.

Old
06-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
According to joeminus, his linemates were Still more talented than Frolov's linemates, though.
Yep, way better.

Old
06-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
I'm a HUGE A-Fro fan, but I think I'd pick Richards.
My best friend is a die-hard Bolts fan and last season I watched with him almost every Tampa's playoff game. Richards played most of the time on a line with Stillman and Modin, while Lecavalier was with St.Louis and Fedotenko. He has a deadly accurate wriste shot, he's a reliable 2 way forward and has the rare quality to score the big goals when his team need them. Alex is a rising star and he'll get even better, but now I'd pick Richards. This guy is the next Joe Sakic.

Old
06-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Mxpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
Frolov

Agreed. Frolov also plays better in the corners, and I also agree Frolov had a weaker cast. Also, the Kings seem to be slowly giving Frolov more PT each year, in order to ease the transition (like the Sens and Spezza).

Old
06-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk
Agreed. Frolov also plays better in the corners, and I also agree Frolov had a weaker cast. Also, the Kings seem to be slowly giving Frolov more PT each year, in order to ease the transition (like the Sens and Spezza).
Very true. He has been eased into playing full time. He's also had to earn that ice time with consistant play on both sides of the ice.

It'll be interesting to see what happens this upcoming season. He really seemed to start taking off toward the end of the year, was on of Russia's best players in the the World Cup, and tore up the RSL last season. I'm thinking he may be rounding the corner; turning into the superstar player that we've all thought he could become.

06-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Twist and Shout

Frolov, 7 days in a week.

Old
06-13-2005, 12:02 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Richards. Only two years older than Frolov and almost has an additional 200 points in his two extra seasons in the NHL. Was almost a PPG player last year (79 points in 82 games) and has a Conn Smythe to his name.
He was also playing with a much more talented team when healthy.

Old
06-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Champ

I think Richards can do season like 70pts to 90pts

but frolov gonna do what in 2 or 3 years? 60? 70? 80? or more?

thanks again

Old
06-13-2005, 01:04 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ
I think Richards can do season like 70pts to 90pts

but frolov gonna do what in 2 or 3 years? 60? 70? 80? or more?

thanks again

I would still take Frolov over Richards. Richards has been on some much more talented teams. Frolov has been playing with differant players all the time due to the injuries.

Old
06-14-2005, 03:16 AM
McSorley 33

Frolov should become the next face of the Kings

Old
06-14-2005, 10:58 AM
jt

RIGHT NOW? Richards, hands down. Better player, better leader, more complete, he's won a Cup AND a Conn Smythe. It's a no-brainer.

But based on the potential that Frolov should(?) become a player who can single-handedly dominate a game and score tons of goals, it's a toss-up. The problem is that it's still potential.

If both players reach their potentials, I would want Frolov by a LONG shot over Richards. But if TB came calling and offered Richards for Frolov RIGHT NOW, it would be about even. For me, though, the sole determining factor is that the only proven way to win a Cup is to develop 2-4 core players acquired by age 20 to lead the way to the Cup (i.e. not role players). And trading Frolov goes against that so, no, I wouldn't trade him.

Old
06-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
RIGHT NOW? Richards, hands down. Better player, better leader, more complete, he's won a Cup AND a Conn Smythe. It's a no-brainer.

But based on the potential that Frolov should(?) become a player who can single-handedly dominate a game and score tons of goals, it's a toss-up. The problem is that it's still potential.

If both players reach their potentials, I would want Frolov by a LONG shot over Richards. But if TB came calling and offered Richards for Frolov RIGHT NOW, it would be about even. For me, though, the sole determining factor is that the only proven way to win a Cup is to develop 2-4 core players acquired by age 20 to lead the way to the Cup (i.e. not role players). And trading Frolov goes against that so, no, I wouldn't trade him.
Exactly my point.
Right now? YES

Old
06-14-2005, 04:13 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt

Exactly my point. Frolov for the long term.

Closed Thread