HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Parise and Clarkson be booed at the Rock?

Old
07-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Devils86

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Vilgraining;68928315]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
It is the Parise camp that wanted the one year deal, He was never going to sign long term there he was going to get to FA and that was that. QUOTE]

Those are all assumptions by you. Lou said it was the best thing for both parties at the time.
Actually they are not....but that's OK and I do agree it was the right choice for both parties at the time

Devils86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 11:58 AM
None Shall Pass
Cory Stops All

Just boo or don't boo.

It's sports, who gives a **** who boos and who doesn't and motivations, etc...

Sometimes I think you guys just need to argue for no reason. How different does your life become if someone gets booed? Does it effect your team? No.

Sheesh.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:36 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I think Clarkson might get booed, but it's just procedure. There were some boos for Gionta the first time he came back, and he didn't even wanna leave in the first place but no offer was made.

Was Langenbrunner booed? I know he was in the shootout, but I don't remember much during the game.

Clarkson probably won't get booed for long. Parise will likely get booed forever, just like Gomez. Probably even longer than that too, cause the Gomer boos don't seem as bad anymore. Niedermayer got it pretty good his first game back, but the one other time he played in Jersey after that, he wasn't booed really, or at least not by the whole building.
iirc Langs actually got polite applause when his name was announced as a starter but he was in the locker room, didn't hear that then when the shootout got underway he was booed and predictably got his panties in a bunch after the game at that.

And a huge lol at the poster who said 'Parise went to the team Suter HAPPENED to go to'...

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
Just boo or don't boo.

It's sports, who gives a **** who boos and who doesn't and motivations, etc...

Sometimes I think you guys just need to argue for no reason. How different does your life become if someone gets booed? Does it effect your team? No.

Sheesh.
Seriously this.

07-08-2013, 12:50 PM
BeastoftheEast85

I would boo Parise. I feel like his whole negotiation process felt like he being deceitful or at least not honest. I know Lou deserves a lot of the blame but still I feel like Parise knew he was going to leave the whole time and should have demanded a trade years earlier.

Clarkson on the other hand I feel like would have stayed here but got an offer he could not refuse. Honestly if I was in his position, I would have taken the money and security as well. I will probably cheer him, maybe if he falls mock a bit.

BeastoftheEast85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

how does Lou deserve most of the blame? Parise wanted the money and wanted to go home to play with his buddy. theres only so much Lou can do in that situation.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 01:42 PM
RooneyConnSmythe12
Henrique it's over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Then dont text Suter in the middle of the season to plan coming together and then go around saying to fans "Dont worry" when they ask about Free Agency and if hes coming back. Plus he dragged it out so long that we didnt have time to get a replacement
This is why I would boo Parise mercilessly if I were in attendance when he came back. At least this time around Lou learned his lesson saying the Devils were out of the running for Clarkson before free agency started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
how does Lou deserve most of the blame? Parise wanted the money and wanted to go home to play with his buddy. theres only so much Lou can do in that situation.
Lou deserves at least some of the blame for not recognizing the situation and giving up on Parise while there were still viable replacement options on the table.

RooneyConnSmythe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

and who would those be?

let me guess- Alex Semin

Old
07-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Vilgraining

Quote:

Really simple. When Lou was waiting for Kovy to take his month to decide where to play (funny, no one here cares about Kovy taking much longer than Parise), he should have locked up Parise long term. Or locked him up during that season. Or the off-season after that. Or during the season again. Lou's philosophy of, if you have time, you use it. Failed miserably.

Vilgraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilgraining View Post
Really simple. When Lou was waiting for Kovy to take his month to decide where to play (funny, no one here cares about Kovy taking much longer than Parise), he should have locked up Parise long term. Or locked him up during that season. Or the off-season after that. Or during the season again. Lou's philosophy of, if you have time, you use it. Failed miserably.
you do realize, it takes 2 to sign a contract right? you don't think Lou wanted to sign Parise long term?

Old
07-08-2013, 01:50 PM
RooneyConnSmythe12
Henrique it's over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilgraining View Post
Kovy signed here though. The difference is that Parise clearly knew there was no way he would be signing in New Jersey and yet he continued to let Lou think that he at least had a chance to sign him. Then there's the whole collusion/Minnesota tampering side of it all.

RooneyConnSmythe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 01:57 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
The second he signed that one year deal, that was the only sign Lou needed to realise he was a goner the following summer.

I know several are against the idea of moving a solid piece in fear of losing them for nothing when they turn UFA but we could've landed some real solid assets for someone like Parise and I'm not talking about picks and prospects only. We could've gotten a NHL player to play in our top #9 + a bluechip prospect + picks.

I hear the same thing over and over again... "Parise helped us reach the SC final and whitout him, who knows what we would've done". Last time I checked, outside of scoring empty net goals, he didn't change a series on his own and really didn't do a whole lot that would deserve such comments, as if we would've lost in the 1st round without Zach or better yet, not make the postseason all together.

Lou works a certain way and that's that. I just don't agree with it and would rather we maximise our assets, like Darcy Regehr said last week*, then cross our fingers that one player is the soul difference between cup contenders and cup pretenders.

* Darcy Regehr said that he has no intention to lose two of his best players, who are also UFA, in Vanek and Miller... so he's basically gathering all the offers that will be thrown his way and go with the best one that will help rebuild his franchise.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Vilgraining

Quote:
you do realize, it takes 2 to sign a contract right? you don't think Lou wanted to sign Parise long term?
Yes, and Lou doesn't sign guys early. It's pretty evident. His philosophy should be boo'd

Old
07-08-2013, 02:16 PM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

I have honestly never given less ****s about a Devil leaving via free agency than Clarkson

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

you're kidding yourself if you think we would've gotten to the Finals without Parise.

Old
07-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Vilgraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooneyConnSmythe12 View Post
Kovy signed here though. The difference is that Parise clearly knew there was no way he would be signing in New Jersey and yet he continued to let Lou think that he at least had a chance to sign him. Then there's the whole collusion/Minnesota tampering side of it all.
A lot of assumptions there. But since you said clearly, I have to believe you.

Old
07-08-2013, 02:20 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
you're kidding yourself if you think we would've gotten to the Finals without Parise.
Name me one game changing play he made to propel us to the SCF, cause I can't think of one and I'm not being bitter or anything... just being honest.

I can think of several plays Kovy, Henrique, Brodeur, Zajac, Salvador, Carter, Clarkson, etc made but I seriously can't remember a single play that Parise made where I was like "Thank god for Zach cause if he didn't do that, we were doomed".

Old
07-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Name me one game changing play he made to propel us to the SCF, cause I can't think of one and I'm not being bitter or anything... just being honest.

I can think of several plays Kovy, Henrique, Brodeur, Zajac, Salvador, Carter, Clarkson, etc made but I seriously can't remember a single play that Parise made where I was like "Thank god for Zach cause if he didn't do that, we were doomed".
seriously?

um, how about the goal against Quick in game 5?

come on man. I know what youre trying to say but its just silly. Parise was a key piece in our playoff run.

Old
07-08-2013, 02:24 PM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

Quote:

He had his biggest game - a 3-point game - when the team was down 2-1 in the ECF.

Old
07-08-2013, 02:38 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
seriously?

um, how about the goal against Quick in game 5?

come on man. I know what youre trying to say but its just silly. Parise was a key piece in our playoff run.
So you are throwing at me the goal he scored in our 2nd to last game of our ENTIRE run to prove a point that Parise was a "key part" on the way to the cup finals?

C'mon now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
He had his biggest game - a 3-point game - when the team was down 2-1 in the ECF.
Ok, sorry.

He had one good game on our way to the finals.

Old
07-08-2013, 02:39 PM
MadDog172430
Palm Trees

Quote:

He had a big goal in Game 3 of the semifinals too. I'd argue he changed the tone of Game 4 against Florida as well with his deflection goal. That game was scoreless in the 2nd and if we had given up the first goal, that could've been very deflating.

MadDog172430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

that just isn't true, DATW. you are overstating this majorly.

Old
07-08-2013, 02:42 PM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

Quote:
Ok, sorry.

He had one good game on our way to the finals.
2nd on the team in scoring
T-1st on the team in goals
Played just under 21 minutes per game (2nd most on the team)

Uhhhhhhhh

Old
07-08-2013, 02:47 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
He had a big goal in Game 3 of the semifinals too. I'd argue he changed the tone of Game 4 against Florida as well with his deflection goal. That game was scoreless in the 2nd and if we had given up the first goal, that could've been very deflating.
I'm not underminding what he did, but let's not act like he took the bulls by the horn (Kovy did BTW) and carried this team to the finals.

If he wasn't there, someone else would've probably did the same. He scored a clutch goal and that's about it. Heck, even Volchenkov scored a key goal but that doesn't change the fact that he sucks royal balls.

My point was that moving Parise wouldn't of killed our hopes to reach the finals or make the playoffs and we would've gotten a King's ransom for his services if Lou would've moved him the same summer he inked that one year deal.

That's how I honestly feel about the matter, that's all.

Old
07-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Richer's Ghost
This guy can coach

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
2nd on the team in scoring
T-1st on the team in goals
Played just under 21 minutes per game (2nd most on the team)

Uhhhhhhhh
Lou shoulda known he wouldn't be the leader in all those categories and traded him for someone that would have been!

amidointhisright?

Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote