HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Regular Season Lineup Predictions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-06-2013, 02:33 PM
  #251
Gwydyr
Allons-y Alonso
 
Gwydyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Personally I'm looking for some 4th line injuries this year, it would be nice to see some non-Glass and Adams faces.
Is that a threat?

Gwydyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 02:52 PM
  #252
DoctrSteveBrule
Registered User
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I don't know why you bothered, either (except that it's August and we're all losing our collective hockey-hive-mind).

aint that the truth

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 06:42 PM
  #253
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 18,048
vCash: 500
I try to stay away from this board during the summer...nothing really new to report and if there was, there is that app. When something happens, I come back here to see what people have to say about it, just to see different perspectives.

All I know right now is that the team is over the cap, there are 2 guys that might make the team if they do well in the regular camp and maybe 1-2 people might be on their way out for cap space.

We all know the 1st line is going to remain the same, the 2nd line we have a pretty good idea of as well.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 12:15 AM
  #254
SEALBound
Fancy Conor McSheary
 
SEALBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,617
vCash: 500
I'm expecting:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Glass-Malkin-Neal
Menga-Sutter-D'Aga
Bennett-Vitale-Adams

on opening night. I just don't see how Bylsma will keep Glass out of the Top 6 given the bottom 6...

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 12:18 AM
  #255
Zen Arcade
Seen Spaling?
 
Zen Arcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 18,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
I'm expecting:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Glass-Malkin-Neal
Menga-Sutter-D'Aga
Bennett-Vitale-Adams

on opening night. I just don't see how Bylsma will keep Glass out of the Top 6 given the bottom 6...
I'd rather have Glass in the top six than Megna in the NHL.

edit: That was a bit harsh, but Megna has a lot to work on before he can be an NHLer. He's pretty much the classic all the tools, no toolbox type of guy.

I like him, he's very talented and he works hard, but he looks completely lost a lot of the time.


Last edited by Zen Arcade: 08-09-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 10:16 AM
  #256
Shady Machine
Registered User
 
Shady Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,846
vCash: 500
What about that Jokinen guy?

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 10:27 AM
  #257
DoctrSteveBrule
Registered User
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,460
vCash: 500
yeah! Bylsma sucks!!

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 10:28 AM
  #258
gdsmack267
Registered User
 
gdsmack267's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Heres the lineup I expect to be on opening day

http://www.capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster/30717


FORWARDS
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Pascal Dupuis ($3.750m)
Beau Bennett ($0.900m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / James Neal ($5.000m)
Jussi Jokinen ($2.100m) / Brandon Sutter ($2.067m) / Matt D'Agostini ($0.550m)
Craig Adams ($0.700m) / Dustin Jeffrey ($0.625m) / Joe Vitale ($0.550m)
Harry Zolnierczyk ($0.550m) / Zach Sill ($0.550m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Paul Martin ($5.000m) / Brooks Orpik ($3.750m)
Kris Letang ($3.500m) / Rob Scuderi ($3.375m)
Robert Bortuzzo ($0.600m) / Simon Despres ($0.840m)
Deryk Engelland ($0.567m) /
GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m)
Tomas Vokoun ($2.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,098,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,201,667

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 11:08 AM
  #259
Randy Butternubs
Registered User
 
Randy Butternubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,262
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
Heres the lineup I expect to be on opening day

http://www.capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster/30717


FORWARDS
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Pascal Dupuis ($3.750m)
Beau Bennett ($0.900m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / James Neal ($5.000m)
Jussi Jokinen ($2.100m) / Brandon Sutter ($2.067m) / Matt D'Agostini ($0.550m)
Craig Adams ($0.700m) / Dustin Jeffrey ($0.625m) / Joe Vitale ($0.550m)
Harry Zolnierczyk ($0.550m) / Zach Sill ($0.550m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Paul Martin ($5.000m) / Brooks Orpik ($3.750m)
Kris Letang ($3.500m) / Rob Scuderi ($3.375m)
Robert Bortuzzo ($0.600m) / Simon Despres ($0.840m)
Deryk Engelland ($0.567m) /
GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m)
Tomas Vokoun ($2.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,098,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,201,667
That looks pretty decent.

Randy Butternubs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 11:19 AM
  #260
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 46,043
vCash: 500
I like that. Though I expect Glass to be in there. I'd love him to be gone though.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 04:59 PM
  #261
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Matter
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Darkness
Country: United States
Posts: 27,555
vCash: 500
You forgot Martin on the LW. He coaches, he mentors, does it all!

But seriously, if Bennett is not penciled in at 1LW or 2LW to start this season I may have a mild stroke. I don't care which of he and Kunitz play on Geno's line but it better ****ing be one of them. Martin must take that as his first mission... to sew the seeds of greatness in Beauner so that he excels at camp and impresses the hell out of Disco, forcing his hand.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 05:02 PM
  #262
regard
Registered User
 
regard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Staal Debates
Country: United States
Posts: 3,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
You forgot Martin on the LW. He coaches, he mentors, does it all!

But seriously, if Bennett is not penciled in at 1LW or 2LW to start this season I may have a mild stroke. I don't care which of he and Kunitz play on Geno's line but it better ****ing be one of them. Martin must take that as his first mission... to sew the seeds of greatness in Beauner so that he excels at camp and impresses the hell out of Disco, forcing his hand.
Bylsmas already talked about him maybe being a good fit on Sutter's RW so I'd make sure your insurance policy is the best you can get.

regard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 05:08 PM
  #263
That1Kid
suh dude
 
That1Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
Heres the lineup I expect to be on opening day

http://www.capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster/30717


FORWARDS
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Pascal Dupuis ($3.750m)
Beau Bennett ($0.900m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / James Neal ($5.000m)
Jussi Jokinen ($2.100m) / Brandon Sutter ($2.067m) / Matt D'Agostini ($0.550m)
Craig Adams ($0.700m) / Dustin Jeffrey ($0.625m) / Joe Vitale ($0.550m)
Harry Zolnierczyk ($0.550m) / Zach Sill ($0.550m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Paul Martin ($5.000m) / Brooks Orpik ($3.750m)
Kris Letang ($3.500m) / Rob Scuderi ($3.375m)
Robert Bortuzzo ($0.600m) / Simon Despres ($0.840m)
Deryk Engelland ($0.567m) /
GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m)
Tomas Vokoun ($2.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,098,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,201,667
I agree with that, I'd switch Jeffrey and D'Agostini other than that I like it. What do you guys think draft pick wise we could get for Niskanen? I'm thinking a 2nd maybe a 3rd, but it looks like they're gonna keep him now. If I'm not mistaken, I was reading something about if a team is over the cap slightly, that's fine, but it's deducted from the cap the next season? Or something along those lines.seems like that's what the plan is at the moment at least.

That1Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 05:12 PM
  #264
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Matter
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Darkness
Country: United States
Posts: 27,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Bylsmas already talked about him maybe being a good fit on Sutter's RW so I'd make sure your insurance policy is the best you can get.
Even Bylsma must realize from a talent perspective that's a terrible idea, although I get traditionally good players start by learning on the 3rd line. In any case, I'm hoping part of the reason for him saying that (because Bennett obviously does not want to be a 3rd line player in this situation), is to motive the kid to muscle up this summer and impress at camp with improved areas of game (whatever they told him to work on).

But I will definitely double-check my policy rules. Or just leave instructions with my wife to end it with an untraceable poison (maybe iocane powder!), should the stroke incapacitate me permanently. No way I'm putting that burden on anyone. Just f-ing kill me dead and move on.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 08:55 PM
  #265
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That1Kid View Post
I agree with that, I'd switch Jeffrey and D'Agostini other than that I like it. What do you guys think draft pick wise we could get for Niskanen? I'm thinking a 2nd maybe a 3rd, but it looks like they're gonna keep him now. If I'm not mistaken, I was reading something about if a team is over the cap slightly, that's fine, but it's deducted from the cap the next season? Or something along those lines.seems like that's what the plan is at the moment at least.
Why? Dustin Jeffrey has difficulties playing on the wing.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 11:13 PM
  #266
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 11,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Butternubs View Post
That looks pretty decent.
Its not that far off from being very good.

I'm hoping the Dupes starts the year on Sids RW and then Bennett gets some time on that line. Then by the end of the year or next year Bennett can take over that 1st line spot while Dupes slides down to the third line.

That bottom 6 really worries me but I can live with it for now.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sutter traded for Kulemin. Then go with...

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Kulemin-Malkin-Neal
Dupuis-Jokenin-D'Agostini
Vitale-Jeffrey-Adams

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 11:26 PM
  #267
Waffle Fries
Registered User
 
Waffle Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Its not that far off from being very good.

I'm hoping the Dupes starts the year on Sids RW and then Bennett gets some time on that line. Then by the end of the year or next year Bennett can take over that 1st line spot while Dupes slides down to the third line.
I agree with this for the most part. Although I really don't ever want to ever see KCD again, as long as Beau makes it there eventually I'll be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Sutter traded for Kulemin. Then go with...

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Kulemin-Malkin-Neal
Dupuis-Jokenin-D'Agostini
Vitale-Jeffrey-Adams
This on the other hand I do not agree with at all.

Waffle Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 02:50 AM
  #268
That1Kid
suh dude
 
That1Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Why? Dustin Jeffrey has difficulties playing on the wing.
Didn't realize he had Vitale on the wing. The answer to that is that I like Vitale at C and Jeffrey on the wing way more than I like the opposite of that. I prefer Jeffrey over D'Agostini to start simply because of his tenure at the club. I could see them swapping line positions often. And I disagree about Jeffrey having difficulties on the wing
He won't set the world on fire, but he'll be solid and can still contribute offensively. D'Agostini is pretty similar to TK if I'm not mistaken, never got a chance to see him play really for STL and he was at NJ last season, correct? Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. If Beau is out of the top 6 though I will have fully given up on DB, Jussi is talented, but in his best seasons, a majority of his points came on the PP.

That1Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 02:58 AM
  #269
NMK11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
So if Bennet ends up on LW2 (which I hope he does), and Sutter and Jokinen are on line 3, what would people think about Jokinen as center and Sutter on the wing? Jokinen seems like more of a playmaking kind of guy, and Sutter is definitely faster.



Either way, my pipe dream/fantasy is still for the Pens to get one more good third line player, have Jokinen as 4C instead, and double shift Malkin and Crosby with him and either fourth line wing as much as possible.

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupers
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
(To be named)-Sutter-Dags
Adams-Jokinen-Vitale

Let's be real, Adams essentially PKs with maybe 4-5 shifts even strength a game. Let him kill penalties and give Malkin and Crosby each 2-3 extra shifts. Adams is no longer a liability, and occasionally rolling Jokinen-Crosby/Malkin-Vitale is actually a pretty fun line to think about.

NMK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 10:05 AM
  #270
YMCMBYOLO
WEDABEST
 
YMCMBYOLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,317
vCash: 879
How many games would you expect Tomas Vokoun to play in? 20? 30? 40?

YMCMBYOLO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 10:16 AM
  #271
Pens Junky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
I think that highly depends on MAF... if he is playing like he can in the regular season then I'd say Tommy V sees around 15-20 games... if he's playing like he did in the playoffs then Tommy could see 25-30... maybe more.

Pens Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 10:20 AM
  #272
Pens Junky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
I notice a lot of guys having BB on the left side and Nealer on the right. I have feeling we could be seeing the opposite of that for the simple reason that it's more difficult (defensively) playing the opposite wing as to your shooting hand. From a defensive standpoint its much easier to make plays on your forehand rather than your back hand. With it likely being BB's first full season I have a feeling that the brass will have him on the right side more than the left in order to make it easier on the kid. Just a gut feeling that I have. On the PP he'd be a great option of the left half wall for one timers... but come EVS I see him on the right side.

Just my $0.02.

Pens Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 02:17 PM
  #273
Randy Butternubs
Registered User
 
Randy Butternubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,262
vCash: 50
I got bored:


Randy Butternubs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 05:00 PM
  #274
SEALBound
Fancy Conor McSheary
 
SEALBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Butternubs View Post
I got bored:

I really want to believe this, I really do but where I'm at with Bylsma I have no confidence that he will put together that reasonable, logical lineup.

Glass and Adams will be in, no doubt. Vitale and Jeffery will duke it out. Bennett will not be a top 6 guy. I have doubts about Jokinen even being in the lineup.

As before (well edited from before):

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis (I think this is pretty much set)
Winger-Malkin-Neal (Winger candidates: Glass, Jeffery, Adams, Bennett...in that order).
Jokinen-Sutter-Dags
Bennett-Adams-Winger (Winger candidates: Vitale (Adams switched), Papy, Menga, Jeffery).

Waiting to see:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Glass-Malkin-Neal
Jokinen-Sutter-Dags
Bennett-Adams-Jeffrey

The only saving grace will be if Martin slaps DB up side the head...

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 05:05 PM
  #275
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 46,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
I really want to believe this, I really do but where I'm at with Bylsma I have no confidence that he will put together that reasonable, logical lineup.

Glass and Adams will be in, no doubt. Vitale and Jeffery will duke it out. Bennett will not be a top 6 guy. I have doubts about Jokinen even being in the lineup.

As before (well edited from before):

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis (I think this is pretty much set)
Winger-Malkin-Neal (Winger candidates: Glass, Jeffery, Adams, Bennett...in that order).
Jokinen-Sutter-Dags
Bennett-Adams-Winger (Winger candidates: Vitale (Adams switched), Papy, Menga, Jeffery).

Waiting to see:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Glass-Malkin-Neal
Jokinen-Sutter-Dags
Bennett-Adams-Jeffrey

The only saving grace will be if Martin slaps DB up side the head...
there is absolutely no chance that Glass, Adams or Jeffrey is in the top 6 over Jokinen or Bennett. None. One of Bennett and Jokinen will be in the top 6, the other will be on the third line. Jokinen will 100% be in the line-up unless he is hurt.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.