Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line ups

Old
07-09-2013, 06:29 AM
GaryinPrague

vCash: 0
what position was o'dell playing on the caps? if centre he seems to be more along the road to the nhl based on what they both did in the AHL, although mark didnt play there this year

GaryinPrague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Swanson
Beaveran

vCash: 500
First of all, hello everyone. My english is not the best, so please be patient with me, i'll work on it.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Scheifele - Setoguchi
Tangradi - Jokinen - Frolik
Wright - Slater - Peluso

Enström - Byfuglien
Bogosian - Trouba
Clitsome - Stuart

Pavelec/Montoya

The only thing that really bothers me is our second line. Sure, Setoguchi is an upgrade over Miettinen/Wellwood, but his style is pretty similar to Kanes. They need an playmaker. If Scheifele is not able to play second line minutes, we're pretty much screwed. Jokinen isn't the answer, he is also too similiar.

It's nice to see some German fellows over here. For the record, i am/was an Thrashersfan since 2004 or 2005, not quite sure. It's nice to see the franchise in good hands.

Swanson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Jay Gatsby
no puck luck!

vCash: 50
Looks like a German Invasion here :-)

The only thing I'd change ist Trouba/Clitsome, I don't think Bogo is able to be a teacher just yet.

Jay Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:37 AM
videofarmer
thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorthern knight View Post
As the post-game show callers say, you win by scoring more goals than the opponents. Clitsome was +10 last season, and he was not exactly playing "Randy-Jones-sheltered-minutes". Byfuglien was -1. As long as we win, I'm happy. I don't care whether it's 8-7 or 1-0.
Clitsome didn't have to cover for Buff much last season though. If those end up being the d-pairings (which I doubt anyway) that pairing is a liability.

videofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:39 AM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

vCash: 122
What is happening?
Where are you all guys coming from?

So Freunde, da wir jetzt in ihren Reihen sind würde ich sagen wir überrennen sie mit einer Blitzkrieg-Taktik.
Ich schnappe mir alle Tabellen und Daten von garret, Jay Gatsby wird der neue Moderator und Bogosian ist für die TNSE-Medienhasstyraden zuständig. Bald ist das Forum unser. HAHAHAHAHAHA
KRAUTSALAT!

P.S.: Garantiert wird einer von ihnen diesen Absatz übersetzen.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:39 AM
videofarmer
thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby View Post
Looks like a German Invasion here :-)
As long as there's no blitzkrieg involved, we're fine with that! Welcome!

Old
07-09-2013, 08:40 AM
videofarmer
thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
What is happening?

So Freunde, da wir jetzt in ihren Reihen sind würde ich sagen wir überrennen sie mit einer Blitzkrieg-Taktik.
Ich schnappe mir alle Tabellen und Daten von garret, Jay Gatsby wird der neue Moderator und Bogosian ist für die TNSE-Medienhasstyraden zuständig. Bald ist das Forum unser. HAHAHAHAHAHA
KRAUTSALAT!

Interesting timing. Sehr interesant!

Old
07-09-2013, 08:42 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 0
Quote:
Since we are now in their ranks I would say friends we will overrun them with a blitzkrieg tactics.
I grab all tables and data from garret, Jay Gatsby is the new moderator and Bogosian is responsible for the TNSE Medienhasstyraden. Soon the Forum is our. HAHAHAHAHAHA
COLE SLAW!

P.S.: Guaranteed one will translate this paragraph from them.
So, you guys are after our Cole slaw, are you.

Welcome aboard.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What is happening?

KRAUTSALAT!

Welcome to the new guys! But stay away from our Cole Slaw

Howard Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Jay Gatsby
no puck luck!

So funny, you really translated the German part.

Krautsalat, Schweinebraten & Kartpffelbrei :-)

BTW: really , Where are all those germans coming from ?

Jay Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Swanson
Beaveran

Quote:
What is happening?

KRAUTSALAT!

Klingt nach einem vernünftigen Schlachtplan!

Swanson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:22 AM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

vCash: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby View Post
So funny, you really translated the German part.

Krautsalat, Schweinebraten & Kartpffelbrei :-)

BTW: really , Where are all those germans coming from ?
I've been following the Thrashers since 2006 or something. I'd need to take a look at the roster to be sure what season I started. I followed the official thrashers board at first but switched to HFBoards for obvious reasons.

I followed the Thrashers board for another two season in a passive way and always felt like not enough of a hockey-expert to be an active part of the community. That changed after I was a volunteer at the WC in Germany in Mannheim when I was in the hall-way for the entire tournament and was in contact with players like Jagr, Pavelec, Stamkos, Taveres and so on everyday bringing them what they wanted. It pushed my confidence as a hockey-fan.

When the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg, I thought this would be the perfect moment to start posting actively on this board, due to the new start for my team and myself. And now I'm here, feeling replacable now, as I'm not the only and unique german Jets-fan around here anymore .

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:32 AM
WinnipegWinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Here's mine:

Ladd Little Wheeler

Kane Scheifele Seto

Tangradi* Jokinen Frolik

Wright Slater Peluso

* I am hoping we can sign Raymond to take the third line LW slot and push Tangradi to the fourth line.

Enstrom Bogosian

Clitsome* Buff

Stuart/Clitsome Trouba/Redmond/Postma

* While I'm ok with Clitsome in the number 4 spot ideally we bring in someone so that we can use him on the bottom pairing. I also think one of Redmond/Postma are traded in a package to adress our 2nd pairing.
This scares me a bit, based on other teams in the west is this a soft lineup?

WinnipegWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:48 AM
pcanuck

I like that people try to get lines together. So you know, I like doing it too - pairing Dmen and trying to get toughness and skill to gel.

But you're forgetting it's Noel - Christmas everyday everybody!! So expect Slater to center a line with Schiefele and maybe ... double stuff Buff. Then the next shift we'll have the all coast line (with no toughness) like Jokinen, Wright and .... hey! double stuff Buff. Or maybe we might want to ... oh my gosh, drop the gloves (not Noel's cup of tea) but Thorburn, Peluso and well, the only other guy to fight is Kane with maybe Bogo and Stuart.

There is no game plan boys ... remember, it's Noel. The lines will get juggled in the first 10 minutes. A free for all. I think TSN Jets should have a poll line so people can give Noel ideas during the game. Noel doesn't seem to be doing anything else constructive. We might win a few more games that way. TSN could giveaway a free Jets toaster for the most unique line combo to score.

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:57 AM
redstar15

I've watched Pardy play in Calgary and in Buffalo. He should fit winnipegs 5 or 6th D position ahead of Trouba, Redmond & Postma. And will challenge Stuart & Clitsome

He was easily Buffalos Top 4 D for the last 15 games of the season last year. He finished the season with a plus/minus of +4 when guys like myers, Regher, sekera, leopold were all minus. Yes, I know he only played 17 games, But still averaged 17 mins a game.

I think it was a great signing by the Jets

redstar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:59 AM
kthsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegWinter View Post
I wouldn't be very worried about division B's toughness until the playoffs.

Chicago, Colorado, and Minny are all soft. Dallas is a wild card but not very physical.

Blues are very big but lack high end skill - similar to playing Boston. Nashville is also a grinding team but roll a forward core full of 2nd and 3rd liners.

Adding Penner instead of a Raymond to the #3 LW would go a long ways to shoring up toughness.

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
I like that people try to get lines together. So you know, I like doing it too - pairing Dmen and trying to get toughness and skill to gel.

But you're forgetting it's Noel - Christmas everyday everybody!! So expect Slater to center a line with Schiefele and maybe ... double stuff Buff. Then the next shift we'll have the all coast line (with no toughness) like Jokinen, Wright and .... hey! double stuff Buff. Or maybe we might want to ... oh my gosh, drop the gloves (not Noel's cup of tea) but Thorburn, Peluso and well, the only other guy to fight is Kane with maybe Bogo and Stuart.

There is no game plan boys ... remember, it's Noel. The lines will get juggled in the first 10 minutes. A free for all. I think TSN Jets should have a poll line so people can give Noel ideas during the game. Noel doesn't seem to be doing anything else constructive. We might win a few more games that way. TSN could giveaway a free Jets toaster for the most unique line combo to score.
Not sure what you're talking about. If anything Noel is way too conservative with tweaking his lines in the middle of a game.

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-combos/

Jets line combos are among the more consistent in the league.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 11:37 AM
hockeyarena

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Scheifele - Setoguchi
Tangradi - Jokinen - Frolik
Wright - Slater - Thorburn
Byfuglien - Enstrom
Bogosian - Trouba
Stuart - Clitsome/Redmond

hockeyarena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 11:46 AM
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post

I do get that it is your right to have your own opinion, however negative it may be, but the issue is that you are wrong. Some of Noel's line combo's have been interesting, but it's your job as a coach To try and find a
Combo that works.

I can't even think of a time where he juggled lines in the first ten minutes. If he's going to
Line juggle he does it at the end of the game and typically there is very little that's random about it. Noel is a guy that rewards hard work and effort instead of innate talent.

I don't understand how you can have an opinion without educating yourself about the team and the facts about the game.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 07-09-2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: personal attacks
sully1410 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 11:47 AM
GoldenJet89

if thorburn is on the opening day roster, that is a bad sign IMO.

I think that Tangradi can/should be upgraded as well

GoldenJet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:13 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorthern knight View Post
As the post-game show callers say, you win by scoring more goals than the opponents. Clitsome was +10 last season, and he was not exactly playing "Randy-Jones-sheltered-minutes". Byfuglien was -1. As long as we win, I'm happy. I don't care whether it's 8-7 or 1-0.
I like how you always go to Randy Jones in regards to sheltered minutes.
Randy Jones on average faced a QoC -0.9, which is quite sheltered, but was only pushed into the offensive zone above 50% by 0.5.
Prior to being placed with Byfuglien (and 50% of this Clitsome's TOI), Clitsome was facing an average QoC of -1.0, and his OZS was about 55%. So, half the season Clitsome was sheltered more than Jones was on average. He was not sheltered much though for the later half.

+/- is a function of out-chancing your opponent, goaltending, usage and luck... two of those statistics (goaltending and luck) can be seen through percentages.
The percentages tend to need 200 games to regress to the mean just by 55%... which means you need far more than 200 games just to get luck out of +/-, and that still doesn't remove usage.
Clitsome benefited from the second highest SV% and highest team SH%. These percentages relative to team average are quite random as players on top one season for one of them and will be bottom next, etc. etc.
Corsi is essentially +/- with a lot less luck (but still slightly exists).

In other words, Corsi is what +/- would be if there was a lot less luck involved, but still usage.
You can remove first 10s of events to diminish the effects of OZS, although matchups still stay the same.
PlayerLinemate Raw CF%ZS Adj CF%
Buff Tobi 54.9 54.9
Clit 51.2 51.7
Bogo Tobi 53.8 50.3
Clit 44.8 50.0

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Bogosian44
Rookie User

Here are my predicted line ups for the upcoming 2013/14 season Breaking up the LLW line is a good thing in my opinion.
Ladd Schief Wheels - creativity
Kane Little Seto - speed
Tangradi Joker Frolik - 2 way
Wright Slater Peluso- grind/energy

Enstrom/Bogo
Clitty/Buff
Stuart/Trouba
Postma/Redmond

PP1 Ladd Little Seto Enstrom Buff
PP2 Kane Schief Wheels Bogo Trouba
PK1 Slater Frolik Clitty Bogo
PK2 Little Wright Stuart Trouba

Bogosian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Sixty Minute Man

Just throwing this out there, but how about:

Ladd Little Wheeler
Kane Frolik Setoguchi
Tangradi Jokinen Scheifele
Wright Slater O'dell

Peluso/Thorburn

Enstrom Bogo
Clitty Buff
Stuart Redmond

Postma/Trouba

Sixty Minute Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegWinter View Post
5 of 6 defenceman would be considered not soft,and 7 or 8 of our forwards would be considered hard nosed the players are there, our coach just has to ensure they play that way.we are one of the biggest teams in the league and we have added to our compete level with our recent acquisitions and loss of some soft ufa's our biggest issues will be having enough talent up front and having enough D that play a solid mistake free defensive game going forward.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:15 PM
km204

IMO Scheifele and Trouba need to spend at least half the season in the AHL. I don't understand why some of you want them here right away. Atlanta rushed almost all of their top prospects and how did that work out?

Also, we can't have Kane, Jokinen, and Seto all on the same line. 3 shooters does not make any sense. The best thing for Jokinen would be so play with someone who isn't a shoot first player (ex: Wheeler). Maybe he'll be able to find his game and contribute in our top 6.

I also think we may still sign one more depth guy to fill out our 3rd line, especially if the plan is to start Scheifele in the AHL. Someone like Matt Halischuk would seem like a nice fit.

This would be my opening day lineup:

Kane Little Setoguchi
Ladd Jokinen Wheeler
Tangradi/UFA O'Dell Frolik
Wright/Tangradi Slater Peluso/Wright
Thorburn

Enstrom Bogosian
Clitsome Byfuglien
Stuart Redmond
Pardy Postma

Pavelec
Montoya