HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Van and Phx

Old
07-09-2013, 08:37 PM
letowskie

vCash: 500
Van and Phx

Is there any interest in working out a deal centered around these two:

Michael Stone

Jordan Schroeder

Seems like teams with complementary needs, where as Vancouver could use one more RHD that is top four capable in the future, and Stone fits the bill of a potential 2-way top 4, and is already proven NHL material. Could do very well as a long term replacement for Bieksa, and a complement to Tanev on the right side.

Schroeder still has a quite a bit of untapped potential, and possibly be a long term replacement for Vermette in the system if he pans out. Although he is probably a bit more of a risk than Stone at this point; but might have some higher upside.

What do you think, what needs to be added on each side to make it work?

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:39 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Maloney just resigned Stone to a *great* 3 year deal, totally in line with what I was hoping he'd resign him for (1.15M AAV). With Morris potentially gone next season, no way are we moving him.

That said, I'd be open to Rundblad for Schroeder.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:02 PM
ARSix

Wow those are actually surprisingly reasonable proposals.

It's hard for VAN to accept because of the big gaping hole at 3C this year, but I think you sort of have to take Stone at least, given the lack of depth on D in the Canuck prospect pool.

Runblad's a tougher one because he hasn't shown he can play in the show just yet. Still that's not far off either.

ARSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Sergei Shirokov

No farmilliar with either Rundblad or Stone, but not sure I would want to part with Schroeder.

Alot of our young Dman are right handed, with us having Corrado I dont think that makes either Runblad or Stone a need, and we have just signed Weber, so we have another right handed PP guy, which kinda takes away any need for a right handed Dman.

I would rather just keep Schroeder for now, since he is probably the best candidate we have for that 3C spot.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:07 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'd decline as a Phoenix fan.

07-09-2013, 09:25 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Maloney just resigned Stone to a *great* 3 year deal, totally in line with what I was hoping he'd resign him for (1.15M AAV). With Morris potentially gone next season, no way are we moving him.

That said, I'd be open to Rundblad for Schroeder.
I see what you are saying;

Just for me, I think I would keep Rundblad over Stone, because of the higher upside, and him being the only RHD with top pairing potential in the system. Plus, we gave up on Turris, I want to see how he turns out.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:34 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
I wouldn't be terribly interested in moving either Rundblad or Stone for Schroeder.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

Schroeder is our 3C so I don't think this would work out, and we already have 2 young right-handed d-men (Tanev and Corrado).

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 400
It is literally not possible for Schroder to be an effective, defensively orientated 3C. For Schroder it's either top 6 minutes or become the next Andrew Ebbett. He just isn't big enough to handle bottom six duties and cannot hold his own.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
As a coyotes fan, I would trade neither of these guys for Schroeder. Especially not Stone.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:29 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
It is literally not possible for Schroder to be an effective, defensively orientated 3C. For Schroder it's either top 6 minutes or become the next Andrew Ebbett. He just isn't big enough to handle bottom six duties and cannot hold his own.
Traditionalist dogma.

Bottom six players don't have to be skill-less gritty thugs. If you are lucky enough to have a kesler, hanzel, staal or couturier (in two years) as a second line center, you don't need your third line to be for checking. Vancouver can and should ice an offensive third line. Same for Phoenix.

You don't fit players to systems, you fit systems to players.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:

He's gotta start somewhere, he is more than capable of being our 3C next season, then getting better & improving from there on out.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:38 PM
eklunds source

Quote:
Henrik Zetterberg is perhaps one of the best defensive centers in the league and he's 5'11", 195.

Jordan Schroeder gives up 2" and 10lbs to him.

I think that if Zetterberg can be one of the best in the world at something, that Schroeder could quite possibly be talented enough to be "acceptable" in a bottom-6 role.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 12:13 AM
StringerBell

We need centers much more than we need RHD prospects. I would decline this as a Vancouver fan. Good proposal nonetheless.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 12:53 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
I see what you are saying;

Just for me, I think I would keep Rundblad over Stone, because of the higher upside, and him being the only RHD with top pairing potential in the system. Plus, we gave up on Turris, I want to see how he turns out.
I wouldn't want the 'Yotes to keep Rundblad over Stone. Also the 'Yotes didn't give up on Turris, Turris quit on the Coyotes! IMO, Stone is more valuable to the Coyotes than Rundblad.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 01:36 AM
ohnoeszz

I would deal Schroeder for Rundbald (exactly the type of D prospect I think we need - RHD PP offensive type) IF Horvat or Gaunce prove ready for the 3C spot come training camp.

Otherwise I don't think the Canucks can afford to move a center.

I still like Schroeder's upside but I think the best thing for his career would be to play on a team like the Yotes that can provide minutes and has a need for him to be creative rather than limit mistakes (like as a 3C on the Nucks).

Good proposal. Can maybe be revisited come training camp.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1815
I'd probably consider something like this partway through the season if Schroeder still can't find a niche. With Schroeder, Gaunce, and Horvat in our system, it's likely someone will have to go, and that someone is probably Schroeder, barring a huge breakout season.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:09 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd decline as a Phoenix fan.
don't blame you as this is a make or break year from Schroeder, pretty risky pick up. Not that Rundblad is traveling all that well either. Maybe a swap of these two makes some sense. Stone I can't see being available for Schroeder.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:43 AM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
I still like Schroeder's upside but I think the best thing for his career would be to play on a team like the Yotes that can provide minutes and has a need for him to be creative rather than limit mistakes (like as a 3C on the Nucks).
He's probably more likely to get more minutes in Vancouver than in Phoenix. Especially if he wants to play center. I don't see him higher on the depth chart than Ribeiro, Hanzal, or Vermette, while Chipchura has earned his spot as the 4th center with his play the past 2 seasons. You have to prove your worth defensively before you are given more minutes under Dave Tippett.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 04:09 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Traditionalist dogma.

Bottom six players don't have to be skill-less gritty thugs. If you are lucky enough to have a kesler, hanzel, staal or couturier (in two years) as a second line center, you don't need your third line to be for checking. Vancouver can and should ice an offensive third line. Same for Phoenix.

You don't fit players to systems, you fit systems to players.

Now can you repeat this on our board until it finally sticks? Too many posters whine about Schroeder not being a "typical third liner" and the whole size fun.

Anywho, I' with Vankiller. This is something we might revisit depending how Schroeder performs, but unless we get Boyle from New York. There isn't an immediate need to trade Schroeder.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote