HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2014, 04:06 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
A 10 game intro in NA is nothing. He's just coming over and learning the system on the fly.
It's the same game. A 10 games intro means something, as well as the subsequent NHL training camps.

Kopitar - 61p in 72 g in NHL.. 19 years old... first season in NA
Backstrom - 69p in 82g as an 18/19 yr old... first season in NA

Talent knows no ice size.

I think we are unjustly pinning a lot of hope and expectations on this guy. I've never seen him play, but I can not find an example of similar scoring clip that translated into a good-great NHLer, especially at 22 years old. It may exist, but I can't find it.

Old
03-15-2014, 06:48 PM
triggrman

vCash: 557
I feel the same way about Jarnkrok as I do Forsberg replacing Erat
If he can at least match Legwand for 5 years it's a win.

Old
03-15-2014, 07:57 PM
markie8002000

Jarnkrok has a goal tonight…..

Old
03-15-2014, 08:24 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Calle is on fire

Old
03-15-2014, 09:28 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I feel the same way about Jarnkrok as I do Forsberg replacing Erat
If he can at least match Legwand for 5 years it's a win.
I'm not upset at what Legwand got in return or anything. But, if Jarkronk turns out similar to Legwand and Forseberg similar to Erat, and we do little else to address our scoring, and we ride Jarkronk with playing time he shouldn't be getting because we have no better alternatives, then we'll just be repeating the 7 years or so.

Old
03-15-2014, 09:48 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Jarnkrok is on a goal per game pace. 7 pts in 5 games.

Old
03-15-2014, 10:03 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Def a bright spot!

Old
03-15-2014, 11:19 PM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I'm not upset at what Legwand got in return or anything. But, if Jarkronk turns out similar to Legwand and Forseberg similar to Erat, and we do little else to address our scoring, and we ride Jarkronk with playing time he shouldn't be getting because we have no better alternatives, then we'll just be repeating the 7 years or so.
No doubt. I am referring more to the asset management

Old
03-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Hockeyfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
No doubt that Jarnkrok has played well and is on fire since joining the Ads. Another Admiral that has picked up the pace lately is Watson. He has 7pts in his last 7 games and that includes a 4 game point streak.

Old
03-16-2014, 01:28 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfever View Post
No doubt that Jarnkrok has played well and is on fire since joining the Ads. Another Admiral that has picked up the pace lately is Watson. He has 7pts in his last 7 games and that includes a 4 game point streak.
Better players around Watson make him more successful. Jarnkrok and Forsberg only make each other more productive. Watson, though playing on a different line is likely reaping the benefits of a team playing with confidence. It's also easier to score points when your opponent is pressing playing from behind. They are more prone to make mistakes, giving you more opportunities.

Old
03-16-2014, 07:26 AM
originalpredfan

One fact cannot be overlooked and that is that no matter how good they are doing now, they eventually have to play for Trotz and his "system".

Old
03-16-2014, 11:56 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

And look at what happened to the 50-goal scorers he's had in his "system".

Old
03-16-2014, 01:07 PM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalpredfan View Post
One fact cannot be overlooked and that is that no matter how good they are doing now, they eventually have to play for Trotz and his "system".
I am waiting to see what the proper maturation of Smith does to the people who claim Trotz's system snuffs the offensive life out of players.

Does Smith becoming a 20-25 goal scorer mean he would have been 30+ scorer in another system? Or do you have to admit that some players can still become scorers in Trotzs system(Hornqvist and Erat both were products of the system as well)? I wonder what the "its the system, stupid" crowd will say if Wilson gets back on track next year?

Old
03-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm not sure what point you are trying to prove? Poile himself admitted that the system is tough or offensive prohibiting. Are you debating this? If so, let's hear how Trotz's system is actually a boon to offensive players versus what other's are proposing (and you are denying) that this system is offensively challenged and tends to hold back offensive players.

It isn't like Smith has been put in a position to succeed very often here in Nashville. He was scratched multiple times as a rookie, sophmore, and this year. He found himself on the 4th line for the final half of his first season, most of his second season, and again saw time there this year. He has played with linemates that make no sense, benched because he isn't scoring with this linemates, and is only now getting more ice time after essentially forcing the issue by scoring on crap lines mid-way through the season.

Players can develop in any system. It doesn't mean that Trotz did the developing. Sometimes it is more about the player's will to face the challenge then the coach helping them along. I don't see how Trotz's system has done anything to help Craig Smith who has flourished everywhere BUT Nashville until the last 8 weeks or so of this season.

If you want to debate Erat, Arkhipov, Walker, Orszagh, Ward, etc. Fine. I don't see it here.

03-16-2014, 03:03 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I'm not sure what point you are trying to prove? Poile himself admitted that the system is tough or offensive prohibiting.
I'd like to see the quote on this. Other than some guy paraphrasing in a twitter hash tag.

Old
03-16-2014, 04:01 PM
MrMariusz

Hat off to Scott Darling. Delivered more than anyone could ask of him this season.

Old
03-16-2014, 04:32 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Dulz: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=708094

Old
03-16-2014, 07:02 PM
glenngineer
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I'm not sure what point you are trying to prove? Poile himself admitted that the system is tough or offensive prohibiting. Are you debating this? If so, let's hear how Trotz's system is actually a boon to offensive players versus what other's are proposing (and you are denying) that this system is offensively challenged and tends to hold back offensive players.

It isn't like Smith has been put in a position to succeed very often here in Nashville. He was scratched multiple times as a rookie, sophmore, and this year. He found himself on the 4th line for the final half of his first season, most of his second season, and again saw time there this year. He has played with linemates that make no sense, benched because he isn't scoring with this linemates, and is only now getting more ice time after essentially forcing the issue by scoring on crap lines mid-way through the season.

Players can develop in any system. It doesn't mean that Trotz did the developing. Sometimes it is more about the player's will to face the challenge then the coach helping them along. I don't see how Trotz's system has done anything to help Craig Smith who has flourished everywhere BUT Nashville until the last 8 weeks or so of this season.

If you want to debate Erat, Arkhipov, Walker, Orszagh, Ward, etc. Fine. I don't see it here.
Thank you. And it's funny that Trotz may be developing one offensive player. Wow. Whoopty doo. If you take in to account Erat, Legwand, Horqvist and now possibly Smith, that's what 4 guys in 15 years that are bottom type top 6 players? That's still not saying much. The way people want to disprove anyone around here by wanting guys to be more than they are is laughable. It truly is. Even if Smith develops some more, is he or will he be an elite talent, probably not, so it still stands to reason that Trotz and Poile can't draft and develop elite talent.

Old
03-17-2014, 07:12 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
Hat off to Scott Darling. Delivered more than anyone could ask of him this season.
Yes! Darling is 9-4-1 in 19 games with 93.1 save%, 2.09 GAA and 4 shut outs.

Old
03-18-2014, 02:07 AM
sparkle twin
That's Amore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Calle is on fire
So would you say that he is "Calle-iente"?

God that was lame.

Old
03-18-2014, 07:16 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
So would you say that he is "Calle-iente"?

God that was lame.
I liked it!

Old
03-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Ranskyre

vCash: 1000
Interesting article about moving "the Kids" up.

http://admiralsroundtable.com/2014/0...e-of-patience/

Old
03-19-2014, 12:00 AM
RomanEmpire

Jim Diamond said on twitter they'll "probably" call some guys up after this road trip.

Old
03-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Thank you. And it's funny that Trotz may be developing one offensive player. Wow. Whoopty doo. If you take in to account Erat, Legwand, Horqvist and now possibly Smith, that's what 4 guys in 15 years that are bottom type top 6 players? That's still not saying much. The way people want to disprove anyone around here by wanting guys to be more than they are is laughable. It truly is. Even if Smith develops some more, is he or will he be an elite talent, probably not, so it still stands to reason that Trotz and Poile can't draft and develop elite talent.
This is a factual line of thought. The lone elite type forward we draft turns out to be a nutjob and bolts to KHL. Hook and Forsberg have potential to be top 6 players and I expect Hook to be in Nashville next season and FF at least one more season in Milwaukee. Right now is not the time to briong them up. They need the experience of the playoff run and post season experience. This will make them better players when they make the jump up. Its hard to be paitent whe we watch games like the Oil game last night. But bringing them in just to play limited minutes in Nashville for a few games is not a productive way for them to finish this development year.

Old
03-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Matte99

Trotz and Poile might not be good at drafting and developing elite talent but they sure know how to steal them from other teams!

Closed Thread