HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2013, 06:47 PM
ErieOttersNews
Carry Us Connor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Guy View Post
I noticed the Otters dressed 7 D-men today. Did Felker move up to forward all game or did he take some shifts on D?
both.

Old
11-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Otters Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
both.
I must have missed something then because I didn't notice him playing forward at all

Old
11-12-2013, 06:11 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters Fan View Post
I must have missed something then because I didn't notice him playing forward at all
I do not think I saw him play forward either but I missed the first period though.

Old
11-12-2013, 10:58 PM
ottergolfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
I do not think I saw him play forward either but I missed the first period though.
i saw the whole game never noticed him at a forward position and i watch the lines very closely ...

nice snipe by Hodson to get off the snide hopefully it will get him going . he played a solid game and held back on a couple hits that could have been costly.

I am thinking that Quentin M is going to be a force in the coming years hope he keeps his attitude and get the ice time to develop.

First line with out Mc David is ok, not great,not as fast, but can still fill the net.

another thing I have noticed is the telephone booth puck skills up ad down the roster ,you can see the skills of the first liners rubbing off on all the guys..

aside from his turn over in Tues. game Travis D is impressing on the D and I wonder if Spencer A ever get dizzy from all his spin
moves?

Old
11-13-2013, 06:31 AM
ZinErie

Felker was listed as a 4th line wing, but didn't see any shifts at forward. I think all his shifts on D were in place of Donnay. I wonder if Troy was ill or nursing an injury. Didn't appear to be hurt or ill, but that would explain why Felker was active instead of Murphy or Wood.

Old
11-13-2013, 01:19 PM
ErieOttersNews
Carry Us Connor

Dansk skated today, no guarantees yet but I bet he plays one of the game this weekend.

EDIT: Otters move up the #4 in the CHL Top Ten, time to earn that ranking this weekend against #2 Guelph and #5 SSM.

Last edited by ErieOttersNews: 11-13-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old
11-14-2013, 10:15 AM
ErieOttersNews
Carry Us Connor

Raddysh and Williams "C" Skaters on central scouting's November players to watch. Have to think if they both keep up their performances they'll both got taken at some point in the draft. I think Pettit will get taken late as well for his size and defensive play. Don't think Hodgson or Felker will get picked. Also, any of Harper/Evans/Betz possible re-entry candidates?

Old
11-15-2013, 09:05 AM
BullsGuy

Just a quick question what do you think the Otters would pay for Gaunce I was thinking
Felker Harper and two 2nd 2nd round picks this year.

Old
11-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Raddysh and Williams "C" Skaters on central scouting's November players to watch. Have to think if they both keep up their performances they'll both got taken at some point in the draft. I think Pettit will get taken late as well for his size and defensive play. Don't think Hodgson or Felker will get picked. Also, any of Harper/Evans/Betz possible re-entry candidates?
What about Dermott?

Old
11-15-2013, 10:59 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
What about Dermott?
He has a late birthday so he isn't eligible until next years draft.

Old
11-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
He has a late birthday so he isn't eligible until next years draft.
Didn't know, thanks.

Old
11-15-2013, 12:34 PM
ErieOttersNews
Carry Us Connor

Yep Dermott is a late '96 and isn't eligible until the 2015 draft. It's early to say this but I think he'll be an A skater along with McDavid and Strome.

@BullsGuy I think the Otters would probably pay that for Gaunce if they decided to make a move for him.

Wow, what a huge game tonight. #4 vs. #5 in the CHL. Murray played last night but I'm sure he's going again tonight. Still unclear whether or not Dansk is playing, I'd rather give Williams both starts this weekend since he's in a bit of a rhythm right now, let Dansk play tuesday against the surprisingly awful Rangers.

Old
11-15-2013, 03:41 PM
ottergolfer

Quote:
Yep Dermott is a late '96 and isn't eligible until the 2015 draft. It's early to say this but I think he'll be an A skater along with McDavid and Strome.

@BullsGuy I think the Otters would probably pay that for Gaunce if they decided to make a move for him.

Wow, what a huge game tonight. #4 vs. #5 in the CHL. Murray played last night but I'm sure he's going again tonight. Still unclear whether or not Dansk is playing, I'd rather give Williams both starts this weekend since he's in a bit of a rhythm right now, let Dansk play tuesday against the surprisingly awful Rangers.
Dont think u will see Dermott moved. felker and harps ya maybe hodson in there too and everybody is looking for second rounders , but not sure anyone wants to give up two in a year maybe one in 14 and one in 16 but highly unlikely 2 in 14 .

Old
11-15-2013, 03:57 PM
ErieOttersNews
Carry Us Connor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottergolfer View Post
Dont think u will see Dermott moved. felker and harps ya maybe hodson in there too and everybody is looking for second rounders , but not sure anyone wants to give up two in a year maybe one in 14 and one in 16 but highly unlikely 2 in 14 .
No chance Dermott is moved, he's too good. Honestly if he was eligible for this years draft I think he would probably get taken. Could definitely see Felker/Harper/Hodgson moved, maybe Evans or Betz as well. We could afford to give up two in 2014 because we have three this year, our own plus Owen Sound's and Ottawa's which are both likely to be very high picks, so those carry a lot of trade value.

EDIT: Williams starting tonight, but Dansk is in the lineup as the backup.

Last edited by ErieOttersNews: 11-15-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old
11-15-2013, 09:12 PM
ErieOttersNews
Carry Us Connor

Impressive win. SSM is very good defensively, one of the better teams offensively as well, we were better. Nurse did a great job on the McDavid line but the powerplay was good and the 4th line struck for two huge goals. Can't stress enough how fantastic the effort was defensively though, only giving up 18 shots to them is amazing. Lets hope we can duplicate that effort tomorrow night, Guelph is firing on all cylinders right now offensively.

Also, I'm willing to be Dansk makes the start tomorrow night. Again I'd rather have Williams in there because he's just in the zone right now, but we'll see what Knoblauch does.

Old
11-15-2013, 10:09 PM
ottergolfer

Quote:
Impressive win. SSM is very good defensively, one of the better teams offensively as well, we were better. Nurse did a great job on the McDavid line but the powerplay was good and the 4th line struck for two huge goals. Can't stress enough how fantastic the effort was defensively though, only giving up 18 shots to them is amazing. Lets hope we can duplicate that effort tomorrow night, Guelph is firing on all cylinders right now offensively.

Also, I'm willing to be Dansk makes the start tomorrow night. Again I'd rather have Williams in there because he's just in the zone right now, but we'll see what Knoblauch does.
I think we will see Willie in the net against Guelph they are hot so is he . Oscar would be rusty and maybe not in game shape Look for him on Tues against Kitchener.

Great game tonight a punch counter punch type playoff atmosphere
when u can get scoring from third and forth liners you have a team the will go far ..
glad they were smart enough to buy into the system a big pat on the back to the boys....

Old
11-16-2013, 12:17 AM
ottergolfer

after fight antics

anyone else have a problem with the antics of Kevin Spinozzi Of the Greyhounds after his fight with Hodgson?

his continuing to punch as hodgson tried to back away I feel broke the unwritten warrior code that says when the fights clearly over you stop .
and his over the top celebration / gloating ... really uncalled for .

but in the end Hayden and the Otters got the last laugh 3-0 shutout

for some reason this just rubbed me the wrong way
Thoughts........

Old
11-16-2013, 06:44 AM
ErieOttersNews
Carry Us Connor

Quote:
anyone else have a problem with the antics of Kevin Spinozzi Of the Greyhounds after his fight with Hodgson?

his continuing to punch as hodgson tried to back away I feel broke the unwritten warrior code that says when the fights clearly over you stop .

Thoughts........
Yeah I wasnt too happy with that, I was there with a friend who isn't a huge hockey fan and he remarked that hodgson got killed, and I said yeah but that SSM guy went way over the line punching Hodgson when he was down and out. He got a misconduct for that crap though.

Old
11-16-2013, 09:11 AM
KnightSpit

Very Impressive Win

Quote:

OtterNews the reason this was so impressive is that SSM was able to shut down all the Otters Top Guns. (Hell they can't do it every night) Then a nice goal from Strome and Murphy flying to the net. You have to eventaully get some production from the 3rd and 4th lines, in any leauge to win it all.

Knoublach looks like a genius for converting that Murphy kid to a forward, looking better every game, they just need to give him more Ice time. Would like to see Murphy on a line with Maksimovich and one of either Strome or Evans. Also Betz looks great just flying with that big body like a train, players just seem to step out of his way. OtterNews I think that was Murphy's first goal (Not counting the Pre Season) am I correct on that? If so nice to get it infront of the home crowd in an important game.

Williams what a stud, man when Dansk goes to the show, no worries. Also no reason to trade for anyone, don't want to upset the locker room. These guys just seem to be so unselfish and have bought into the team concept.

Also, for the most part thought the refs called a good game. What was the crowd like last night ? Hopefully same line up tonight for another big game. Erie is just so much fun to watch. Please do post the line up for tonight if and when you get it.

Old
11-16-2013, 09:20 AM
ErieOttersNews
Carry Us Connor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
OtterNews the reason this was so impressive is that SSM was able to shut down all the Otters Top Guns. (Hell they can't do it every night) Then a nice goal from Strome and Murphy flying to the net. You have to eventaully get some production from the 3rd and 4th lines, in any leauge to win it all.

Knoublach looks like a genius for converting that Murphy kid to a forward, looking better every game, they just need to give him more Ice time. Would like to see Murphy on a line with Maksimovich and one of either Strome or Evans. Also Betz looks great just flying with that big body like a train, players just seem to step out of his way. OtterNews I think that was Murphy's first goal (Not counting the Pre Season) am I correct on that? If so nice to get it infront of the home crowd in an important game.

Williams what a stud, man when Dansk goes to the show, no worries. Also no reason to trade for anyone, don't want to upset the locker room. These guys just seem to be so unselfish and have bought into the team concept.

Also, for the most part thought the refs called a good game. What was the crowd like last night ? Hopefully same line up tonight for another big game. Erie is just so much fun to watch. Please do post the line up for tonight if and when you get it.
-Yes SSM did a nice job on the big guns, looks like their coach Sheldon Keefe was doing his best to get Nurse-Gudbranson out against the McDavid line and it worked. But the depth came through.

-Murphy had a good game at forward tonight, I agree good decision to move him there he's played well. I would like to get him more playing time but forward lineup is good and he understands he's going to spend most of the time on the 4th line. He's doing his job well.

-Top two lines were the usual last night, bottom two lines were Evans-Pettit-Betz, Murphy-Strome-Hodgson. I'd like to see Maksimovich on the 4th line LW tonight and Murphy at the 4th line RW. I admit Hodgson played a better game last night but I like rotating guys in. I'll post the lineup on this post when its released, I imagine its going to be very similar.

-Yes, that was Murphy's first OHL goal. Strome grabbed the puck for him.

-Williams is playing great right now. Like Dansk he is benefiting from the improved defense, hes facing about only 26 shots a game, but I'm confident with him in net.

-Yeah I think the refs were pretty good, except for that garbage high sticking call on Fox that gave SSM nearly two minutes of 5 on 3. That was clear interference on SSM but we did a good job killing that off, that was a big momentum swing.

-Crowd was about 3600 last night, not great but pretty good as there was something like 1600 over at Veterans stadium (football stadium like five minutes from Erie Insurance Arena) for a big playoff football game last night. It was a very loud crowd though, almost felt like a playoff game. Bet we see close to 5000 tonight.

EDIT: Devin Williams first goalie off at morning skate. Seems likely he's going to start tonight, not official though. If thats the decision, I think its the right one imo.

Last edited by ErieOttersNews: 11-16-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old
11-16-2013, 02:33 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:

Thoughts........
I actually did not really see anything wrong with it. Unless I missed something Hodgson was not laying on the ice when the punches were thrown. He was backing away standing and on his knee at one point I believe. It is a fight so I expect both players to be throwing until one is completely down on the ice. As far as the celebration I just did not think much of it either. He just sort of yelled back to his teammates to pump them up. I have seen far worse things at games in the past by Jordan Shine, David Jarram, and Bobby Davey just to name a few.

Old
11-16-2013, 03:24 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:

Great point. I also believes it broke the code. Fighting has its place. When your opponent is at your mercy, the fight is over. I dont know if u recall Chara vs Neil, old team-mates in Ottawa...they had a fight and Chara slipped down to one knee and Neil had his arm back ready to throw, but he stopped and the fight was over. Chara showed his gratitude and gave him a pat on the back. Classy move by Neil to not take an unfair advantage. Emery broke the code pounding Holtby I think as well. IF the guy doesnt want to fight and one guy is pummelling him, its not a fight to me, its an act of bullying and u never hit a guy who is down.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 11-16-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old
11-16-2013, 08:41 PM
massey

Congrats Erie.3 SH goals.That is impressive.Then the OT goal.Good comeback

Old
11-16-2013, 08:54 PM
ErieOttersNews
Carry Us Connor

There are no words.

Old