HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2013, 06:34 PM
defensehockey19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
I thought he was one of your better d-men this year?
I was under the impression that was the case as well..

Old
11-23-2013, 06:43 PM
ZinErie

It could be they just wanted to get Felker into the lineup and Radysch most needed the rest.

Old
11-23-2013, 07:12 PM
ZinErie

Otters up 4-0 midway through 2nd. The second goal was a beauty. All 5 players touched the puck. The last 3 passes were tic tac toe passes.

Old
11-23-2013, 08:56 PM
EON 93
very ok poster

vCash: 400
solid bounceback game tonight. Powerplay got it going, Strome had a beauty. Defense was great through the first two periods, kept everything to the outside, Sudbury was just shooting it from anywhere. Got a little lazy in the third, Williams played very well though. Interesting to see who Knoblauch gives the start to thursday against Guelph.

Old
11-23-2013, 09:51 PM
KnightSpit

Arena and Sudbury Game Report

Well we made the trip, fresh in from the freezing cold here is my report

Arena: What a great job, state of the art, only thing missing is a nice new video scoreboard (heard it is on the way)

Food Concessions: For $3.50 best HotDog in the OHL. Super Nachos a Super Deal, that is all I had and I was stuffed.

Otters Store: Where was it, there were these mini type kiosks, but is there an Otters store ?

Crowd: Pakced sell out 6,700. Biggest crowd in ERIE History. I was surprised that they seemed quiet. Tickets, got lucky as someone gave them for free.

Parking: Only $4.00 and it was covered, nice.

Bars: Went to SLUGGERS, before the game, just across the street, really good pre-game atmoshpere and a great deal on Pre_Game Bud Light.

The Game: WOW Williams was amazing. Erie has the best One / Two tandem in the leauge. Fox, once again playing like the OHL MVP, he does it all. Don't know why Williams was not the # 1 star. Strome, turning into a stud, no way he ever goes back on the thrid line, so what do you do with Harper ? He had some chances tonight but it did not go in. Crisp back to ERIE, wow that kid is huge !!! I did not notice McDowell ??? Otter News how many penalty minutes does Hodgson have for the season ??? McDavid had some amazing burst of speed rushes, you can just see the D back up on him.

Overall: What an FN arena ERIE has, I would say having been to half of the rinks in the OHL, this one ranks up there in the top 5, with all the renovations and work the state did. The sale price on this team, jsut went up to 7 Million LOl !!!!

Never thought I would be following this team like I am, but it is fun and great contributions from people on this board

Old
11-23-2013, 09:59 PM
ottergolfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
solid bounceback game tonight. Powerplay got it going, Strome had a beauty. Defense was great through the first two periods, kept everything to the outside, Sudbury was just shooting it from anywhere. Got a little lazy in the third, Williams played very well though. Interesting to see who Knoblauch gives the start to thursday against Guelph.
the Otters played a pretty good game and both teams got a bit lazy at times. i still have a feeling Mc David is not 100% just seems to be a step off.

Chrispy was giving a few shots after the whistle to some of the otters ..do not know if they were friendly or what.... have to ask some one closer to ice level anyone?

as for the sellout crowd i am disappointed in the noise level that place should have been louder than it was... at times not a sound ... no lets go otters on the big board...really thought we would raise the roof...better be better next game ....

Old
11-23-2013, 10:14 PM
EON 93
very ok poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Well we made the trip, fresh in from the freezing cold here is my report

Arena: What a great job, state of the art, only thing missing is a nice new video scoreboard (heard it is on the way)

Food Concessions: For $3.50 best HotDog in the OHL. Super Nachos a Super Deal, that is all I had and I was stuffed.

Otters Store: Where was it, there were these mini type kiosks, but is there an Otters store ?

Crowd: Pakced sell out 6,700. Biggest crowd in ERIE History. I was surprised that they seemed quiet. Tickets, got lucky as someone gave them for free.

Parking: Only $4.00 and it was covered, nice.

Bars: Went to SLUGGERS, before the game, just across the street, really good pre-game atmoshpere and a great deal on Pre_Game Bud Light.

The Game: WOW Williams was amazing. Erie has the best One / Two tandem in the leauge. Fox, once again playing like the OHL MVP, he does it all. Don't know why Williams was not the # 1 star. Strome, turning into a stud, no way he ever goes back on the thrid line, so what do you do with Harper ? He had some chances tonight but it did not go in. Crisp back to ERIE, wow that kid is huge !!! I did not notice McDowell ??? Otter News how many penalty minutes does Hodgson have for the season ??? McDavid had some amazing burst of speed rushes, you can just see the D back up on him.

Overall: What an FN arena ERIE has, I would say having been to half of the rinks in the OHL, this one ranks up there in the top 5, with all the renovations and work the state did. The sale price on this team, jsut went up to 7 Million LOl !!!!

Never thought I would be following this team like I am, but it is fun and great contributions from people on this board
-Yes new video board will be here next season. The one they have now is serviceable but it's screens are just really outdated.

-There is not an Otters store, just a bunch of kiosks around the concourse

-Williams was great tonight. I think he may take over as #1 soon.

-Strome played great tonight, agreed he's not going on that third line unless a trade is made. Harper did play pretty well tonight I'll give him that. Harper-Evans-Betz worked well together.

-Crisp is a big kid, but he didn't really get much going at all tonight. I wonder if he wishes he was still in Erie.

-McDowell got traded again, to Sarnia. Probably why you didn't notice him lol.

-Hodgson has 32 PIM in just 19 games, and I believe only one fighting major. Kid needs to be more disciplined. Just waiting for the day when he takes a cheap shot and gets suspended for 15 games for being a repeat offender.

-McDavid's acceleration is pretty incredible, but I agree with ottersgolfer he seems a little off. At times it seems he's just casually skating out there. Perhaps just a minor nagging injury, he's still playing great. The way his season is going, there isn't a doubt in my mind Fox is winning OA of the year. 25 goals in 25 games, wow.

-Definitely loving this new rink. I haven't been to any others but glad to hear you think its in the top five.

-And yes, the crowd was a bit quiet for how big it was. I think it was a combination of some new fans being here and not really getting into it, as well as the control Erie had in the game. Honestly, this game was pretty much over when Strome put us up 4-0. And thats all well and good but when you put the game away so quickly it kinda takes down the intensity of the game. 4200 fans at the Guelph game were way louder than 6700 tonight, because of the intensity of the game.

Old
11-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Wolfman Jack

Don't get to excited Erie fans. Yes you have a great first and second line and a good pairing on defence however the Wolves have been hampered with injuries all season. In fact the Wolves played with two call ups (Eccles and Clapham) with no more than 10 games between them and at only 16 and 17 years of age. Also Leblanc, Cummins, Burgess and Capibanco are only 17, 17, 17 and 16 respectively. That means Dunnick was our only defender tonight with more than 2 full seasons in the league. We were missing Raine, Corbett, Dehann, Kubalik, and Silk. With all these players in the line up and healthy we would have been much more into this game. Just wanted to point that out.

Old
11-23-2013, 11:00 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Im with u on Fox being OHL MVP at this point. He does everything. I think his skillset is the most unique in the O.

Old
11-23-2013, 11:34 PM
ottergolfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman Jack View Post
Don't get to excited Erie fans. Yes you have a great first and second line and a good pairing on defence however the Wolves have been hampered with injuries all season. In fact the Wolves played with two call ups (Eccles and Clapham) with no more than 10 games between them and at only 16 and 17 years of age. Also Leblanc, Cummins, Burgess and Capibanco are only 17, 17, 17 and 16 respectively. That means Dunnick was our only defender tonight with more than 2 full seasons in the league. We were missing Raine, Corbett, Dehann, Kubalik, and Silk. With all these players in the line up and healthy we would have been much more into this game. Just wanted to point that out.
thank you for that update but as i have always said the team that is on the ice is the team you win or lose with.
so you are saying the losses don't mean as much because the stars were not there?
what happens when the world Jr's get here and every one loses a few superstars?
when your full team plays the full otters team, I say it will be a great game, with the Otters coming out on top...my opinion ...
only time will tell

Old
11-23-2013, 11:44 PM
EON 93
very ok poster

Quote:
sounds like a bunch of excuses to me

Old
11-24-2013, 01:19 AM
Dave Hahn
HFB Partner

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Dave Hahn
Quote:
The Wolves dress Burgess consistently, just wanted to point that out.

Have to think Raddysh sat for a couple poor performances against winning clubs. Certainly doesn't hurt to avoid complacency and showcase Felker.

Disappointed Erie hasn't struck a deal for blueline help yet.

Basso? Too late.
Austin? Burned that bridge.
Bell? London only.
Duininck? Meh.
Graham? Had the picks...

Direct competitors of the Otters are upgrading while legitimate options are getting crossed off the availability list. Tick tock, Sherry.

Old
11-24-2013, 08:15 AM
EON 93
very ok poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plymmy11 View Post
The Wolves dress Burgess consistently, just wanted to point that out.

Have to think Raddysh sat for a couple poor performances against winning clubs. Certainly doesn't hurt to avoid complacency and showcase Felker.

Disappointed Erie hasn't struck a deal for blueline help yet.

Basso? Too late.
Austin? Burned that bridge.
Bell? London only.
Duininck? Meh.
Graham? Had the picks...

Direct competitors of the Otters are upgrading while legitimate options are getting crossed off the availability list. Tick tock, Sherry.
Cross McEneny off the list as well. Options starting to run dry. But that Graham deal was pretty bad for Saginaw imo, I'm glad we didn't make it. Just think that was a big overpayment for a guy thats not that good in his own zone.

Old
11-24-2013, 08:23 AM
bullsfan72

Bad deal or not the price will keep going up. You say that you don't wanna part with picks and prospects , I understand to a point but one yr you have to take a gamble and go for it if not the players and fans constantly will wonder what if. You have to make a decision and go for it

Old
11-24-2013, 08:24 AM
EON 93
very ok poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsfan72 View Post
Bad deal or not the price will keep going up. You say that you don't wanna part with picks and prospects , I understand to a point but one yr you have to take a gamble and go for it if not the players and fans constantly will wonder what if. You have to make a decision and go for it
I understand we're going to have to part with picks and prospects, but I'm just saying after seeing the way Jesse Graham played against us there was no way I would pay the price Saginaw did for him. I would have given up one second round pick at the most.

Old
11-24-2013, 08:29 AM
bullsfan72

I understand you wouldn't pay more than a 2nd but the market determines the price and separates the pretenders from contenders I totally understand I wouldn't have pd that for graham either If twitter was right yesterday and they say there was a lot of talk this should be a busy week for deals. It will be interesting to see what the prices are and should determine how busy the deadline will be

Old
11-24-2013, 09:21 AM
BramptonFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsfan72 View Post
I understand you wouldn't pay more than a 2nd but the market determines the price and separates the pretenders from contenders I totally understand I wouldn't have pd that for graham either If twitter was right yesterday and they say there was a lot of talk this should be a busy week for deals. It will be interesting to see what the prices are and should determine how busy the deadline will be
Erie doesn't need a Jesse Graham. They have Pelech and Abraham who are both top 20 in dman scoring(Pelech is ahead of Graham and Abraham right on his heels) plus Dermott as well. Trading for graham is not what they need. I do agree Bassin needs to make a deal now to show his players the he believes in them it would be a huge boost to team moral. I think they should look for a Defense first defenseman, I'm a huge fan of Trevor carrick from Mississauga. Its so hard to decide who to part with, maybe go with an overagesr shutdown guy and trade Abraham while he's hot, or keep him seems to be emotional leader. Or trade Raddysh and go with an older look to the Blueline. Personally I go older, experienced teams with experienced back ends win championships.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Wolfman Jack

Quote:
sounds like a bunch of excuses to me
Not at all just fact. And Burgess equates to tier 2 player. So like i said earlier don't get too excited. It's a different game with a full line up as Erie had.

Almost forgot was Carrol and Park the Ref combo. That's right Good thing they enjoy the Erie PP.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:42 AM
itsahemi

Quote:
Not at all just fact. And Burgess equates to tier 2 player. So like i said earlier don't get too excited. It's a different game with a full line up as Erie had.

Almost forgot was Carrol and Park the Ref combo. That's right Good thing they enjoy the Erie PP.
Erie has heard that fact 20 times this year and only used it four.

Old
11-24-2013, 12:34 PM
EON 93
very ok poster

Quote:

okay, lets be honest here, even if Sudbury has their full lineup Erie is the better team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramptonFan09 View Post
Erie doesn't need a Jesse Graham. They have Pelech and Abraham who are both top 20 in dman scoring(Pelech is ahead of Graham and Abraham right on his heels) plus Dermott as well. Trading for graham is not what they need. I do agree Bassin needs to make a deal now to show his players the he believes in them it would be a huge boost to team moral. I think they should look for a Defense first defenseman, I'm a huge fan of Trevor carrick from Mississauga. Its so hard to decide who to part with, maybe go with an overagesr shutdown guy and trade Abraham while he's hot, or keep him seems to be emotional leader. Or trade Raddysh and go with an older look to the Blueline. Personally I go older, experienced teams with experienced back ends win championships.
Agreed, with the emergence of Dermott we don't need Graham. Pelech is playing great, probably one of the better dmen in the league. I do not deal Abraham under any circumstances. Abraham is solid on the third pairing and you said it, he's an emotional leader. I don't want to deal Raddysh, I'd rather deal Felker, but Raddysh is the more valuable asset. Go for an experienced 94 on the backend, our overager situation is very good right now. Just with the way Abraham's playing I don't think the assets we would have to spend would be worth any potential upgrade.

Old
11-24-2013, 12:42 PM
mouse 29

Hello Otters fans.
Here is a thought for you, AA and Dotchin from Barrie. I think both would be a great fit with Erie.

Old
11-24-2013, 01:52 PM
KnightSpit

Trades No Need For It

Quote:
I understand we're going to have to part with picks and prospects, but I'm just saying after seeing the way Jesse Graham played against us there was no way I would pay the price Saginaw did for him. I would have given up one second round pick at the most.
Overrated, period end of Story, Would not give a bag of McDavid autographed pucks for him. Stop all the trade talk people, the Otters have one of, if not the best team in the OHL right now and cannot be beaten in their own rink. So why on earth would you trade and they have one of the best team chemistry's around. Listen if they lose 4 or 5 in a row, maybe, but the way this team is playing, not gonna happen.

Nice to know, that ERIE has so many assets that other teams now covet.

Old
11-24-2013, 02:16 PM
ZinErie

Standing pat isnt going to get it done. Yea, Erie is a contender. But you dont add to this team and others do and you wont have a deep playoff run. Another quality forward to play with Burakowsky on the second line is needed.

Old
11-24-2013, 02:47 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:

Your comments are attention seeking, Im not even going to address your trolling bait u lay out there. Your posts are the actions of someone who is DESPARATE for attention. Stop your whining, excuse making, take it like a man and move on, grow up. If your 10 yrs old I apologize sincerely.

Old
11-24-2013, 04:26 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinErie View Post
Standing pat isnt going to get it done. Yea, Erie is a contender. But you dont add to this team and others do and you wont have a deep playoff run. Another quality forward to play with Burakowsky on the second line is needed.
I agree that another forward is probably the biggest need right now. I am not so sure adding another d-man will make a great difference because every one on that blue line deserves to be there and they have all played outstanding this year. I think adding a 95 born forward is the way to go. A player that is going to contribute every night but will not cost Strome. I am thinking players like Justin Bailey from Kitchener, Zach Nastasiuk from Owen Sound, or Nicholas Baptiste from Sudbury if they decide to sell. All of these guys I think could be acquired with a combination of one player like Felker, Hodgson, or Harper and 2-3 second round picks.

Closed Thread