HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Penguins Summer Sign & Trade Emporium | Part XIII | No Buyouts for You!

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Gwydyr
Allons-y Alonso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsono93 View Post
If Lundqvist tests free agency next summer what would his price tag be? If we got rid of Fleury, Glass, Orpik, Niskinen could he fit under the cap. A man can dream Lundqvist would make us a dynasty team . I doubt he leaves NYC just curious what you guys think. Thanks.
If he makes it to free agency, some money happy team would give him 63M/7yrs. That team will not be the Penguins. We could only afford 7M-7.5M per if we don't want to break the cap.

Regardless, I think he stays with the Rangers. He's worth every penny to that team.

Old
07-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeptop View Post
There is a serious logic hole here. If Crosby had no confidence in his linemates, then why was he blindly expecting them to be exactly where he needed them to be? Wouldn't it make more sense for him to try to hold on to the puck longer and try to stickhandle through four players instead? Particularly since he and Malkin have been known to try exactly that from time to time... and occasionally succeed at doing so.

The blind passes speak to errors in judgement on Crosby's part. Trying to deflect the blame from Crosby on to his linemates for that is pretty absurd.

If anything, I think the blind passes show that the team in general still has a little too much of the "we'll beat anyone on pure skill" mentality. Having the entire Senators team talk up that idea in the Pens' heads immediately before the Bruins series probably didn't help. It does speak to a bit of a lack of maturity.

In some ways, the fact that the Pens won the Cup in 2009 hurts them a bit. They remember that they opened up a bit offensively, but don't think about the little things they did then to tighten up their play and keep things simpler. So they figure they're doing things exactly as they did in 2009, when, in fact, they aren't.
I jumped from A to C without mentioning B: Crosby doesn't think they can create on their own, so he tries to do it all himself >> the other team knows this, so they collapse on Sid and give him no space >> Sid tries to force crazy passes through.

Old
07-15-2013, 03:11 PM
mpp9

Vokoun proved last postseason that we don't need an elite goalie to win. Just a guy who can not lose us games on his own.

I have no intereset in paying a goalie top dollar when we already have over 25 mil locked up in 3 players.

Old
07-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
If Lundqvist tests free agency next summer what would his price tag be? If we got rid of Fleury, Glass, Orpik, Niskinen could he fit under the cap. A man can dream Lundqvist would make us a dynasty team . I doubt he leaves NYC just curious what you guys think. Thanks.
If he was willing to take 7-7.5M, then yes, we could definitely fit him under the cap (provided it goes up to ~70M). But if he's leaving New York it would be for a big pay day. I would love Lundqvist on this team, but unfortunately that will probably remain a dream.

Old
07-15-2013, 03:30 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Vokoun proved last postseason that we don't need an elite goalie to win. Just a guy who can not lose us games on his own.

I have no intereset in paying a goalie top dollar when we already have over 25 mil locked up in 3 players.
That's what I have been saying. We just need a guy who can stop pucks and have solid outings.

Old
07-15-2013, 03:51 PM
redsono93

So looks like Zherdev is available would we take a chance on him?

Old
07-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
So looks like Zherdev is available would we take a chance on him?
nope

Old
07-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Freeptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
I jumped from A to C without mentioning B: Crosby doesn't think they can create on their own, so he tries to do it all himself >> the other team knows this, so they collapse on Sid and give him no space >> Sid tries to force crazy passes through.
That's an interesting theory, but it doesn't match what I saw when watching the games. Crosby did several blind passes, either cross-ice or drop passes, without even having all that much pressure on him.

For that matter, even in the situation you describe, with all of Crosby's hockey IQ and awareness, if he had no confidence in his linemates, wouldn't it have made more sense for him to get the puck deep and then chase, rather than try some sort of pass-to-nowhere?

Have we really gotten to the point where we have to claim that Crosby never makes mistakes that aren't forced on him around here? He's the best player in the world, that doesn't mean he's perfect.

Old
07-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
nope
Is he willing to sign for approximately 700K, for 1 year? If the answer is no, then no. He should be paid marginally more than D'Ags but that's about it. Wouldn't spend / risk more than that on him.

Old
07-15-2013, 06:33 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
This will be the longest offseason and longest season of all time. Nothing matters until we make the playoffs and wait around for DB to fail us. Anyone know what to do to pass about 10 months?

Old
07-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
This will be the longest offseason and longest season of all time. Nothing matters until we make the playoffs and wait around for DB to fail us. Anyone know what to do to pass about 10 months?
We could always quibble for pages on end about incredibly minor issues. That'd be a change of pace.

Old
07-15-2013, 06:46 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Quote:
I'm actually hoping for a December-January losing streak that gets him fired. I'm 100% okay risking the playoffs for a chance to get rid of him.

Old
07-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
I'm actually hoping for a December-January losing streak that gets him fired. I'm 100% okay risking the playoffs for a chance to get rid of him.
I dislike Bylsma, but that is completely ridiculous.

Old
07-15-2013, 06:53 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
We could always quibble for pages on end about incredibly minor issues. That'd be a change of pace.
I fancy that an HF special. We are only into July. Yikes!

Old
07-15-2013, 07:13 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
I dislike Bylsma, but that is completely ridiculous.
Whats worse...no playoffs or watching the same old **** destroy us?

Old
07-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
no playoffs.

Old
07-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
No playoffs 100%

I think it's bizarre to root for your team to fail no matter the reason.

Old
07-15-2013, 08:47 PM
redsono93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Is he willing to sign for approximately 700K, for 1 year? If the answer is no, then no. He should be paid marginally more than D'Ags but that's about it. Wouldn't spend / risk more than that on him.
That's what I was thinking maybe a 500-700K one year contract. The question would be where to put him.

Old
07-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Superstar Shane

Quote:
That's what I was thinking maybe a 500-700K one year contract. The question would be where to put him.
Hah, in this organization he'd be in Wheeling before training camp ended.

Old
07-16-2013, 01:06 AM
SHOOTANDSCORE
Don't drive hungry!

Quote:
I have some ideas

Old
07-16-2013, 03:49 AM
Ugene Malkin
Hello Mr. Andersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTANDSCORE View Post
I have some ideas

We already do this.

So....the solution is kill off our, ground hog.

In Shero we trust, just resign everyone, and give them nothing to work with, and make them learn to do it on their own.

Old
07-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwydyr View Post
If he makes it to free agency, some money happy team would give him 63M/7yrs. That team will not be the Penguins. We could only afford 7M-7.5M per if we don't want to break the cap.

Regardless, I think he stays with the Rangers. He's worth every penny to that team.
We went over this already in another thread, I don't think it will happen but if the Penguins are very interested in Lundqvist, something can be done to get him here. The cap will be going up, a few UFA will be leaving and Fleury and Martin would/could be moved. The possibility is there, again I don't think it happens but if they really want, it can work

Old
07-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Definitely no playoffs, Christ do people forget what this franchise went through 10 years ago

Old
07-16-2013, 08:40 AM
redsono93

Wayne Smith head scout for Boston is available. What's his draft history like and would we be interested in more scouts? What's the average amount of scouts per organazation? Just curious thanks

Old
07-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
In Shero we trust, just resign everyone, and give them nothing to work with, and make them learn to do it on their own.

I see your simplicity and raise you one insanity.

Closed Thread