HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mikhail Grabovski [MOD Warning Post #17]

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Pyrophorus

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraSphere View Post
, no one on the leafs board is happy... his contract was just too big, they saw it coming, it was bound to happen. I was depressed the whole day when he got bought out are you kidding lol
Liles at the same contract would've been far better to buy out, considering our strength there.

Old
07-13-2013, 12:59 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
Liles at the same contract would've been far better to buy out, considering our strength there.
Ayup. Last year we had two top-6 capable guys in Grabs and Mac playing bottom 6 minutes because the Kadri line was clicking.

If it doesn't click this year, we're up ***** creek without a paddle; our scoring depth is gone.

Old
07-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
Nobody should have been bought out. After the Bolland deal, they should have just signed Mac for 2 years at a nice cap hit and be done with it. The team with Mac, Grabo, and Komi is no worse than it is now. At least this way the Leafs would have both buyouts, an expiring Komi and some spots for youngsters.

In both cases, the Leafs need some young guys to reach the next level, in order to compete.

Fans of this team are so embarrassing. Get a clue and stopping overrating players because they're Leafs.

Remember, IF CLARKSON SIGNED WITH ANY OTHER TEAM, YOU ALL WOULD BE LAUGHING AT THEM. Smarten up!!!!

This fan base, like lambs to the slaughter. Sickening. Every year the same delusions.

( this is not aimed at the poster I quoted.)

/rant

Old
07-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Anth93

I'm hoping he goes to the Devils.

Old
07-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
I'm shocked he hasn't been picked up yet, looks like things have dried up. He may have to go the "Derek Roy" route and sign a 1-year deal with a club and look forward to next summer for another pay day

Old
07-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Stormcrow

I always liked Grabo and he is still useful to a team that has a 2nd line center need. The big issue with Grabo is his play style. He is a north/south guy that doesn't use his team mates effectively. There are some teams that have systems that could fit his style of play but I am not too sure if NJ is one of them. I would be that he goes to Anaheim, although I don't know too much about what system the Ducks use.

Old
07-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Scorey Perry
Ultimate Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
I always liked Grabo and he is still useful to a team that has a 2nd line center need. The big issue with Grabo is his play style. He is a north/south guy that doesn't use his team mates effectively. There are some teams that have systems that could fit his style of play but I am not too sure if NJ is one of them. I would be that he goes to Anaheim, although I don't know too much about what system the Ducks use.
They run a North/South system. I think the Ducks are the best fit for Grabo. Unfortunately I don't think Bob agrees.

Old
07-13-2013, 02:59 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

Hope he goes to the west so he doesn't burn us that often.

Old
07-15-2013, 04:20 PM
GossomeRwing

I for one am hoping that Karl Alzner took such a low pay day so GMGM would have the funds to sign Grabovski as the 2nd line center.

Last edited by GossomeRwing: 07-15-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old
07-15-2013, 05:35 PM
do0glas

probably offers on the table, just seeing if other teams will better it etc.

other possibility is that he all but took himself off the market with his ranting in the media. doubtful, but possible.

Old
07-15-2013, 06:21 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Ayup. Last year we had two top-6 capable guys in Grabs and Mac playing bottom 6 minutes because the Kadri line was clicking.

If it doesn't click this year, we're up ***** creek without a paddle; our scoring depth is gone.
You mean the Leafs didn't sign any other players to replace MacArthur or Grabovski? Yes that will be tough.. oh wait.. they did sign other players or will their contracts weigh them down enough that they are unable to score goals. Clarkson actually almost scored as many as both MacArthur and Grabovski combined last year.. but yeh, depth is gone.

Old
07-15-2013, 07:30 PM
officialmark7*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post

I'm not sure if you noticed, but Grabo and Mac didn't exactly light it up offensively.

Old
07-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Kevin Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by officialmark7 View Post
I'm not sure if you noticed, but Grabo and Mac didn't exactly light it up offensively.
Exactly, MacArthur mailed it in last year. I don't get why some Leafs fans are so bent out of shape about loosing Grabovski. Kadri's play last year is what made Grabs expendable. Leafs fans were too caught up with Grabovski's drive instead of actually looking at the stat sheet. He was brutal in the playoffs.

Old
07-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
Nobody should have been bought out. After the Bolland deal, they should have just signed Mac for 2 years at a nice cap hit and be done with it. The team with Mac, Grabo, and Komi is no worse than it is now. At least this way the Leafs would have both buyouts, an expiring Komi and some spots for youngsters.

In both cases, the Leafs need some young guys to reach the next level, in order to compete.

Fans of this team are so embarrassing. Get a clue and stopping overrating players because they're Leafs.

Remember, IF CLARKSON SIGNED WITH ANY OTHER TEAM, YOU ALL WOULD BE LAUGHING AT THEM. Smarten up!!!!

This fan base, like lambs to the slaughter. Sickening. Every year the same delusions.

/rant
They have been doing this since I can remember really. Take a look at the advanced stats last year, they got very lucky. If they want to make the playoffs they will need to step it up big time and I don't feel that their team is much better.

As a habs fan, this pleases me.

Old
07-16-2013, 01:14 AM
N o o d l e s

I think the Capitals need Grabo, they certainly need a number 2 center and if it's not Grabo it will have to be through trade. I can see him as a fit in either Washington or NJ.

Old
07-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Malone View Post
Exactly, MacArthur mailed it in last year. I don't get why some Leafs fans are so bent out of shape about loosing Grabovski. Kadri's play last year is what made Grabs expendable. Leafs fans were too caught up with Grabovski's drive instead of actually looking at the stat sheet. He was brutal in the playoffs.
MacArthur's PPG was the same as Clarkson's last year...and the year before.

Kadri's play and Bolland trade should have made Bozak expendable. Bozak gets talked about with "chemistry" with Kessel, yet puts up 40-50 points. Toronto's 3rd line C position got better for sure. But the #1 C spot did not.

I guess we all have more years of "imagine Kessel with a #1C instead of a 3rd line C" coming our way.

Old
07-16-2013, 09:19 AM
maplepred

Put grabo on Nashville to play with Wilson. He would instantly be out best forward!

Old
07-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Rockmorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
I'm shocked he hasn't been picked up yet, looks like things have dried up. He may have to go the "Derek Roy" route and sign a 1-year deal with a club and look forward to next summer for another pay day
I heard on Sportsnet radio that he got married the first week of July and is on his honeymoon. They say he has multiple offers, but is waiting until he gets back to make a decision.

Old
07-16-2013, 10:04 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Put grabo on Nashville to play with Wilson. He would instantly be out best forward!
With Hornqvist on the right side. That line would be dynamite.

Old
07-16-2013, 10:18 AM
daveleaf

Some Leaf fans fell in love with the way Grabo played against the Bruins in the regular season and the playoffs. He put his body on the line all the time but he was ineffective in the playoffs. Lost key faceoffs and never looked for line mates on the rush. The guy has skill but I will be the first to say I am glad he is not on the Leafs anymore, if he was so valuable he would have been picked up first couple of days but it has been dragging on. Fact is with his salary he had no value in the trade market-zero! He lost his job on the Leafs by his ineffectiveness, not only his own but his linemates. If anything MacA made that line go.

What do you pay him now? Will he take a two year deal for 2M per? I doub't it but that is what he is worth. Someone will try and sign him if not, I see him in the KHL.

I just don't see it and right now a lot of NHL GM's don't see it either.

Old
07-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Bobby Axelrod
HFBoards MVP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post

/rant

You need a drink man?

OMG the horror, some people are optimistic and don't sound like they might off themselves whenever a transaction occurs!

The only thing sickening or embarrassing is the attitude of some fans and how some people like the paint everyone with the same brush. People need to get over themselves and fast. Nonis is doing what he and a group of others feel is the right thing for the team. As far as I know, they are all a lot more qualified than some random keyboard GM.

Old
07-16-2013, 11:25 AM
The Winter Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
Some Leaf fans fell in love with the way Grabo played against the Bruins in the regular season and the playoffs. He put his body on the line all the time but he was ineffective in the playoffs. Lost key faceoffs and never looked for line mates on the rush. The guy has skill but I will be the first to say I am glad he is not on the Leafs anymore, if he was so valuable he would have been picked up first couple of days but it has been dragging on. Fact is with his salary he had no value in the trade market-zero! He lost his job on the Leafs by his ineffectiveness, not only his own but his linemates. If anything MacA made that line go.

What do you pay him now? Will he take a two year deal for 2M per? I doub't it but that is what he is worth. Someone will try and sign him if not, I see him in the KHL.

Grabo is the epitmimy of looking good but accomplishing little.

He was the #2C(played with JVR) for us to start the series with Boston but was lit up against Krejci. Produced little.

Randy Carlyle made an adjustment and went back to Kadri in a top 6 role later in the series and when Bozak went down. Dropped Grabo to #3C and he failed again, ending with a woeful -10 in the series.

Pretty much this is the summary of his work. Get rocked, played leaky defence, little to no secondary offence, no physical game.

Teams will realize this when and if he signs with another team.

Old
07-16-2013, 11:46 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post

It's amazing how much his value has decreased with most Leaf fans since he was bought out.
Before we were just told that he was slightly overpaid but still a very solid player.
For what it's worth I think that he would be a valuable player to a lot of teams. He played some real tough minutes in Toronto and I think they will miss him. I understand the reason for the buy out though as he wasn't worth what he was being paid.

Last edited by vanwest: 07-16-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old
07-16-2013, 01:27 PM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
I'm hoping he goes to the Devils.
I certainly wouldn't mind. If Lou signs Brunner and Grabo it'll be the best offseason ever.

Elias-Zajac-Brunner
Henrique-Grabovski-Ryder
Zubrus-Loktionov-Clowe
Olesz-Carter-Bernier

Old
07-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
I certainly wouldn't mind. If Lou signs Brunner and Grabo it'll be the best offseason ever.

Elias-Zajac-Brunner
Henrique-Grabovski-Ryder
Zubrus-Loktionov-Clowe
Olesz-Carter-Bernier
Agreed because for us to get both Grabo and Brunner means he found a way to move Volchenkov. That alone would be an amazing offseason

Closed Thread