HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Don Cherry talks about Bozak and Clarkson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-09-2013, 03:05 PM
  #1
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 500
Don Cherry talks about Bozak and Clarkson

Quote:
(Seven years) for Clarkson, I knew about that (Thursday). I gave my word, so I have to sit there listen to these guys talking about where guys are gonna go...I mean... I knew (Nathan) Horton was going to Columbus. (Bozak) I canít believe they re-signed him for that, I mean, thereís a classic case of overpaying a guy. Ridiculous. Heís a plugger, heís playing with (Phil) Kessel and he canít get 20 goals. You could get 20 goals playing with Kessel (laugh).Ē
I find this interesting.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/09...ason-nhl-moves

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:06 PM
  #2
LakeshoreWest
Leafs in 7
 
LakeshoreWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 500
Source?

LakeshoreWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:12 PM
  #3
AmazedRink
Nifty Mittens,ATTACK
 
AmazedRink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
Lol Seguin a monk.

AmazedRink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:13 PM
  #4
wulfio*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Burlington
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 500
lol nice rip on bozak

wulfio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:14 PM
  #5
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Well, at least he thinks highly of Kessel

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:19 PM
  #6
ThreeHundred
Registered User
 
ThreeHundred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,066
vCash: 500
He's right! Bozak can't get 20 even with Phil. Bad move.

ThreeHundred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:20 PM
  #7
Didact
Nonis lost his mind
 
Didact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
Nonis was stupid and desperate in resigning bozak.

Didact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:21 PM
  #8
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,591
vCash: 500
Such an idiot.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:27 PM
  #9
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,707
vCash: 500
Truth is we are barely better if at all right now, we had a chance to get much better and Nonis didn't take it.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:32 PM
  #10
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didact View Post
Nonis was stupid and desperate in resigning bozak.
So you'll be happy of course if Kessel is top 10 in scoring again next year and JVR being on pace for a career year as he was with that plug in the middle? Bozak is an importantly player, and he will help the team win, and Bozak staying doesnt hurt his pal from wanting to stay here for a bit longer.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:34 PM
  #11
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didact View Post
Nonis was stupid and desperate in resigning bozak.
If it assists Kessel's re-signing, Than over paying by 500-700k will be worth it.

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:39 PM
  #12
Didact
Nonis lost his mind
 
Didact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
So you'll be happy of course if Kessel is top 10 in scoring again next year and JVR being on pace for a career year as he was with that plug in the middle? Bozak is an importantly player, and he will help the team win, and Bozak staying doesnt hurt his pal from wanting to stay here for a bit longer.
sign another plug with solid faceoffs skillls, decent defensive skills and slightly above hands for cheaper. Not thrilled that it's looking like bozy is the long term solution at the #1 slot.

Didact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:39 PM
  #13
SarcazemKadri
Registered User
 
SarcazemKadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Truth is we are barely better if at all right now, we had a chance to get much better and Nonis didn't take it.
What was that chance..?

SarcazemKadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:40 PM
  #14
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
So you'll be happy of course if Kessel is top 10 in scoring again next year and JVR being on pace for a career year as he was with that plug in the middle? Bozak is an importantly player, and he will help the team win, and Bozak staying doesnt hurt his pal from wanting to stay here for a bit longer.
This is such mularky.

There's no evidence to support the "Bozak is important", other than he's Phil's buddy, and that's blown way out of proportion... Like.. WAYYY out of proportion, by Bozak's supporters.

Everyone but Bozak's fanclub can see it. Cherry was right... Again.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:40 PM
  #15
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Truth is we are barely better if at all right now, we had a chance to get much better and Nonis didn't take it.
You complain all the time we are worse, so just post your moves in a new thread and we'll all have a crack at your team. Go do your dream team bro. Put your money where your mouth is.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:40 PM
  #16
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Truth is we are barely better if at all right now, we had a chance to get much better and Nonis didn't take it.
MacArther, Scrivens, Grabovski

out


Clarkson, Bernier, Bolland

in



And we're not better? Alright then.

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:42 PM
  #17
Aplayaz2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 500
could use a cherry video

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:44 PM
  #18
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
You complain all the time we are worse, so just post your moves in a new thread and we'll all have a crack at your team. Go do your dream team bro. Put your money where your mouth is.
Even if his moves were better, you would never admit it, so stop calling someone out, as a setup.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:52 PM
  #19
leaffan88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: T.
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
What exactly is cherry saying about clarkson? Term too long?

leaffan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:52 PM
  #20
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
If it assists Kessel's re-signing, Than over paying by 500-700k will be worth it.
If they need re-signing Bozak to assist Kessel's re-signing then Kessel is not the player I want here.

Suntouchable13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:54 PM
  #21
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankuptheSnakes View Post
This is such mularky.

There's no evidence to support the "Bozak is important", other than he's Phil's buddy, and that's blown way out of proportion... Like.. WAYYY out of proportion, by Bozak's supporters.

Everyone but Bozak's fanclub can see it. Cherry was right... Again.
I dont know, JVR, Lupul and Kessel all had career years playing with Bozak. Look it up, its fact. Even more strange than that, each of those wingers had better center's than Bozak, yet had better numbers with this plug in the middle? The other evidence I can show you, is that Bozak is the defensively responsible player on that first line. If he werent, teams would score more goals against than the top line can produce. Not to mention Bozak is good on faceoffs and is an important part of the PK. Its a joke really, people chirp and complain that Bozak doesnt score more, hence he sucks. Scoring is not, and has not been a problem for the Leafs. Bozak is the player that allows his wingers to be successful with his defensive play and smarts. Another poster who equates scoring to being a good player.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:55 PM
  #22
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
If they need re-signing Bozak to assist Kessel's re-signing then Kessel is not the player I want here.
Don't worry, that wasnt the only reason at all.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:56 PM
  #23
wulfio*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Burlington
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
You complain all the time we are worse, so just post your moves in a new thread and we'll all have a crack at your team. Go do your dream team bro. Put your money where your mouth is.
i will do his team for him.

grabovski/future 2nd/ for stastny
sign scuderi
buyout liles
1st round pick/biggs/percy for ryan
bolland trade
no bernier trade

jvr-stastny-kessel
lupul-kadri-ryan
mcclement/colborne-bolland-frattin
d'amigo-colborne/mcclement-orr/mclaren

phaneuf-scuderi
gardiner-franson
reilly-fraser/gunnarson

reimer
scrivens

(no i don't think any of those trades are realistic, just what leaf fans think is realistic).

wulfio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:58 PM
  #24
Didact
Nonis lost his mind
 
Didact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
I dont know, JVR, Lupul and Kessel all had career years playing with Bozak. Look it up, its fact. Even more strange than that, each of those wingers had better center's than Bozak, yet had better numbers with this plug in the middle? The other evidence I can show you, is that Bozak is the defensively responsible player on that first line. If he werent, teams would score more goals against than the top line can produce. Not to mention Bozak is good on faceoffs and is an important part of the PK. Its a joke really, people chirp and complain that Bozak doesnt score more, hence he sucks. Scoring is not, and has not been a problem for the Leafs. Bozak is the player that allows his wingers to be successful with his defensive play and smarts. Another poster who equates scoring to being a good player.
they all had career years playing with kessel, not Bozak, in lupul's case it was only 18 games this year and Kadri did more than good enough for him. I'm arguing that he's not a 1st line center (arguable if he's even a top 6 forward), and doesn't address our long term needs.

Didact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 04:03 PM
  #25
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didact View Post
they all had career years playing with kessel, not Bozak, in lupul's case it was only 18 games this year and Kadri did more than good enough for him. I'm arguing that he's not a 1st line center (arguable if he's even a top 6 forward), and doesn't address our long term needs.
Do your homework, look at Lupul last season, not the most recent. How could Kessel not have a career year with a very talented and healthy Savard at the time, if it is Kessel doing all the heavy lifting anyway? You're not making any sense. It is fair to say Bozak is not a number one center, but what doesnt that matter? He is playing well in the middle, his linemates are doing extremely well with him there, and Bozak plays special teams, and is good defensively. He may not be your prototypical number 1, but he is doing what he needs to. I dont recall Anaheim fans chirping when Andy Macdonald was their number one center?

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.