HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Don Cherry talks about Bozak and Clarkson

Old
07-22-2013, 08:50 AM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
Going by the playoffs, it seems that Carlyle showed more confidence in him than any other time. Gardiner actually had the highest even strength ice time per game at 21:34 in 6 games. Was also 2nd behind Phaneuf for total time on ice per game.

I think Carlyle just didn't like how Gardiner looked after his injury and could probably tell he needed time to adjust his game back to where it should be.

Hopefully this year Gardiner is given enough responsibility to show how he manages it for a full season.
Agreed.

A lot of people also seem to forget how when Carlyle first came to town, how well Gardiner played under him to end off the season.

I remember how the entire team was falling off a cliff while Gardiner managed to be our only player who continued to play well and get better. Pretty sure he scored almost half his points that season after Randy took over the head coaching position and was also averaging well over 20 minutes a game.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:02 PM
The Legend
Stamkos in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
Going by the playoffs, it seems that Carlyle showed more confidence in him than any other time. Gardiner actually had the highest even strength ice time per game at 21:34 in 6 games. Was also 2nd behind Phaneuf for total time on ice per game.

I think Carlyle just didn't like how Gardiner looked after his injury and could probably tell he needed time to adjust his game back to where it should be.

Hopefully this year Gardiner is given enough responsibility to show how he manages it for a full season.
It's just game 1 that continues to bother me. Everyone and their mother questioned why Gardiner wasn't in the lineup and Kostka was. Judging by the way that Jake played in games 2 through 7, he should have been in there in Game 1.

The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Liminality

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
It's just game 1 that continues to bother me. Everyone and their mother questioned why Gardiner wasn't in the lineup and Kostka was. Judging by the way that Jake played in games 2 through 7, he should have been in there in Game 1.
Yep, it always surprises me how much ice time Kostka got per game throughout the season when I'm not even sure where he contributed to the team last season. Even played 31:33 against the NYR on January the 26th and was a -4.

I'm sure they wished they put Gardiner in game 1 now, don't think it would have changed anything but maybe it wouldn't have been such a demoralizing loss as it was.

Liminality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:39 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

Imagine if Phaneuf didn't have a brain fart in Game 4, we might have won that game

The Reaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:52 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts...the Leafs would have won a Cup by now. (The saying is altered slightly)

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:17 PM
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
Imagine if Phaneuf didn't have a brain fart in Game 4, we might have won that game
Oh oh, I love this game... What if Phaneuf hadn't gone to the net in game five, we might have lost that game...

The Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:26 PM
blue82
BELEAF (win or lose)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apologist View Post
Oh oh, I love this game... What if Phaneuf hadn't gone to the net in game five, we might have lost that game...
game 6...but yeah agreed

blue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:29 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
Imagine if Golden Boy Gardiner didn't have a brain fart; we may have scored in OT of game 7.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:31 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Imagine if Golden Boy Gardiner didn't have a brain fart; we may have scored in OT of game 7.
It was actually Franson who made the mistake lol

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 03:15 PM
blue82
BELEAF (win or lose)

i still have yet to see a replay of the game 7 OT goal, i'm sure cbc will show it during the opening montage for the first game of the season, i will wait until then

blue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 03:52 PM
The Legend
Stamkos in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue82 View Post
i still have yet to see a replay of the game 7 OT goal, i'm sure cbc will show it during the opening montage for the first game of the season, i will wait until then
I will be happily looking away at the wall when they do. If I go to hell, I am pretty sure Jack Edwards calls of goals 4 and 5 in Game 7 will be playing on a loop.

The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote