HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs have spoken with Morrow

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2013, 08:18 AM
EveryDay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
7 x 20+ goal seasons, character, grit, heart, wife is a Montrealer and he's a winger that can play with the "kid" line, trade Moen and sign Morrow!!!

I would give him a 2 year contract, maybe even 3 if he takes less money and we can trade Desharnais for cap relief.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Briere
Morrow - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust - White - Parros

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Tinordi - Bouilon

Price
Budaj
I like thoses lines but i'm tired to see Gionta on the first line.... to me he's more a 3rd liner now....I would like Therrien to try Tinordi with Subban in the training camp

Old
07-10-2013, 08:20 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Where does morrow even fit unless we make a trade?

Old
07-10-2013, 08:26 AM
AmeriHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Aren't we all hoping for a trade? There's a reason why every proposal lately has DD or Gionta

Last edited by AmeriHab: 07-10-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old
07-10-2013, 08:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
He would replace Gionta if he starts the season late or DD if he is traded.

Either way Morrow would be a nice addition if we can get him for 2 years at a decent price.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Jigger77

Count me in for Morrow. Kind of sandpaper this team needs. Always thought he'd look great in a Habs uniform.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I feel like we're a guy who was all cocky and thought we could get any girl, but now at this point we're just begging for anyone to touch us. 1 year deal would be fine for Morrow to see how does. Hopefully he doesn't hate PK
I have no idea what you mean by that?

Old
07-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Brainiac

I like how everybody is making lineups without DD.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:35 AM
llamateizer

I want Jagr

Old
07-10-2013, 08:37 AM
WestIslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
I like how everybody is making lineups without DD.
It's reality, if the Habs are starting the season with Gionta, Briere, Desharnais and Plekanec in the top six then kiss the playoffs goodbye and even they do make the playoffs, they won't get out of the first round.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
In the playoffs. Rumoured to be hurting bad, Morrow had 40 hits in 14 games.

His 15 regular season games with Pittsburgh he had 37.

With Dallas in 29 games he had 48.

Total: 85 hits in 44 games. Almost 2 hits a game.

Would have placed him 4th on the team.

I just saw a title for an interview with him on youtube. "I want to the win the cup"

So, we'll see if he comes here. Stars fans said he had very little left, but seem to have been rejuvenated in Pittsburgh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I have no idea what you mean by that?
Everybody was all "Clarkson, get Clarkson" Then it was "Get Jagr, WE WANT Jagr" and no it's to Morrow. Eventually we'll just want anyone to sign with us.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

François Parenteau ‏@fparenteau 44s Le #Canadien a eu des discussions avec l'agent de Brenden Morrow http://tvasports.ca/hockey/canadiens...morrow-9072013 … #Habs #LNH #NHL

Old
07-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
It's reality, if the Habs are starting the season with Gionta, Briere, Desharnais and Plekanec in the top six then kiss the playoffs goodbye and even they do make the playoffs, they won't get out of the first round.
That doesn't make any sense... I mean, Gionta was hurt and DD played below his previous standard, and Briere, for all that he isn't what he was, is still a good player who is just a pure addition. Gallagher was a rookie and ought to get better. It simply doesn't make sense that a team which was 2nd in the Conference suddenly just doesn't make the playoffs simply because they have all 4 of these guys.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Dagistitsyn

His tank is running on empty.. anything longer than a 1 year deal could be a bad mistake.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:53 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Can someone give me the pros and cons of Jagr vs. Morrow?
Jagr
older
costs more
only wants to be here for money
czech

morrow
younger
costs less
more heart
more gritt
wants to be here
canadian

Old
07-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
In the playoffs. Rumoured to be hurting bad, Morrow had 40 hits in 14 games.

His 15 regular season games with Pittsburgh he had 37.

With Dallas in 29 games he had 48.

Total: 85 hits in 44 games. Almost 2 hits a game.

Would have placed him 4th on the team.

I just saw a title for an interview with him on youtube. "I want to the win the cup"

So, we'll see if he comes here. Stars fans said he had very little left, but seem to have been rejuvenated in Pittsburgh.

Everybody was all "Clarkson, get Clarkson" Then it was "Get Jagr, WE WANT Jagr" and no it's to Morrow. Eventually we'll just want anyone to sign with us.
I think with Morrow the way he plays you have to force him out of the lineup at times so he doesn't self destruct, sort of like Prust late last year. That's where having depth up front helps. You can give a guy like Eller Galchenyuk or Prust more ice time and sit Morrow for a week to heal minor ailments.

I think most people wanted Clarkson the player, but not at the contract he eventually signed with Toronto. Solid player but not worth a penny above 3.5 x 4-5 years. Maybe 4 mil if he really fits a need. That has disaster(see Komisarek, Mike) written all over it.

Jagr, from what Francois Gagnon said is looking for more than MB is willing to spend apparently. It's easy to say I want player X or player Y but we can only speculate(most times) on the cost of that player.

Just an example, I'm a fan of adding Fistric, maybe he wants 3 mil/year x 4-5 years and I see him at 2 years and 1.5-2 mil...or maybe I'm overrating him by a lot due to not seeing play much in the WC.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:54 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
I feel like we're a guy who was all cocky and thought we could get any girl, but now at this point we're just begging for anyone to touch us.

1 year deal would be fine for Morrow to see how does. Hopefully he doesn't hate PK
Or maybe it's the opposite. It's 2am, the bar is closing and we're not drunk enough to go home with the transvestite.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:55 AM
sampollock

Great guy for sure. But busted up badly. Wore out

Old
07-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Actually having a small, skilled team could make us better during the regular season...but hurt at playoff time.

I still see a guy like DD getting moved at some point with Briere being added.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I think with Morrow the way he plays you have to force him out of the lineup at times so he doesn't self destruct, sort of like Prust late last year. That's where having depth up front helps. You can give a guy like Eller Galchenyuk or Prust more ice time and sit Morrow for a week to heal minor ailments.

I think most people wanted Clarkson the player, but not at the contract he eventually signed with Toronto. Solid player but not worth a penny above 3.5 x 4-5 years. Maybe 4 mil if he really fits a need. That has disaster(see Komisarek, Mike) written all over it.

Jagr, from what Francois Gagnon said is looking for more than MB is willing to spend apparently. It's easy to say I want player X or player Y but we can only speculate(most times) on the cost of that player.

Just an example, I'm a fan of adding Fistric, maybe he wants 3 mil/year x 4-5 years and I see him at 2 years and 1.5-2 mil...or maybe I'm overrating him by a lot due to not seeing play much in the WC.
I'd take both (Morrow and Fistric at a reasonable price), but it seems we're rumoured for a player, that player goes somewhere else, or we're not THAT interested and we move on to a lesser player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Or maybe it's the opposite. It's 2am, the bar is closing and we're not drunk enough to go home with the transvestite.
There's that scenario, too.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Great guy for sure. But busted up badly. Wore out
He put up 14 points in 15 games in Pittsburgh and made an impact with the physical game(season and playoffs). Still has gas in the tank, just needs his ice time manged a bit like Prust.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:59 AM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
His tank is running on empty.. anything longer than a 1 year deal could be a bad mistake.
14 points in 15 games with the Pens before he broke his kneecap says he is not on empty...

Old
07-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I'd take both (Morrow and Fistric at a reasonable price), but it seems we're rumoured for a player, that player goes somewhere else, or we're not THAT interested and we move on to a lesser player.

There's that scenario, too.
I'm sure 95% of the players/Agents MB talks to end up elswhere. That's how the business works, GM's talk to a ton a players but only have room for a few. I'm sure MB had plan A, B, C, D and E and probably a few more, and spoke to each of them about expectations($$$ and term plus role, where they want to play) which affects the process.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:04 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

When is Gio due back? Will he be ready to go at the start of next season? I know he was supposed to be ready a the start of last season (had we started on time), but he wouldn't have been ready. Not only would Morrow do well with a couple of young players, but perhaps this could be a backup plan for Gio, while adding serious depth.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Jeeze, man, what kind of bars do you go to................................................ ..........................that close at 2:00.

(I bet you thought I was gonna ask about the trannie?)

Old
07-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
When is Gio due back? Will he be ready to go at the start of next season? I know he was supposed to be ready a the start of last season (had we started on time), but he wouldn't have been ready. Not only would Morrow do well with a couple of young players, but perhaps this could be a backup plan for Gio, while adding serious depth.
From what Gio said it's a 5 month recovery so it will be tight. He could be ready for opening night or still miss 3-4 weeks. Not enough to base a replacement on.

Emelin allows us to add another player if he is on LITR to begin and that player will only have about 60% of his cap hit if it's around 2 mil I believe.

For example if you sign Fistric 4 mil 2 years to help replace Emelin, he has no cap hit while Emelin is out, then his cap hit only applies for say 50 games once Ememin is back so 50/82 x 2 mil=1.21 mil.

Closed Thread