HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CFL: Official "Ottawa REDBLACKS" Thread Part II: ALLCAPS EDITION

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-09-2013, 12:46 PM
  #51
M4TR1X
@MajorLeeRix
 
M4TR1X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSenators11 View Post
The logo is just absolutely awful!

Team name has grown on me.
The logos in the CFL aren't all that great. I mean Edmonton is just 2 E's. Toronto is a big A, and Sask is a big S.

They'll fit right in with their big R.

M4TR1X is offline  
Old
08-09-2013, 02:27 PM
  #52
FuriousSenator
Registered User
 
FuriousSenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinManLee View Post
The logos in the CFL aren't all that great. I mean Edmonton is just 2 E's. Toronto is a big A, and Sask is a big S.

They'll fit right in with their big R.
Agreed this.

Don't get the hate. It's par for the course for football logos in my mind.

Weren't every single one of you griping about how it 'better be nothing but a big white R' like 3 weeks ago???

FuriousSenator is offline  
Old
08-09-2013, 02:56 PM
  #53
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa, thankfully.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,829
vCash: 500
I was back in Ottawa last week visiting family, and was thinking of maybe getting a Red Blacks cap to bring back home with me to Indonesia.

Then I saw the merchandise in person at a Sports Experts (Bayshore), and immediately changed my mind. The logo looks absolutely horrible on apparel. I felt like i was shopping at Goodwill, because that logo looks like someone set the "Way-Back Machine"(TM) to 1997 and let a Graphic Arts grad student design it "for free" (the project counts as a half-credit course!) to save money.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
08-10-2013, 12:48 AM
  #54
M4TR1X
@MajorLeeRix
 
M4TR1X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I was back in Ottawa last week visiting family, and was thinking of maybe getting a Red Blacks cap to bring back home with me to Indonesia.

Then I saw the merchandise in person at a Sports Experts (Bayshore), and immediately changed my mind. The logo looks absolutely horrible on apparel. I felt like i was shopping at Goodwill, because that logo looks like someone set the "Way-Back Machine"(TM) to 1997 and let a Graphic Arts grad student design it "for free" (the project counts as a half-credit course!) to save money.
That's unfortunate you feel that way. Hopefully they'll create a secondary logo that you agree with.

As for me, I'll definitely be looking to get a RedBlacks jersey and cap.

M4TR1X is offline  
Old
08-10-2013, 08:21 AM
  #55
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa, thankfully.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinManLee View Post
That's unfortunate you feel that way. Hopefully they'll create a secondary logo that you agree with.

As for me, I'll definitely be looking to get a RedBlacks jersey and cap.
It's an Ottawa team, so they'll have my support... but until they get a new logo, I'll be a "Plain Clothes" fan. Or maybe a T-shirt with just the word-mark on it ( a plain grey "Property Of" sort of style t-shirt).

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
08-15-2013, 09:05 AM
  #56
FuriousSenator
Registered User
 
FuriousSenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
For those who haven't had a chance to walk/drive by Lansdowne lately and see all the progress being made.

Pictures like this get my blood pumping. It's so close we can taste it.




FuriousSenator is offline  
Old
08-15-2013, 09:43 AM
  #57
Smash88
Registered User
 
Smash88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,058
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTheSabresFan View Post
For those who haven't had a chance to walk/drive by Lansdowne lately and see all the progress being made.

Pictures like this get my blood pumping. It's so close we can taste it.



Oh wow, haven't been that way in a few months.. That's really coming along! Great to see!

Smash88 is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 08:23 AM
  #58
FuriousSenator
Registered User
 
FuriousSenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Here's another for your viewing pleasure.


FuriousSenator is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 05:16 PM
  #59
Senscore
The Superior B-Side
 
Senscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,303
vCash: 500
Hard to believe that there is progress on anything being built in Ottawa.


But here we are. Can't wait.

Senscore is offline  
Old
08-24-2013, 08:24 PM
  #60
littleD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 5,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
Not RedBlacks related, but wondering...

Any non students try to buy tickets to the Panda Game between Ottawa and Carleton? Apparently supposed to be on sale through Capital Tickets, but I see nothing listed. Maybe sold out so they took it off?

littleD is online now  
Old
08-25-2013, 08:02 PM
  #61
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 12,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I was back in Ottawa last week visiting family, and was thinking of maybe getting a Red Blacks cap to bring back home with me to Indonesia.

Then I saw the merchandise in person at a Sports Experts (Bayshore), and immediately changed my mind. The logo looks absolutely horrible on apparel. I felt like i was shopping at Goodwill, because that logo looks like someone set the "Way-Back Machine"(TM) to 1997 and let a Graphic Arts grad student design it "for free" (the project counts as a half-credit course!) to save money.
Don't let Yost know, he will think they are in financial trouble & having to hire students to work for free because of the lack of cash flow.

aragorn is offline  
Old
08-26-2013, 08:02 AM
  #62
FuriousSenator
Registered User
 
FuriousSenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
More pictures from the week of August 23rd.

For those curious, the Civic Center rehaul is progressing rapidly as well. There are no pictures, but more info can be found on the city website.




FuriousSenator is offline  
Old
09-04-2013, 06:07 PM
  #63
FuriousSenator
Registered User
 
FuriousSenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
More pictures (September 4th):








FuriousSenator is offline  
Old
09-04-2013, 09:11 PM
  #64
salomonster
Registered User
 
salomonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Double dot
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 500
In unrelated talk, I'm looking forward to seeing the uniforms and stuff.

If the CU Ravens is an indication with their 4 diff uniforms, that its safe to say that the RB's will likely ave multiple its as well. The Oregon firm who did the work for the Ravens is the same as the RB's.

Hunt is the master of marketing and multi uni's is something I see him wanting. Much like most cfl teams with 3rd's and such.

salomonster is offline  
Old
09-05-2013, 11:47 AM
  #65
ChocolateLeclaire
Moderator
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonster View Post
In unrelated talk, I'm looking forward to seeing the uniforms and stuff.

If the CU Ravens is an indication with their 4 diff uniforms, that its safe to say that the RB's will likely ave multiple its as well. The Oregon firm who did the work for the Ravens is the same as the RB's.

Hunt is the master of marketing and multi uni's is something I see him wanting. Much like most cfl teams with 3rd's and such.
Carleton's uniforms are AMAZING. They look slick and sleek out there. Too bad they will suck for a couple of years as they get their recruitment under them.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now  
Old
09-15-2013, 10:53 PM
  #66
Senator67s
Registered User
 
Senator67s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonster View Post
In unrelated talk, I'm looking forward to seeing the uniforms and stuff.

If the CU Ravens is an indication with their 4 diff uniforms, that its safe to say that the RB's will likely ave multiple its as well. The Oregon firm who did the work for the Ravens is the same as the RB's.

Hunt is the master of marketing and multi uni's is something I see him wanting. Much like most cfl teams with 3rd's and such.
Hunt may be a master at marketing...but f**king sucks a picking nicknames.
Yeah....I'm still hating the name....

Senator67s is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 12:32 PM
  #67
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 12,475
vCash: 500
Was the Ottawa Ravens ever considered for a name? Still has the "R".

aragorn is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 12:38 PM
  #68
Smash88
Registered User
 
Smash88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,058
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Was the Ottawa Ravens ever considered for a name? Still has the "R".
Since Carleton U are already called the Ravens, I don't think that would have worked...

Smash88 is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 07:39 AM
  #69
FuriousSenator
Registered User
 
FuriousSenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
More pictures!

We officially have seats. I love the fact that they will be black and red throughout the stadium kinda a la Commonwealth in Edmonton. Very classy looking already. It would be cool if they formed a word/symbol or something. Maybe a maple leaf? (it is the capital and will probably host the men's national soccer team for a lot of games).






FuriousSenator is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 08:21 AM
  #70
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa, thankfully.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,829
vCash: 500
That stadium is going to be beautiful when it's done. Right on the canal, it should be picturesque.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 01:31 PM
  #71
littleD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 5,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTheSabresFan View Post
(it is the capital and will probably host the men's national soccer team for a lot of games).
Unless they're putting in natural grass, I doubt you'll see many national team games in Ottawa, if any.

littleD is online now  
Old
09-28-2013, 02:16 PM
  #72
FuriousSenator
Registered User
 
FuriousSenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Unless they're putting in natural grass, I doubt you'll see many national team games in Ottawa, if any.
Ottawa is hosting at least 6 FIFA Women's World Cup Games in 2 years.

That seems to be fine.

EDIT: Just looked it up and they've played at Commonwealth many times as well.

FuriousSenator is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 04:54 PM
  #73
littleD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 5,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTheSabresFan View Post
Ottawa is hosting at least 6 FIFA Women's World Cup Games in 2 years.

That seems to be fine.

EDIT: Just looked it up and they've played at Commonwealth many times as well.
It's too bad we're hosting most of that World Cup on Field Turf. At the World Cup level, playing on a plastic pitch is fairly awful.

I think Canada have played one game at Commonwealth since they got FieldTurf.

Ottawa had a stadium for a LONG time. When was the last time it hosted the national team? No matches for a Canadian men's team since 2001 Jeux de la francophonie. The last time the full Canadian national team played in Ottawa was 1989.

I'd love to walk down to Lansdowne to support the national team, but with so few home matches they play to start with, and with a home base basically already established at BMO Field, I'd be surprised to see very much of the national team playing in Ottawa.

European teams won't play on the stuff if they can avoid it. Before BMO got grass, they had a friendly with Real Madrid in Toronto. Had to put in a grass pitch just for the match. Same with a Manchester City friendly in Vancouver.

littleD is online now  
Old
10-21-2013, 05:37 PM
  #74
littleD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 5,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
REDBLACKS season ticket prices released today.

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/seasonticketpricing

littleD is online now  
Old
10-21-2013, 06:04 PM
  #75
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa, thankfully.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
REDBLACKS season ticket prices released today.

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/seasonticketpricing
Single game price: $47.79
9 Game Season Ticket price: $430.09
You Save... $0.02!!!

BonkTastic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.