HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trade and Proposals Thread XXXVI: MacT, send more help!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-10-2013, 08:10 PM
  #551
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
Spitballing: Hemsky (retain 4M) for Gaustad (NSH)
Why in the world would we retain Hemsky's salary if we're picking up Gaustad?

__________________
Burn Girl Prom Queen
Cerebral is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:10 PM
  #552
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Not that it matters toooooooo much, but didn't Stauffer flat out state that the Oilers aren't interested in Grabovski?

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:14 PM
  #553
Staghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 280
vCash: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
You are talking about "reality" on a fantasy message board. That is beyond hilarious.
Well I joined this board to intelligently discuss the Oilers with common fans of the same team but apparently this is the Fantasyland Oilers board where Hemsky and his albatross contract is worth more than Horcoff (here's a little secret - he's not)... Can you perhaps direct me to the intelligent fans board then?? LOL...

Staghorn is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:15 PM
  #554
Staghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 280
vCash: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I would do that package for Bogo or Buff (but they'd have to add a little). And yes I think Sam is probably being unreasonable with his contract demands. Move him.
Or take him to arbitration and lay out his faults for a good reality dose...

Staghorn is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:16 PM
  #555
Qrispy
Registered User
 
Qrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staghorn View Post
Well I joined this board to intelligently discuss the Oilers with common fans of the same team but apparently this is the Fantasyland Oilers board where Hemsky and his albatross contract is worth more than Horcoff (here's a little secret - he's not)... Can you perhaps direct me to the intelligent fans board then?? LOL...
Please tell me more about Hemsky's "albatross" contract.

Qrispy is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:17 PM
  #556
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Not that it matters toooooooo much, but didn't Stauffer flat out state that the Oilers aren't interested in Grabovski?
Yeah, he isn't coming here. But we're still wishful thinking here as armchair GMs

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:19 PM
  #557
Toydarian
Registered User
 
Toydarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinteoilers View Post
The question I have about Penner is why hasn't he been signed by another team yet? He's Bryan Murray's boy and Ottawa, has no interest in him. Virtually " every team" could use a massive winger, but he remains unsigned.
OTT has a self imposed $50M cap, they are currently at $50.85M (~$48M in actual salary).

Toydarian is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:21 PM
  #558
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,490
vCash: 500
"It slows down now. We'll try to do a few things, most people understand what some of those moves might be and we'll try to facilitate those but so far it's gone pretty quiet" - MacT

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:21 PM
  #559
aseef26
Registered User
 
aseef26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staghorn View Post
I'm pretty sure that unless the Oil eat at least half of Hemsky's absurd salary, there won't be any NHL owner or GM dumb enough to trade anything like a decent pick or roster player for him... That includes OTT and PHX's new owners..
You probably felt that way about horcoff too, no? Injury risks are common in trades nowadays, and I don't think too many GMs dispute Hemsky is a legit top 6 winger option. I think MacT is perusing options still. I don't think they'll be needing to retain salary here. After the nutso day that was free agency, a top six winger on short term at 5M could be a steal pickup.

It's a matter of finding the right fit, no need for impatience. Moves that were promised to be happening are happening...

aseef26 is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:24 PM
  #560
Staghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 280
vCash: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Please tell me more about Hemsky's "albatross" contract.
Okay... $5 Million for a player that can't hit, can't take a hit, is amazingly soft like a large Pee Wee kid playing with men, has missed significant time to injury, gives a partial effort and isn't any good in his own zone is a good example of an "albatross contract"...

Almost 8% of the teams salary cap tied up in a player the GM and fans all want traded and have publicly said so is a good example of an "albatross contract"...

Staghorn is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:25 PM
  #561
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Not that it matters toooooooo much, but didn't Stauffer flat out state that the Oilers aren't interested in Grabovski?
That doesn't surprise me, Grabovski isn't the type of player that they're looking for.

They've said repeatedly that they want guys with character and compete and I don't think it's a coincidence that he hasn't signed anywhere yet.

To me the GM's made it pretty clear which players they thought had value and were worth going after and which ones they don't.

Powder is online now  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:26 PM
  #562
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,370
vCash: 500
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl
Marek Zidlicky deal with new Jersey Devils is a 1 year deal/ $3 million per with games played incentives #TSN

That would have been a good deal for the Oil IMO.

Powder is online now  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:26 PM
  #563
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,490
vCash: 500
Expect:

-Hemsky to be moved
-D-man traded

Hope for:

-3rd line LW and RW
-4th line C who can compete with Lander

As you can see, the list is growing shorter of what we need, but a list still exists.

Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Eberle
BLANK-Gordon-BLANK
Smyth-BLANK-Jones
Joensuu

Ference-Schultz
Smid-Petry
N.Schultz-Belov

Dubnyk
LaBarbera

I get the thinking that the blank on line 3 will go to Jones or Joensuu, but I hope they aren't that dumb.

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
  #564
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl
Marek Zidlicky deal with new Jersey Devils is a 1 year deal/ $3 million per with games played incentives #TSN

That would have been a good deal for the Oil IMO.
He turned down a 2 year $4.5 million offer from someone according to him apparently, it might have been us.

He's loyal to Lou.

Soundwave is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
  #565
Quinteoilers
Registered User
 
Quinteoilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
OTT has a self imposed $50M cap, they are currently at $50.85M (~$48M in actual salary).
Either way, Penner isn't signed by any team. At this point I believe he would be down to a single year "prove it" contract. 1.5-2M would be my guess.

Quinteoilers is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:28 PM
  #566
Staghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 280
vCash: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseef26 View Post
You probably felt that way about horcoff too, no? Injury risks are common in trades nowadays, and I don't think too many GMs dispute Hemsky is a legit top 6 winger option. I think MacT is perusing options still. I don't think they'll be needing to retain salary here. After the nutso day that was free agency, a top six winger on short term at 5M could be a steal pickup.

It's a matter of finding the right fit, no need for impatience. Moves that were promised to be happening are happening...
I never said Hemsky didn't have talent - I love watching his hands and hes a beautiful skater... That said, he's so soft it's scary... Yes, I think he fits on a smart team like Detroit or NYR where he can be protected and will probably score and do well on the PP... That doesn't mean that team won't want to shed a bad salary or give up something small to get him..

Staghorn is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:30 PM
  #567
armandh01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
Why in the world would we retain Hemsky's salary if we're picking up Gaustad?

Also can't retain 80% of a salary lol.

armandh01 is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:30 PM
  #568
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,185
vCash: 500
You know honestly as a one for one swap, what about Hemsky for Jokinen straight up?

We could eat the salary difference if need be.

We could use a depth center who can play 2C in a pinch if RNH needs a few extra weeks moreso than Hemsky at third line RW or something.

Soundwave is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:31 PM
  #569
Staghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 280
vCash: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That doesn't surprise me, Grabovski isn't the type of player that they're looking for.

They've said repeatedly that they want guys with character and compete and I don't think it's a coincidence that he hasn't signed anywhere yet.

To me the GM's made it pretty clear which players they thought had value and were worth going after and which ones they don't.
I do think he's skilled though, a fiery competitor and a good face off guy..l. Probably a better 2C than Gagner.. I would personally want someone bigger there though if one could pick...

Staghorn is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:32 PM
  #570
Qrispy
Registered User
 
Qrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staghorn View Post
Okay... $5 Million for a player that can't hit, can't take a hit, is amazingly soft like a large Pee Wee kid playing with men, has missed significant time to injury, gives a partial effort and isn't any good in his own zone is a good example of an "albatross contract"...

Almost 8% of the teams salary cap tied up in a player the GM and fans all want traded and have publicly said so is a good example of an "albatross contract"...
So much fabricated nonsense here it's not even worth arguing.

Qrispy is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:34 PM
  #571
Staghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 280
vCash: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinteoilers View Post
Either way, Penner isn't signed by any team. At this point I believe he would be down to a single year "prove it" contract. 1.5-2M would be my guess.
His compete level and dedication level are so low... Maddening for any GM when all the tools and size are there... The guy could be a Horton level player if he worked out hard and wasnt soft..

I think he's a good risk at that price. What message does it send though if MacT ran him out of town due to his compete level, Penner doesn't change that, then MacT brings him back.... Tells me as a player that MacT is full of s***.

Staghorn is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:36 PM
  #572
Staghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 280
vCash: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
So much fabricated nonsense here it's not even worth arguing.
Okay Yakubot, he's amazing... There does that make you feel better?? The reason he hasn't been moved after his GM bus'd him is that ALL the NHL GM's are fighting to get him on their teams... Yeah, that's it...

Staghorn is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:41 PM
  #573
OILSLICK94
Registered User
 
OILSLICK94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovin View Post
Would you guys trade Nick Schultz and Hemsky for Troy Brouwer?
In a SECOND!!!!

Highly unlikely tho

OILSLICK94 is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:44 PM
  #574
Sdeol44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Not that it matters toooooooo much, but didn't Stauffer flat out state that the Oilers aren't interested in Grabovski?
at this point i think stauffer is here to play mind games with us

Sdeol44 is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:44 PM
  #575
Quinteoilers
Registered User
 
Quinteoilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staghorn View Post
His compete level and dedication level are so low... Maddening for any GM when all the tools and size are there... The guy could be a Horton level player if he worked out hard and wasnt soft..

I think he's a good risk at that price. What message does it send though if MacT ran him out of town due to his compete level, Penner doesn't change that, then MacT brings him back.... Tells me as a player that MacT is full of s***.
I agree, don't sign him. There hasn't even been any rumours, about Penner to team 'X'. I say MacT stays the course and gets ultra competive guys, who hate losing.

Quinteoilers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.