HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade and Proposals Thread XXXVI: MacT, send more help!

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2013, 02:56 AM
Petes2424

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
Buff Fans agreed on this, would we do it?

Vanek (at half salary/cap hit and signed to an extension at 7yr/7Mper)
Ott
Erhoff

For

Yak
Eager (cap dump)
Potter

Couple that trade with a Zach Smith/Hemsky trade Ott fans agreed to and you run the following:

Hall-RNH-Yak
Vanek-Gagne-Perron
Jones-Gordon-Ott
Smyth-Smith-Brown

Ehroff-Ference
Smid-Petry
Schultz-Shultz

There are virtually no holes in that lineup and we have 1.5M in cap space left to sign Gagne (with an additional 5M from bonuses). If you dont want to take changes with going over the cap with bonuses then move out Shultz Sr or Smyth for draft picks to cover the difference.
Not a chance would Edmonton do that deal. I can see why Buffalo would agree to it. Yakupov is a no go in any trade right now.

Old
07-11-2013, 02:58 AM
armandh01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
Buff Fans agreed on this, would we do it?

Vanek (at half salary/cap hit and signed to an extension at 7yr/7Mper)
Ott
Erhoff

For

Yak
Eager (cap dump)
Potter

Couple that trade with a Zach Smith/Hemsky trade Ott fans agreed to and you run the following:

Hall-RNH-Yak
Vanek-Gagne-Perron
Jones-Gordon-Ott
Smyth-Smith-Brown

Ehroff-Ference
Smid-Petry
Schultz-Shultz

There are virtually no holes in that lineup and we have 1.5M in cap space left to sign Gagne (with an additional 5M from bonuses). If you dont want to take changes with going over the cap with bonuses then move out Shultz Sr or Smyth for draft picks to cover the difference.
Someone agreed to that? Because Yak is there twice.

Old
07-11-2013, 02:58 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Listening to MacT's post-trade interview with Gazzola on Oilers.com, I get the impression that there won't be any moves for a few months. I think there is a chance Hemsky starts next season with the Oilers.
He said there are moves that "people could figure out"

So I think he still wants to move Hemsky and maybe a D-man

However, his comments did worry me that we will be stuck with:

Joensuu-Gordon-Jones
Smyth-Lander-Brown

the worst bottom six in the league.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:04 AM
RisingSun

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
Someone agreed to that? Because Yak is there twice.
Probably meant Ebs.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:05 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post

Joensuu-Gordon-Jones
Smyth-Lander-Brown

I think what you're seeing right now is a bit of calm as teams try and figure out what their next moves are. There's still several teams, Detroit, Philly, etc, who need to move some bodies. The prices will come down for sure. There's also guys like Hainsey who's price will come down and guys like Grabovski who's price will certainly come down. For instance, there's no reason why the Oilers cannot pick up a Patrick Eaves from Detroit or sign a Grabovski or Antropov tomorrow except the price is gonna come down. The most important thing though is to get Gagner figured out.

If they're gonna keep him... Do it and pay him. If not, find a suitor. Whether that's SJ, Wash or whomever. If they're not signing him and they are moving him, then it's better to be prepared with a Joe Pavelski or Grabovski or whomever. A lot of work to still do

Old
07-11-2013, 03:06 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:

Joensuu-Gordon-Jones
Smyth-Lander-Brown

He also said "it's pretty quiet right now on that front" or something to that effect.

I don't expect much movement (besides maybe a depth defenseman signing) till closer to training camp when teams have to cut down to below the summer cap.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
07-11-2013, 03:07 AM
RisingSun

For the love of god, I hope MacT has some plan for the bottom 6. At this point I would be definitely open to signing Penner and overpaying for a 3rd line LW. Also am I only person that thinks signing Grabovski is good idea?

Sign Penner, Grabo, Mueller.

Penner - Grabovski - Mueller
Joensuu - Gordon - Jones

This line is a lot more solid then

Joensuu - Gordon - Jones
Smyth - Lander - Brown

Old
07-11-2013, 03:08 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:

Joensuu-Gordon-Jones
Smyth-Lander-Brown

Hemsky would either be RW on the 3rd line or traded for a better suited 3rd line player. It wouldn't be the 3rd line you stated

Old
07-11-2013, 03:10 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
For the love of god, I hope MacT has some plan for the bottom 6. At this point I would be definitely open to signing Penner and overpaying for a 3rd line LW.
Hemsky + rajala to Columbus for Nick Foligno. I'm going to keep saying it till it happens. Then sign Mueller for 3rd line RW

Old
07-11-2013, 03:11 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Hell at this point maybe we should start looking at teams with tons of bottom 6 depth and start wondering who might get waived during or after TC, because there will probably be better players than Smyth on waivers.

07-11-2013, 03:14 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Hell at this point maybe we should start looking at teams with tons of bottom 6 depth and start wondering who might get waived during or after TC, because there will probably be better players than Smyth on waivers.
My Grand mother isn't on waivers but she's a free agent. She may not be as quick as she once was (neither is Smyth lol) and she will probably forget what she's doing on the ice occasionally (also like Smyth) but she can be quite feisty and I bet she would be a good **** disturber on the 4th line. Good replacement for Smyth.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:16 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
My Grand mother isn't on waivers but she's a free agent. She may not be as quick as she once was (neither is Smyth lol) and she will probably forget what she's doing on the ice occasionally (also like Smyth) but she can be quite feisty and I bet she would be a good **** disturber on the 4th line. Good replacement for Smyth.
But does she use a cane? And if so can she shoot the puck harder with it than Smyth can with his stick? My uneducated guess would be yes she can!

Old
07-11-2013, 03:18 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I think what you're seeing right now is a bit of calm as teams try and figure out what their next moves are. There's still several teams, Detroit, Philly, etc, who need to move some bodies. The prices will come down for sure. There's also guys like Hainsey who's price will come down and guys like Grabovski who's price will certainly come down. For instance, there's no reason why the Oilers cannot pick up a Patrick Eaves from Detroit or sign a Grabovski or Antropov tomorrow except the price is gonna come down. The most important thing though is to get Gagner figured out.

If they're gonna keep him... Do it and pay him. If not, find a suitor. Whether that's SJ, Wash or whomever. If they're not signing him and they are moving him, then it's better to be prepared with a Joe Pavelski or Grabovski or whomever. A lot of work to still do
We don't really need Hainsey, Stauffer's comments suggest that Grabo won't be in the cards, Antropov is slow and Eaves sucks, Pavelski is re-signing in SJ.

But those are specifics.

I do hope that prices go down and Edmonton finds homes for Hemsky and maybe Nick Schultz to clear cap space so that they can make a real 3rd line. There seems to be lots of FA and trade options for that 3rd line, so the pieces are there.

Gordon needs some guys beside him. I usually make radical changes on my rosters here that include the trading of Gagner/Petry and the signings of Grabo and Penner and Gilbert and Cleary etc. but ultimately we just need two guys.

RW will take a trade. LW we could grab Morrow/Penner/Cleary on LW, whoever we can grab. Morrow makes a ton of sense because of his relation to Ference and LaBarbera as Memorial Cup winners for Portland, whereas Penner and Cleary are both former Oilers themselves.

Interesting RW trade options include Stafford, Downie, Versteeg, as well as other minor options that I'm sure have been discussed here on this board. I really hope MacT can fill these last two spots.

BTW a poster suggested Hemsky for Moss and Klinkhammer. Another suggested Winnik. There are stats that suggest that all 3 of those players would be excellent defensively to fit with Gordon, if you want to talk minor options.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:18 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
This is probably a option they will be looking at as well , maybe find a diamond in the rough for bottom 6.

Old
07-11-2013, 03:20 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
But does she use a cane? And if so can she shoot the puck harder with it than Smyth can with his stick? My uneducated guess would be yes she can!
She can shoot the puck harder with her walker than Smyth can with his stick. Think about that one for a sec lol. Plus the walker allows her to keep balance when she gets checked so she doesn't fall down. Oh and it would slide on the ice efficiently to make her faster than Smyth

Old
07-11-2013, 03:40 AM
jbean

Hall - Nuge - Eberle
Perron - Gagner - Yakupov
______ - Gordon - Jones
Joensuu - Lander - Brown
Smyth

Smid - J. Schultz
Ference - Petry
Belov - N. Schultz

Larsen
Fedun
Potter

Dubnyk
Labarbera

Roughly how I see the Oilers lineup next year. They still need a top 9 player. Keeping Hemsky and working him into the lineup, trading Hemsky and probably more assets too for a top 9 player, signing a free agent (Jagr, Penner, Grabovski, Morrow, Cleary, Antropov, if any of these are willing to sign a short term deal) are some of the options. I hope MacT can get it done.

Old
07-11-2013, 04:02 AM
Bergeron47

Waivers? Hell there's be more suitable players for that role in the AHL.

Last edited by Bergeron47: 07-11-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old
07-11-2013, 04:17 AM
sailorjerry96

sign alll the free agents and have a 3rd line of

Raymond-Grabovski-Brunner

Old
07-11-2013, 04:29 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
She can shoot the puck harder with her walker than Smyth can with his stick. Think about that one for a sec lol. Plus the walker allows her to keep balance when she gets checked so she doesn't fall down. Oh and it would slide on the ice efficiently to make her faster than Smyth
She'd probably be about the 4th toughest player on this team too! What are her contract demands?

Old
07-11-2013, 04:45 AM
Needles

Zach Smith
Matt Kassian
Conditional 2nd (if Hemsky re-signs)

Ales Hemsky
Toni Rajala

Hall - Nuge - Eberle
Penner/Morrow - Smith - Jones
Joensuu - Gordon - Brown
Smyth, Kassian, Lander

Old
07-11-2013, 05:02 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post

Zach Smith
Matt Kassian

Ales Hemsky
Toni Rajala

Hall - Nuge - Eberle
Joensuu - Gordon - Brown
Smyth, Kassian, Lander
Where do I sign?

Old
07-11-2013, 05:05 AM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post

Zach Smith
Matt Kassian

Ales Hemsky
Toni Rajala

Hall - Nuge - Eberle
Joensuu - Gordon - Brown
Smyth, Kassian, Lander
I can't say yes fast enough.

Old
07-11-2013, 05:17 AM
OiledUp

Nick Spalling has filed for arbitration. I wouldn't mind him to improve our C depth. They need depth at D. You guys think they'll bite on Nick Schultz?

Old
07-11-2013, 05:24 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
We don't really need Hainsey, Stauffer's comments suggest that Grabo won't be in the cards, Antropov is slow and Eaves sucks, Pavelski is re-signing in SJ.

But those are specifics.

I do hope that prices go down and Edmonton finds homes for Hemsky and maybe Nick Schultz to clear cap space so that they can make a real 3rd line. There seems to be lots of FA and trade options for that 3rd line, so the pieces are there.

Gordon needs some guys beside him. I usually make radical changes on my rosters here that include the trading of Gagner/Petry and the signings of Grabo and Penner and Gilbert and Cleary etc. but ultimately we just need two guys.

RW will take a trade. LW we could grab Morrow/Penner/Cleary on LW, whoever we can grab. Morrow makes a ton of sense because of his relation to Ference and LaBarbera as Memorial Cup winners for Portland, whereas Penner and Cleary are both former Oilers themselves.

Interesting RW trade options include Stafford, Downie, Versteeg, as well as other minor options that I'm sure have been discussed here on this board. I really hope MacT can fill these last two spots.

BTW a poster suggested Hemsky for Moss and Klinkhammer. Another suggested Winnik. There are stats that suggest that all 3 of those players would be excellent defensively to fit with Gordon, if you want to talk minor options.
Eaves is a very serviceable bottom six player. He in no way sucks and he's a great pk guy. The only reason I mention him is he's the type of guy that could be had right now for little to nothing due to Detroit needing to get rid of some guys. Winnick isnt going anywhere and Stafford and Versteeg might be upgrades from Hemsky but it doesnt solve the problems that exist. As for Antropov playing on the third line, I think it's a great fit. He might be slow but he's hard to play against due to his size and reach and smarts. He's come a long way.

It's going to be interesting where he goes with these couple of spots he needs to fill. I think if I had the easiest of worlds, I'd actually pursue Kopecky and add a vet like Cleary or Morrow. Guys that can help this team grow. If you told me they traded for Kopecky and signed either Cleary or Morrow, I'd be alright with that and give Lander his chance. There's going to be a couple of guys available this year on the waiver wire after camp. Even guys like Cory Emmerton who's very serviceable.

The biggest thing is to figure out this Gagner thing. If they dont feel the price is what they wanna pay, then move him. That's the only reason I mentioned Pavelski as i just cant see very many fits for Gagner as we speak. They would need a C coming back unless they had something in their back pocket.

Old
07-11-2013, 06:21 AM
B A T M A N*

Btw thanks to Alzner, McDonagh, Subban, Petry, Del Zotto and Fowler(most comparable IMO) etc. Schultz's second contract won't be as big as you guys think. I think he gets max 4/year if he's lucky and hits 45 points this year. I think it'll be more like 3.85-4 per for 4-5 years.

Closed Thread