HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is the Canucks #12 prospect?

View Poll Results: Who is the Canucks #12 prospect?
Alex Grenier 0 0%
Ludwig Blomstrand 29 17.68%
Joe Cannata 21 12.80%
Darren Archibald 15 9.15%
Kellan Lain 11 6.71%
Peter Andersson 41 25.00%
Jordan Subban 22 13.41%
Cole Cassels 9 5.49%
Joseph LaBate 3 1.83%
Evan McEneny 2 1.22%
Adam Polasek 0 0%
Anton Cederholm 0 0%
Patrick McNally 11 6.71%
Alex Friesen 0 0%
Other (specify below) 0 0%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-22-2013, 07:58 PM
  #1
SonicY
Daydream Nation
 
SonicY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Edinburgh/Vancouver
Posts: 3,424
vCash: 500
Who is the Canucks #12 prospect?

1. Bo Horvat (9th overall, 2013) - 64.13% [NEW]
2. Hunter Shinkaruk (24th overall, 2013) - 32.45% [NEW]
3. Frank Corrado (150th overall, 2011) - 48.00% [2012 - 8th]
4. Nicklas Jensen (29th overall, 2011) - 56.07% [2012 - 2nd]
5. Brendan Gaunce (26th overall, 2012) - 59.52% [2012 - 6th]
6. Jordan Schroeder (22nd overall, 2009) - 53.37% [2012 - 5th]
7. Eddie Lack (FA signed July 2010) - 82.63% [2012 - 4th]
8. Joacim Eriksson (FA signed June, 2013) - 51.88% [NEW]
9. Alexandre Mallet (57th overall, 2012) - 21.43% [2012 - 13th]
10. Ben Hutton (147th overall, 2012) - 32.08% [2012 - 20th]
11. Henrik Tommernes (210th overall, 2011) - 30.54% [2012 - 17th]

Continue, Discuss

SonicY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:04 PM
  #2
Eddy Punch Clock
Everybody calm down
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 500
A career AHLer..... if he's lucky.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:17 PM
  #3
moby
Registered User
 
moby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Westbank B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Went with Bloomer

moby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:19 PM
  #4
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9,987
vCash: 500
#TeamBlomstrand

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:23 PM
  #5
Jyrki
trust in linden CREW
 
Jyrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 新香
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,411
vCash: 500
What happened with Cannata? Geez, all it takes for our prospect's rep to drop is making the AHL...

Jyrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:30 PM
  #6
Verviticus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,826
vCash: 50
hes a goaltender

Verviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:48 PM
  #7
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,355
vCash: 500
He's a goatlender

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:01 PM
  #8
Hammer79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
hes a goaltender
That didn't stop Lack and Eriksson going in the top 10. Cannata had good numbers in college, and decent numbers for his first year in pro. I wouldn't put him this far behind Eriksson, but I would have Eriksson and Cannata close to each other in the low teens, not Eriksson at 8th.

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:05 PM
  #9
Virtanen2Horvat
BoHorvat53
 
Virtanen2Horvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,078
vCash: 589
Peter Andersson

Virtanen2Horvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:25 PM
  #10
Hammer79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 500
So where would we put the players selected on the hockey's future scale? Something like this?

1. Bo Horvat 8.5B
2. Hunter Shinkaruk 8C
3. Frank Corrado 7B
4. Nicklas Jensen 8C
5. Brendan Gaunce 7B
6. Jordan Schroeder 7B
7. Eddie Lack 7B
8. Joacim Eriksson 7C
9. Alexandre Mallet 6.5C
10. Ben Hutton 6C
11. Henrik Tommernes 6.5C


Last edited by Hammer79: 07-22-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:27 PM
  #11
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,178
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Gotta go back with Subban again.

__________________
Please have mercy on us Canucks fans! Fire Benning! Fire Linden! Fire Weisbrod! #Bexit #Lexit #Wexit
y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:28 PM
  #12
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,178
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
So where would we put the players selected on the hockey's future scale? Something like this?

1. Bo Horvat 8.5B
2. Hunter Shinkaruk 8C
3. Frank Corrado 7B
4. Nicklas Jensen 8C
5. Brendan Gaunce 7B
6. Jordan Schroeder 7B
7. Eddie Lack 7B
8. Joacim Eriksson 7C
9. Alexandre Mallet 6.5C
10. Ben Hutton 6C
11. Henrik Tommernes 6.5C
I would say:

1. Bo Horvat 8.5B
2. Hunter Shinkaruk 8.5C
3. Frank Corrado 7.5C
4. Nicklas Jensen 7.5B
5. Brendan Gaunce 7C
6. Jordan Schroeder 7C
7. Eddie Lack 7C
8. Joacim Eriksson 7C
9. Alexandre Mallett 6C
10. Ben Hutton 6C
11. Henrik Tommernes 5.5C

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:36 PM
  #13
WonderTwinsUnite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
Jordan Subban. High end potential.

WonderTwinsUnite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:38 PM
  #14
Hammer79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
Jordan Subban. High end potential.
He's also 5'9" and needs work on his defensive game. He's a high fitness guy though, so maybe he can use strength to overcome his stature.

I'm voting Cole Cassels this time.

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:18 PM
  #15
Verviticus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,826
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
That didn't stop Lack and Eriksson going in the top 10. Cannata had good numbers in college, and decent numbers for his first year in pro. I wouldn't put him this far behind Eriksson, but I would have Eriksson and Cannata close to each other in the low teens, not Eriksson at 8th.
True, but they shouldn't have gone there

Verviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:20 PM
  #16
VC
Registered User
 
VC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Andersson then Blomstrand then Cannata

VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:27 PM
  #17
shottasasa
Registered User
 
shottasasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Andersson. He is closer to the NHL and I think he has the same sort of ceiling as Blomstrand.

shottasasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:30 PM
  #18
Doobie Dubois
Registered User
 
Doobie Dubois's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
McNally.

Doobie Dubois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:39 PM
  #19
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I would say:

1. Bo Horvat 7.5B
2. Hunter Shinkaruk 8.0C
3. Frank Corrado 7.5C
4. Nicklas Jensen 7.5C
5. Brendan Gaunce 7.0B
6. Jordan Schroeder 7.0C
7. Eddie Lack 7.5C
8. Joacim Eriksson 7.5C
9. Alexandre Mallett 6.5C
10. Ben Hutton 7.0D
11. Henrik Tommernes 6.5D
My thoughts above.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:40 PM
  #20
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 29,335
vCash: 500
Tough call. For ceiling i'm going McNally.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:58 PM
  #21
Pip
[hello] :)
 
Pip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 59,230
vCash: 50
Archibald, then Andersson, then Blomstrand imo

Pip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:03 PM
  #22
Hammer79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
My thoughts above.
You don't think Horvat will top out as a 1st liner, just a really good second liner? You think he has the same ceiling as Jensen, although more likely to reach that potential? You have Shinkaruk with a higher ceiling, and as the only potential 1st liner in the system? I've got to disagree on this one. There's a reason Horvat went that high in the draft.

Just a reminder of how their rankings work:

9. Elite Talent
8. First-Line Forward/ No. 2 Defenseman / No. 1 Goaltender
7. Second-Line Forward/ No. 3-4 Defenseman / Journeyman No. 1 Goaltender
6. Third-Line Forward/ No. 5-6 Defenseman / Backup Goaltender
5. Fourth line forward / No. 7 defenseman / depth goaltender
4. Top minor league forward / defenseman / goaltender
3. Average minor league forward / defenseman / goaltender
2. Minor league role-player
1. Borderline minor league player

A – All but guaranteed to reach potential
B – Should reach potential, could drop 1 rating
C – May reach potential, could drop 2 ratings
D – Unlikely to reach potential, could drop 3 ratings
F – A player possessing little potential

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:15 PM
  #23
DocSpratley
aka HamhuisHip
 
DocSpratley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
It is getting difficult now but went with Andersson. Really wanted to put McNally ahead of this and my #11 pick but his absence for critical development years makes it hard.

Next will be Cannata, Blomstrand or McNally. Argh!

DocSpratley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:59 PM
  #24
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 18,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
You don't think Horvat will top out as a 1st liner, just a really good second liner? You think he has the same ceiling as Jensen, although more likely to reach that potential? You have Shinkaruk with a higher ceiling, and as the only potential 1st liner in the system? I've got to disagree on this one. There's a reason Horvat went that high in the draft.

Just a reminder of how their rankings work:

9. Elite Talent
8. First-Line Forward/ No. 2 Defenseman / No. 1 Goaltender
7. Second-Line Forward/ No. 3-4 Defenseman / Journeyman No. 1 Goaltender
6. Third-Line Forward/ No. 5-6 Defenseman / Backup Goaltender
5. Fourth line forward / No. 7 defenseman / depth goaltender
4. Top minor league forward / defenseman / goaltender
3. Average minor league forward / defenseman / goaltender
2. Minor league role-player
1. Borderline minor league player

A All but guaranteed to reach potential
B Should reach potential, could drop 1 rating
C May reach potential, could drop 2 ratings
D Unlikely to reach potential, could drop 3 ratings
F A player possessing little potential


The reason Horvat went that high is because his floor is high, while his ceiling still brings top6 potential. It's not because his ceiling is as an auto 1st liner.

I agree with Stringer's ranking.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 12:11 AM
  #25
Nuckles
Bleed Assets E'ryday
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Benning's empty head
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,134
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The reason Horvat went that high is because his floor is high, while his ceiling still brings top6 potential. It's not because his ceiling is as an auto 1st liner.

I agree with Stringer's ranking.
Bingo. Guys who think Horvat has top 1st line potential are expecting way too much and are going to be set up for disappointment.
He's a pretty safe pick, hence why he was taken instead of Nichushkin.

__________________

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.