HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Comrie to Bruins Proposal.

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 07:49 AM
Peter

vCash: 50
Comrie to Bruins Proposal.

My source says (my brother-in-law's aunt married a guy who has a cousin who works in a janitorial position at the Fleet Center and heard a guy talking to another guy in the bathroom) that Boston may be wanting to acquire Comrie from Edmonton.

I figured that because my "source" was so legitimate that I would pose this proposal to you guys out here:

To Boston: Comrie
To Edmonto: Axelsson and Jillson

Is it enough?

*Editorial note*

Proposal serious...source not.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:14 AM
PigPen

vCash: 500
Throw in a 4th or 5th rounder and it might work out if you replace Jillson with Boynton, but Edmonton already has a logjam at LW and will probably get rid of Moreau. Axellson would just make things a bit worse there.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:18 AM
Evilo

vCash: 632

Old
09-27-2003, 08:30 AM
CCF
This is the year....

Not fair at all, in my mind.

Axellson is a nice guy to have to man the PK I wouldn't say that he is a glaring need for the Oilers. As for Jillson, the Oilers would be taking a huge chance on him, it's not really clear how the guy will develop. I would never advise a team to trade their top line centreman for a 3rd liner, and 6th defenseman at best right now.

You want Comrie, start with Boynton.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:39 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF
Not fair at all, in my mind.

Axellson is a nice guy to have to man the PK I wouldn't say that he is a glaring need for the Oilers. As for Jillson, the Oilers would be taking a huge chance on him, it's not really clear how the guy will develop. I would never advise a team to trade their top line centreman for a 3rd liner, and 6th defenseman at best right now.

You want Comrie, start with Boynton.
firstly, you underrate axelsson. we'd have no interest in dealing him anyway.

as for your "start with boynton", how about start AND end with boynton. comrie for boynton is a fair deal one for one, but i wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. no way can the b's afford to move boynton, as their D is questionable to begin with. and comrie's attitude would not be welcome in boston- he's a whiner, and we don't need anyone like that.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:48 AM
evman150*

*Boynton*

Old
09-27-2003, 08:50 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

as much as axelsson is being *underrated,* comrie is, as usual, being OVERrated. axelsson AND boynton for an undersized headcase that MIGHT be a solid scorer in the NHL? i have a feeling that when comrie is finally traded, you're going to be vastly disappointed by the return.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:51 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs

as for your "start with boynton", how about start AND end with boynton. comrie for boynton is a fair deal one for one, but i wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. no way can the b's afford to move boynton, as their D is questionable to begin with. and comrie's attitude would not be welcome in boston- he's a whiner, and we don't need anyone like that.
Sorry but Boynton is not worth Comrie.
And I'm no oiler fan.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:55 AM
Malmo_Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs

I would do a Boynton for Comrie swap one on one but I don't see why everyone thinks Comrie is a whiner. He's holding out for more money...big deal. So is Havlat, So is Gaborik does that make them whiners with bad attitude. I don't know where all this is coming from...

By the way isn't Boynton holding out as well...

Old
09-27-2003, 08:58 AM
Malmo_Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
as much as axelsson is being *underrated,* comrie is, as usual, being OVERrated. axelsson AND boynton for an undersized headcase that MIGHT be a solid scorer in the NHL? i have a feeling that when comrie is finally traded, you're going to be vastly disappointed by the return.
Comrie already is a solid scorer in the NHL, in his first full year he had over 30 goals, and the next year he was on pace for the same until he broke his wrist. And how exactly is he a headcase?

I don't expect a huge return, but I think Comrie holds some very decent value around the league.

Old
09-27-2003, 09:13 AM
FacelessButcher

Boynton for Comrie is fair and Boynton is holding out as well its just trading one greedy guy for another but each can service holes on the other team. Boyton has held out before and got redrafted as a result Comrie threatened holdout before but signed with Edmonton so I would say they are both problem cases and it is unfair to call Comrie a whiner without servicing the same label to Boynton.

I would consider taking Jillson from an Edmonton perspective if he was attached to a 2nd and 4th round pick but I would prefer Comrie straight up for Boynton

Old
09-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Lowetide

I like Boynton and Jillson, one is probably too much for Comrie (Boynton) and the other not enough (Jillson).

The sum of Comrie's value can be expressed in his goal scoring stats, which are pretty damn good. If Comrie shoots lights out two years in a row, then we might be looking at something more; however, his "established" level of play is a smaller center with 25 goals and a minus defensive player.

Boynton's game goes beyond pure stats, and imo he's worth more than Comrie at this time. I'd rate Boynton ahead of him.

Old
09-27-2003, 10:56 AM
brianscot

Boston will not trade Boynton for Comrie.

The bruins are already weak on defense and are high on centers Patrice Bergeron and Sergei Zinovjev.

Perhaps in some sorta package, but not straight up.

Old
09-27-2003, 11:03 AM
Evilo

I value Comrie higher than Boynton.
That doesn't mean Boston should trade him for Comrie (as Brian said, they lack D already), but value wise, I rate a 30 goals young scorer over a solid Dman.
Boynton is a very good Dman I'd love to have on my team.
But IMO Comrie is an impact player.

Old
09-27-2003, 11:07 AM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
I value Comrie higher than Boynton.
That doesn't mean Boston should trade him for Comrie (as Brian said, they lack D already), but value wise, I rate a 30 goals young scorer over a solid Dman.
Boynton is a very good Dman I'd love to have on my team.
But IMO Comrie is an impact player.

My argument though is that Comrie hasn't established that he's a 30 goal scorer. He's gone 8, 33, and then 20. IF he goes 31, 28, and then 33 or something then he will have clearly established a higher level.

Right now he looks like a 25 goal man whose style of play and size make him slightly more of an injury risk than a bigger player.

Old
09-27-2003, 11:24 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmo_Mike
but I don't see why everyone thinks Comrie is a whiner. He's holding out for more money...big deal. So is Havlat, So is Gaborik does that make them whiners with bad attitude. I don't know where all this is coming from...
yes, it makes them greedy little *****es...

Old
09-27-2003, 11:39 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora's box
Then that could go for ALOT of players in the NHL. I don't like how the players operate one bit, BUT I don't think that just because they hold out they become Prima donnas (sp)!!!! Comrie is a good guy, he's good in the community, all that kinda stuff. People in Detroit, or where ever, calling Comrie a selfish whiner is funny. WAY OFF. But Funny.

Old
09-27-2003, 12:08 PM
Malmo_Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora's box
perhaps I should have worded it differently...yes he is whining about money so I guess you could call him a whiner in that sense....but people seem to think that he's that kind of player in the dressing room and on the ice.

Old
09-27-2003, 01:08 PM
Evilo

Comrie scored 20 goals in only 69 games last season. He also had more assists than his 82 games, 60 points season.
His totals last year of 51 points in 69 games equal his totals of the year before.
Basically, when people say he's had a downhill season stats wise, it's wrong. He simply played less games, had less goals, but had more assists.
As for his size, when your job is to put the puck in the back of the net, your size doens't matter as much. A lot of small players score tons of points.
This is a guy that won't get less than 60 points minimum in 82 games with decent icetime.
There aren't many players in this league that can be counted for that much AT MINIMUM.

Old
09-27-2003, 01:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
My argument though is that Comrie hasn't established that he's a 30 goal scorer. He's gone 8, 33, and then 20. IF he goes 31, 28, and then 33 or something then he will have clearly established a higher level.

Right now he looks like a 25 goal man whose style of play and size make him slightly more of an injury risk than a bigger player.
That 8 was over half of a season when he was called up in February and put on the 3rd line, while the 20 is a result of being injured.

Let's not forget the leverage Mike Comrie has. Without him the Oilers top center is either Marty Reasoner or moving Mike York back over and giving someone like Ethan Moreau more playing time. So it's not like the Oilers are loaded and they can pawn off Comrie, and if they are going to trade him the team that gets him will have to give up a capable NHL center, and a respectable prospect (i.e. someone better than Marty Reasoner and Jochen Hecht)

Old
09-27-2003, 01:49 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
perhaps I should have worded it differently...yes he is whining about money so I guess you could call him a whiner in that sense....but people seem to think that he's that kind of player in the dressing room and on the ice.

They are NOT holding out. You can't HOLD out without a contract

Yashin HELD out

These players are waiting for a contract offer to thier liking

And its thier right!

I'd like to see someone to force you to do something for the pay they want you to take. With you not being able to have a say whatsoever

Some players are greedy (Yashin)

Some players are asking for what they are worth (Gaborik)

Old
09-27-2003, 02:23 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Let's not forget the leverage Mike Comrie has.
I don't think he has any, quite frankly. I'm hoping he signs and plays here until he's 40, but in this season ahead the Oilers could simply let him sit. They're not headed to the finals, they're unlikely to step into an elevator shaft and end up 11th. EVEN if they do, giving Comrie major dollars just means you'll have that contract to deal with when you sit down and talk to Hemsky and his agent.

The only way Lowe screws this up is by giving in. The fanbase is behind him all the way, so he might as well get this nasty business done now.

Old
09-27-2003, 02:29 PM
Malmo_Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
They are NOT holding out. You can't HOLD out without a contract

Yashin HELD out

These players are waiting for a contract offer to thier liking

And its thier right!

I'd like to see someone to force you to do something for the pay they want you to take. With you not being able to have a say whatsoever

Some players are greedy (Yashin)

Some players are asking for what they are worth (Gaborik)
So I worded it wrong, Don't have a heart attack, If you would have read my posts you would see I'm actually defending Comrie

Old
09-27-2003, 04:54 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Then that could go for ALOT of players in the NHL. I don't like how the players operate one bit, BUT I don't think that just because they hold out they become Prima donnas (sp)!!!! Comrie is a good guy, he's good in the community, all that kinda stuff. People in Detroit, or where ever, calling Comrie a selfish whiner is funny. WAY OFF. But Funny.
when we get right down to it.. who the **** cares about a few hundred thousand when he does so much for the community, has fun, loves his city, is comfortable.. etc.. it's the same **** weight did...

greedy ***** ..

Quote:
in that case i'd partly agree with you.. holding out has nothing negative automatically attached when the player walks into the dressing room, other then resentment from the other players... but, that isn't the player's (who held out) fault, it's the guys that are focussing on that.. rather then the game...

Closed Thread