HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Datsyuk not comming back rumor not true

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2005, 04:44 AM
Howard35

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Datsyuk not comming back rumor not true

http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwing...4_Datsyuk.html

Quote:
“We’ve talked to Datsyuk and his agent about the rumor of him not coming back, but it’s not true,” said Red Wings assistant general manager Jim Nill. “That was in the media. When we get a new CBA done and a new IIHF deal done, an NHL contract will always override an IIHF contract.
perfecto

also said datsyuk is 181 lbs, has he gained muscle? what was he last year?

Old
06-14-2005, 07:23 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwing...4_Datsyuk.html

perfecto

also said datsyuk is 181 lbs, has he gained muscle? what was he last year?

Good news!

Old
06-14-2005, 12:13 PM
doublejack

Now to find the money to sign him with...

Regarding Dats' weight, he was listed at 185 last year as a Wing so I'd say there's been no change in his build.

Old
06-14-2005, 12:40 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
THERE IS A GOD!!!!

Thank you Pasha, for giving us hope again! Now I REALLY want to see the CBA be a done deal!

Old
06-14-2005, 12:41 PM
DETROIT SKABOY

Send a message via ICQ to DETROIT SKABOY Send a message via MSN to DETROIT SKABOY Send a message via Yahoo to DETROIT SKABOY
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Old
06-14-2005, 07:18 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETROIT SKABOY
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I won't believe it until I see him in the RW uniform.

For one, the Red Wings are nearly at the cap level with only 13 players signed.

Datsyuk will be worth $3M a year, IMO.

Not sure if the Wings will be able to pay him that.

Apparently, he's making $2 Million, tax free in Russia, and he's become one of the most popular players in the country after winning regular season and playoff MVP.

Old
06-14-2005, 07:34 PM
kira

If they want him bad enough they will figure something out...just get him back here - I don't care HOW you do it.

Old
06-14-2005, 09:23 PM
MotownMadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
If they want him bad enough they will figure something out...just get him back here - I don't care HOW you do it.
I agree Kira. And would second the sentiment for Zetterburg. Maybe the Wings can defer Hatcher to another team to free up some room?

Old
06-14-2005, 11:19 PM
eightspokedb
pickee chickadee

To free up room for Zetterberg and Datsyuk they should leave Hatcher beside the road with a sign 'will skate for food' - that is a no brainer -

I got a phone call from Kira as soon as she heard - one of the happiest phone calls I've ever gotten!!!! Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!!

Old
06-15-2005, 04:49 AM
Howard35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
I won't believe it until I see him in the RW uniform.

For one, the Red Wings are nearly at the cap level with only 13 players signed.

Datsyuk will be worth $3M a year, IMO.

Not sure if the Wings will be able to pay him that.

Apparently, he's making $2 Million, tax free in Russia, and he's become one of the most popular players in the country after winning regular season and playoff MVP.
under a cap to get players under contract without teams being screwed im sure a team is allowed to drop a certain play or players as in a amount. If thats the case, who do you ditch? Hatch? Whits? cujo?

and btw, after taxes, i think dats will have a little more then 2 million bucks....not to mention honors to play in the NHL once again

Old
06-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Captain

We need Hatcher to clear the front of the net and teach Fischer how to, eightspokedb. The Wings are far too guilty of letting players park in front of their net unmolested.

Who goes is a tough one. Cujo should go, but I don't think the Wings are comfortable with Manny as their #1. It should be interesting to see what the Wings do in net.

Old
06-15-2005, 09:15 AM
n00dles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
We need Hatcher to clear the front of the net and teach Fischer how to, eightspokedb. The Wings are far too guilty of letting players park in front of their net unmolested.

Who goes is a tough one. Cujo should go, but I don't think the Wings are comfortable with Manny as their #1. It should be interesting to see what the Wings do in net.
Well, imo Hatcher wasn't much of a competitor his last season here. If he can regain his form he is very valuable to the team but I also wouldn't shed many tears if he was traded (friggin back-loaded contract according to RWC).

And great news on Datsyuk! Without him it would have been very very hard to solidify the top two lines.

Old
06-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Paul

Send a message via ICQ to Paul Send a message via MSN to Paul
What about some players re-structuring their contracts?

Anyone think that might happen?

Old
06-15-2005, 02:47 PM
kira

I think that is a very good possibility, Paul, and I'm glad you brought it up. I honestly believe that that will happen...players like Nick, Robert Lang and Hatcher should definitely defer some of their money to make sure that we get Pasha and Henrik back under wraps. I'd not be surprised to see that happen. I'm sure some of them may also consider taking some of the money as a signing bonus, thereby lowering the salary cap a bit, opening up the money to get those two back where they belong.

Good point raised.

Old
06-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Howard35

Quote:

cujos contract is the highest if i recall besides lidstrom. Would be nice if nik re-configures his contract so that we arent so screwed during the signing time. If i had 3 wishes:
-Let cujo go, sign someone else better for cheaper maybe (hell for 7.5 drop cujo and sign BULIN!, but tampa wont let him hit the UFA market)
-lids restructures his contract
-whitney has no purpose anymore, yea i know 1 year, but where does he really fit in, maybe drop him, use his few mill and resign our youngsters and just go young, if not you got a 3 mill guy playing not a ton of minutes with not the guys he needs to succeed, might not be a good combo.

Old
06-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
cujos contract is the highest if i recall besides lidstrom. Would be nice if nik re-configures his contract so that we arent so screwed during the signing time. If i had 3 wishes:
-Let cujo go, sign someone else better for cheaper maybe (hell for 7.5 drop cujo and sign BULIN!, but tampa wont let him hit the UFA market)
-lids restructures his contract
-whitney has no purpose anymore, yea i know 1 year, but where does he really fit in, maybe drop him, use his few mill and resign our youngsters and just go young, if not you got a 3 mill guy playing not a ton of minutes with not the guys he needs to succeed, might not be a good combo.
Oh I would love to see Nick agree to a contract mod so he would be more affordable. Maybe less money but more years? Year, I would love to see that.

Whitney is a good player but does't seem to be a good fit for the Wings. I couldn't agree more.

As far as Cujo is concerned, I'd be comfortable with Manny as the Wings #1. But that's just me.

Old
06-15-2005, 07:10 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
I think that is a very good possibility, Paul, and I'm glad you brought it up. I honestly believe that that will happen...players like Nick, Robert Lang and Hatcher should definitely defer some of their money to make sure that we get Pasha and Henrik back under wraps. I'd not be surprised to see that happen. I'm sure some of them may also consider taking some of the money as a signing bonus, thereby lowering the salary cap a bit, opening up the money to get those two back where they belong.

Good point raised.

No offense, but this is about as likely as a snowstorm in El Salvador.

NHL Players have been LOCKED OUT of their jobs by their bosses for a year.
They are likely agreeing to a salary cap that will dramatically decrease their ability to get money they thought they'd get.
And, on top of that, they might all ready be giving back 24 percent of their paycheck.

Do you seriously think that ANYONE in the Wings management is going to have the nerve to even ask if anyone wants to restructure their contracts?

I doubt it.

The players are eating dirt right now in these negotiations. I'd be shocked if they came back in their old, generous mood./

Old
06-15-2005, 07:26 PM
MaV

It's not that simple, not necessarily. IIHF can not force Russian league to agree to their contract with NHL.

Then again, it all depends on what Datsyuk really wants to do anyway.

Old
06-15-2005, 09:32 PM
kira

Both he and his agent have said time and again he wants to come back here to play...in fact, in one interview he stated that Detroit was "home" now...

Old
06-16-2005, 12:26 PM
doublejack

If Datsyuk is getting 2M tax-free to play in Russia then kiss him goodbye. There is absolutely no way for the Wings to match that. None at all.

Even a 3M salary won't do it because the top tax bracket in the U.S. is 38%. So 3M before taxes is only 1.86M after taxes. You're looking at 3.5M just to match what he's making over there, and the Wings just don't have 3.5M to spend thanks to contracts like Lidstrom's, Hatcher's and Lang's. There won't be enough cap space to entice him back, and I couldn't blame him for remaining in his home Country for more or the same $$$.

The best hope at this point is to deal Datsyuk to a team that can afford him and get some picks in return. Or, sit on his rights until the salary space opens up to sign him... but trading him is the more attractive alternative I believe.

Old
06-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
If Datsyuk is getting 2M tax-free to play in Russia then kiss him goodbye. There is absolutely no way for the Wings to match that. None at all.

Even a 3M salary won't do it because the top tax bracket in the U.S. is 38%. So 3M before taxes is only 1.86M after taxes. You're looking at 3.5M just to match what he's making over there, and the Wings just don't have 3.5M to spend thanks to contracts like Lidstrom's, Hatcher's and Lang's. There won't be enough cap space to entice him back, and I couldn't blame him for remaining in his home Country for more or the same $$$.

The best hope at this point is to deal Datsyuk to a team that can afford him and get some picks in return. Or, sit on his rights until the salary space opens up to sign him... but trading him is the more attractive alternative I believe.

I sure do hope you're wrong, doublejack. The future of the team looks bleak without him.

Old
06-16-2005, 05:12 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
I sure do hope you're wrong, doublejack. The future of the team looks bleak without him.
I say we should let him stay in Russia for a year.
We should also trade Robert Lang (our only valuable tradeable asset, IMO, that I'd consider trading) for a first round pick.

So we'll have two first round picks next season, one of them being pretty high because the Wings will blow without Datsyuk and Lang.

That gives us a shot at a high profile prospect like Kessel or Little or Mueller. And then we can pick another nice prospect in the first round.

By this point, several big contracts will have lapsed.
We pluck Datsyuk back out of Russia.
And we'll have some money left over for a good UFA, and we'll be much richer. prospect wise.

Truth is, I don't see us doing much next season, anyway.
I'd rather rebuild and finish 12th in the conference than go balls out and finish 7-9th.

Old
06-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Captain

After a year off is probably not the best time to emulate the Capitals and strike for league bottom-feeder.

I still believe the Wings have the right core to compete, and with some younger blood on the roster, may have a better team then the last time we saw them play.

As much as I'd like to keep Lang, it would sure be nice to see the wings draft someone like Kessel.

Old
06-17-2005, 01:08 PM
MetalMilitia

Face it, the Wings are screwed with this new CBA bulls**t! If the new salary cap is flexable the Wings will have a chance at being a dominant team that they were, but I am almost 100% certain the Wings will be a .500 team after Gary Bettman is done with them I guess that's what you get for signing Joseph for 8 mil, Hatcher for 5 and Lidstrom for 10. Lidstrom is worth it, but Hatcher is maybe 3M at the most and Joseph is definitly not 8mill! Brodeur is 6.5 Mil or something like that, and he is 3X better than Cujo. If I were Kenny Holland, I would have offered Cujo 4.5 Mil at the most

Old
06-17-2005, 01:14 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingfan33
Face it, the Wings are screwed with this new CBA bulls**t! If the new salary cap is flexable the Wings will have a chance at being a dominant team that they were, but I am almost 100% certain the Wings will be a .500 team after Gary Bettman is done with them I guess that's what you get for signing Joseph for 8 mil, Hatcher for 5 and Lidstrom for 10. Lidstrom is worth it, but Hatcher is maybe 3M at the most and Joseph is definitly not 8mill! Brodeur is 6.5 Mil or something like that, and he is 3X better than Cujo. If I were Kenny Holland, I would have offered Cujo 4.5 Mil at the most
Joseph's contract is expired. 05-06 is an option year and obviously the Wings aren't going to pick up the option for 8M.

Closed Thread