Notices

Losing our young players

Old
07-10-2013, 02:15 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

vCash: 500
Losing our young players

Could lose our young players if Chevy and especially Noel, don't know how to use them? Could Mark Scheifele, if not given a fair chance to make the big team, just say screw this I am going somewhere? After Alexander Burmistrov left, I hope that trend does not continue but what if it does continue?

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:20 PM
videofarmer
thirsty

Where do you think Mark Scheifele would go?

videofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:25 PM
sully1410

As much as it sucks to lose Burmistrov...lets not kid ourselves it takes two to tango, and Burmi was most likely a challenge to
Coach. That being said, I think the guy will be back in the NHL regardless.

At the end of the day, both Burmi and Noel are too blame for this.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:29 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

More blaming Noel for a player not listening......

Every young player on team has had Noel go up them for something they did wrong at some point in time.

Everyone but Burmistrov appears to have taken that critisim and made improvements

Maybe you you listened more your ass wouldnt be parked in the press box and you wouldnt be crying like a little spoiled brat about how you didnt get along with your coach

Yup
Clearly the coaches fault!

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
Could lose our young players if Chevy and especially Noel, don't know how to use them? Could Mark Scheifele, if not given a fair chance to make the big team, just say screw this I am going somewhere? After Alexander Burmistrov left, I hope that trend does not continue but what if it does continue?
A million times more likely that Noel is fired before Scheif's ELC expires than that scenario I've bolded.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:36 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
A million times more likely that Noel is fired before Scheif's ELC expires than that scenario I've bolded.
Not to mention that MS is a good little soldier and very coach able.

Old
07-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post

Every young player on team has had Noel go up them for something they did wrong at some point in time.

Everyone but Burmistrov appears to have taken that critisim and made improvements

Maybe you you listened more your ass wouldnt be parked in the press box and you wouldnt be crying like a little spoiled brat about how you didnt get along with your coach

Yup
You have a point, for sure it's not one-sided and only Noel's fault. But it is not a good sign that an organization that has publicly committed itself to building a contender is having its personnel chase away its talent. And that is what happened, regardless of where you place Noel on the spectrum of culpability.

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:42 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Chase who away?
1 player left.
1 player out of the 23 on the NHL roster has an issue with the coach.
and some even the same age as Burmistrov.

To me, that is way more player then coach.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:43 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Chase who away?
1 player left.
1 player out of the 23 on the NHL roster has an issue with the coach.
and some even the same age as Burmistrov.

To me, that is way more player then coach.
Too be fair...

It's one player that we know about.

Old
07-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Joe Hallenback

1 word

Russian

That is all you need to understand. Don't draft them and don't trade for them because you will have to deal with this scenario every time.

Joe Hallenback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Brian Cadle Fan

vCash: 50
One is an anomaly

Two is a co-incidence

Three is a trend.

I will start being concerned if we lose 2, I will worry if we lose 3.

In the meantime I will let Noel and Chevy do their jobs.

Brian Cadle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:49 PM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

I would like to see Schiefele earn 2nd line centre btw Kane and Guchi and put up some great # s........... Ist wpg Jet Calder trophy since Teemu .........

SCHIEFELE was better than Hubberdeau at the WJC last Jan b4 the season started........ Schiefele IMHO .....has a shot if he earns 2nd line status and lights it up with Kane and Guchi

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:52 PM
scelaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
With all due respect, losing Burmi does not constitute a trend, so the premise of this thread is wrong.
His circumstances, in particular his Russian origins and the way he was mishandled by Atlanta, are unique relative to our other highly-ranked prospects.

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:56 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:

Yup
Seems to me he did improve. He played more straight line hockey after the benching and Noel chose to play him more than any other Jet forward in a game or two down the stretch.

I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but I know that Noel has made puzzling personnel decisions off and on for two years. That could be a frustrating environment in which to play. ...or perhaps it was just about money. We don't know.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:58 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

What about Kulda? He comes back over after a good season in the KHL and Noel doesn't let him see even one game in over a month. Now he is likely going back to Russia.

All so we could see more of Meech...

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:04 PM
jiboy
Patience

vCash: 50
burmistrov was rushed to the NHL and he never had the fun of dominating players his own age

competly stupid to have him in the nhl at 18 and the jets are paying for it

burmi probably didnt have fun playing hockey since a while and it just killed his development

jiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:06 PM
jimmycrackcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Seems to me he did improve. He played more straight line hockey after the benching and Noel chose to play him more than any other Jet forward in a game or two down the stretch.

I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but I know that Noel has made puzzling personnel decisions off and on for two years. That could be a frustrating environment in which to play. ...or perhaps it was just about money. We don't know.
Please point to me to one team forum on this site where there aren't dozens of armchair experts who think their coach made "puzzling personnel decisions".

Thank-you.

jimmycrackcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:06 PM
pcanuck

Burmi is one of two (Kulda left as well). That being said, they will be under Jets control for a long period of time unless the team decides not to offer them arbitration. So I'm not too worried about MS.

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
IMO this isn't truly as simple as a case of a player and coach not getting along with Burmistrov, but rather it is more a case of a player not fully understanding his place in the food chain.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
TNSE are now beginning to build a team culture from within. Eventually the vast majority of this team will be taught their systems at the rookie camps, at the prospect tournaments, at the AHL and NHL level, and all systems play and as well all of the expectations placed upon these players will be stamped upon them from day one. There will eventually be no room for a player to rebel like Burmistrov apparently has... because the franchise's expectations will be explained in detail right from the beginning. They will need to earn their spots going forward by performing at all times as asked, or they won't advance.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:12 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
IMO this isn't truly as simple as a case of a player and coach not getting along with Burmistrov, but rather it is more a case of a player not fully understanding his place in the food chain.
If so, the coach didn't understand the player's place in the food chain either as far as production goes at least. Which was basically right behind Ladd, Wheeler, Little, and Kane as far as forwards go. Also didn't understand Antropov and Wellwood's place. And grossly overestimated Jokinen and Miettinen's.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:14 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
What about Kulda? He comes back over after a good season in the KHL and Noel doesn't let him see even one game in over a month. Now he is likely going back to Russia.

This is also true, I thought Kulda, would have helped the defence.

Old
07-10-2013, 03:16 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
With all due respect, losing Burmi does not constitute a trend, so the premise of this thread is wrong.
His circumstances, in particular his Russian origins and the way he was mishandled by Atlanta, are unique relative to our other highly-ranked prospects.

Kulda also but don't think was Noel's fault, I don't think Noel is a good NHL coach and he was really never Chevys guys and that is why he got a just one year contract extension.

Old
07-10-2013, 03:18 PM
VictoriaJetsFan

Quote:

This is an excellent point. In regards to Burmi, why on earth did Jokinen get more ice time than him?

Why was Kulda not given a shot?

In the long run, unless you have a chance at Scotty Bowman or maybe Babcock, a coach is far less important than a strong player.

VictoriaJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:19 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
If so, the coach didn't understand the player's place in the food chain either as far as production goes at least. Which was basically right behind Ladd, Wheeler, Little, and Kane as far as forwards go. Also didn't understand Antropov and Wellwood's place. And grossly overestimated Jokinen and Miettinen's.

I think Burmi was misused both in Atlanta(rushed into the NHL cause they were cheap) and Winnipeg(the Jets did how to use his skills and not enough ice time).