HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Phx and Edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2013, 02:19 PM
  #1
OiledGun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Phx and Edm

With the trading of Paajarvi to St. Louis. Edmonton is in need of some players suited to a shut down line.

To phx: Hemsky (1 million retained)

To edm: Moss

Edmonton gets a third line player that fits the checking style we will need for our third line better than Hemsky.

Phoenix gets a legitimate top six winger for a reasonable 4 million a year.

Flame away

OiledGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:20 PM
  #2
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: County Cork
Country: Ireland
Posts: 54,177
vCash: 500
Edmonton would need to retain 2.5mil.

__________________
All of it is Dave Tippett's fault. He's the worst.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:21 PM
  #3
OiledGun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Edmonton would need to retain 2.5mil.
Your reason for this? Hemsky is a better player than Moss. If we were trading Hemsky at an AAV of 2.5 the price would go up.

OiledGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:22 PM
  #4
ck26
Alcoholab User
 
ck26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Coyotes Bandwagon
Country: United States
Posts: 10,643
vCash: 141
Is Hemsky really that much better offensively than Moss? The numbers don't indicate it the last few years. I don't see the point of this trade for PHX.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:23 PM
  #5
Draiskull
Registered User
 
Draiskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,629
vCash: 700
Thank you for not including OEL in your proposal..

as for the deal... meh...

Draiskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:23 PM
  #6
Sciamachy
Shadow Coyote
 
Sciamachy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wanderer
Posts: 1,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledGun View Post
Your reason for this? Hemsky is a better player than Moss. If we were trading Hemsky at an AAV of 2.5 the price would go up.
We couldn't afford him otherwise.

Sciamachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:24 PM
  #7
Draiskull
Registered User
 
Draiskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,629
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledGun View Post
Your reason for this? Hemsky is a better player than Moss. If we were trading Hemsky at an AAV of 2.5 the price would go up.
reason: PHO is surprisingly close to cap ceiling... and EDM wont be anywhere close to it next season..

Draiskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:26 PM
  #8
OiledGun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
reason: PHO is surprisingly close to cap ceiling... and EDM wont be anywhere close to it next season..
Fair enough. Part of the reason was for edmonton to shed some salary to sign gagner, add another top four defender and round out the bottom six.

OiledGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:27 PM
  #9
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
Is Hemsky really that much better offensively than Moss? The numbers don't indicate it the last few years. I don't see the point of this trade for PHX.
When healthy, Hemsky is a dynamic offensive player (Think Havlat). He drives the play, creates offence.

Moss isn't a .75 ppg player (And Hemsky is closer to .85-.9 ppg player when healthy.).

Not that I have watched him tons, by I can't remember Moss driving anyone's offense, and for several seasons, Hemsky did it almost alone in Edmonton.

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:28 PM
  #10
OiledGun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Thank you for not including OEL in your proposal..

as for the deal... meh...
Ya. The oel threads never seem to end well. I started one last summer with eberle and Marincin. Since then oel has only gotten better and oiler fans are offering less

OiledGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:32 PM
  #11
NeutralZone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
reason: PHO is surprisingly close to cap ceiling... and EDM wont be anywhere close to it next season..
Edmonton is actually surprisingly close this season. Assuming Gagner gets signed around 5 mil, there's only about 2.5 mil left after that. Of course, losing even half of Hemsky's salary opens it up a little again.

NeutralZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:34 PM
  #12
OiledGun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Edmonton is actually surprisingly close this season. Assuming Gagner gets signed around 5 mil, there's only about 2.5 mil left after that. Of course, losing even half of Hemsky's salary opens it up a little again.
Not much when moss makes 2.1

OiledGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:38 PM
  #13
ck26
Alcoholab User
 
ck26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Coyotes Bandwagon
Country: United States
Posts: 10,643
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats432 View Post
When healthy, Hemsky is a dynamic offensive player (Think Havlat). He drives the play, creates offence.

Moss isn't a .75 ppg player (And Hemsky is closer to .85-.9 ppg player when healthy.).

Not that I have watched him tons, by I can't remember Moss driving anyone's offense, and for several seasons, Hemsky did it almost alone in Edmonton.
I remember this Hemsky years ago but my default reaction to proposals like this is always, "really? You have a PPG guy but you're willing to trade him for a checking winger? Sounds like you have a lot of faith in his health ..."

Moss isn't driving anyone's offense, but if I don't have faith in his health, then I think this creates a bigger hole on the PHX checking line / PK than it fills on the scoring lines / power play.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:54 PM
  #14
5 14 6 1
We are the 11.5%
 
5 14 6 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,035
vCash: 500
I take this deal as an Oiler fan, Phoenix could use some talent and high end skill in Hemsky and our bottom 6 just doesn't suit him at this time. Moss could contribute a more gritty style in our bottom 6 and reunite with Gordon. Hemsky just doesn't fit with Eberle and Yakupov surpassing him on the depth charts.

5 14 6 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:55 PM
  #15
OiledGun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
I remember this Hemsky years ago but my default reaction to proposals like this is always, "really? You have a PPG guy but you're willing to trade him for a checking winger? Sounds like you have a lot of faith in his health ..."

Moss isn't driving anyone's offense, but if I don't have faith in his health, then I think this creates a bigger hole on the PHX checking line / PK than it fills on the scoring lines / power play.
5.99/60 on the power play this season, in a down year. Could definitely help on the powerplay

OiledGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:57 PM
  #16
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 500
Moss playing against Calgary would suck. I always liked him.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:03 PM
  #17
ekcut
Total by in. 2 - 98
 
ekcut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledGun View Post
With the trading of Paajarvi to St. Louis. Edmonton is in need of some players suited to a shut down line.

To phx: Hemsky (1 million retained)

To edm: Moss

Edmonton gets a third line player that fits the checking style we will need for our third line better than Hemsky.

Phoenix gets a legitimate top six winger for a reasonable 4 million a year.

Flame away
I had this exact thought earlier today without the 1 mil

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:08 PM
  #18
OiledGun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
My other thought for a trade was: Gormley Samuelson and Moss for Eberle. But thought there would be a lot of backlash from both sides

OiledGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:18 PM
  #19
Rutkowski
Registered User
 
Rutkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledGun View Post
My other thought for a trade was: Gormley Samuelson and Moss for Eberle. But thought there would be a lot of backlash from both sides
Eberle is good, really damn good, but Gormley is one of the best D prospects in the league and Samuelsson ain't a throwaway either. I think Phoenix would rather give up a draft pick.

Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:23 PM
  #20
Homesick
Registered User
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,997
vCash: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Edmonton would need to retain 2.5mil.
Did you just copy and paste that from your Horcoff responses

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:17 PM
  #21
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: County Cork
Country: Ireland
Posts: 54,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledGun View Post
Your reason for this? Hemsky is a better player than Moss. If we were trading Hemsky at an AAV of 2.5 the price would go up.
We have a strict budget for next season. We can't afford him unless you eat half of his salary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
reason: PHO is surprisingly close to cap ceiling... and EDM wont be anywhere close to it next season..
The salary has nothing to do with it. Cap hit is completely and totally meaningless in Phoenix the only number that matters is actual, real dollars. We can't afford what Hemsky is owed, unless Edmonton picks up half the tab.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:20 PM
  #22
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: County Cork
Country: Ireland
Posts: 54,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Did you just copy and paste that from your Horcoff responses
Nothing has changed. We are still a budget team. Is that supposed to be forgotten about because you traded Horcoff to a non budget team for a 7th?

The fact is Phoenix has a budget and we can't afford to give ten percent of it to Ales Hemsky. Just can't.

If Edmonton wants to eat 50% then there might be something to talk about. If not, it's a pointless discussion.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:26 PM
  #23
XX
One More
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tipplandia?
Country: United States
Posts: 41,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledGun View Post
My other thought for a trade was: Gormley Samuelson and Moss for Eberle. But thought there would be a lot of backlash from both sides
You managed to make a trade where if both managers executed it, they should both be fired. Kudos.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:29 PM
  #24
SupremeTeam16
5-14-6-1
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
what about if we swapped Czechs? Hemsky for Hanzal?

What would coyotes realistically want for Hanzal?

SupremeTeam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:31 PM
  #25
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeTeam16 View Post
what about if we swapped Czechs? Hemsky for Hanzal?

What would coyotes realistically want for Hanzal?
Hanzal is not available. Period. He's too important of a piece for us in order to compete in the Pacific, where size matters.

As for Hemsky, we're definitely interested, but a) EDM has to eat 50% of his salary, no less, and b) it still has to be a trade where they take salary back.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.