HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Five members of the Winnipeg Jets file for salary arbitration

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-10-2013, 04:59 PM
  #1
ICdave
HFB Partner
 
ICdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 500
Five members of the Winnipeg Jets file for salary arbitration

According to Chris Johnston;

Five members of the #NHLJets filed for arbitration: Zach Bogosian, Bryan Little, Paul Postma, Eric Tangradi and Blake Wheeler.



We got a bit of info on site about it.

ICdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:06 PM
  #2
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICdave View Post
According to Chris Johnston;

Five members of the #NHLJets filed for arbitration: Zach Bogosian, Bryan Little, Paul Postma, Eric Tangradi and Blake Wheeler.



We got a bit of info on site about it.
Is it official this time

Can't see how this will work in favor of guys like Postma and Tangradi who have not achieved all that much in their careers. I don't even think Bogo will gain much from it considering all the deals that have been signed this summer, his agent really doesn't have the comparable s on his side. Wheeler and Little could probably both cash in thought.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:10 PM
  #3
viper0220
Go Jets Go
 
viper0220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,596
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICdave View Post
According to Chris Johnston;

Five members of the #NHLJets filed for arbitration: Zach Bogosian, Bryan Little, Paul Postma, Eric Tangradi and Blake Wheeler.



We got a bit of info on site about it.

This does not look good for this organization, why did it have to go this far they should have been signed. Hope fully an offer sheet does not come, looking very bad

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:12 PM
  #4
FBS
Registered User
 
FBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 369
vCash: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Can't see how this will work in favor of guys like Postma and Tangradi who have not achieved all that much in their careers.
My guess is that Chevy was dragging his feet and they figured "what the heck" with the deadline to file looming

FBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:14 PM
  #5
viper0220
Go Jets Go
 
viper0220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,596
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBS View Post
My guess is that Chevy was dragging his feet and they figured "what the heck" with the deadline to file looming

Nothing ****ing new.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:15 PM
  #6
pcanuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
No surprise here... it's the way the game is played. Chevy could have avoided some of this tho...

Zach Bogosian - 2 yrs @ 5.5M (he'll get slightly less than Enstrom and plan to become an UFA to potentially screw Wpg later)

Bryan Little - 2 more years @ 4M (If Ladd can get 4.4, Little gets 3.7M plus market value)

Paul Postma - this man is getting paid. Chevy should have signed him at 1M. He might get in the mid 1.5-2M per range. Maybe more because of his ice time.

Eric Tangradi - he'll get a cool mil on a one year deal

Blake Wheeler - is going to cash in. I can see Chevy doing something stupid here seeing him as a cornerstone. Don't be surprised if Chevy buys out some UFA years and pays him 4.5M per.

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:17 PM
  #7
pcanuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
too bad Chevy couldn't pick up the phone and land Perron. Blues just got fleeced by the Oilers. He would have looked good in a Jets uniform but I guess Chevy is out golfing in the Chicago burbs today.

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:22 PM
  #8
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith
 
Thesaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Cosmos
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 954
Pretty basic here. They're just protecting their own ***** so they don't end up making $2 million this year if they don't get a long term deal done(Little, Wheeler, Bogosian).

Thesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:24 PM
  #9
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,566
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesaurus View Post
Pretty basic here. They're just protecting their own ***** so they don't end up making $2 million this year if they don't get a long term deal done(Little, Wheeler, Bogosian).
Yep. SOP from the player's standpoint. Doesn't mean they'll end up going to arbitration.

Edit: 21 players filed for arbitration.

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/21-players...ry-arbitration

I believe because the players filed, that they can't be offer-sheeted. Holden?

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:29 PM
  #10
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
This does not look good for this organization, why did it have to go this far they should have been signed. Hope fully an offer sheet does not come, looking very bad
Which RFAs have signed with their clubs so far?

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:30 PM
  #11
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,566
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Which RFAs have signed with their clubs so far?
Very few. Although I believe that was rhetorical?

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:32 PM
  #12
Gm0ney
Registered User
 
Gm0ney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,768
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Yep. SOP from the player's standpoint. Doesn't mean they'll end up going to arbitration.

Edit: 21 players filed for arbitration.

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/21-players...ry-arbitration

I believe because the players filed, that they can't be offer-sheeted. Holden?
So nearly a quarter of players filing for arbitration play for the Jets? Bravo, Chevy.

Gm0ney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:34 PM
  #13
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,566
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
So nearly a quarter of players filing for arbitration play for the Jets? Bravo, Chevy.
"There's a process..."


YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:36 PM
  #14
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Very few. Although I believe that was rhetorical?
Forgot the This isn't unique to the Jets, this "sky is falling" attitude is becoming more common here.

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:38 PM
  #15
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,566
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Forgot the This isn't unique to the Jets, this "sky is falling" attitude is becoming more common here.
Knowing your posting habits, I kinda figured it was , but it is getting hard to avoid the shrapnel from the sky right now.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:39 PM
  #16
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Knowing your posting habits, I kinda figured it was , but it is getting hard to avoid the shrapnel from the sky right now.
Haha, LA has 4 RFAs going the arbitration route, I wonder what kind of criticism Dean Lombardi will face on here in the upcoming days

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:43 PM
  #17
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,566
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Haha, LA has 4 RFAs going the arbitration route, I wonder what kind of criticism Dean Lombardi will face on here in the upcoming days
Yep. LA has 5 RFA's, and 4 filed. #whatdidlombardidotoday

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:45 PM
  #18
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith
 
Thesaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Cosmos
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Haha, LA has 4 RFAs going the arbitration route, I wonder what kind of criticism Dean Lombardi will face on here in the upcoming days
People look for any reason to hate on Chevy. The deals will get done, it is all for their own protection financially for the coming year if it comes to that.

Thesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:46 PM
  #19
ps241
The Danish Dash!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,029
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Yep. LA has 5 RFA's, and 4 filed. #whatdidlombardidotoday
Raining on the parade of the haters YWGinYYZ

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:48 PM
  #20
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Is it official this time

Can't see how this will work in favor of guys like Postma and Tangradi who have not achieved all that much in their careers. I don't even think Bogo will gain much from it considering all the deals that have been signed this summer, his agent really doesn't have the comparable s on his side. Wheeler and Little could probably both cash in thought.
Teams cannot walk away from an arbitration ruling under 3.5M in the new CBA, hence arbitration guarantees they get an NHL contract.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:49 PM
  #21
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby
 
DarthMonty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Optimismville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 50
Why the negative responses? It's business. The players are protecting themselves, and have every right to do so. Given the opportunity, I would do exactly the same thing in their position. Frankly, it will probably accelerate the contract process as the Jets probably don't want to go through the process with any player... I bet not one of the five make it to arbitration.

My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

DarthMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:51 PM
  #22
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
No surprise here... it's the way the game is played. Chevy could have avoided some of this tho...

Zach Bogosian - 2 yrs @ 5.5M (he'll get slightly less than Enstrom and plan to become an UFA to potentially screw Wpg later)

Bryan Little - 2 more years @ 4M (If Ladd can get 4.4, Little gets 3.7M plus market value)

Paul Postma - this man is getting paid. Chevy should have signed him at 1M. He might get in the mid 1.5-2M per range. Maybe more because of his ice time.

Eric Tangradi - he'll get a cool mil on a one year deal

Blake Wheeler - is going to cash in. I can see Chevy doing something stupid here seeing him as a cornerstone. Don't be surprised if Chevy buys out some UFA years and pays him 4.5M per.
What on earth are you talking about? The guy averaged 15 minutes a game. The only defenceman that played a game for the Jets last year and averaged less was Meech.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:52 PM
  #23
Andy6
Court Jetster
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Raining on the parade of the haters YWGinYYZ
The reason we wanted a team back was to have something new to complain about. After the draft went frustratingly well despite our "AHL g.m. and coach", this is the best we've got. Hopefully it will all turn out badly and the Jets will finish in last place and everyone in management will be fired. Then we'll be happy again.

Andy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:56 PM
  #24
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Teams cannot walk away from an arbitration ruling under 3.5M in the new CBA, hence arbitration guarantees they get an NHL contract.
Interesting, I didn't know that.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:57 PM
  #25
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,150
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
This does not look good for this organization, why did it have to go this far they should have been signed. Hope fully an offer sheet does not come, looking very bad
You cant be serious

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.