HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking at the schedule for 2013-14

Old
07-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Persona5

vCash: 500
Looking at the schedule for 2013-14

Once they posted the upcoming schedule the first thing I wanted to look at was how many back to back games we had this season. One reason is because of the Olympics we knew it would be a little more compressed than usual. The other reason is our lack of a proven back-up in net so Rinne doesn't have to play on back to back nights.

After looking through the Predators schedule I noticed we play 1 back to back with both games being at home. We play 7 back to back games on the road and we play 7 back to back games with one being at home and one on the road. That makes for a total of 15 back to back games the team will have to endure this season.

It seems like a lot and it is. Especially when you look at the rest of our division and see how they stack up to these numbers. Only one team plays more back to backs in our division than we do. Here is the list from most to least for our division.

Chicago - 17
Nashville - 15
Dallas - 13
St. Louis - 13
Minnesota - 12
Colorado - 10
Winnipeg - 9

I know how hard schedule making must be but these numbers seem to be pretty screwed as you rarely see teams win on back to back nights in the NHL.

Just to give you an idea here is the list of our back to backs.

1) The first one is the second game of the season vs Colorado. They do not play on the 3rd (the day before) but we do and it is a division game.

2) We play Winnipeg on 3/20 and again they do not play the day before but we do. Another division game.

3) We then play Chicago on 11/16. They do not play the day before and another division game.

4) We play Edmonton on 11/28 and they have a 2 day rest before this game in which we play the night before.

5) We then play LA on 12/28 who will have a 4 day rest before they play us.

6) Here we play Carolina on 1/5 and they do play the night before as we do. Just so happens it isn't even a conference game.

7) Here we play Minnesota on 1/12 and they do have a game against Colorado the night before. This is probably our easiest back to back of the season as we play Ottawa the night before but both games are home games.

8) We play Calgary on 1/24 and they do not play the night before. I'll bet anything our back-up play this night as we play Vancouver the night before and Rinne will be in net for that one.

9) We play the Blues on 2/1. Both have games the night before and both have to travel. The blues go from Carolina back home and we travel from Nashville to St. Louis. Pretty even on this one I would say.

10) We play Buffalo on 3/11. They do not play the night before and we travel from Ottawa to Buffalo. Not too bad but they will be more rested for sure.

11) We play St. Louis again on 3/15 after playing Chicago the night before. St. Louis has the day off before and this is one I can see Rinne playing in both games.

12) Yes we play our 3rd back to back in 10 days here against Vancouver on 3/19. Vancouver does not play the night before. The nucks do have to go from Tampa back home however but do have a day in between. We go from Edmonton to Vancouver.

13) Another division game against Dallas on the back end on 3/28. Dallas has 2 days rest before this game and we travel from home to Dallas on this one. Looks like the back-up will play Buffalo that night against us in Nashville to save Rinne for the quick turn.

14) We then play San Jose on 4/5. They do not play the night before. One of our west coast swings and we don't get a night off here.

15) How else should we end the season but against division rivals on back to back nights. We play Chicago for the season finale at home and then fly to Minnesota to play them the next night. Minnesota gets 2 days rest before our game against them.

Not the easiest schedule by any means. The Predators are going to have a hard time getting through some stretches. If we are not in a good position by time the Olympics come around I think we will have no chance of making it.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 04:22 PM
triggrman

vCash: 557
We have a lot of back to backs because we have a busy arena. The other events in the arena also fund the Predators owners so we can't really complain.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Dave is a killer
Dave's a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
We have a lot of back to backs because we have a busy arena. The other events in the arena also fund the Predators owners so we can't really complain.
Ding ding ding ding ... I'm going to see Nine Inch Nails, so I am not complaining

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
I know how hard schedule making must be but these numbers seem to be pretty screwed as you rarely see teams win on back to back nights in the NHL.
Check out the Jackets' record in back-to-backs last year after Bobrovsky took over.

Also, keep in mind that everybody gets this manner of screwage one way or the other.

Down With Dr. Evil - Fire Kekalainen.
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 06:42 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I would take a look at rest before and after b2b games. if there is a 2 day break on either side, I would think pekka can handle it

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote