Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Antro and Hainsey Had No Market Value?

Old
07-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Guerzy
Serenity

vCash: 200
Has absolutely zero to do with value, and more to do with other teams fixing their own messes and salary issues. Look at Carolina, they're in on some "big name" UFA (exact words from their GM), who contacted them about playing for them. The player is currently waiting patiently for Jim Rutherford to clear the salary he needs to clear in order to accommodate the signing. Perhaps that is Ron Hainsey? who knows..

Things run much deeper than just looking at some of these players and thinking they have little or no value. Welcome to the salary cap world, and welcome to a funny offseason where the cap is going down. It has put a squeeze on a lot of teams. I'd bet Chevy and the Jets are one of those teams. Sure we probably want to sign a 3rd line player of some sort, but we need to take care of our big 3 RFA first.

It seems we've seen a UFA signing period, a period in which RFA will then sign, then another UFA signing period will occur. It's coming in waves this offseason for a reason.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 10:07 AM
pcanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSystemsGo View Post
Seems to me that since Hainsey and Antropov have not signed with anyone by now, it's fairly obvious that they didn't have any market value at the trade deadline. I'm thinking that Chevy might have tried to unload them for something, but he just couldn't find any takers. Chevy had probably been trying to off load Burmi too, but I'm willing to bet Chevy couldn't find any takers there either.
I love the posters on here. So many ppl on here value Jets players far above market value. I would recommend watching other teams and/or something other than the TSN Jets channel. I actually heard ppl on here say Hainsey was worth a first rounder at the trade deadline.

Stop taking potshots at all systems - he is simply revealing the obvious. A week has gone by and Hainsey and Antro don't seem to be as coveted as ppl on here thought. They were never worth the 1/2/3 rounders some of you thought they were. I wish they were worth more so we could have traded them at the deadline and got something for them.

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
I love the posters on here.
As do I

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 10:15 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
As do I
Whats the latest? You should be the agent in charge!

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
Whats the latest? You should be the agent in charge!
Basically what's been said.

Teams dealing with decreased cap, waiting to sign their RFA's, etc.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:48 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
Jagr hasn't signed yet. No interest by anyone.
So clearly he's worthless.

I assume both Mikhail Grabovski and Damien Brunner are worthless as well, apparently generating no interest whatsoever as they have not been signed to contracts.

DarthMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:11 PM
scopar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
You must of pulled something after making that leap.
/thread

I think people get too caught up with the TSN free-agency marketing and forget that it's a summer long affair.

scopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 01:09 AM
tntkid

I am truly shocked that there is little to no interest for teams wanting to sign Nik Antropov for 4.75 a season.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Bob E

Canes reported interested in, and talking with, Hainsey. May be willing to go more than 1 yr. hmmmm. Ron's struggling to get more than a 1 yr deal?

Sounds like its between Ron or Ryan Whitney. I'd take Ron.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:16 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Basically what's been said.

Teams dealing with decreased cap, waiting to sign their RFA's, etc.
This

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
I love the posters on here. So many ppl on here value Jets players far above market value. I would recommend watching other teams and/or something other than the TSN Jets channel. I actually heard ppl on here say Hainsey was worth a first rounder at the trade deadline.

Stop taking potshots at all systems - he is simply revealing the obvious. A week has gone by and Hainsey and Antro don't seem to be as coveted as ppl on here thought. They were never worth the 1/2/3 rounders some of you thought they were. I wish they were worth more so we could have traded them at the deadline and got something for them.
I'd recommend the same (to watch other teams around the league) as we can assume that all the unsigned players had no trade deadline worth correct?

Except on April 2nd The Boston Bruins traded two prospects and a first round pick for Jaromir Jagr. Weird...Jagr is still unsigned.

How peculiar...

Odder yet is that in the past players have been signed way past the opening day of free agency and then later on get traded for value. How is this even possible? Obviously they had no value before. Teams are obviously pulling some type of coup with all these valueless players.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 06:59 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:

How quickly we forget, Paul Gaustad got a 1st rounder just over a year ago, and he's a 3rd line center at best.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke89 View Post
How quickly we forget, Paul Gaustad got a 1st rounder just over a year ago, and he's a 3rd line center at best.
He'll likely be Nashville's 4th with Legwand, Fisher, and Cullen ahead of him.

Plus the fact that they're paying him over 3 million a year for that role is pretty appalling as well.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 08:19 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
He'll likely be Nashville's 4th with Legwand, Fisher, and Cullen ahead of him.

Plus the fact that they're paying him over 3 million a year for that role is pretty appalling as well.
I fully support the competition making as many of these mistakes as possible.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 08:32 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
I fully support the competition making as many of these mistakes as possible.
When you are so good at drafting outside of the first like Nashville, you can afford a move like this once in awhile.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 08:09 AM
cbcwpg

Heard on the radio ( CJOB ) this morning that Carolina is trying to clear some cap space so they can go after Hainsey.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote